Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBobDonut
Stranger

Low psilocybin content??
    #891128 - 09/18/02 12:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I recently grew some PC B+ (my first trial), and I was a bit disappointed at the low effects experienced by them.  I don't eat these things a lot, but when I do, I usually have about 1/2 an eighth to 3/4 of an eighth.  I had about 3/4 of an eighth, and no visuals whatsoever...just some confusion and irratability. 
Here's what I did....
I used one syringe (10cc) for 6 half-pint jars to make the cakes.  I waited for the mycelium to fully colonize, at which point I birthed the cakes into another container, filled with moist vermiculite.  I fanned out the container, and sprayed water onto the sides (careful not to hit the mushrooms) multiple times a day.  I waited until the caps' bottoms were straight before I picked them.  I then dried them out by using a food dehydrator (at 95 degrees Farenheit) for about 20 hours.  They had only sit for about a week after this before I ate them. 
Any opinions on what might have caused such a low content of the chemical, or if there was something in my process that was DRASTICALLY wrong?  I know that most of what I did could have some adverse effects, but I was under the impression that nothing I did would cause them to be virtually powerless.  I'm looking for a really potent mushroom here...please help!!  Thanks guys.  :grin:

=Bob 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefearforce7
addict
Loc: USA
Re: Low psilocybin content?? [Re: BobDonut]
    #891139 - 09/18/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

everything looks good up until the point where you said you dried them at 95 degress for 20 hours. I am pretty sure that has something to do with it. You are not supposed to use heat to dry, it decreases the potency. Whenever i want to dry i just put them under a fan for like 12-20 hours. And they get really dry using no heat at all

later

--------------------

OfflineBobDonut
Stranger

Re: Low psilocybin content?? [Re: fearforce7]
    #891142 - 09/18/02 12:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I thought that the potency would be affected at higher temperatures, like 120 degrees and up....is that not true?

Offlineserialkiller
not a newbieanymore!!!!!
Loc: outer space
    #891176 - 09/18/02 12:44 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

that is true but psylobin starts to break down at 95 degrees. any exposure to that type of heat will have an effect on them. try to disconnect the heat source from your dehydrator.

peace
serialkiller

OfflinetelefunkenU47
numerator
Loc: cartoon planet
    #891183 - 09/18/02 12:48 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

I waited until the caps' bottoms were straight before I picked them.

do you mean that you allowed the veil to completely break and create a perpendicular line to the stem? if so, this would be a big part of the problem. i don't think the food dehyrater helped out a lot either, but harvesting a little sooner will treat you quite a bit better.

cool dry if at all possible. a friend lays a box fan flat, facing the floor and suspended on two stools. he then takes some very cheap mesh screen and lays it over the now top (intake side) of the fan. he lays his shrooms on it, turns it on and gets nice dry shrooms within 12 to 24 hours (dependant upon size). that's just his way, but there are many other excellent methods that will allow for prolonged storage.

anyway, i'm ripped and i've rambld on long enough. good luck.

--------------------
Central Scrutinizer:
This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...
That was Joe's first confrontation with The Law.
Naturally, we were easy on him.
One of our friendly counselors gave him
A do-nut...and told him to
Stick closer to church-oriented social activities.

-Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage"

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #891319 - 09/18/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

This thread is way too funny... A perfect example of the blind leading the blind.

1) B+ grown out on BRF/V is less potent than B+ grown on dung.

2) Drying at 95 degrees doesn't hurt any shroom in any way.

3) There's no such thing as "psylobin".

4) The fact that the cap flattened out before harvest makes very little difference in potency.  A little, yes, but very little.

My advice:

Wait 2 weeks and eat 5 grams and then tell us how great your trip was. :grin: 

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Low psilocybin content?? [Re: TM]
    #891343 - 09/18/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you beat me to this one TripMeister, I wouldent go over 90 Deg. when drying but I doubt that 95 Deg would hurt. And all strains of cubes on BRF/Verm have roughly the same potency, except maybe PESA but Im not sure that's even true

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Low psilocybin content?? [Re: serialkiller]
    #891351 - 09/18/02 02:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

that is true but psylobin starts to break down at 95 degrees. any exposure to that type of heat will have an effect on them. try to disconnect the heat source from your dehydrator.

Please document your assertion. I have personally made tea countless times where I simmer the material for 30-45 minutes at a low boil with no loss in potency that I noticed. Water boils at sea level at 100*C. This is more than double the 95*F you quote.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineBobDonut
Stranger

#891488 - 09/18/02 03:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the tips, TripMeister, but I'm still left with the same problem. I'm used to getting the caps, eating less than an eighth, and watching some nice visuals for hours.... Are you saying that without dung, I'm not going to achieve the potency I'm looking for?? I hope that's not the case. Again, thanks for the straight-forward answers.

=Bob

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Loc: Coconut tree #323, in the...
    #891493 - 09/18/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Untrue, I always use BRF cakes and case them with 50/50+, extreme potency.

--------------------
We're all our father's fastest swimmers!

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #891502 - 09/18/02 03:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

There are many variables that could've affected your resulting effects from the dose you took:

1) How much and what it was you had to eat and when before dosing.

2) How long since your last trip.

3) Potency of the shrooms

4) Dryness of the weighed dose, ie: Were they CRACKER-DRY? or NOT?

5) See my previous advice.

:grin: 

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#891550 - 09/18/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've never had B+..... I don't see anything in there that would make potentless mushrooms..... I'd say YOU HAVE TO SWALLOW but I'm sure you did so I have no clue....

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: dilatedcreature]
    #891610 - 09/18/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflinetelefunkenU47
numerator
Loc: cartoon planet
    #892453 - 09/19/02 01:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you Captain Obvious! Many of us know the wonders of dung, straw, etc, but the man had a query about the potency of fruit produced by cakes. Apples and oranges. Maybe your super dung shrooms can be harvested after the caps have completely upturned, dried under 95+ degrees and you'll notice no loss of potency. It is my experience, however, that any loss of potency on shrooms from a cake is a noticable loss of potency. I've heat dried before and not had too much of a problem with it, but why chance it when you can dry them just as quickly with a fan in cool environment?

I obviously don't have as much experience as you in mycology overall, but that does not deserve your condescending, smarmy attitude. You're a myco snob; one of those guys who would spam 50/50+ rules before you went on to the next tek. Do it your way and we'll do it ours. If you don't like people who aren't as "advanced" as you and you feel the need to insult someone when you don't agree with what they have to say, then get the fuck out of this forum and move on to advanced. Otherwise, stick to the topic, remember where you started and develop some fucking humility.

--------------------
Central Scrutinizer:
This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...
That was Joe's first confrontation with The Law.
Naturally, we were easy on him.
One of our friendly counselors gave him
A do-nut...and told him to
Stick closer to church-oriented social activities.

-Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage"

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Low psilocybin content?? [Re: telefunkenU47]
    #892457 - 09/19/02 01:55 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The breakage of the veil, the maturity of the fruit (up until sporelation) makes no difference on potency. Psilocybin is a more stable alkaloid than psilocin, but cubensis in general are noted for variations in the latter. The content of psilocin in a mushroom fruit is effected easily by variables, but psilocybin is relatively stable.
The main reason your mushrooms may have had low potency is because of the genetics of the sporematch, substrate (brf is crap)

--------------------

OfflineTeiro
Earth Entitie
Loc: A Sunny Beach in a Tropic...
    #892489 - 09/19/02 03:09 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You gotta pick them right after the veil breaks and not when they are fully matured, as yu can see in the attached test from the fanaticus web site.

"It is being reported in the pop mycology literature that young small samples of a given magic shroom specie are the most potent. I have reported this since the PF TEK was published in 1991. But I defined it as also having to do with sporulation and veil parting. So it seems to me, that anyone who wants to trip, would prefer going the quality route instead of the quantity route, where the shrooms are not only harvested young and diminutive but they are grown in pure non chemicalized substrate, with no other microbes present - in sterile substrate. So this would mean that casing, even though it can dramatically increase yields, can be a negative in the quality department but definitely a positive in the quantity department. "

--------------------
Life does not have to be necessarily long. It just has to be good. Be wise. Peace, Love, Flower Power.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract