Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Mysticweb FAQ question
    #1737734 - 07/22/03 09:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've been working on astral projection for a bit now, and I've been reading on this website's FAQ, Mysticweb: Astral Projection Site , and I found this question I'm having trouble digesting:
Q: Can drugs (alcohol, marijuana, psychedelics) help you get out of your body?
A: They can damage your Astral body, make the mind and emotions more active and can make your consciousness more asleep, all of which are not good for continuing Astral success, not to mention the Spiritual Work. Cultures like the Shamans use them for projections, but they can only go to the inferior Astral and get experiences that look spiritual sometimes, but which in fact belong to the negative side. I've been there at their ceremonies in the Astral so I know about that. All drug-induced experiences belong to the negative side and that side is only strengthened in a person by taking drugs.

Now, I am wondering if this guy has a personal reason for saying this agansit drugs? Maybe he doesn't understand what goes on with the mushrooms? I understand what the problem could be with the man made chemicals, but what about our shrooms (found in nature)? I think that there would be a reason they were made this way...This is basically to those involved with astral projections, like Shroomism, what do you think? I am not too concerned, since I barely get a chance to do shrooms anyways.. but I'm curious.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Mysticweb FAQ question [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1737947 - 07/22/03 10:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nah, I would take what the article said with a grain of salt. Somehow, I guess the article writer doesn't understand that drugs are chemicals. The material that is presented to the user is created within the "mind"...the chemical just powers it up.

It's just where your mind is at when you trip...in my opinion at least. They probably had the "drugs are bad" dogma attached when they tried projecting during a trip. If you have negative thoughts underlying your conscious mind, then you will get negative things back when you project, IMO.

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Mysticweb FAQ question [Re: Darkcloud]
    #1737975 - 07/22/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I agree, I really doubt this statement, all the other ones were educated and made sense; I dismiss the statement as just having a misunderstanding of mushrooms (it is probably well-founded in regards to the other drugs though).
However, he has a view that I don't have yet, one developed from being in the astral realm (and being conscious of it while he's there). That's why I'm wondering what people that have experience going there think. Looking for some more insight, that's all.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1738597 - 07/22/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for that link! Im starting the astral travel course in two days....

Did you take it already?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Mysticweb FAQ question [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1738636 - 07/22/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't taken it, and I'd definitley like to, but I am leaving on Thursday, going to visit someone in a different state. I think it is the kind of class that you have to be there when it happens, but I'll check again, because I am definitley interested...
I've only read the stuff on that site, one other site that I found following someone's post on here, and what Shroomism and others have told me. I know I am close. Just never stop trying, and it takes awhile to basically shut your mind up, but if you take the course, they'll cover all of it, I'm sure. Good luck.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1738645 - 07/22/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I couldn't believe it was starting in two days!...thats perfect. I'll prolly post here a few times once its going on and let ya'll know what its about.

...well its about astral travel, but you know....see if its any good or not...
the guy writing it is one tripped out looking mofo...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1738676 - 07/22/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OBE aside, I look at drug use in any mystic setting as a short cut. Like any good short cut, you can get to your destination faster. Like any good short cut, you can get lost easier than if you take the long road.

One must be careful that drug use to enhance a mystical experience does not turn into mystical experiences as an excuse to use drugs.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Mysticweb FAQ question [Re: Seuss]
    #1738800 - 07/22/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Or be frightened away by thier experience...

Excellent analogy!

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1740301 - 07/23/03 01:14 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They sell books and courses, so naturally it's bad for business to acknowledge that you can get astral projection for free by eating a plant.

I read the rest of their FAQ and found another strange answer where they said that you can't astral project outside the Milky Way galaxy:

There are different laws outside this galaxy, an ordinary person can't transcend them and can't go further.

Does anyone know what this is about? I would like to know exactly what those laws are and in what ways they differ outside this galaxy. I would also be interested to know when and how people found out about this. Astral projection has been around for ages. Was this common knowledge among astral travellers even before modern astronomers discovered that other galaxies exist? If so, why didn't they tell anyone about the amazing fact that there are other galaxies?

And even if limited to our own galaxy, astral travelling sounds like a wonderful way to obtain astronomical information. You could, for example, travel to the dark side of the moon and come back and describe what it looks like. Oh wait, no one bothered to do that before the moon's backside was photographed in 1959. Why?

Maybe the rest of the same FAQ answer gives us a clue:

It's better though to learn to get into the Astral, to begin to explore it and to get Esoteric teachings, than it is to learn theoretical information that has no use.

Translation: don't ask any more embarrassing questions!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Mysticweb FAQ question [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1740424 - 07/23/03 04:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rhizoid said:
They sell books and courses, so naturally it's bad for business to acknowledge that you can get astral projection for free by eating a plant.

Actually, the courses are free, but I don't know if they sell any books or not. Anyways, in some respects, I see some validity in what he said; however, it may just be pride (our way is THE way, we had to strengthen our mind, they cheat because they just eat something....)

Quote:

There are different laws outside this galaxy, an ordinary person can't transcend them and can't go further.

Does anyone know what this is about? I would like to know exactly what those laws are and in what ways they differ outside this galaxy.

Perhaps the word galaxy was a bad choice, but then again, maybe not. I remember following a link here once, and reading something about the teachings of Ra (by the way, anyone have this link, I'd LOVE to go there again, I only have read and printed off Section Four, it was possibly johnnyfive or Shroomism that it came from). Among "clearing up" and basically making a lot of sense on a lot of topics, it explained how our universe is divided up (can't remember the exact word yet), each one controlled by a Logo (basically a co-Creator) that set the rules for his area (I believe it possible that Satan is ours, although not in the role that Christians have played him out as, he's the one who gave us the CHOICE to expereience being unpure, rather than always living in perfection). Adamist or maybe Markos can add something on this, I believe. I believe that this may be what he is referring to (I think we aren't far enough along to be allowed to travel that deep into the universe, into the territory of another Logi. Ra, I believe was, has he was either fifth or six density), considering the subject of astral projections, and how that ties in with the different densities of the octave we can be in (3rd density now, preparing for 4th density right now, so very close, and I believe that the astral realm has something to do with this....I'm starting to lose my footing, Shroomism is the better man to be talking about this).

Quote:

And even if limited to our own galaxy, astral travelling sounds like a wonderful way to obtain astronomical information. You could, for example, travel to the dark side of the moon and come back and describe what it looks like. Oh wait, no one bothered to do that before the moon's backside was photographed in 1959. Why?

How do we know if someone ever did or not? Especially, since you couldn't exactly make a public claim like that, not even now...
"So, you are claiming that you went into a different dimension intristically linked with our own, flew to the other side of the moon, and experienced first hand what it looked like, and remember every detail? Tell me, Sir, did you leave your mind on the moon while you were there? We have a nice room where you can travel to AALLLL the heavenly bodies you want to."
Quote:

It's better though to learn to get into the Astral, to begin to explore it and to get Esoteric teachings, than it is to learn theoretical information that has no use.

This, I believe, is the author imposing his own beliefs onto the message.... Who says what has use, and what does not? This statement doesn't discredit astral projections in general... it just shows that, while one must quite the rational, ego mind to make these trips (I'm assuming it requires it, from what I've read from various sources, as I haven't jumped over yet), it doesn't stop it from being enlarged when you come back, and perhaps some ancient deity never told him that not everyone is interested in going on someone else's mission..
Peace.

Translation: don't ask any more embarrassing questions!

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

#1740491 - 07/23/03 05:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

How do we know if someone ever did or not? Especially, since you couldn't exactly make a public claim like that, not even now...
"So, you are claiming that you went into a different dimension intristically linked with our own, flew to the other side of the moon, and experienced first hand what it looked like, and remember every detail? Tell me, Sir, did you leave your mind on the moon while you were there? We have a nice room where you can travel to AALLLL the heavenly bodies you want to."

I don't think astral travel was considered controversial in ancient India or Tibet. Some old yogi must have flown to the moon and told about it. Why are there no accurate descriptions of the moon's surface to be found anywhere in ancient texts? Surely at least the craters should have been worthy of mention?

And even a crude map of the Earth as seen from space would have been sensational, but it seems like none of the ancient astral travellers was interested in what our planet looks like. Isn't that strange?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Mysticweb FAQ question [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1740507 - 07/23/03 05:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rhizoid said:
Some old yogi must have flown to the moon and told about it.....
....but it seems like none of the ancient astral travellers was interested in what our planet looks like. Isn't that strange?

I don't think anyone that has astral projected has ever been in even a considerable minority, most of them probably monks or other religious figures seperated from society. I do recognize that some of these people recorded a lot of things. Hell, maybe they did draw a map. I haven't projected yet myself (never got to try last night, as I have yet to go to sleep, hehe), but I have heard that they are 100% realistic, almost more detailed (probably because you actually experience your surroundings). However, do these occurences stick in your head forever, detailed just as when it occured, or do they generally fade with time, as all memories? Is it more like remembering a dream, albeit a more clear one? I'm asking because I know some people here have experienced this, and I have not.
If memories of the projection are like most memories, I think it would rather hard to draw an in depth, detailed map of the dark side of the moon after the actual projection (you can't carry a map back when you return). Could you draw me a map of a house that you had only been in for a couple of hours, a couple of days after you were in it? Even a couple hours after you had been there, it would be hard to do.
The moon is a lot bigger, and the differences on the face of the moon are a little more subtle than that of objects in a house.
Of course, this is assuming that memories of astral projections are not crystal-clear, complete and full re-enactments of the actual occurence.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

#1740528 - 07/23/03 06:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think it takes a perfect memory to recollect for example:

"I saw lots of huge craters when I flew close to the moon"
"You should see Saturn up close, it has these beautiful rings!"

But no, no one seems to have bothered about reporting such things until people started using telescopes to look at the sky.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1740550 - 07/23/03 07:05 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am no expert in the matter by I had my share of oobe's and lD's, I would not be so concerned, I know some one that has a lot of oobe's and has done a lot of drugs, he told me he sees no problem.
But like every thing in life you should always practice moderation.
Abuse of ethogens is a sure way to deplete your energy.
You need energy to oobe and ld.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom