Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Vegetarianism?
    #2351159 - 02/18/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've been thinking about possibly going vegetarian, or at least cutting down my meat consumption but there's a problem: I hate vegetables(well, most of them anyway) and I love meat. Is there any hope for me?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2351167 - 02/18/04 04:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

why do you want to do this?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2351175 - 02/18/04 04:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have the exact same dilemma. The only way I can think of to help myself enjoy cooked vegetables is to make them really flavorful. Also, I'm not suggesting you starve yourself, but anything tastes good when your reallllly hungry.

Edited by EllemyshShade (02/18/04 04:06 PM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2351205 - 02/18/04 04:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Are you sure you hate vegetables or is it just a conditioned reflex? Before I re-became vegetarian (was born vegetarian, and didn't eat meat until I was like 12... then started being vegetarian again around the age of 16), I thought that I hated vegetables. Then I tried a lot of them that I thought I hated, and it turned out they were damn good. Spices, soy, chickpeas, more spices, lentils, beans, nuts, more spices - these are all the friends of the vegetarian... Take up Indian cooking if you want to eat healthy veggie food that tastes damn good as well. Just a thought

Krishna

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: ]
    #2351222 - 02/18/04 04:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
why do you want to do this?

I've been learning about how it takes up more resources to produce meat than to produce crops. This doesn't have anything to do with animal rights or any of that bullshit. I just want to do my part to lower my resource consumption. Besides, I have really unhealthy eating habits, and I eat way too much meat.

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: Krishna]
    #2351549 - 02/18/04 05:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I totally agree with Krishna.  I was worried about the same thing when I decided to go (pesco) veggie, but it's been about 4-5 months now and I don't miss meat at all.  There are plenty of meat substitutes like soy and tofu too, having stuff like that helped me in the beginning.  Going veggie also helped me improve in the kitchen (I could make toast and boil eggs).  I cook my own meals now because my family still eat meat, and it's not the chore I used to think it was.  I got a few recipe books and now there's no shortage of things to try.  I agree on the Indian cooking too, homemade vegetable curry can be very nice. :smile:

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Anonymous

#2351608 - 02/18/04 05:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've been learning about how it takes up more resources to produce meat than to produce crops

I just want to do my part to lower my resource consumption. Besides, I have really unhealthy eating habits, and I eat way too much meat.

if you've got reasons, and they're important enough to you, it shouldn't be a problem to give up meat, or at least cut way back. you just gotta find some non-meat foods that you like to eat. it would be easier if you had access to a kitchen.

Invisibleshroomsi8
Kadiddle Hooper(Iazinguaswinzagshwamomiter)

Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: ]
    #2351644 - 02/18/04 06:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You can meditate on all the life energy you receive by eating your food raw and organic. I have been a raw food vegan for 11 years and it feels great  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineEMERLAD
Stranger
Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: shroomsi8]
    #2352254 - 02/18/04 08:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think meat is really addictive. I didn't eat it for years and years and was a vegan for years and years. Then when I went travelling was put in alot of positions where I would have seemed insulting if I didn't eat it. Once I had the taste I couldn't stop and became a carnivore(only for a while). When I was vegan I never missed it though. I am in the process of stopping eating meat again and it feels really good.

Offlineask
apprentice
Loc: a special place
    #2352282 - 02/18/04 08:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i have not ate any animals in over 5 years. there is all kinds of stuff besides just veggies to eat. there is all kinds of soy stuff, imitation, chicken nuggets, hot dogs,burgers,ground beef. chiken patties. some of it tastes alot like real meat, mainly the hot dogs and burgers. the name brands are Boca, morning star, and a few others i cant remember the names. anything you get from meat, you can get from many other sources.

after not eating meat in so long there is no way i would eat meat again, only way possible would be if i was stuck some place starving to death then servival instincts come into play (survival of the fittest) to stay alive would be the only way. i cant beleive i ate it for so long. i was brought up to think it was ok,just like 95% of the population thinks.people in USA think its fine to eat cows, and people in india think we are nuts, kinda the same way in other countries people eat cats and dogs and US people think thats nuts. if meats so safe to eat, why does it need to be cooked to kill all the germs in it,even after cooked some of it can still kill you. on every menu at a resturant it says its unsafe to eat meat thats not fully cooked. the reason its not safe is because its crammed packed with bacteria. as mad cow desease and othe sickness come from consuming dead animals. some will realize to stop,some wont, maybe its the earth way of killing of some of the more primitive humans and allow the other humans to continue to evolve further?

just a thought

--------------------
without the bitter,the sweet is not as sweet.

wanting is good,actually it might be better than having-

Edited by ask (02/18/04 09:00 PM)

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: EMERLAD]
    #2352330 - 02/18/04 08:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was a vegetarian for a couple of years, for a variety of reasons. I totally relate to what emerlad said. It can be very awkward in certain social situations to turn your nose up at food served to you(like meeting your girlfriends parents for the first time). And bacon just tastes sooo damn good! I still limit the amount of meat that I eat, but I'm hooked on it.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineTrippytroll
Freedumb!!!!

#2352481 - 02/18/04 09:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Im vegan, its not as hard as it seems.
Theres a lot more of those soy fake products available.
search "vegan(or)vegetarian recipes" on google, theres quite a few ways to cover the taste of veggies.
Pasta is a pretty big impact on my diet, if you like pasta, theres hope for you.

Feel free to PM me about whatever :laugh:.
depending on your age, you might want to check out www.peta2.com, although most of the little peta kiddies are nazis, you can pick up a lot of good info on their message boards.

Edited by Trippytroll (02/18/04 09:42 PM)

Offlinedastats
The Truth is Blinding
Loc: B.C.
Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: Trippytroll]
    #2352524 - 02/18/04 09:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you don't eat meat, don't you get little vaginas growing on you?

Southpark joke.

--------------------
Peace all.

Jater

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: ask]
    #2352953 - 02/19/04 12:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Alright dude, I just want to make clear that I'm not cool with people bashing on meat-eaters. It's natural for us to eat meat. It's how the food chain works. The only problem I have with it is the way that we're expending so many resources on the globe and the earth can't continue to sustain our level of consumption for very long as the population continues to grow. I don't even want the whole world to stop eating meat. I just wish that enough people would become vegetarian to cushion the impact we're having on the earth, and it wouldn't be very fair of me to ask other people to do this if I didn't do it myself.

PS: FUCK PETA!!!

--------------------

Offlinedastats
The Truth is Blinding
    #2354064 - 02/19/04 08:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Come to Vancouver, every yuppie in my hood is a veggie. But, more meat fer me. If I eat meat, I try to get frum back home on the farm, my very own pasture fed beef. Free range meat. Or wild meat like elk and moose. I'm not really down with store bought meat. I have been to feed lots and pushed thousands of cattle through auction markets that came frum these place. I feel dsorry for the beef and all the hormones the pump into them. BUt ah well, this is the world we live in a present time.

Oh, and veggies have feeling too.

--------------------
Peace all.

Jater

Offlinedastats
The Truth is Blinding
Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: dastats]
    #2354079 - 02/19/04 09:01 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, i fergot to mention, i think it portabellos, or shittakes or both that contain like 20 grams of protein per mushroom. I could be wrong. I basing that on something I think I heard, but am not 100% on.

--------------------
Peace all.

Jater

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: dastats]
    #2355739 - 02/19/04 04:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Oh, and veggies have feeling too.

That's beside the point. I'm not doing it out of any concern for animals. I'm doing it out of concern for people and the environment in which we live.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2356212 - 02/19/04 06:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, tonight I ate an almost-vegetarian dinner. The only meat was the little bacon bits on the potato skins. Besides that, I had fries and a salad. I think I might be able to get used to this afterall.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2357226 - 02/19/04 11:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Well, tonight I ate an almost-vegetarian dinner. The only meat was the little bacon bits on the potato skins. Besides that, I had fries and a salad. I think I might be able to get used to this afterall.

Bacon is one of the worst meats! :shocked:

Personally I think that meat can be okay when raised the right way, and meat that is raised well is better for the person eating the meat , better for the planet and better for the animal.

However even the Organic cow or chicken still absorbs "natural" pollution, but the less fat the less chemicals, however personally, I only eat eggs, free range eggs  :thumbup: :crazy2:.

And milk is just fucking sick...... 

www.notmilk.comMilks NEVER does a body good,thats a lie

:shake:

But I do know there are people that rasie meat with a higher standard out there, and actually just saw a episode of The Nature of Things the other day about organic ranchers  and farmers and it was really cool :thumbup:

Dairy is just WRONG  :nonono: :thumbdown:

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (02/19/04 11:37 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Vegetarianism? [Re: ask]
    #2357273 - 02/19/04 11:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the reason its not safe is because its crammed packed with bacteria. as mad cow desease and othe sickness come from consuming dead animals. some will realize to stop,some wont, maybe its the earth way of killing of some of the more primitive humans and allow the other humans to continue to evolve further?

Well if we continue down this line of thought we could say the poor people of the world are going to die out cause they are not as evolved??

Who would die with disease outbreaks???, most the first or third world?, whos does right now?? :rolleyes:

We have the infrastructure, to help ourselves better, so to wish for disease  is to wish a quick death to the worlds poor :shake:

While I agree that our food is horrible,  I dont think a bunch of north americans will be dropping off in big numbers anytime soon, the sad thing is that the people who give more respect to the earth, or just dont have the means to trash it, they are the ones that suffer from our way of life.

And alot of them DONT EAT MEAT :smirk: :shocked:

and just cayse you dont eat meat doesnt make you SUCH a HIGHER species , geZZ!, maybe if your brain function was better etc.

Quote:

maybe its the earth way of killing of some of the more primitive humans and allow the other humans to continue to evolve further?

Who really suffers from the noth america WHOLESALE RAPE of the earh, US??, or the worlds poor???

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale