Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: Joshua]
    #1488479 - 04/24/03 05:16 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"No, that has about the same accuracy of eating them, you just have two sets of numbers to show other people, versus two different experiences to tell other people about"

Not the same at all. Eating them and telling a story about it is totally subjective, even if you could compare them, based on setting and so on. A set of numbers is data and is arrived at by scientific procedures. Quite far different indeed.

Wahoo, one good reason for growing only aborts, given that they do contain more alkaloid content/weight (have higher potency), would be to be more efficient. Since you are only using a certain amount of nutrients to grow these aborts, much less than a full mature mushroom, you can grow many more (If it's done correctly). This way you would eventually have more 'magic' content overall, even when only growing the same amount of fruit weight.

Joshua, I agree insults serve no purpose. But I was not trying to insult anyone, only questioning the credibility of a person.

Edited by ExtravagantDream (04/24/03 05:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: ExtravagantDream]
    #1489552 - 04/24/03 01:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

No offense, you are an even bigger idiot than I.

You have a strange way of questioning credibility.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: Joshua]
    #1492379 - 04/25/03 08:37 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

'No offense, you are an even bigger idiot than I. '

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a productive post...
Someone should read the quality of their own posts before insulting others...

--------------------

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1492710 - 04/25/03 10:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hey we can't all have productive posts all the time. Besides, what is wrong with it? It is clear, concise, straight to the point. You do realize what I was responding to correct?

And the phrase, "You are an even bigger idiot than I," constitutes absolutely no direct harm. It is just how it is interpreted. Just means that if "you" feel that "I" am an idiot, then "you" are more so of one.

OfflineAmanita_Dreamer
Rotting HumanCorpse

Loc: The 666th Plane of HELL
    #1493299 - 04/25/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I do know that Roadkill is'nt a "idiot". Taking that into account....once The Hooligans asked HIM which He preffered. Considering that he has acsess to some of the best starins IN THE WORLD he said Cambodians are his favorite....And Cambos are TINY. The Hooligans did notice that the Cambos bruised ALOT bluer than Kreepers (in this case). Then would follow, I think, that because of the EXTREME blueing reaction there is a higher concentration of Psilocibin/Psilocin. Thats just my opinion .....I could be wrong.

--------------------

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: Amanita_Dreamer]
    #1494092 - 04/25/03 05:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think that it may just be the strain..coincidence that they are smaller. I do agree, cambos are some of my favorite cubensis

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1494447 - 04/25/03 09:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yawn...

--------------------

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1494513 - 04/25/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Yawn...

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a productive post...
Someone should read the quality of their own posts before insulting others... "

Offlineback_room_farmer
enthusiast
Loc: Bavaria, Germany
    #1495653 - 04/26/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, I have read through this post and there is some good and some redundant knowledge, and more then enough ego trips going on here. I can say that from my personal experimenting, I have taken several strains of cubies, and a cubie by anyother name is not the same if you catch my drift, I have noticed several differences, and I have also experimented with strait aborts. I can say that by wieght the aborts were much more intense, scarry even, and as for cubes, The creepers myself and a few other friends tried were the most potent I have yet to try from the cubies, and that is 8 strains so far. The only thing with the aborts was the fact that they came from different strains so the experiment wasn't "pure" however I can say that I went to the edge and back and I was lucky to come back. I give any aborts I get from a friend to the braver of heart then me now.
But just my two cents and please don't flame me over this post I am just trying to add to the actual experimental knowledge and not the academic knowledge as I have found some of that to be false.

--------------------
are you talkin' to me? oh! you are! wassuuppppp!

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: back_room_farmer]
    #1495828 - 04/26/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think tolerance is the biggest difference in potency that you will find. My buddy ate 3 medium shrooms and a good sized one. He also ate 18 aborts. He did not trip at all. It was about 4 dry grams. Me and my other buddy just ate 2 good sized ones (about 2-2 1/2 grams) and tripped hard. I had the best visuals ive ever seen. Do you think that by handeling the dry shrooms you loose potency? Is the only potency loss through bruising? (If it dosent bruise does that mean no potency loss??) What about flushes past 2nd? Josh said a buddy had a 10th flush! Would you think the potency increases as the flushes continue?

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: resin]
    #1496084 - 04/26/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i ate 1.2g of aborts once and i tripped quite nicely... much stronger than 1.2g of mature mushrooms.

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: resin]
    #1496136 - 04/26/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Tolerance builds up very quickly when eating mushrooms, but also declines quickly. After about two weeks you should have no tolerance. I do know however that some ppl are naturally "immune." I'm not sure if that would be the right word to use, but some ppl need alot to really trip. For instance I need very little, only about 1.5 grams (of an "average" cubensis) while a few of my friends need upwards of 4 to 5g's. This goes for actual effects as well, some people are more visual and some people will only get visuals on a "hard" trip. Since alot of that is subjective, take it as so.

I do not believe properly dried shrooms will loose any potency by handling. If they were heated enough, some of the alkaloids would start breaking down.. probably also if they were hydrated and then just left laying out to deteriorate.

Bruising does not show the only loss in potency, since it is only oxidization and breaking down of one main chemical (psilocin.. or was it the other?.. always get mixed up). Handle them as little as possible when fresh, dry them properly to "cracker" dry and keep them in an air tight bag for prolonged storage. (the cooler the better.. and since i doubt you will be keeping them in the open, I'm not mentioning light.)

I can't answer your question on potency differences on successive flushes. I've never eaten any just from one specific flush.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom