Home | Community | Message Board

KykeonAnalytics.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Kanibus]
    #1606441 - 06/03/03 10:12 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Ive found when i was them in social context the intensity is numbed WAY down, and ive also found most youth...at least that ive been around use them socially...so that may be why they dont piss themselves.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: windowlicker42]
    #1606449 - 06/03/03 10:14 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

AFOAF is 17 years old and has been using pychedelics since he was 16. He feels that pychedelics have changed his life, and made a profound impact on his state of mind and personality. He beleives that he is mature enough to be using them, and he does so 1/2 recreationally, 1/2 for other reasons.

Tripping is just great... age is only a number, why limit tripping to certain ages. I agree with kristina strongly, adults who think kids shouldn't be tripping are probably just a little bit shocked about how much different shit is today... it must seem weird now that I think about it.

--------------------

OfflineDemon_Hunter
Stranger
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: the free thinker]
    #1606668 - 06/03/03 11:43 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

It all depends on the person, not age, as long as your mind is strong enough (Although your mind probably won't be able to handle it until you're at least 15 or so, maybe 14, up until then you're essentially still a "child."

Anyway, it all depends on the person, my friend and I are within 8 months of each other in age, and he was sitting in the ground in a little ball nearly crying while i was going: "Dude, are you ok? Whats up? This is cool, we're in the woods, there are trees, i can see mountains, this looks incredible." ANd he just continued to sit there, claiming to be "overwhelmed" by everything and tweaking out while i sat there talking about how great nature is, so really, it all depends on your mind, maturity, intelligence, enlightenment and willpower.

It should also be noted this guy said he figured shrooms wouldn't be that great because they're only gonna be "Four hours of fun" then its over, then when we actually tried them, he freaked out, looks like the shrooms taught him not to think them as boring or weak.

Im buying more for my second trip this week, and he says he'll trip on them one more time, and thats it, hopefully this was a little awakening for him.

Edited by Demon_Hunter (06/03/03 11:44 PM)

Offlineicewall
journeyman
    #1606752 - 06/04/03 12:21 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

i believe i have to add my opinion to this.... IMO its not the age factor thats ALWAYS been the underlying issue. its the fact that people dont realize what a certain drug is for.

one clears ur nasal passages and others can kill u.

but kids dont care and throw caution into the wind and i cant STAND it when i hear "u wanna get fucked up????" i mean im 19 but i think my mind has reached the point of certain enlightenment where i can see past the "coolness" of crowds and getting fucked up.

i think thats a big problem as well.... which is what leads these kids of 15/16/17 years old to say "hey i hear acid REALLY fucks u up" so they do it and have a fear of it. they dont expect it to force everything thats good and bad right in front of their face.

people and society in general need to create a balance between things. i mean u cant hide ur kid from things that are bad in this world but at the same time u cant shove it in their face and scare them.

the key to EVERYTHING in life is B A L A N C E !!!!!!

until we see this out, well everything will be like it is now, ...... reality. kids using drugs, people dying, etc......

im not sayin g its bad to do drugs at a young age either.... its the reason people chose to use thats messed up.

maybe one day people will realize how stupid they really are., and maybe not

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: icewall]
    #1607913 - 06/04/03 12:42 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Anyone ever trip as a child?
I mean you have a certain ignorance about alot of things and i suspect a mushroom trip might not be a horrible ordeal.....i've never heard of it before, but its interesting.......

anyone?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1608659 - 06/04/03 04:49 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Yeah, that would be interesting (but not neccesarily good)

I always wondered what would happen if like a newborn baby or a toddler tripped.  You've gotta wonder... especially if they did it before they learned to talk.  Trippin in the crib... literally.  LoL :smile: 

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: the free thinker]
    #1608676 - 06/04/03 04:56 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Well....The developmental period when your a baby is the fastest development period of one's life. People in the know seem to warn against tripping, even as a youth, because you are still developing and it can be detrimental to the developmental processes in the brain. Is there evidence to support this.

Also, has their been any evidence to show that fetus's are detrimentally (or positively) effected by a mothers LSD use during pregnancy.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: PDU]
    #1608748 - 06/04/03 05:16 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

how do you mean positively effected?

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Trip]
    #1608834 - 06/04/03 05:44 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Who knows, Terrence Mckenna talked about how psilocybin mushrooms might have sped up evolution, perhaps prenatel (is that the right word?) exposure to lsd could speed up development, or produce prodigy children, or genetically preferable...whatever. Im asking if their are any, because it is always a possibility until proven otherwise.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

#1608866 - 06/04/03 05:57 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

i dont know but its probably not a good idea at all to take acid while pregnant, but ill do a search on it.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1608896 - 06/04/03 06:08 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Surly there are plenty of acid babies around from the summer(s) of love, and even still a few being born every once in awhile. Im sure their are studies done on it, although...probably not good ones. Physiologically i dont see how LSD would hurt a developing fetus, but im not a scientist, and should probably be slapped.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

#1608945 - 06/04/03 06:23 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

this is the best i could do:
apperently there was a scare in the 60's about baby deformation due to LSD use.

"In response to the fear of deformed babies, many young people temporarily stopped taking the drug. Others continued on the theory presented in the mass media that the 'damage had already been done-that a single dose of LSD is all that is needed to damage chromosomes.

Some pregnant young women secured abortions, legal or illegal; some couples refrained from having babies they wanted; and some LSD users switched from LSD to mescaline, psilocybin, or other LSD-like drugs. (Since drugs sold under these names were often in fact LSD, little was accomplished by the switch.)

The facts soon overtook the warnings. All over the country, obviously healthy babies were born to LSD users. A thorough California study of 120 LSD babies (to be reviewed in detail in Chapter 52) showed birth defects no more common than in babies of non-LSD users. Thus the credibility of official and medical pronouncements was once again severely shaken-and LSD use increased again."

i couldnt find anything else. i hope this helps kinda. ill keep an eye open. kinda interested aswell

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1609012 - 06/04/03 06:45 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Well...the myth about chromosone damage is just that..a myth. Anyone have any insight into this? I wonder who those studies were done by...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
    #1610792 - 06/05/03 07:09 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Grof wrote a chapter about this in LSD Psychotherapy. You can view it online here: http://www.psychedelic-library.org/grofchro.htm

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1612408 - 06/05/03 05:30 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

I don't think psychedelics are "needed" for small children - they're already tripping out

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: windowlicker42]
    #1612475 - 06/05/03 05:55 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Silly rabbit, trips are for kids!

I think the internet has something to do with it. Before the internet, the people in my town were smoking weed and drinking alcohol. That was about it. Then somebody found out about datura and everyone started doing that, without knowing anything about it other than "it makes you trip." Then there was a DXM epidemic. Someone found out that it gets you high and word spread fast. Pretty soon, there were people getting busted at school and tons of hospital visits for Coricidin and datura overdose. Many years later, when the internet was gaining popularity, people started to look at drug websites. Now the city is filled with people doing salvia, red rock opium (dragon's blood incense), nutmeg, ether, nitrous oxide, 5-MeO-DMT, any drug they can get their hands on. The datura use has died down quite a bit, but there are still a lot of DXM trippers. They find out on the internet. The good part is, hopefully they will read the positive and negative and find out as much as they can about the drugs before they use them, so they can maybe use them more responsibly. Kids are on the internet more than adults, they were raised using computers a lot more than the adults did when they were kids.

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: thepodman]
    #1612669 - 06/05/03 07:01 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Good thinkin podman, that is a very good theory, probably the best explanation ive seen in this thread. However, i think where you say: "

The good part is, hopefully they will read the positive and negative and find out as much as they can about the drugs before they use them."

I think that is just *hopeful* because i sure know of alot that dont read the precautions...they just go by what their friends tell them,...the friends that say lsd makes your brain bleed, and that datura is like acid.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: Acidfiend]
    #1618002 - 06/08/03 09:38 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

OfflineAVShroomer
LSD enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#1618428 - 06/08/03 01:45 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

hmm the first time i did Cid and Shrooms was when i was 14. I did E when I was 15 to I smoked pot when i was 13 I dont see the problem in doing psycadelics when your young or old. I dont think ill ever stop doing shrooms and Cid.

--------------------

'It's not a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom'
>**My Trip Journal**<

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: ]
    #1618695 - 06/08/03 04:02 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

I know many of you will disagree and probably get pissed off at me and probably give me a 1 rating or something,but here goes: Enlightenment cannot be obtained from mushrooms or any other substance,you need to get away from this belief. Some things like weed and shrooms may be an aid in meditation but they definately should not be touted as some mind expanding enlightening gift of glory as they are. I like them,and I feel good as hell when I eat them,but it's not enlightenment,it's just an intoxication.

While that has very little to do with the issue at hand, your experience cant be said to be the same as everyone else's. YOU DONT KNOW what i, or anyone else in the world feels and learns on a mushroom trip. For you to say that mushrooms are just an aid to meditation, i can say meditation is just an aid to reach the MUSHROOM enlightenment. My statement is just as valid as yours, aint it? To even make such a statement enlightenment would first have to be defined. But, in short, your wrong and cant make such a blatant statement upon your experiences alone.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag