Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Loc: overTHErainbow, BC
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: sancho]
    #1293183 - 02/09/03 09:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I am 15 y.old Im turnin 16 in a bit...and Im glad Ive done the drugs ive done, and do. I know wehat they're like, and I have had the most enjoyable childhood ever. I have learned alot...I think I'm different from other kids, just because I've experienced things that their mind coulden't amagine. I havnt done acid since the summer....oh man that summer was great..acid every weekend. I havn't one mushrooms for about 3-4 months...I had 5 of the most fearful experiences ever, But I'm glad I know what its like, and how to control.

I've learned my limits, as a youth, so I don't do bad stupid shit when I'm older, and have access to many more drugs. I have experimented with lsd, mush, coke, e.....and love weed. I'm glad I know my shiit. And it makes me feel better that my freinds come to me for their drug questions...i like to help, and telol people about my expereinces and what they should avoid.

It has, of course taken a slight toll on my body, I've developed anxiety, and almost always have a bad trip on mush..But that will change this friday when i can dip into some nice azures (hehe valentines day fun!)..I've read mckenna, and the tibetan book of death and dieing, I feel i'm ready to trip again.

Peace All

--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1293202 - 02/09/03 09:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Flood of information? Most people I know who are of age and have done psychedelics and dont talk about any 'flood of information'.

Experiences are subjective, some people can handle them and some can't. Same applies to younger people, only I'd wager there'd be more that couldnt handle it and more that had adverse reactions.

I'd never give a dose to someone under 14, probably no one under 16.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: ]
    #1293287 - 02/09/03 09:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, you obviously don't know the 'real deal' behind psychedelics...if you don't agree your brain gets flooded with information. Pyschedelics are tool. Nothing more

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: ]
    #1293489 - 02/09/03 11:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes. I didnt think it was possible to have a psychadelic experience without being overwhelmed by a flood of information. Its stimuli overload, your mind at its best, solving the mysteries of life. Words cannot describe what is learned, but you come out knowing so much more than highschool taught you.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: PDU]
    #1293543 - 02/09/03 11:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ive learned that I shouldent take life for granted, and live it to the fullest, because I could die anyday, and that means pack your days full of fun and enjoyment because ANYTHING can happen.
I also think that we are gods experiment, and we are just like lab rats, and god is experimenting with us, to see what we do wrong, so one day he can create a perfect world.

peace.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #1293575 - 02/09/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting theories, its fascinating how we all come up with such possibly far fetched beliefs, i love contrasting them.
Ive also learned to live life to the fullest, one of the most important things i learned however, was to not waste my time on things and people that arnt worth it, got my priorities in life figured out. It also seems a trip every 3 months or so will keep me in tune with the true beauty of my surroundings, which is definately a plus. But thats just the tip of the iceberg..

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1293972 - 02/09/03 03:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Things like this get me angry.

What, do you think once you turn 18 (not just the person I am replying to, but to the people who said youths should not use psychedelics) all of a sudden your mind opens up and you know enough to take them? No. I might only be 15, but I am sure I have done more research on all the drugs I have done, and many that I have not done, then many overage users on this very topic.

I can tell you I was more prepared for my first trip then I ever was for anything in my entire life, the whole thing was pretty much "ok that happened... oh and now that is happening" not to say I didn't learn anything, no matter how much you research, you don't KNOW what it is like until you do it, it was more of a "so that?s what that looks like..." type thing, I am a much better person because of psychedelics as well.

I used to be scared to go places with my parents, I mean its no [I]COOL[/I] to go places with you parents, but now, after my trips, I don't give a fuck. I realized, WHO CARES?

But then again, I don't think I am the average high schooler, I don't take drugs to "get fucked up man!!" like most high schoolers, but then again, ANYONE who takes drugs for that reason, underage or not, is asking for trouble.

I will agree many people my age are not ready for psychedelics, but only because they are not mature enough, there are a lot of people over 18 who are to immature for psychedelics as well. Hell, I don't think my own 41-year-old mom is mature enough to take them! (not that she would anyway, or maybe its lack of drugs that make her so anal ^_^)

I am sure, eventually she will be, I think psychedelics are meant for everyone on this earth to enjoy and learn from. To say that there is a set age for when they are ok to use and when they are not is insane, everyone will come to a time in their life when they are mature enough to take them, and that time will be different for everyone. For some people its 12, for some its 57, everyone is different. If I tripped at age 13 it might have gone bad for me, but at age 15, I KNOW in my heart that I was mature enough to trip, I made the decision to, and I am better for it.

Please, stop treating underage people like less of a person. We all have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and drugs are one way I peruse happiness, who are you to say its not "ok" for me to do so?

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Sombie]
    #1294504 - 02/09/03 06:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"I realized, WHO CARES?"

heheheh that's a very memorable statement :smile: Psychedelics certainly help people realize that.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1295278 - 02/10/03 03:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

ah the famous defensive 15 year old :wink:

Whether you like it or not...their ARE drawbacks to being young.  Your brain is still developing.  Your body is basically 'getting your shit together', that will be used for the rest of your life.

I don't think taking psychedelics necessarily help that process(maybe sometimes it does for some people, and maybe sometimes it doesn't...why risk it?).

I know I didn't say their was a set age.  And I also didn't say anything about 'being ready'.  Sure, you were really ready to take a psychedelic.  You did all your research, etc.  That does not change the fact that....you are still growing...your brain isn't even 'in tact' yet, so to to speak.  Would you give 4 hits of lsd to a 7 year old?  Why not?  It's the same thing as giving you lsd, compared to a 30 year old.  As much as you don't agree with it...it's true.

I'm not saying "don't take psychedelics when your young...that's bad!!"....I'm just saying...it probably doesn't help your brain, when your 15(for example), to take psychedelics.  I guess it's all opinion from both of us, because we will never know otherwise.  Not a lot of research can be done when things are illegal.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1296005 - 02/10/03 08:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think psychadelics can work both ways, in aid of a developing brain, or against. Most commonly against. I think a young persons intentions, and what they are looking to get from them are the key factors. If responsible, and if ingesting psychadelics for the right reason i do believe that psychadelics can help give the enlightenment to a young person that only age and life experience can grant otherwise.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1296026 - 02/10/03 08:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sombie, I agree with you to an extent but try to understand this. There IS a defining "moment of clarity", if you will, when you pass the "magical milestone" of 18 and again at 21. It's a dawning of new responsibility. It's understanding that you and you alone will have to answer for your actions. You may think you understand it now but you don't and you won't until the day it is true for you. The fact is, if you fuck up now, your parents share a good deal of the responsibility for that. For example, let's say you get busted with/on some drug at school (not saying you would). It is up to your parents to fix the consequences (expulsion?). Now, in college (adult school so to speak) you fuck up then it's all on you buddy. Your out YOUR tuition for example. Trust me, you'll understand when you hit 18/21. Being under 18 gives you the right to be a smartassed hooligan (enjoy it). After 18 you gotta grow up because you will get your ass whipped. I can't believe how much teens irritate the piss out of me now. I thought when I was that age that I would never feel this way. Every time a teen jumps out in front of me in his car that daddy bought, squealing tires, I get pissed despite the fact I did this plenty of times when I was his age. The reality is I'm some sort of weird jealous over that sense of invulnerability and apathy. It's only weird because I'm also very glad that I've matured and am much wiser now. Rant Rant Rant, just wait, you'll understand one day. I still agree that you SHOULD live life to the fullest and if you think you are ready for psychedelics don't let anybody tell you that you aren't. You DON'T know if tomorrow is your last day, in fact, I live every day as if it were..

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: noth1ng]
    #1296402 - 02/10/03 10:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I started trippin when i was 14, 2 months before i turned 15. Personally, i have always thought of myself as more "mature" then some people my age. i also think that taking phsycedelics at that age calmed me down and made me think about things more. i remember always getting frusterated prior to taking my first phsycedelic. i also gained a best friend in my older brother because we would trip together every time, before we had no common ground to talk about(i was into sports,he was unto compooters). this probably means nothing, i was just feeling like posting. peace
-

About the same as when I was 14....prior to I was breaking into houses and buisness, getting busted for all kinds of crap....between the LSD and a series of books by harry harrison I determined that if I wish to take over the world I would have to mellow out a little.....LSD was and still shaping my life....for the better

P#1

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#1298010 - 02/10/03 08:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

mon Im 15 and I started tripping on mush 14.I dont thing they do brain damage or shit, theyre all good :smile:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: T0aD]
    #1298914 - 02/11/03 06:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

as long as we practice moderation, that is..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Strumpling]
    #1299208 - 02/11/03 07:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

just as the bible said....All things in moderation...

P#1

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1299531 - 02/11/03 09:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

moderation is key...never EVER over-do it

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1299779 - 02/11/03 10:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yeah that bible's a pretty nice read, aside from all the GOD talk

--------------------

Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: Strumpling]
    #1299883 - 02/11/03 10:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hehehe      :laugh:

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1301192 - 02/12/03 12:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

dr albert hofmann thinnks that psychedelics are best utilized by middle-aged & older folks... sorta help 'em (ok, us...) break out of the canalized thought patterns that develop after 5 decades of being human...
young folks (teeners, 20somethings, even 30somethings) are still in fluxish maelstroms of developing body/mind/spirit packages, still "plastic" as it were...
what's your hurry? if you want to make it intact to your 7th or 8th decade, you might want to consider pacing yourself, like a fine racehorse (or you may end up pissing yourself, like a candidate for the glue factory, hehheh...)
~
as for me, well... i dinna toke until freshman yr of university, and dinna drop until soph... and looking back, almost sorta wish i'd waited... but one lives with the results of one's decisions, willynilly, eh?
~
on a related literary note: so, has anybody read huxley's final novel _island_ ?
on pala, children are trained to think & question, and practice meditation & physical training... as part of their ummmm graduation exercises, young people climb a mountain to a shavite temple, where they are given the moksha medicine & meditate in front of an image of shiva nataranja, who beats out that cosmic rhythm on a drum, holding up a handful of cleansing fire, pointing to his foot which is poised upon the ugly dwarf of ignorance, and making the sacred mudra signifying "fear not" - sounds like an intersting way to introduce a group of kids to their first trip...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Re: youth and psychedelics [Re: gnrm23]
    #1302981 - 02/12/03 02:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If you had the chance to buy 3 hits of lsd for 10 bucks, or an ounce of mushrooms for 60 (let alone growing them, thats easy enough) im sure you would do it. There's so much mystery and rumours surrounding phsycadelics at my age, I must squash all the shit, and know for myself...

If you had that chance YOU woul take it

peace.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract