Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #13026007 -

Fact of the matter is...

BILLIONS of people eat meat, and most of em aint stoppin' any time soon.

I don't have christian-like beliefs, therefore I don't think people are 'sinners' for eating meat.

It's nature. Plain and simple.

If people were forced into a non-meat diet, there'd be some motherfuckin savage wars!

As I said earlier, it's a personal choice IMO, as it's YOUR body. :facepalm:


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13026039 -

*I'm
*quit

seems the fruits arent doing much for that brain power

:picard: Im sorry...I lack the intelligence of your congested arteries and super powered brain...Because we ALL know that it is FACT that eating meat will increase your brain size and make you a genius...that is basically your idiotic assumption, and that is what I argue with.
it's a shame you cant realize what you believe we need to realize, hell,
you cant even see facts, the lack of meat is retarding your thoughts

This is only more proof that you dont know what the fuck you are talking about, and completely talking out of your ass.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13026057 -

blewmeanie said:
Can you truly love nature and still eat carrots?



Isn't it interesting that the carnivorous animals do not eat the fruits...and that the fruits are so perfectly designed for your consumption, as well as other animals that eat vegetation...

Its funny it seems meat eaters can't tell the difference between an animal and a plant...which is expected.

Edited by TeamAmerica (08/09/10 11:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13026079 -

JackthaTripper said:
...and not be a vegetarian. 


How can you love all animals but kill them at the same time?



How can I love my pythons and let them starve? Straw man hypocrite. I don't think we should be mass-producing beef in feed lots the way we do, no- more for humanitarian and sanitary reasons than anything else. But there's no other conceivable way to meet the demand. A diet with no meat whatsoever in it is unhealthy. We have clearly evolved the (valuable) ability to process heavy protein and fats. Not taking advantage is, well, your decision.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #13026083 -

I support people eating a vegan/vegetarian diet, and not the slaughtering of animals, but even if people hypothetically knew with absolute certainty that a meat diet is bad for their health, for the animals, for the planet, they'd still eat meat!

The savage wars thing wasn't a joke :grin:


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13026084 -

no, you cannot love animals and eat meat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #13026094 -

TeamAmerica said:
blewmeanie said:
Can you truly love nature and still eat carrots?



Isn't it interesting that the carnivorous animals do not eat the fruits...and that the fruits are so perfectly designed for your consumption, as well as other animals that eat vegetation...

Its funny it seems meat eaters can't tell the difference between an animal and a plant...which is expected.



You are seriously making yourself look stupid as hell. A farmer tells you how cows are raised and you tell him he doesn't know what he's taking about. What makes you an expert?


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: blujay]
    #13026105 -

blujay said:
JackthaTripper said:
...and not be a vegetarian. 


How can you love all animals but kill them at the same time?



How can I love my pythons and let them starve? Straw man hypocrite. I don't think we should be mass-producing beef in feed lots the way we do, no- more for humanitarian and sanitary reasons than anything else. But there's no other conceivable way to meet the demand. A diet with no meat whatsoever in it is unhealthy. We have clearly evolved the (valuable) ability to process heavy protein and fats. Not taking advantage is, well, your decision.



Ahh, someone who incorporates science in their argument. :thumbup:

I agree completely, I think all these vegetarian fanatics should take a step back and think about what they REALLY want. Whether 1%, or even if as much as 5% goes vegetarian, animal cruelty in feedlots will still exist....

I think some common middle ground could be approached in the improvement of our current slaughtering habits(albeit, less profit and more money). But, we are human after all, if we're smart enough to build faster and faster computer chips, I'm sure we can figure out a way to cut our losses from safer, more hygienic, and humane ways of slaughtering our livestock and also find a way to save money in another department(e.g. electricity, or some ingenious idea I haven't thought of yet for the purposes of this post) so that farmers won't resort back to old habits.

I think a lot of the cruelty going on in those slaughterhouses, is the lack of care and thoughtless routine procedures. When it comes down to it, we are still American.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Kada]
    #13026116 -

Kada said:
TeamAmerica said:
blewmeanie said:
Can you truly love nature and still eat carrots?



Isn't it interesting that the carnivorous animals do not eat the fruits...and that the fruits are so perfectly designed for your consumption, as well as other animals that eat vegetation...

Its funny it seems meat eaters can't tell the difference between an animal and a plant...which is expected.



You are seriously making yourself look stupid as hell. A farmer tells you how cows are raised and you tell him he doesn't know what he's taking about. What makes you an expert?



You're both idiots. We're omniverous. You know... like mice, rats, racoons, bears, chimps, various birds, turtles, some fish (such as pirhannas). I'll stop eating meat when all of them decide they're going to gimp their own biology and quit eating meat. Fortunately for me, raccoons don't have a brain big enough to make them want to do anything like that, so I am going to continue eating shitloads of chickens, and butchering them myself because chopping their heads off is the best part.

Hell, I killed four animals already today. Are you keeping up?


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Kada]
    #13026121 -

Kada said:
TeamAmerica said:
blewmeanie said:
Can you truly love nature and still eat carrots?



Isn't it interesting that the carnivorous animals do not eat the fruits...and that the fruits are so perfectly designed for your consumption, as well as other animals that eat vegetation...

Its funny it seems meat eaters can't tell the difference between an animal and a plant...which is expected.



You are seriously making yourself look stupid as hell. A farmer tells you how cows are raised and you tell him he doesn't know what he's taking about. What makes you an expert?



I wasn't arguing the point of raising cows...:confused2:

Im not expert..infact I just find it amusing, I know just a little on the subject, yet find it quite easy to debate over it just because there is much bullshit that smothers the issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #13026132 -

SO you admit you have no idea what your talking about? Good. I agree.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: blujay]
    #13026136 -

blujay said:
Kada said:
TeamAmerica said:
blewmeanie said:
Can you truly love nature and still eat carrots?



Isn't it interesting that the carnivorous animals do not eat the fruits...and that the fruits are so perfectly designed for your consumption, as well as other animals that eat vegetation...

Its funny it seems meat eaters can't tell the difference between an animal and a plant...which is expected.



You are seriously making yourself look stupid as hell. A farmer tells you how cows are raised and you tell him he doesn't know what he's taking about. What makes you an expert?



You're both idiots. We're omniverous. You know... like mice, rats, racoons, bears, chimps, various birds, turtles, some fish (such as pirhannas). I'll stop eating meat when all of them decide they're going to gimp their own biology and quit eating meat. Fortunately for me, raccoons don't have a brain big enough to make them want to do anything like that, so I am going to continue eating shitloads of chickens, and butchering them myself because chopping their heads off is the best part.

Hell, I killed four animals already today. Are you keeping up?



Anyone that quick to call someone an idiot is one themselves. You're a human...not a fish or a turtle or a bear...You are in fact designed to eat much more plants than you, or any modern man would think about doing, just because you guys are so boner locked on hamburgers etc

I understand the goddamn issue

Edited by TeamAmerica (08/09/10 11:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Kada]
    #13026140 -

Kada said:
SO you admit you have no idea what your talking about? Good. I agree.



I have more of an idea what Im talking about than 90% of the people in this thread...I dont need some half retarded meat head to tell me I dont know what im talking about.

All the attacks on my points have been vague and misguided

Edited by TeamAmerica (08/09/10 11:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #13026147 -

TeamAmerica said:
You are even more misleading...You point at the fact that the aryans did not condemn meat eating like its a justification for you...which I never said they didn't I said they practiced vegetarianism.



see, again misleading, it's not that they didnt condemn eating meat,
they actually partook, your earlier vague statement also was meant to
lead us to believe that they were in fact some of the earliest
vegetarians of which a few may have been but it's obvious that if their
meat eating accomplishments were written about then the vast majority
were in fact not vegetarians

Quote:
...How much sense would it make for the Vedic teachings to be AFTER the hindu culture? The vedas were an orally passed down tradition, coming from the aryans which flourished more than 7000 years ago in 5000 b.c...Do you think the vedas just came out of no where? It was already part of their culture, so you again you have proved nothing...



http://www.indoaryans.org/
aryans make their first appearance in history around 2000 BC, still well
shy of the 7000 years ago. the vedic were in the same time period,
you're making up dates to try and illustrate your points

Quote:
BUT my mistake...It seems that the Rig vedas were started to be written around 1300 b.c when they invaded India which is understandable.




loads of dates as well as other facts you're mistaken about

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #13026155 -

TeamAmerica said:
Kada said:
SO you admit you have no idea what your talking about? Good. I agree.



I have more of an idea what Im talking about than 90% of the people in this thread...I dont need some half retarded meat head to tell me I dont know what im talking about.

All the attacks on my points have been vague and misguided



:billymaythumbup: Riiiiight lol.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: blujay]
    #13026156 -

blujay said:
JackthaTripper said:
...and not be a vegetarian. 


How can you love all animals but kill them at the same time?



How can I love my pythons and let them starve? Straw man hypocrite. I don't think we should be mass-producing beef in feed lots the way we do, no- more for humanitarian and sanitary reasons than anything else. But there's no other conceivable way to meet the demand. A diet with no meat whatsoever in it is unhealthy. We have clearly evolved the (valuable) ability to process heavy protein and fats. Not taking advantage is, well, your decision.



You can get just as much nutrition not eating meat. I'm not unhealthy because I don't eat meat, that is just false.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not arguing anything against eating meat, it's all a matter of opinion when it comes down to it, so please don't attack me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #13026166 -

TeamAmerica said:
Because we ALL know that it is FACT that eating meat will increase your brain size and make you a genius...that is basically your idiotic assumption, and that is what I argue with



that's not my assumption, it's proven, shown through anthropological and biological research


Quote:
it's a shame you cant realize what you believe we need to realize, hell,
you cant even see facts, the lack of meat is retarding your thoughts

This is only more proof that you dont know what the fuck you are talking about, and completely talking out of your ass.




right then, yes I certainly was

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13026180 -




Get my name up out your mouth, you don't know me. I don't think your actually an idiot, I'm just vulgar.

Probably because I eat two fucking heads of lettuce, a shitton of carrots, bananas, tomatoes, potatoes, celery, broccoli, asparagus, (weekly) and the like and never find the time for enough goddam cooked protein.


--------------------

wat man rly

Edited by blujay (08/09/10 11:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: golden1]
    #13026191 -

golden1 said:
You can get just as much nutrition not eating meat.




that's a misleading statement, while it is possible to get all the
nutrition you can from meat in a vegetarian diet it's not always feasible,
as I mentioned, logistics play a large role, in some areas it's impossible
to get those foods needed and meat or eggs are the only available source

another thing to look at is bioavailability, you typically have to eat far
more veggies, fruits, nuts and legumes to get that nutrition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: blujay]
    #13026196 -

blujay said:
Get my name up out your mouth, you don't know me. I don't think your actually an idiot, I'm just vulgar.

Probably because I eat two fucking heads of lettuce, a shitton of carrots, bananas, tomatoes, potatoes, celery, broccoli, asparagus, (weekly) and the like and never find the time for enough goddam cooked protein.



hahaha... that just seems like it's from out of no where

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* German inventor's "cat fuel" angers animal lovers lonestar2004 1,590 7 09/14/05 11:18 AM
by Prosgeopax
* Advice Needed. Animal Abuse. Deranged Friend? Sleepless...
( 1 2 all )
absolute zero 5,409 29 07/06/06 10:28 AM
by absolute zero
* vegetarians are killing animals
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
XUL 11,103 82 06/09/05 08:02 AM
by looner2
* Decided to go vegetarian
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
tomk 20,827 221 05/22/05 03:09 PM
by Delyrium
* Vegetarianism?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 7,502 65 02/25/04 07:57 AM
by shroomsi8
* Thinking about becoming vegetarian....
( 1 2 all )
Thin White Duke 4,797 31 11/28/04 08:40 PM
by Adom
* How to put a vegetarian in their place
( 1 2 3 all )
Brewmaster 4,105 46 12/28/06 04:29 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* vegetarians
( 1 2 3 4 all )
run_rabbit_run 4,518 62 05/25/06 01:12 AM
by eligal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,532 topic views. 8 members, 14 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.