Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: blissedout]
    #13017467 -



--------------------


Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13018068 -

I dont get vegetarians at all you can love animals all you want but your never gonna stop them ultimately getting slaughtered and ripped apart, cooked, seasoned and eaten. Its the cycle of life its the way things are meant to be those animals are there to support the higer life forms animals like cows literally have no other purpose other then being a lower link on the food chain.



I feel bad harvesting plants.....:huxleyfacepalm:


god damn hippies :oldman2:


And those that say its healthier with half the effort you put into ensuring you make your diet healthy and consist only of non animal products you could easily still eat meat and be just as healthy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #13018149 -

I don't understand why so many people think that all vegans are vegan based on some philosophical idea, or purely on moral grounds.

Vegan food is just what I like. Most meat and dairy tastes gross, and makes me want to vomit. I cooked salmon a few times recently, and it just didn't jive with me after trying it a few times.

I remember being in the butcher shop and putting the shocker/taser thing on a pigs head to knock it out before we slit it's throat (I've seen this many hundreds of times). Sometimes they would scream and squeal so loud, it hurt my ears. They would FREAK, and sometimes it would take a few minutes to knock the thing out. The other workers didn't seem to mind so much though, so I don't know... to each their own.

If you want to kill the animal and it ain't gonna stop you, then that's just how life works.

I've harvested fruits, veggies, greens, and the like but it just never gave me the same reaction as the pigs :shrug: Call me crazy, but harvesting plants is a different ball-game than harvesting meat.

Don't get me wrong though, I think it's completely natural for people to eat meat, and I wouldn't want to stop people, we are animals after all. Not all vegans and vegetarians are snobs about it, to me it's a personal choice, and nobody's business but their own.

If you want to eat me on the other hand, or my family, then... :minigun:


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #13018219 -

KetamineKatalyst said:
I remember being in the butcher shop and putting the shocker/taser thing on a pigs head to knock it out before we slit it's throat




it's against the law to use electrical devices, that's why they use the
captive bolt gun, just because it's called a stunner doesnt mean that's
what it does, it kills them, not just knock them out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_bolt_pistol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13018254 -

JackthaTripper said:
How can you love something that you perpetually kill?




I love plants but I still eat them.

I like plants more than animals so I should probably eat more meat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13018301 -

Can you be an animal lover while enjoying the benefits of a society that is fueled by destroying the environment?

I would say yes in both cases, but if the animals knew better I'm not sure how mutual the love would be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13018333 -

Prisoner#1 said:
KetamineKatalyst said:
I remember being in the butcher shop and putting the shocker/taser thing on a pigs head to knock it out before we slit it's throat




it's against the law to use electrical devices, that's why they use the
captive bolt gun, just because it's called a stunner doesnt mean that's
what it does, it kills them, not just knock them out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_bolt_pistol



Nah, it was definitely an electric shocker, maybe they changed the laws after I left there (about 7-8 years ago), or maybe they just didn't follow the law. It would knock em out, and they'd be twitching on the ground. If you didn't kill them after shocking them, they'd wake back up in 5 minutes or so. This was a little butcher shop in a podunk town, not some huge industrialized slaughter-house.


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #13018374 -

a dead animal will give nourishment to either the earth (soil-plants-trees-etc) or another living being, which is also a part of the earth


the death of an animal is inevitable.
it can die from old age, and the body wearing out, or it can be killed by another living being.

either way the cause of death is natural, as it is a result of earth activity (i.e. "nature")


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Edited by Envix (08/07/10 06:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: LoveYourLife]
    #13018377 -

.

Edited by Prisoner#1 (08/07/10 06:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: benitoamanito]
    #13018396 -

Seemed like a sound statement to me, wtf? :banbanban:

Envix, I cannot disagree with that!


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #13018411 -

KetamineKatalyst said:
Envix, I cannot disagree with that!



it is a pretty accurate statement when you look at the big picture and just
because we love animals doesnt mean we cant eat them, think of all the
villages where people honored their loved ones by eating them

"I love you mom, you're even better with BBQ sauce"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13018422 -

Did you mean to quote me? :confused: Which is an accurate statement? If people wanna eat other people, that's between them, just don't eat me'n'mine!


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #13018440 -

i came up with this theory once when i was eating chicken wings while tripping on mescaline. i felt like a carnivorous animal like a wolf or something \, getting pleasure by ripping apart dead flesh with my teeth. almost as if it were a repressed instinctual response from an earlier time when man needed to hunt for their food as meat gave them more strength to survive in troubling times.

in today's age itt is no longer a necessity for man to hunt for his food.

my theory was that as man evolves, he will become less and less carnivorous.
as the society around him shifts, so will the human body and therefore its dietary requirements


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #13018451 -

KetamineKatalyst said:
Did you mean to quote me?



yes

Quote:
Which is an accurate statement?



what envix said

Quote:
If people wanna eat other people, that's between them, just don't eat me'n'mine!



but what if you're dead

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13018463 -

Prisoner#1 said:
KetamineKatalyst said:
I remember being in the butcher shop and putting the shocker/taser thing on a pigs head to knock it out before we slit it's throat




it's against the law to use electrical devices, that's why they use the
captive bolt gun, just because it's called a stunner doesnt mean that's
what it does, it kills them, not just knock them out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_bolt_pistol



I thought the animal needed to be alive to effectively bleed it out?


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: twighead]
    #13018491 -

twighead said:
I thought the animal needed to be alive to effectively bleed it out?



no, simple slitting their throats will exsanguinate them, the heart still
pumps for a little while after being popped in the head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13018572 -

Prisoner#1 said:
the heart still
pumps for a little while after being popped in the head



This. It's weird to pull out the body parts and see'n'feel em still twitching.

If I'm dead, feel free to fuck, eat, do whatever to my body. I've thought about donating my dead body to some necropheliac organization, so some lucky soul doesn't have to sneak into the mortuary or whatever for a few days. :shrug:

So... just don't kill me, unless I ask, thanks pris :wink:


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #13018587 -

KetamineKatalyst said:
Prisoner#1 said:
the heart still
pumps for a little while after being popped in the head



This. It's weird to pull out the body parts and see'n'feel em still twitching.

If I'm dead, feel free to fuck, eat, do whatever to my body. I've thought about donating my dead body to some necropheliac organization, so some lucky soul doesn't have to sneak into the mortuary or whatever for a few days. :shrug:

So... just don't kill me, unless I ask, thanks pris :wink:



Necrophiliac organizations exist!? :gameover:

I tell ya, once homosexuals get their way, it'll be the dead fuckers who want the sacred rite of marriage next.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: twighead]
    #13018717 -

Well, I guess it depends on what is meant by 'organization' haha :wink:

There are at least large groups of necrophilia sympathizers, that's more what I meant by organization.


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13018751 -

JackthaTripper said:
...and not be a vegetarian. 


How can you love all animals but kill them at the same time?



:pipesmoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* German inventor's "cat fuel" angers animal lovers lonestar2004 1,590 7 09/14/05 11:18 AM
by Prosgeopax
* Advice Needed. Animal Abuse. Deranged Friend? Sleepless...
( 1 2 all )
absolute zero 5,409 29 07/06/06 10:28 AM
by absolute zero
* vegetarians are killing animals
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
XUL 11,103 82 06/09/05 08:02 AM
by looner2
* Decided to go vegetarian
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
tomk 20,827 221 05/22/05 03:09 PM
by Delyrium
* Vegetarianism?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 7,502 65 02/25/04 07:57 AM
by shroomsi8
* Thinking about becoming vegetarian....
( 1 2 all )
Thin White Duke 4,797 31 11/28/04 08:40 PM
by Adom
* How to put a vegetarian in their place
( 1 2 3 all )
Brewmaster 4,105 46 12/28/06 04:29 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* vegetarians
( 1 2 3 4 all )
run_rabbit_run 4,518 62 05/25/06 01:12 AM
by eligal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,532 topic views. 9 members, 14 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.