Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1160540 -

I have tried to see auras. Like FatNug I have not seen colors, only a clearish grey kind of light.  This sounds like the phenomena that Dogomush describes.

Anyhow this is how I do it.  I silence my mind and I don't try to "see the aura".  I just keep my mind silent and try to "see thru" the person/plant/animal i'm looking at.  Kinda like those magic eye books.

Whether there is an actual enery field or, that this is simply the result of focusing my eyes and a weird way in combination with some delusions I may have is debatable.
(haha Swami, no room for you to be critically skeptical of my post, I already stated the argument you would have used.) hehe :grin:


--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: Murex]
    #1160543 -

Then maybe you should admit that you are a bit negative and sarcastic when replying to topics that can't be proven scientifically.
Come one Murex! One thing I do NOT do is to hide my feelings and attitudes. You know where I stand. Should I append the entire Swami philosophy with each post? Ok - let's ALL do that.

SOME PEOPLE claim to be able to see auras all the time. If that were true, do you really think it would be hard to test for? YES or NO.

As for the topic- I saw a video on this chineese acupuncturist who can channel electricity through his hands. He aquired this power from many years of medatation. He can even build up enough electricity to set a newspaper on fire!
A video is one thing. Now why do you suppose that he cannot do this physics-defying feat in front of people who can really check him out ?

Electrokenesis exists!
So does Santa...



--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: Swami]
    #1160558 -

A video is one thing. Now why do you suppose that he cannot do this physics-defying feat in front of people who can really check him out ?

LOL! You crack me up Swami! What more proof do you want? Do you want this Chineese guy to shock you?He does it as an accupuncturist, not as a circus freak. I saw this video in class and it wasn't a video made by just this guy or anything, it was a well-documented video.

:blush:


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Edited by Murex (12/21/02 05:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: Swami]
    #1160561 -

Electrokenesis exists!
So does Santa...

You never fail to crack me up Swami :laugh:
Your a funny guy


--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: Murex]
    #1160565 -

A video is one thing. Now why do you suppose that he cannot do this physics-defying feat in front of people who can really check him out ?

LOL! You crack me up Swami! What more proof do you want? Do you want this Chineese guy to shock you?


Sorry Murex I'm with Swami on this ones.  I've got videos of aliens blowing up the white house and reindeer flying.  I don't think those things actually happened though :frown:


--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1160579 -

This video was one of those you would see on the discovery channel.


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: Murex]
    #1160586 -

He does it as an accupuncturist, not as a circus freak.
Whatever that means.

Were Edison, Tesla, Pasteur, Einstein, Fermi, etc, circus freaks? Or did they actually try to further knowledge for all mankind? This guys' failing to be biologically tested shows EXTREME selfishness on his part if authentic; or else he is a hoaxster.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or F [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1160600 -

I also dismissed auras as left-wing hearsay. It still seems kind of dubious to me, though. Remember, that in 'detecting auras', part of interpreting someone's vibes is also in their facial expressions, speech and body language. So although we do give off electrical fields from our hearts and brains, that's all they are; electrical fields.

That's what I think it is, anyway.


--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."
- J. Danforth Quayle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: Swami]
    #1160636 -

This guy doesn't want fame or anything. His talent just helps him do his job.


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: Murex]
    #1161181 -

This guy doesn't want fame or anything.

Then why is he in a video being shown throughout the world? And I'd say he DOES want something else: a little extra business from the believers!


--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: Swami]
    #1161235 -

In reply to:
He does it as an accupuncturist, not as a circus freak.
Whatever that means.





Are you implying accupunture is a freak show?


--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: Swami]
    #1161301 -

Were Edison, Tesla, Pasteur, Einstein, Fermi, etc, circus freaks?

Don't know, but Tesla's Death Ray Gun was very cool. Didn't he blow up half the north pole or something like that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensing Another's Aura... Science Fiction or Fact? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1161362 -

Sometimes (while 'sober') I see people's faces in a sort of crystally way. Looks alot like when you're comin down from an LSD trip and everything is still sort of 'shiney'. From memory, I seem to recall this only happening when there is some sort of verbal emotional output from a person or persons.
I'm sure it COULD easily just be chemical reactions causing things to look slightly different. Hell, If I stare at my computer for too long everything looks weird.

I also THINK I can feel people's moods or 'vibes' if you will. I have no idea how scientific this is, but I think humans might be alot more closely related to each other than we might think.

Animals seem to feel vibes like this... I don't know why it's so far-fetched that humans could.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is Science a form of Mythology?
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 4,782 52 01/23/03 03:21 PM
by Anonymous
* The Concept of reality
( 1 2 3 all )
Northernsoul 4,175 40 07/28/04 03:42 AM
by Strumpling
* Traps and pitfalls of logic and science.
( 1 2 all )
gribochek 4,655 28 04/24/02 12:06 AM
by infidelGOD
* Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices???
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dmtrypr 6,253 62 08/24/04 12:25 AM
by Philanthropist
* Einstein A Father of Science Believed in GOD...
( 1 2 3 all )
BleedingSickness 6,365 42 10/07/02 04:00 PM
by Zahid
* The Holographic Universe- Science and Spirituality
( 1 2 3 all )
gettinjiggywithit 6,987 42 03/17/08 05:25 AM
by 764hero
* The Limitations of Science
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 7,602 85 01/22/04 02:17 AM
by trippy
* Science isn't philosiphy?!?!?!
( 1 2 all )
gluke bastid 3,247 36 10/11/02 10:32 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,550 topic views. 1 members, 93 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.