Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefredthetree
Stranger

Loc: Canada
The dimension of awareness?
    #1303071 - 02/12/03 02:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

We've grown up and lived in a "reality" based on four dimensions; three that define our physical location, and a fourth that represents time.  But all the while, we seem to have forgotten the most obvious, our awareness.

I mean, here I am, typing up this post, somehow using my mind, or "awareness" to force my physical body to move, and type what I decide.  An yet, where do these "thoughts" come from?  Some of you will say, "well, that's obvious.  Your brain."  But lets assume the human brain as a sort of "translator" of awareness, a conversion station of sorts, a place where thoughts are converted to the physical plane. 

So then where is my awareness?  I can't touch it, see it, or use any of my sense to find it, so it's not part of the first three dimensions we know of.  And it's not time.  So does it exist on it's own dimension of existance?  And if it does, think about what it could mean.  We started off as simple primates, and began to explore the first things we found, the first three dimensions, the world that we could see and touch.  Then, we learned of time, and began to mark the passing of it.  Now, we're starting to explore our mind, our consciousness and awareness.

So if all our minds exist on the same plane of existance (why wouldn't they?) then that means with a bit of exploration, we could easily locate other minds.  And then we have a portal to a giant "hive-mind," where all our awareness exists together, summing all the knowledge of every being that exists (in that dimension).

And from there?  Who knows.

note: these are just some thoughts that came up during a conversation that started with the evolution of our species, and quickly written in paragraph form :smile:  I'm just curious to see what other people's views on this are :laugh:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: The dimension of awareness? [Re: fredthetree]
    #1303099 - 02/12/03 02:59 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Awareness is eternal..

--------------------

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1303165 - 02/12/03 03:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Good thoughts, fredthetree!  I really love your avatar. :laugh:

A thought on one of your thoughts:

So then where is my awareness? I can't touch it, see it, or use any of my sense to find it, so it's not part of the first three dimensions we know of.

I thought the first three dimensions are spatial.  We can't touch, see, or use any sense to find space.  We are just aware that it is there.

I still don't know where our awareness is, though! 
I think it might just be an illusion.

I can see how you say it is it's own dimension, though.  But I'm not sure if all our brains are on the same plane.  Because our awareness is just our perception of awareness, and everyone's perception is different somehow.

I do think it could be possilbe that everyone's awareness/consciousness is evolving to become one; to merge into the same plane.

Awareness evolved in the first place with the evolution of animals.  We are expanding our dimension of awareness, just as the universe is expanding.  Some scientists believe that all the stars and planets and every other thing that exists within the universe will eventually implode back in upon themselves.  Perhaps our minds--each of our personal dimensions of awareness--will do the same.

Whoa... I am too stoned.

:blush:
:tongue:
:laugh:

-RebelSteve   

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1303191 - 02/12/03 03:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Good post, i used to think time was the 4th dimenison, (in a measureable plain) but now i just don't know.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1303298 - 02/12/03 04:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

from what I've read awareness exists so we can feed ourselves and find mates

edit(addition): and avoid danger of course

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (02/12/03 04:21 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale