Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

America gone to shit
    #1775179 - 08/03/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

America is now full of liberals,gays, and hippies. I dont mean this as anything bad because I would consider myself to be liberal.

When America was at its peek, men were in charge of the government, the military, of everything. Questioning the government was unheard of because patriotism was mandatory. There was no openly gay men parading down the streets. Wives stayed home and cooked for there kids.

Now, in 2003, look around. HALF of Americans consider the president to be a liar....and thousands, possibly millions, within our own country protested the war in Iraq (not to mention the millions and millions abroad). The American government has been embarassed countless times since the war with more evidence of lies and misleading information. But Americans dont give a shit anymore.

The average American owns 3 credit cards, a cell phone, and at least one computer. Why the fuck should we care? I have everything I want what do I care if my government invades other countries based on lies.

Anyway, what im trying to say is..as our country becomes more liberal, we get closer and closer to losing our 'superpower' title. Personally, I believe things like marijuana should be legal for medicinal use, gays should be allowed to marry, I believe we need another democrat in office. But conservatism is whats good for the country as a whole....I predict America will be just another country in 15 or 20 years, at the most.
Anyone agree? think im an idiot?

--------------------
:stash: + :bong: = :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: America gone to shit [Re: DellComputers]
    #1775229 - 08/03/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Umm, ok... You need to post that here: Politics, Activism and Law

Thank you drive thru :wink: 

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
    #1775248 - 08/03/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think it's people being liberal, gay, pot smokers or hippies that's the problem...I think it's people's selfish, self-important, uncaring attitudes and outlook on life. For example, there were 11,127 gun deaths in 1999, more than any other industrialized nation. Many other industrialized nations have under 500-1000 gun deaths. Look at the state of the public transportation system; GM bought out the electric trolley cars in 30s-40s, replaced them in 45 major cities) with polluting, inconvenient, slow bus systems and along with the INCREDIBLY powerful highway lobby group began an immense highway building project across the U.S. Not only that, but they promoted the attitude that every American deserves a loud, inefficient, polluting car that can usually seat 5+ people comfortably...even though most of the time only one person is ever in the car. Nowadays people want their gas-guzzling SUVs even though we all know they are horrible for the environment and consume a large portion of the non-renewable resources that we have come to depend on. Look at the environment. Did hippies, gays, and pot smokers create that problem? Look at the media, did hippies, gays, and pot smokers create that problem? Look at the violence and incredibly ugly attitudes of people, inherent in the majority of the U.S. population. Did hippies, gays and pot smoking liberals create that problem?

No, the government and popular media did and powerful corporations did, to further their goals, pad their pocketbooks, and to shock and scare the american public into compliance and to program us to not question the system - and by making it pretty difficult to change policy when it needs to be changed, but profits one/many of the fat cats. Who's the real enemy, the people who created the problem and refuse to allow the system to be changed, or the people whose minds are against the system [I'd say most gay people, hippies, pot smokers and liberals are against the system] but are unable to do a thing about it [because the system perpetuates itself so well]?

I think this thread could stay in this forum, because I think it's a lack of a unifying sense of Spirituality & Philosophy that is the problem.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (08/03/03 11:03 AM)

OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

Re: America gone to shit [Re: neutralizer]
    #1775256 - 08/03/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with what your saying, but I didn't mean issues like violence and pollution and what not. And I certainly wasnt blaming America's problems on the gays, liberals, and hippies. I was pointing out a growing trend torward more liberal ideas in the United States as a whole. America has been in trouble with violence and pollution since the 70's. America from an international standpoint is losing credibility.

--------------------

Offlineneutralizer
    #1775281 - 08/03/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think that us losing credibility is the natural result of the attitudes behind many of our social problems.  How can we be credible to other powerful and successful nations when we are killing each other like crazy (having the highest number of gun deaths of any industrialized nation) persecuting ourselves like crazy (very overcrowded jails, innefective drug laws [War On Drugs, anyone]), polluting the air like crazy (cars, SUVs) have a general "gimme"/consuming attitude, and then we go and do things like not go along with the UN and allow ourselves to be led by bush into a vague (and I want to say pointless, except for maybe the misdirection it caused) war against a concept ("terrorism")?  This country is going to hell in a handbasket, and it's not because of liberals, hippies, and pot smokers.  If anything, we are the country's salvation.  Who else is willing to stand up for what is right and point out how the system is failing?  The government?  The conservatives?  The big-time corporations and individuals who profit from all this?

America is falling behind.  Hopefully my boyfriend (I'm a guy) and I will make the decision to move to Canada after we finish our education.  I think malachi said it best (in this (http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum11&Number=1765541)  thread):
Quote:

Malachi said:
sweet sweet canada is going to get all of the rich liberal gay people who smoke pot to move to vancouver.... then we'll be lift with a bunch of stupid homophobes who don't smoke weed but are still all gay. 

:wink:

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (08/03/03 11:23 AM)

Anonymous

#1775325 - 08/03/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah!  :mad:

And Herr Klinton can suck my nuts!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1775384 - 08/03/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yarr.good topic...but away to Political it goes...

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: America gone to shit [Re: Shroomism]
    #1775387 - 08/03/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

the american empire was an accidental one, so it wont last long. It was just plopped into their hands after world war 2

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #1775444 - 08/03/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DellComputers said:
I have everything I want what do I care if my government invades other countries based on lies.

And, well, since it's all about you, then I guess we're good.

Pack it up, boys... we're done here. Clean out your desks and go home. Oh - and would the last one to leave, please turn out the lights?

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Anonymous

#1775804 - 08/03/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

the conservative America you speak of was the foundation of current America. One would not exist without the other. You view homogenous attitudes as a good thing? Hm. perhaps.

Everything always was built on lies- self-evaluation and criticism have changed positions, but the lies remain the same

Offlineneutralizer
Re: America gone to shit [Re: ]
    #1775881 - 08/03/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Then let's get rid of the lies? If only...

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1776135 - 08/03/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Really...You cant blame the current state of the country on the Government alone...

The reason America is the way it is today is because the people want it this way. The people elected the officials who make the policies...If the majority of citizens cared enough to get out of their houses and vote instead of just bitch, something might change..

But if America is different today in all the ways you say it is, which I dont question, its because American's like it that way...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

Re: America gone to shit [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1776205 - 08/03/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GernBlanston said:
Quote:

DellComputers said:
I have everything I want what do I care if my government invades other countries based on lies.

And, well, since it's all about you, then I guess we're good.

Pack it up, boys... we're done here. Clean out your desks and go home. Oh - and would the last one to leave, please turn out the lights?

Dont be a dick or anything..? I was making a point, if I didn't give a shit why would I make this post. I didnt say everything was about me, I was trying to start a discussion. If you cant handle it stay the fuck out.

--------------------

OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

Re: America gone to shit [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1776215 - 08/03/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Really...You cant blame the current state of the country on the Government alone...

The reason America is the way it is today is because the people want it this way. The people elected the officials who make the policies...If the majority of citizens cared enough to get out of their houses and vote instead of just bitch, something might change..

But if America is different today in all the ways you say it is, which I dont question, its because American's like it that way...

I see what you mean, but I dont think Americans like or dislike it this way. They don't give a shit. And when people stop caring about whats going on then the ones left to decide(our government) will fuck it up, as we've been seeing. Remember when so many people were protesting..the majority of Americans had this arrogant 'quit your whining or get out' attitude. Now that its been proven he lied, nobody is doing SHIT about it..

--------------------

Offlineneutralizer
    #1776236 - 08/03/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DellComputers said:
I see what you mean, but I dont think Americans like or dislike it this way. They don't give a shit. And when people stop caring about whats going on then the ones left to decide(our government) will fuck it up, as we've been seeing. Remember when so many people were protesting..the majority of Americans had this arrogant 'quit your whining or get out' attitude. Now that its been proven he lied, nobody is doing SHIT about it.. 

Exactly.  All along the way since before the "shock and awe" had even begun, I and many others were asking questions and pointing fingers and trying to make sense out of everything instead of just going along with what the government was telling us.  But we were all told to 'Shut up, this is america, if you don't like it get out' while the "patriots" spun out in their big trucks and SUVs, leaving us with a vision of magnetic flags on the back of their vehicles :wink:

Anyway, like you said, I don't think that it's because we want it this way; but I think a major part of it is that it's just that we've been taught to trust the government and to not question authority, along with other flawed teachings, which as a result leave many people confused, apathetic, and believing they can't/wouldn't make a difference.  I think most people have the idea, "The United States is in trouble and not a great place?  Don't worry, the government will fix it.  Other nations don't like us?  Too bad, they can fuck off."  That's exactly what I'm talking about.

--------------------

Edited by neutralizer (08/03/03 06:12 PM)

OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

#1776252 - 08/03/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

neutralizer said:
I think most people have the idea, "The United States is in trouble and not a great place? Don't worry, the government will fix it." That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Good point, thats what Im saying. We cant leave it to the government to fix. The people need to make some major changes NOW. But back to the same thing..no one cares.

--------------------

Offlineneutralizer
    #1776260 - 08/03/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I edited my post and changed what you quoted, look at it now :tongue:

Yeah.  What to do?  I care.  Many people do.  Maybe we should get organized or something?  What organizations are out there that are trying to takle this problem we are talking about?

--------------------

OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

#1776273 - 08/03/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

lol im not changin the quote..to much work.

There are some orginizations out there because a lot of people are realizing this. I hope something good comes of it, but people now are watching the country crumble as they go about there business...I can't think of anything better than that to motivate people...but i guess not.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1776280 - 08/03/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

get rid of them??
why, without them we'd freeze to death! they're warm, dont you know

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1776403 - 08/03/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

neutralizer said:
Quote:

DellComputers said:

Exactly.  All along the way since before the "shock and awe" had even begun, I and many others were asking questions and pointing fingers and trying to make sense out of everything instead of just going along with what the government was telling us.  But we were all told to 'Shut up, this is america, if you don't like it get out' while the "patriots" spun out in their big trucks and SUVs, leaving us with a vision of magnetic flags on the back of their vehicles :wink:

Anyway, like you said, I don't think that it's because we want it this way; but I think a major part of it is that it's just that we've been taught to trust the government and to not question authority, along with other flawed teachings, which as a result leave many people confused, apathetic, and believing they can't/wouldn't make a difference.  I think most people have the idea, "The United States is in trouble and not a great place?  Don't worry, the government will fix it.  Other nations don't like us?  Too bad, they can fuck off."  That's exactly what I'm talking about. 

Wow, you nailed the attitude I was given by many of my own friends.  I didn't think anyone else had encountered this, although in my mind I'm sure that I knew that they had.  I may paste and save this because it spoke my own reflections so well.  Thanks :smile:

-ShadeGirl 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order