Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
youth and psychedelics
    #1284795 - 02/06/03 09:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you think theres a problem with that? ive read many places that its "harmful for a developing mind" what do you all think?

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: sancho]
    #1284806 - 02/06/03 09:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

based on my experiences yeah, im almost glad I didnt encounter any until I was 18.

I think 16-18yrs + is fine though

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1284807 - 02/06/03 09:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

dunno man, I think that it's probably perfectly safe.. I doubt a study's been done on it before and people just assume that it's dangerous for a developping mind. MY brother ate about 6 pot cookies by accident when he was three, and he's fine.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1284810 - 02/06/03 09:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There is a lot of 'territory', so to speak, when it comes to psychedelics. In my personal opinion, I do really feel it's not good for a young, still developing, mind. It's just to much information.

That's merely opinion. I myslef, waited until I was 18.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Dogomush]
    #1284825 - 02/06/03 09:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

why does a study have to be done, to make something harmful?

"MY brother ate about 6 pot cookies by accident when he was three, and he's fine"

Yes, and theres people who can eat like 100 hits of acid at once...and be fine...and there is others who will definetly not be fine

And besides, how do you know he's fine.....you'll never know what he'd be like if he didn't eat those.

There is way to much information and such that comes with psychedelics. A young mind of 14, is already being flooded with information of all sorts. Sure people could be fine...but why risk it? Besides, you'll get much more out of psychedelics, when approaced at an older age. I myself can't wait to know what it will be like to experience tripping, when I'm say, 30

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1284842 - 02/06/03 09:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I by all means dont think they are phsyically dangerous... I mean I dont think kids should do them just for the fact of the way they change thought patterns... instead of normal kid thoughts they might grow up being paranoid and stay that way ... im sotoned damnit i cant thinkof what I want to say but I know what i want to say... fuckin a hey that rhymed..

ok wha tI mean is instead of growing up to be a normal young adult , their changed thought perception might not be handled all that well, as kids have different ways of dealing with different thoughts then adults do.... they might grow up wishing they hadnt done drugs in their childhood

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1284848 - 02/06/03 09:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think as long as the child has a good, postive guide through the experience it would be great. They should offer psychedelic spiritual counseling in grade school and I bet a lot of kids would turn out better- more "tuned in" you know.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1284870 - 02/06/03 09:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

why you replying to me?

I agree with you

I don't think young people should use psychedelics....it just brings to much, to fast. An undeveloped mind, might not handle it so well. Like you say, they could grow up, and really wish they hadn't of used drugs

--------------------

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1284873 - 02/06/03 09:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"psychedelic spiritual counseling in grade school "

A kid in grade school has no idea about 'spiritual'...a kid in grade school couldn't spell psychedelic, nor understand what it means...

And you think they should be using? A kid in grade school isn't ready for the flood of information psychedelics bring, especially about spirituality or anything else.

--------------------

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1284914 - 02/06/03 10:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why not? Maybe if children were taught about spirituality, or just better ethics and stuff earlier in life it could help them not get caught up "system" and have a better chance of a happier life. By the way, I wouldn't give a little kid any kind of psychedelic anyway. I think its easier for an adult to go back to childhood while tripping, rather than a child trying to be an adult, plenty of time for that when you grow up! ( Actually, little kids seem like they're tripping anyway! )

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (02/06/03 10:10 AM)

Offlinenoth1ng
Stranger
    #1285025 - 02/06/03 10:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I started trippin when i was 14, 2 months before i turned 15. Personally, i have always thought of myself as more "mature" then some people my age. i also think that taking phsycedelics at that age calmed me down and made me think about things more. i remember always getting frusterated prior to taking my first phsycedelic. i also gained a best friend in my older brother because we would trip together every time, before we had no common ground to talk about(i was into sports,he was unto compooters). this probably means nothing, i was just feeling like posting. peace
-

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1285047 - 02/06/03 10:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would advise to any youths taking psychedelics to keep the following in mind:

You must understand that you don't understand anything before you dip into psychedelics.

If you think you've "got it all figured out" then you're in for quite a homework-destroying experience :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (02/06/03 10:40 AM)

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1285206 - 02/06/03 11:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i started taking lsd when i was 15. i did it a lot back then and through the years since. many years later i have no regrets. i'm not saying 15 year olds should have access to or use psychedelics. just saying it hasn't hurt me at all. in fact i consider it a great gift in my life. but no matter what the age, not everyone should take psychedelics.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1285278 - 02/06/03 11:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The common misconception is that a child brain acts as an adults. You could teach a child about spirtuality, but would they understand it? A child could in no way comprehend what is being told to them. Besides, kids should be kids, they don't need to worry about mind expansion till later. There isn't a magic number that when people reach are automatically ready for a mind blowing experience. Some teens will be ready for a spirtual trip while others are way to immature.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Bilge]
    #1285339 - 02/06/03 12:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yes, but that doesn't mean it is that way for every other 15 year old.

Just how some people swear, if you ate an entire sheet of a acid at once...it would fuck you up bad for a long time......whereas other people have...and they are fine

I agree totally with what the person above

--------------------

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
    #1285993 - 02/06/03 03:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i hit the hallucinogens when i was 16 and now i have this feeling that reality is all stupid and shit, im too smart for my own good...i wish i could be dumb again and jst pointlessly live my life, but im too aware to live now

i dont really care though haha

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #1286097 - 02/06/03 04:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"MY brother ate about 6 pot cookies by accident when he was three, and he's fine. "

There's people that have survived falls at terminal velocity, so that must mean it's absolutely fine.

Well, I did them when I was 14 or so, and as much as I think that was a mistake, it was a good thing, as well. Now, I'm 18, and I'm seriously considering no longer consuming weed/mushrooms/alcohol. The shroom world was fun for a good 4 or 5 years, and now I'm ready for the real world, undiluted. There is a certain beauty to the sobre, real world, and being in complete control.

Please, please don't give me that crap about how shrooms make the world "real". I think Morpheus mixed up the blue and red pills...

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #1286157 - 02/06/03 04:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It certainly isn't good, I'm glad I was 18 when I experienced psychedelics.

Nobody knows the complete consequences of significantly altering the neurotransmission in an adult mind, much less an under-developed youths mind. Even if it poses no harm I don't think it would be any good done at a young age, so its probably better to wait.

edit: Waite, that last paragraph didnt make much sence! Replaced it w/ this.

Edited by TeKHeAD009 (02/06/03 06:07 PM)

Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1288034 - 02/07/03 07:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I did LSD twice at 14 years old, and then after a long time of not being able to get anything I started doing mushrooms and acid more frequently around middle 15. I am very glad I did them then. They certainly tought me MANY very valuable lessons, ones which I am very glad to have learned at a young age rather than, say, 25 years old or more. I have a different outlook on life than many of the people in my school. I never found it to be an information overload, and I'm very glad I used psychedelics at a young age.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1292575 - 02/09/03 05:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Im not going to offer my opinion on the issue, but rather my experience. I am 17, and am considered a tripper i suppose. People constantly seek information and advice from me because they know i know how to trip...im often asked to be a guide, or just to enlighten others so they can maximize their fungus's potential rather than going to a party and getting fucked up. I almost exclusively trip alone, generally in a controlled environment, and pay extreme detail to set and setting, blah blah blah. I believe that mushrooms have offered me an wealthy of knowledge that most people twice my age have not been fortunate enough to have found yet, It very well may have played a large influence in changing my life from "far better than average" to "even more so".... Mushrooms have given me the ability to see things without bia'ses*sp?* Ive cut connections which should have been cut long ago because of it, They helped recover from an extreme case of *love kicked my ass* which had me in bad condition for 5 or more months, Theyve got me focused on What im doing here and now, and what my future goals are...and what i can do about assuring they happen. The fungus helped me figure out my true priorities. By no means did they change who or what i am, rather they helped me solidify my developing belief and understanding within the world i live. I also experience Hppd, see a thread below about that, im unsure if this is a consequence of mushrooms or not, but it is of no bother to me. Having said that, i believe it is very important to point out that i was exposed to a very diverse and unconventional upbringing, and was mature beyond belief at a very young age where i understood things differently than the rest of the world. Im also a "alternative youth" i associate with very few, and the ones i do are generally...not normal..but within my crowd, who have had similar circumstances to myself throughout life, mushrooms are generally handled better and more responsibly than by the typical highschool crowd, and i believe that this crowd gets alot more, or perhaps does less damage to their "developing minds" than the rest. This is simply observation, i dont dare say that mushrooms are damaging to youth, but i believe in general young people do more damage than good with mushrooms through simply abuse/misuse/carelessness. Responsibility level is the determining factor. My appologies for going into such length.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Loc: overTHErainbow, BC
    #1293183 - 02/09/03 09:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I am 15 y.old Im turnin 16 in a bit...and Im glad Ive done the drugs ive done, and do. I know wehat they're like, and I have had the most enjoyable childhood ever. I have learned alot...I think I'm different from other kids, just because I've experienced things that their mind coulden't amagine. I havnt done acid since the summer....oh man that summer was great..acid every weekend. I havn't one mushrooms for about 3-4 months...I had 5 of the most fearful experiences ever, But I'm glad I know what its like, and how to control.

I've learned my limits, as a youth, so I don't do bad stupid shit when I'm older, and have access to many more drugs. I have experimented with lsd, mush, coke, e.....and love weed. I'm glad I know my shiit. And it makes me feel better that my freinds come to me for their drug questions...i like to help, and telol people about my expereinces and what they should avoid.

It has, of course taken a slight toll on my body, I've developed anxiety, and almost always have a bad trip on mush..But that will change this friday when i can dip into some nice azures (hehe valentines day fun!)..I've read mckenna, and the tibetan book of death and dieing, I feel i'm ready to trip again.

Peace All

--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

Anonymous

#1293202 - 02/09/03 09:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Flood of information? Most people I know who are of age and have done psychedelics and dont talk about any 'flood of information'.

Experiences are subjective, some people can handle them and some can't. Same applies to younger people, only I'd wager there'd be more that couldnt handle it and more that had adverse reactions.

I'd never give a dose to someone under 14, probably no one under 16.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: ]
    #1293287 - 02/09/03 09:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, you obviously don't know the 'real deal' behind psychedelics...if you don't agree your brain gets flooded with information. Pyschedelics are tool. Nothing more

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: ]
    #1293489 - 02/09/03 11:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes. I didnt think it was possible to have a psychadelic experience without being overwhelmed by a flood of information. Its stimuli overload, your mind at its best, solving the mysteries of life. Words cannot describe what is learned, but you come out knowing so much more than highschool taught you.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: PDU]
    #1293543 - 02/09/03 11:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ive learned that I shouldent take life for granted, and live it to the fullest, because I could die anyday, and that means pack your days full of fun and enjoyment because ANYTHING can happen.
I also think that we are gods experiment, and we are just like lab rats, and god is experimenting with us, to see what we do wrong, so one day he can create a perfect world.

peace.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #1293575 - 02/09/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting theories, its fascinating how we all come up with such possibly far fetched beliefs, i love contrasting them.
Ive also learned to live life to the fullest, one of the most important things i learned however, was to not waste my time on things and people that arnt worth it, got my priorities in life figured out. It also seems a trip every 3 months or so will keep me in tune with the true beauty of my surroundings, which is definately a plus. But thats just the tip of the iceberg..

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1293972 - 02/09/03 03:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Things like this get me angry.

What, do you think once you turn 18 (not just the person I am replying to, but to the people who said youths should not use psychedelics) all of a sudden your mind opens up and you know enough to take them? No. I might only be 15, but I am sure I have done more research on all the drugs I have done, and many that I have not done, then many overage users on this very topic.

I can tell you I was more prepared for my first trip then I ever was for anything in my entire life, the whole thing was pretty much "ok that happened... oh and now that is happening" not to say I didn't learn anything, no matter how much you research, you don't KNOW what it is like until you do it, it was more of a "so that?s what that looks like..." type thing, I am a much better person because of psychedelics as well.

I used to be scared to go places with my parents, I mean its no [I]COOL[/I] to go places with you parents, but now, after my trips, I don't give a fuck. I realized, WHO CARES?

But then again, I don't think I am the average high schooler, I don't take drugs to "get fucked up man!!" like most high schoolers, but then again, ANYONE who takes drugs for that reason, underage or not, is asking for trouble.

I will agree many people my age are not ready for psychedelics, but only because they are not mature enough, there are a lot of people over 18 who are to immature for psychedelics as well. Hell, I don't think my own 41-year-old mom is mature enough to take them! (not that she would anyway, or maybe its lack of drugs that make her so anal ^_^)

I am sure, eventually she will be, I think psychedelics are meant for everyone on this earth to enjoy and learn from. To say that there is a set age for when they are ok to use and when they are not is insane, everyone will come to a time in their life when they are mature enough to take them, and that time will be different for everyone. For some people its 12, for some its 57, everyone is different. If I tripped at age 13 it might have gone bad for me, but at age 15, I KNOW in my heart that I was mature enough to trip, I made the decision to, and I am better for it.

Please, stop treating underage people like less of a person. We all have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and drugs are one way I peruse happiness, who are you to say its not "ok" for me to do so?

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Sombie]
    #1294504 - 02/09/03 06:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"I realized, WHO CARES?"

heheheh that's a very memorable statement :smile: Psychedelics certainly help people realize that.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #1295278 - 02/10/03 03:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

ah the famous defensive 15 year old :wink:

Whether you like it or not...their ARE drawbacks to being young.  Your brain is still developing.  Your body is basically 'getting your shit together', that will be used for the rest of your life.

I don't think taking psychedelics necessarily help that process(maybe sometimes it does for some people, and maybe sometimes it doesn't...why risk it?).

I know I didn't say their was a set age.  And I also didn't say anything about 'being ready'.  Sure, you were really ready to take a psychedelic.  You did all your research, etc.  That does not change the fact that....you are still growing...your brain isn't even 'in tact' yet, so to to speak.  Would you give 4 hits of lsd to a 7 year old?  Why not?  It's the same thing as giving you lsd, compared to a 30 year old.  As much as you don't agree with it...it's true.

I'm not saying "don't take psychedelics when your young...that's bad!!"....I'm just saying...it probably doesn't help your brain, when your 15(for example), to take psychedelics.  I guess it's all opinion from both of us, because we will never know otherwise.  Not a lot of research can be done when things are illegal.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1296005 - 02/10/03 08:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think psychadelics can work both ways, in aid of a developing brain, or against. Most commonly against. I think a young persons intentions, and what they are looking to get from them are the key factors. If responsible, and if ingesting psychadelics for the right reason i do believe that psychadelics can help give the enlightenment to a young person that only age and life experience can grant otherwise.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1296026 - 02/10/03 08:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sombie, I agree with you to an extent but try to understand this. There IS a defining "moment of clarity", if you will, when you pass the "magical milestone" of 18 and again at 21. It's a dawning of new responsibility. It's understanding that you and you alone will have to answer for your actions. You may think you understand it now but you don't and you won't until the day it is true for you. The fact is, if you fuck up now, your parents share a good deal of the responsibility for that. For example, let's say you get busted with/on some drug at school (not saying you would). It is up to your parents to fix the consequences (expulsion?). Now, in college (adult school so to speak) you fuck up then it's all on you buddy. Your out YOUR tuition for example. Trust me, you'll understand when you hit 18/21. Being under 18 gives you the right to be a smartassed hooligan (enjoy it). After 18 you gotta grow up because you will get your ass whipped. I can't believe how much teens irritate the piss out of me now. I thought when I was that age that I would never feel this way. Every time a teen jumps out in front of me in his car that daddy bought, squealing tires, I get pissed despite the fact I did this plenty of times when I was his age. The reality is I'm some sort of weird jealous over that sense of invulnerability and apathy. It's only weird because I'm also very glad that I've matured and am much wiser now. Rant Rant Rant, just wait, you'll understand one day. I still agree that you SHOULD live life to the fullest and if you think you are ready for psychedelics don't let anybody tell you that you aren't. You DON'T know if tomorrow is your last day, in fact, I live every day as if it were..

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: noth1ng]
    #1296402 - 02/10/03 10:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I started trippin when i was 14, 2 months before i turned 15. Personally, i have always thought of myself as more "mature" then some people my age. i also think that taking phsycedelics at that age calmed me down and made me think about things more. i remember always getting frusterated prior to taking my first phsycedelic. i also gained a best friend in my older brother because we would trip together every time, before we had no common ground to talk about(i was into sports,he was unto compooters). this probably means nothing, i was just feeling like posting. peace
-

About the same as when I was 14....prior to I was breaking into houses and buisness, getting busted for all kinds of crap....between the LSD and a series of books by harry harrison I determined that if I wish to take over the world I would have to mellow out a little.....LSD was and still shaping my life....for the better

P#1

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#1298010 - 02/10/03 08:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

mon Im 15 and I started tripping on mush 14.I dont thing they do brain damage or shit, theyre all good :smile:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: T0aD]
    #1298914 - 02/11/03 06:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

as long as we practice moderation, that is..

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Strumpling]
    #1299208 - 02/11/03 07:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

just as the bible said....All things in moderation...

P#1

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1299531 - 02/11/03 09:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

moderation is key...never EVER over-do it

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1299779 - 02/11/03 10:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yeah that bible's a pretty nice read, aside from all the GOD talk

--------------------

Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Strumpling]
    #1299883 - 02/11/03 10:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hehehe      :laugh:

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1301192 - 02/12/03 12:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

dr albert hofmann thinnks that psychedelics are best utilized by middle-aged & older folks... sorta help 'em (ok, us...) break out of the canalized thought patterns that develop after 5 decades of being human...
young folks (teeners, 20somethings, even 30somethings) are still in fluxish maelstroms of developing body/mind/spirit packages, still "plastic" as it were...
what's your hurry? if you want to make it intact to your 7th or 8th decade, you might want to consider pacing yourself, like a fine racehorse (or you may end up pissing yourself, like a candidate for the glue factory, hehheh...)
~
as for me, well... i dinna toke until freshman yr of university, and dinna drop until soph... and looking back, almost sorta wish i'd waited... but one lives with the results of one's decisions, willynilly, eh?
~
on a related literary note: so, has anybody read huxley's final novel _island_ ?
on pala, children are trained to think & question, and practice meditation & physical training... as part of their ummmm graduation exercises, young people climb a mountain to a shavite temple, where they are given the moksha medicine & meditate in front of an image of shiva nataranja, who beats out that cosmic rhythm on a drum, holding up a handful of cleansing fire, pointing to his foot which is poised upon the ugly dwarf of ignorance, and making the sacred mudra signifying "fear not" - sounds like an intersting way to introduce a group of kids to their first trip...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: gnrm23]
    #1302981 - 02/12/03 02:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If you had the chance to buy 3 hits of lsd for 10 bucks, or an ounce of mushrooms for 60 (let alone growing them, thats easy enough) im sure you would do it. There's so much mystery and rumours surrounding phsycadelics at my age, I must squash all the shit, and know for myself...

If you had that chance YOU woul take it

peace.

--------------------

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: youth and psychedelics *DELETED* [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #1303234 - 02/12/03 03:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineAbFab
me

Loc: Here
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: poke smot!]
    #1303779 - 02/12/03 08:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i am 19 and i just recently started experimenting with shrooms. i am really glad that i waited until this period in my life to try them. some of the things that people in this thread are saying that they discovered due to shrooms, i discovered on my own just through experience and self realization. i think that at in your early teens there isn't always a clear sense of self (i am not saying for everyone, but for most). i think that it is best to know yourself and to learn to find certain degrees of spirituality and thought on your own before turning to drugs to help you search for it. once you have achieved that on your own, shrooms and what have you can take you to infinite heights. then again, that may be just me.

--------------------
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when your uncool.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: AbFab]
    #1304937 - 02/13/03 06:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Im 18 and have done Shrooms a few times in the last year. At the age of 14 I began to smoke up occasionally. Since about the age of 16 I toke daily. My friends have all done similar drug-carriers, but despite this I find we have been effected rather differently.
One friend , who is two years younger is a real pot-head , who only thinks about wether he has still got enough ganja for the day or not. If he hears a related word he?s happy, and he could talk about the "art of weeding" for hours. Mentally he is a reck! It?s all he does, and all he thinks about. Having a conversation is very hard, cause he doesn?t have hobbies other than dope and hiphop. - No sports, No Girl-friend... He also repeats the same questions frequently due to having forgotten , that he has already asked!
My other best-friend is not as much addicted to drugs as the other, but far more receptive for mind-shifting substances:From 4- 4 Gr. of Maz he had cat-eyes for 1 and a half months! :smile: (No joke!) He has only taken shrooms once in his life, but has been experiencing what I analyzed as strange intermission of his brain. Sometimes , when he is talking to you, he begins to stare at you with large eyes.He then interrupts his sentance draws back his head into his neck, and stays in this gazing position for 3 secs or so, only to come back to normal and to finish of his sentance, as if nothing has happened!
I myself am now always paranoid to cracking up myself. Due to this I regularly ask non-drugging friends if I am. They always state , that Im still quite well in shape (mentally speaking).
My conclusion is therefore:
It depends on the person. One tip is defenately to not focus too much on drugging , as this shifts drugs from being the path to being the goal in life.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Offlineeleutheromania
Hitch Hiker ofthe Galaxy

#1306957 - 02/14/03 01:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wow... I'll admit I haven't read everyone's post in this thread so forgive me if I state something that has already been said too many times.

This question has been going through my head for a quite a while now...

I could really relate to what PDU said.
I'd like to also give my experiences and story instead of a simple answer, so be warned this could go on for a bit.

I Turned 16 last september 11. I've always been a pretty open minded person, I meditate, play my didge, go to high school. etc...

The closest thing that I practice to religion, apart from martial arts, is probably something close to buddhism.
Anyway getting on with it, I could go on all day but I'll spare you.
I first smoked weed when I was about late 14 or early 15...can't remember  :smirk: and the more I delved into the drug scene the more I wanted to know, in a purely informational way I mean, like reading through erowid/lycaeum and such. Up until about 3 months ago I hadn't tried any other drugs, apart from alcohol. It was at this time my older brother who is a big role model for me, Introduced me to E, and the raving scene.

Him, I and a few of my friends went to an amazing rave set in a castle. It was the most amazing eye opener for me, I had just started getting into electronic music a few previous months before, the good stuff; KRAFTWERK, the future sound of london, plus more mainstream yet good stuff like bexta etc. My friends all had a great time, but I did'nt devote all of my time to just dancing, oh no. I met too many people to remember, and they were all understanding and on my same level, it was amazing because I could really figure out what had been going through my head lately.

I felt great the next day, not one bit of a hangover, and from then on I've seen life in a new light.

I haven't taken any more E's since then.

One of the many entheogens I noticed information on and looked further into, was mushrooms.
I've been researching all I could about pretty much all aspects of both cultivation and uses/experiences.

Now heres where it gets moderately interesting, so hold on.  :grin:
Once I felt I had enough knowledge to do some microscopic experiments, I did'nt have enough time, because I had recently applied to go on a year long exchange to Japan, and this has always been a dream of mine, since I can remember. So in about two weeks from now I'm leaving to do so.

I beleive that whatever it is (and sorry to get philisophical on you guys) that MAY govern something to do with this planet, or it's inhabitants. wether it be a god, or a super intelligent shade of the colour blue, has ordaned that now is not a good time for me to be experimenting with such powerfull forces just yet. This is fine for me because (1): if anything it will mean I will have to do with researching more for now, which is good because I won't be able to jump into cultivation (hypothetically) without having a great knowledge of all aspects. And I think that perhaps I'm also not meant to experierence such things mentally just for now, because as level headed, mature and quasi-enlightened I may see myself, I obviously have more to learn.

One thing I think I must resolve is my relationship with my current girlfriend of 7 months, technically my first g/f, and literally my first, so I feel alot for this girl.

I realise that I'm not really supposed to know what love is, since I'm so young, age wise. I've read from other peoples experiences on this trip to Japan, and they agree that dumping your g/f or b/f before you go, and I can understand why that would have it's advatages. Not because I could get a new one over there, I'm not like that, but atleast there won't be any confusion or mixed feelings between us.

If anyone has read all of this I'll be suprised, I hope it was'nt too 'me, me, me', I had to cut out a whole lot and this has taken me a couple hours to get an extremely vauge description of my point, while still trying to stay on topic.

To those of you who did read it, any feed back would be great.

Anyway it's 2:00 and I can't really say much more, goodnight, and please don't dislike me for the really long post, at the very least, you may know a little bit more of where I'm coming from and who this guy with the really long odd name is anyway  :smirk: 

EDIT: spelling error  :tongue:

--------------------
I rose up towards the ceiling, rolled over, and looked down on my body, lying there in peaceful repose. I thought to myself, "Damn, too much".

Edited by eleutheromania (02/14/03 01:12 AM)

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #1306991 - 02/14/03 01:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

well i am 16 and will be turning 17 in three months.
i started smoking weed when i just turned 15.
the only drugs ive done are marijuana, and then salvia a couple of weeks ago :smile:

if you're intentions are good then the use of psychedelics are great.
most kids my age use "drugs" to get "fucked up".
i use them to learn about myself and to expand my thinking and creativity.

psychedelics have taught me two very important things:

- EVERYONE is searching for a place to fit in and a meaning to their life, some people find that place , some people go on their whole lives searching for it.

- EVERYONE needs love. (we had a bombing in a building of ours that killed sooo many people and i was pissed off at the guy for killing all those people. then i realized the sad thing is why he did it. nobody was showing him love so in a desperate cry for attention he bombed a building and killed everyone. maybe if we (not all of us) would get out of our self-centered worlds and reach out to someone then none of this stuff would happen.

learning what i feel is valuable information like that at a young age is going to help me later on in my life.

i am planning on tripping shrooms and cant wait to see what i learn.
ill let you know how it goes  :cool:

PeaCE :grin: 

Offlineeleutheromania
Hitch Hiker ofthe Galaxy

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1308288 - 02/14/03 01:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

most kids my age use "drugs" to get "fucked up".

I'm in the same posistion, :smirk: My closest friends I think are more starting to use entheogens to get something deeper out of it. But I know so many people at school and such that would just abuse amazing gifts like mushrooms to 'trip balls' while chugging down beer and running around trying to be like those guys out of CKY. -_-* 

--------------------
I rose up towards the ceiling, rolled over, and looked down on my body, lying there in peaceful repose. I thought to myself, "Damn, too much".

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: eleutheromania]
    #1308304 - 02/14/03 01:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I started hallucinogens when i was only 16, but i do think that is a little young for most people, but i felt that it was a good age for me because i was very responsible and very happy with who I was, most teenagers have insecurity issues from what i have encountered.

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#1309497 - 02/15/03 07:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

At 15 years old i started to expand my mind with phycedelics. still at a young age i feel alot more open to everything. i found my self listeing to diffrrent music, reading diffrent subjects, looking at everyhtin just so much diffrently...and i think its only turned out for the better. i gained respect , confidence, happieness, and more of an understanding of what i and everyoen else. i belive its fine at a young age, as long as your not doing them "to be cool".

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1309520 - 02/15/03 07:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

eye think usage at an early age can be uncertain and sometimes dangerous, of course it depends on the individual. But even in college eye've met people who had their first experiences with phsychedelics and turned out to be a bad memory for them. People who are open-minded and are willing to accept the yet unknown and unexplainable mysteries of the world are those who can handle a life changing and life enhancing experience with phsychedelics. Eye am reminded of a time that a college friend of soochi's asked if it were possible to grow mushrooms that didn't give him a bad trip, of course eye laughed hysterically inside, but he carefully explained to him that the enjoyment of the trip was all in his mind.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: soochi]
    #1312134 - 02/16/03 02:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

People who are open-minded and are willing to accept the yet unknown and unexplainable mysteries of the world are those who can handle a life changing and life enhancing experience with phsychedelics.

Bang on! People come to this place at different ages. That is the determining factor in my mind. I suppose this comes with maturity.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1312141 - 02/16/03 02:33 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ah the famous defensive 15 year old :wink:

Whether you like it or not...their ARE drawbacks to being young.  Your brain is still developing.  Your body is basically 'getting your shit together', that will be used for the rest of your life.

I don't think taking psychedelics necessarily help that process(maybe sometimes it does for some people, and maybe sometimes it doesn't...why risk it?).

I know I didn't say their was a set age.  And I also didn't say anything about 'being ready'.  Sure, you were really ready to take a psychedelic.  You did all your research, etc.  That does not change the fact that....you are still growing...your brain isn't even 'in tact' yet, so to to speak.  Would you give 4 hits of lsd to a 7 year old?  Why not?  It's the same thing as giving you lsd, compared to a 30 year old.  As much as you don't agree with it...it's true.

I'm not saying "don't take psychedelics when your young...that's bad!!"....I'm just saying...it probably doesn't help your brain, when your 15(for example), to take psychedelics.  I guess it's all opinion from both of us, because we will never know otherwise.  Not a lot of research can be done when things are illegal. 

Thats a moot argument.

There isnt much known about the adult brain either. And people take the research chemicals, where there is hardly NO research done, on any brain, and people here dont scold them.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #1312343 - 02/16/03 04:40 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

and people here dont scold them. 

Who said anything about scolding...getting defensive again :wink: j/j

Whether you agree or not, this is all opinion anyway, I think that a 'youth's' brain is still developing and taking psychedelics might not necessarily be good for it.

--------------------

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

#1312419 - 02/16/03 05:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I see the point being made here, but here's my 2 cents...

How can you say, with any accuracy, if psychedelics are "good for your brain" no matter who you are?
Not a whole lot is known about psychedelics, so its kind of a big crap shoot anyway.
If you get something you can use or enjoy from psychedelics, and feel that outways any possible negative effects, then go ahead and take them. Age is totally irrelevant.

Besides, think about how much worse ritalin is for developing brains.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#1312699 - 02/16/03 07:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thats a moot argument.

There isnt much known about the adult brain either. And people take the research chemicals, where there is hardly NO research done, on any brain, and people here dont scold them.

But you sure moust admit , that your brain is most likely still in an evolving phase , when you are younger , than when you are older.
Besides: Studies on dope have shown , that it influences your short-term memory a lot more than your long-term memory (I hope its called that way in english).
Thus , when studying you miss out on a hell lot , cause it gets decepted from your short-term memory, and then gets lost in the world of psychadelics.
I know drawing a conclusion from Cannabis to Shrooms is questionable, but I think we can agree on that both influence the neurons, and therefore may be considered similar to a certain extent.

--------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1312714 - 02/16/03 07:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think it might be time to sum up this thread:
So , I think it clearly came out how difficult this topic is , as we do not have a lot of scientific material on which to draw any solid conclusions from. Therefore I suggest, that everyone who does psychadelics is aware of the potential dangers it might cause, and should see for himself if he still draws a gain from shrooming. (In whatever kind of way)
As this is however always very difficult to estimate by oneself, I do stress that talking to other people about your state of mind occasionally, to see if your not cracked up, helps me a lot. It can be very self-reassuring and makes you more confident towards trips, thus making them more pleasant.

--------------------

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: debianlinux]
    #3112195 - 09/09/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Off topic but...
Quote:

debianlinux said:
You DON'T know if tomorrow is your last day, in fact, I live every day as if it were.. 

I hate this bullshit statement... I Know if I lived my day like it were my last, my ass would be in jail for life.
Your telling me if tomorrow you knew you were going to die you wouldn't do some fucked up shit today? Liar.
Sorry for my rant and no disrespect intended  :smile:

--------------------
Now go Home.

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

#3112203 - 09/09/04 02:54 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

chinacat72 did acid when he was 13

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: liveby]
    #3112712 - 09/09/04 08:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

there comes a time in all our lives we have to deal with strong emotional feelings...I don't think it will hurt a developing mind but I think the older u get hte more you can appreciate it

ps trippin balls as I post this some really good acid up here in canada right now :laugh:

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3112728 - 09/09/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I waited until I was 20 to do LSD, and I took shrooms the first time three months after I turned 19. (I will only be 21 in a month)

I think there is a problem with younger people taking hallucinogenic drugs partly because you _have_ to know yourself. There can't be any gray areas in your morals or ethics or LSD/mushrooms could really take you for a life-defining ride.

You can't approach these type of drugs with an immature attitude, and a lot of people do. Sure, mushrooms can be used as a recreational activity with a group if you're taking smaller doses, but even then it is usually a group of people who feel good about themselves, and aren't subconcious about whether they are fitting in, someone likes their shoes, whether they are acting right, etc. Teenagers are definately not stable people.

I know now, as I'm approaching my early twenties that I am in store for a lot of eye openers as I age. Between the age of 16 to 20, I have realized that I'm not as smart as I have always thought, I have matured mentally and realized beauty in more things, things that I would have probably vandalized or not even acknowledged appreciation for four years ago. I have respect for a lot of things now that I like, and/or other people partake in. I realize that if we ever stop learning, life becomes pointless. We are here to learn, but this becomes increasingly easy once you have matured past a point and have _completely_ defined yourself, rather than just your physical appearance.

I just find that most people I know who are 16 or under are far to immature in my opinion to handle a full blown psychedelic experience, let alone respect it.

I do admit though, in my short life of 20 years I have met some exceedingly mature 16 year olds, but this is probably due to having to be the parent in their household, or liberal but responsibility-driven parents.

IMHO _no one_ under the age of 16 should partake in the use of strong hallucinogens due to the high chance that they don't even really know who they are at this point in life. It has too high of a chance to impact how they think and interpret things they see at that age.

Someone already said they can't wait to see how they will be when they are 30+ on a hallucinogen. I second this, I picture myself laid back, questioning everything I see, still trying to inform myself on many subjects I find interesting, and more understanding of other people's conquests to quench their interests.

Anyway, this is just my two cents. I hope someone finds it insightful, and no one is offended.
- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Silven]
    #3117091 - 09/10/04 01:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, I have to admit this kind of pisses me off.  I am 18, almost 19 and I started tripping when I was 15.  I was more than ready.  Of all people, my fellow enlightened minds, you need to realize that some people have a path that has already been set.  I'm just following my path, and I don't give a shit how old I am. 

The "trippers" in our society all have minds that have been naturally stuctured to use psychedelics to their advantage, and thats all their is to it.  As juice said - they are a tool, and nothing more.  I as well thing I am more mature than normal for my age, and this is pure speculation but I can only assume it has come from all the psychedelic useage. 

I'm just a bit drunk at the current moment anyway so I hope this makes sense....

Good day to yall and happy trippin  :mushroom2:  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3118161 - 09/10/04 11:09 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This thread needs an asshole!
And, by God, I WILL FILL THAT VOID! I WILL BE THAT ASSHOLE! :evil:

19/20 people on this site haven't got a flying clue about how intense Psychedelics really are. Psychedelics are literally like icebergs: the overwhelming bulk of it lies perfectly hidden.

You may pop a single shroom-stem your first time around, munch it down with cola and laugh your ass off watching the Ninja Turtles pull their antics with a mild giggly feeling like you had one beer..
You have taken the Red Pill for life. You will never be the same again

In scifi you got black holes. When you fly your lil spaceship you suddenly feel a tiny bump. So? Aren't those Turtleboys funny? They sure are, but you just passed the Schwartzschild Radius, the Point of No Return. No matter how you spent that time and whether you trip later on or not: Things are set in motion, you took the Red Pill and that is that.
No matter how mild or silly your trip is: you won't be the same.
Ever.

If you pursue the Art of Tripping and trip every x months or so you may never be aware of it but two important things happen.
1..you activate your unresolved/repressed material.
2..your life takes direction to face you with these challenges.

If I make somebody insecure with this they better damn well feel insecure because major psychedelics stand apart from any other psychoactive drug.

Many people take big doses of mushrooms and feel well. If they take half of that they feel less well then they would feel when sober.
How come?

Because they flee the true psychedelic effects by taking so much that they are skyflying so strongly that those tiny nagging feelings of low doses are all obliterated, bypassed and not dealt with. At a low dose you see that it sucks and you see it is you who does the sucking and that you should work at your psychedelic growth rather then throw blotter-acid confetti at it.
For many middle-aged trippers it is still partytime like they were teens because they became masters of avoidance.

half a gram of mushrooms usually isnt very 'trippy'
but it is always highly psychedelic for months to come

If you don't see the difference you should quit shrooming until you figure it out.
'trippy' is a drug effect. 'psychedelic' is your 24/7 life between sessions.

The natural rhythm of tripping is that there are series of "bad" (=hard) trips and series of good trips. Growth goes in spurts and that includes times that it hurts.
Growth is becoming who you are and it is never staying who you were.
Toil and suffering people, and a willingness to suffer in bitter agony to reach higher ground. I just been through such a period. There will be another and it will be harder and I welcome it.

I have taken 12 grams when I was not yet a Man but I now take 0.5-1gr and get more out of it then 9/10 skyfliers do who sometimes munch their towering doses of shrooms at the mall.

Well, that was rant, now as for reason:
You won't be the same again, ever, once you tripped. You need much preparation because you have to aquire the self-respectful mentality needed to be able to truely choose for the Red Pill.

Ayahuasca Churches sometimes use the age of 14 as a measure of when some are old enough to imbide. Perhaps this is so, but a kid has a developing brain and psychology. This kid will develop into an adult who has taken the Red Pill. Even a simple mushroom stem with only modest or slight effects will change somebody's entire life.
This can be for the better or for the worse.

Personally I would say become a true adult first, regardless of age, before you imbide, and use the time before that to educate yourself.

A true adult knows what he/she lives for and is prepared to suffer direly to become who they are.
It's what makes you respected as a "Warrior" in Tribal cultures and what gets you treated like shit in Western culture.. eeehmm.. behind your back :wink:

A fourteen-year-old can be a Warrior by the self-trained strength of his Spirit but many middle-aged people have not even had the notion of that strength in their entire life.
Both are equally valuable but in Spirit the Warrior is best suited for mushrooms as judged by wisdom and the willingness to endure hardships to reach a higher goal.
As it takes both Wisdom and Gonads I would say between 20-50 years old might be best to start for most.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Asante]
    #3119001 - 09/10/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Even a simple mushroom stem with only modest or slight effects will change somebody's entire life.

I'm sorry but that is total complete bullshit.  So you're saying that no matter WHO it is, even the SLIGHTEST trip will change them forever? That just isnt true.  I know way way way too many people who have tripped once or twice and they were like "Yeah... I was so fucked up... it was good fun but im done with it"

Are you kidding yourself man?  Sorry, but not EVERYONE in the world is like us.  Take a look at my signature.  I made that sig after my first ever trip, like 4 years ago.  My friends were all just talking about how messed they were, but to me it was something much, much, much more.  I could see something divine... and I knew I had found my path.  When the trip ended, I knew my journey had only begun.  Clever eh?  :grin:

Anyway, Wiccan Seeker that was a good post but it's just not entirely true.  You sound a bit like Timothy Leary...

And I stick by what I said.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with youth using psychedelics.  If anything, the shroomery community should be happy about this.  The future trippers have to start sometime right?  So whats wrong with getting a headstart?  I wouldn't take back shit if I could go back 4 years.  I would have tripped more.  :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: the free thinker]
    #3119454 - 09/10/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I'm sorry but that is total complete bullshit. So you're saying that no matter WHO it is, even the SLIGHTEST trip will change them forever? That just isnt true. I know way way way too many people who have tripped once or twice and they were like "Yeah... I was so fucked up... it was good fun but im done with it"

Are you kidding yourself man?

Alas you didnt see my point. With "changed" I mean their psychological constellation gets a sharp tug into another direction then before and even a slight trip with no interesting or even entertainment value will do that.. just like one snort of cocaine initiates changes in your brain that are lasting.

Once 4-HO-DMT gets in your brain to an extent that it is active you might not have tripped but you have been psychedelicized in your life. This awakens things within you that last. Theres no lab proof but I hear the music. Most trippers get slight sensory disturbances every so often if they keep tripping. It might be a shimmer once in a blue moon or it might be lifelong fullblown hallucinations as in severe HPPD. So that means repeated exposures can cause lifelong changes. And since no brain damage is established as of yet, it likely means that mushrooms, one slight dose, give a change that will not be reversed.

Not for the better, not for the worse, any or none. A neutral subtle change that will influence your psychology, not necessarily braindamage but perhaps opening up new combinations of brain use that did not actively exist before: perhaps like how your first swimming lesson will give you a bit of "swimming conscousness" that will not wear off for life.

I also didnt say young people shouldnt trip but that it is likely that most should not trip. That the most important factor is True Adultness. (independant of bodily age)

Many who jump in the waters of Lysergia lake learn to swim or flee it with no harm done. But next to nobody is introduced to psychedelics in the proper way.

Me neither, but can you name anybody you personally know who studied psychedelics to the ROOT for over five years without imbiding, when they were just a phonecall away.

Most kids start on mushrooms and LSD to get fucked up. Deliberately using a substance they think will harm their brain just to laugh harder at the TV set, because sundays suck. Crack? Party drug! Swallow five hits of unknown strength blotter with booze and an ecstasy tablet. 99% of cannabis users *smoke* their weed for the quick cancer fix instead of eating it; they poison themselves with smoke. Using more drugs in a night then i do in a year.

Research chemical? So what its a paint ingredient! Lets drink some and get it in Schedule I !
Higher, higher because life sucks major ass man!

Thats what you see all the time. Next to nobody is looking for a Path, though some might find it. But once they take that mushroom, or that LSD, they are changed. It cost me years to discover that and then years to accept it. If you feel your first hit (or if its active) the switch is flipped, and you have swam the lake of Lysergia, even if you merely stuck a toe in it to check the temperature.

In some things Timothy Leary was a fool. Just one of his stunts was ordering 100 grams of pure LSD, at that time 5 million tabs of Delysid 25 mcg, and ordering 15kg of Psilocybin, at the time 7.5 million tabs Indocybin 2mg, both together the equivalent of twenty-five metric tons of fresh mushrooms which were grown in subkilo batches and all this in an unusual shady transaction he could not pay nor show the required licenses for, from one of the most respected establishment-pharmaceutical companies of the world, while current theory said that LSD made you psychotic for a few hours. This is one of the moves which got our beloved compounds scheduled and the genuine research nuked so early.

But in other things Timothy Leary was very right: that it held unbelievable promise to change the people and the world and that Set and Setting were of utmost importance.

Today the Set is "slapping that brain-bitch silly" unprepared and unguided and without any expectations but destructive recreation.
The Setting is six grams of mushrooms for your first trip (may contain 75mg psilocybin = 5-10 full psychoanalytic therapeutic doses or 38 Sandoz-pills when Psilocybin was stil a research pharmaceutical) taken at the MALL with friends you never had a conversations with that approached the dept of Donnatello and Raphael arguing over a pizza.
You should try that in a Tribe..

Most turn out OK and some get on the Path to their higher self while others get vietnam-veteran crazies (PTSD) from a bad trip that was built on shit to begin with.

Very few get the Initiation they are entitled to. It's sad, but its the way of the world.

There is nothing wrong with reasonably young people taking mushrooms, but very much things are extremely wrong with the way in which they do it. That they tend to come out fine only shows the benevolence of the mushroom in most cases.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3120672 - 09/10/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The problem with everyone's arguements against tripping at a young seems to be that people assume that tripping is harmful and wrong. In my not so humble opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with altering one's consciousness.
Let's look at mushrooms; the psilocybin is basically the fungi version of our serotonin (I know I'm oversimplifying, that isn't the point). So, basically, you experience an excess of 'serotonin'. Now, this is not the way in which the human mind normally functions, but this does NOT make it bad by definition.
If a person desires to change the way in which their minds function, then why is that bad? I do not accept the "growing minds" as a reason. Most of the "growth" that occurs during the teen years can be expressed as either a hormonal change, or pruning. Pruning is a long process that occurs about twice in your lifetime, wherein the brain expunges nueral connections that are no longer desirable or needed. There is no data indicating hormonal problems caused by mushroom consumption during the teen years. Likewise, there has been no data to suggest that mushrooms interfere in a negative fashion with how one's mind operates during their normal sober activity.
If one learns anything from tripping, then all these imaginary risks people seem to fear in youth taking a psychedelic is easily justifiable. And who here has not learned something valuable while tripping?

For clarification, I am not condoning the use of psychedelics by the youth or any person for that matter. I am, however, stating that the discovery of psychedelics by an entrepid youth is not a negative thing and should not be viewed as such. Allow people to think when they wish to think, and how they want to think. Anything less is a form of thought control. There is no magical age when it suddenly becomes "OK", there is no magical age when all these imaginary fears disappear. Not when you are 18, not when you are 21, never. It appears that many of you are afraid that a psychedelic experience will change a person's life forever, and that this change is bad. The reality is that at any moment of any day your entire world can change, or something may forever and profoundly change you, drug or not. Shall we not allow our children to read books that offer a completely different mindset than our usual cultural norms for fear that the new insights may forever change him? I should hope not. I have a question for all those who would not want youths taking psychedelic; are you opposed to them taking stimulants such as caffeine (which are both mind altering and addictive)?

Thank you for your time, there are beverages and snacks in the reception area...

--------------------

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
    #3125677 - 09/12/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Some thoughts of my own.

I first took mushrooms when I was a few months shy of 16. I took an eighth, and so did a few friends. I was at the stage in my life when I still hadn't figured out exactly who I was or what I was doing. 'Shrooms really forced me to look at who I was, and how I acted, and made me change my life. I restructured my relationships in a way that was healthier. I am much happier than I was before I shroomed. I don't attribute this solely to shrooms, -I meditate and do yoga as well- but I think they played a huge part in it.

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

#3126562 - 09/12/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The first time I ever shroomed was at 15 I took an eigth one night, and another the next day. Both experiences were great, but people need to be educated and hear other peoples experiences before they jump right into it. For the next month or so I was a braindead zombie most of the time and had a total ego loss, which I think a lot of people might not take the right way. In my opinion if you are young and want to shroom, learn about it, then go for it. With a lot of people I know shrooms might have kept them from going to non psychedelics like coke, meth, fucked up stuff that will make you a slave to the drug eventually, shrooms might have made them think that those drugs are only good for the dealers who make all the money from your addiction. I have so many good shrooming memories, i think "young" people should be more open to trying them rather than other non-psychedelics. :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: PDU]
    #3129199 - 09/13/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PDU said:
Quote:

People who are open-minded and are willing to accept the yet unknown and unexplainable mysteries of the world are those who can handle a life changing and life enhancing experience with phsychedelics. 

Bang on! People come to this place at different ages. That is the determining factor in my mind. I suppose this comes with maturity. 

I think i can safely conclude this thread by saying that these two dudes got it right on.
Shrooms are found by people that are curious of new experiences. These people have to know that they are ready to see things unknown to them.
Usually this search for new experiences doesn't come until the teen years,  so i don't think anyone should worry about 14 year old kids taking shrooms.
As long as they find shrooms on their own, as long as shrooms show up on their path of life without anyone forcing them down their throat, any age is alright. And when i say any age, i imply that kids not ready for the experience will most probably not take them.

I first took them a little earlier than my 17 years of age, and i definitely wasn't ready for what was to come, which isn't negative at all! ;i experienced unity of the universe and i re-discovered my body. it changed my perception of the world and my life, and it brought me to the shroomery because i was curious as to what the secret of shrooms were and i wanted to  communicate with people that knew what i was talking about. i mean talk about "unity of the universe" to average joe... :smirk:, you get my point.

Anyways, i think CURIOSITY is a key point. It can lead ANYONE anywhere.
to me, curiosity means leaving what you already "know" behind, and seeing what is new ahead.

--------------------

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#3129303 - 09/13/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have mixed feelings about the idea. Part of me thinks that under the right conditions there is not reason why a child shouldn't feel perfectly at home with psychedelics. However..I think these conditions might be rather rare in our culture.
Personally I didn't trip unil I was 18, almost 19. And I think this worked well for me. Having had the life experiences I had before hand made it make more sense, I have more tools of my own to apply this new super tool to. For example, I had been playing guitar for years before I tripped on it, this enabled me to have have a hyper rocking trip when I combined the two...being able to take decent skills and put them on warp drive.
At the same time, in a healthy world, if a kid grew up learning how to do things on psychedelics, they would be on warp drive from the start. Probably being able to go way deeper by the time they are 30 than most people who start their mind expansion when they are 20. But the massive variables involved skewed any straight forward yes or no response to the question should kids trip or not.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies