Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Oyster Shell, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecardinalgreen
Cardinal Green
Loc: USA
POTENCY MAXED * 1
    #3519742 - 12/19/04 09:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:mushroom2: Growing shrooms for 30 years now and have the solution to maxing potency for cubensis. Some of this you know. Why exactly this works I don't know but it works despite the odd techniques I use. Note age of substrate, temperatures after pinning and drying techniques.

1) 90% finch seed 10% flax seed ? boil for one hour ?rinse with cold water until water runs clear - drain for 30 minutes. Fill quart jars to ? full.
2) In a plastic bag mix water and vermiculite until soaked. Now squeeze out excess water with hands and fill the grain jars with this now moist vermiculite so jars are now ? full. Clean and dry rims of quart jars and seal with aluminum foil as air tight as possible.
3) Pressure cook at 15 psi for one hour. Let cool to room temp.
4) Inoculate with spores or culture ? shake jars for 30 seconds ? keep hand on foil as to not let foil come loose. Tighten up foil air tight again.
5) Place no more that 4 jars in a 32 gall. see through trash bag and seal up tight. Let stand for 14 days between 72 and 80 degrees. ( in the dark or light)
6) IMPORTANT: On day 14, when jars are white with culture, without opening the trash bag , grab aluminum foil on each side of jar and rock it back and forth with a downward motion to loosen foil from top of jar. Do not remove foil; just let it sit loosely on top. This will let jars breath from now on. Let jars sit for another 15 days in trash bags.
7) On day 34 (AFTER INOCULATION)  remove cakes from jars ? break cakes in half. (I use this method instead of autoclavable bags because I always get 100% success.)

* THE AGE OF THE SUBSTRATE HAS A LOT TO DO WITH POTENCY. DO NOT BEGIN PINNING UNTIL THE SUBSTRATE IS AT LEAST 38 DAYS OLD FROM INOCULATION. (I HAD A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS WITH DAVID PEEL 15 YEARS AGO) IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME PIN A CAKE AT DAY 24 AND ONE AT DAY 38 AND TELL ME THE FIRST FLUSHES ARE THE SAME>

8) Place 3 or 4 half cakes in aluminum cooking tin. Cover with moist vermiculite/peat moss 50/50 and a bit of crushed oyster shell (never hydrated lime) - again wet casing soil and hand squeeze excess water out. Place one tin in its own 32 gall. see through trash bag that has been soaked with water on its inside. Use dowels or anything to keep bags erect. Place in well lit room at 75 to 80 degrees for 7 days opening bags once or twice a day to replace air. NO NEED TO MIST!
9) IMPORTANT: When shrooms first appear lower temp to 62 to 66 degrees to maximize psilocybin production. (Yes; shrooms will grow very slowly.) Also; keep humidity at 87% for meatier shrooms. Open bags to replace air 2 times a day. KEEP MISTING TO A MINIMUM IF AT ALL.  AS LONG AS THE INSIDE OF TRASH BAG IS WET ? NO NEED TO MIST. Pick shrooms before veil breaks. After harvest wet down the trays with water equal to the weight of the wet shrooms picked.
10) :mushroom2: VERY IMPORTANT: Immediately place shrooms on a piece of cardboard in front of a fan on low to dry at ROOM TEMP. FOR 6 DAYS. (Or until cracker dry). NEVER EVER TURN FAN OFF DURING THIS PROCESS. When a fresh wet shroom is placed in front of moving air it quickly dries the outer surface of the shroom and seals out oxygen to the inside flesh. This prevents the oxidation of psilocybin that would otherwise ruin its potency. If the fan turns off at any time the shroom becomes wet again in minutes and ruptures the cells throughout the shroom causing it to turn blue-black and oxidation of psilocybin. Potency lost! The idea here is to let the shrooms dry slowly at room temp.
You know you have very potent shrooms when the stems are white with no signs of bruising except where you cut them. Never let shrooms (dry or wet) go above 105 degrees. (Yes - second and third flushes are more potent)
If you are getting sick on shrooms it could be you are not drying them properly. (I know some people react to the alkaloids, that can't be helped, but I often seen shrooms that hung around to long at room temp. as to go semi-rancid then dried).
If you are a frequent user and not getting off on your shrooms you are not waiting long enough between trips. (You should wait 6 weeks between trips to avoid tolerance build up.)

Eat shrooms on an empty stomach  -  trip at a time when you would normally be REM sleeping (i.e. 2AM) ? and smoke a little herb 90 minutes after ingestion for visuals beyond the superlative!! 

Edited by cardinalgreen (12/21/04 06:24 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: POTENCY MAXED [Re: cardinalgreen]
    #3519774 - 12/19/04 09:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

6 weeks is a bit much don't you think

i also think there are much better ways of acheiving what your going for

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Offlinecardinalgreen
Cardinal Green
Re: POTENCY MAXED [Re: phantasm]
    #3519777 - 12/19/04 09:56 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yes there are faster ways - however I believe that the age of the substrate before pinning has a lot to do with potency. And its only 4 weeks.

Edited by cardinalgreen (12/19/04 10:02 AM)

OfflineMindBent
bentmind

Loc: somewere in the mind
    #3520036 - 12/19/04 12:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

great words, from a seemingly wise man

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: POTENCY MAXED [Re: MindBent]
    #3520041 - 12/19/04 12:38 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i was talking about the fact you said wiat 6 weeks between uses since tolerance is near baseline after 3-5 days

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Offlinecardinalgreen
Cardinal Green
Re: POTENCY MAXED [Re: phantasm]
    #3520480 - 12/19/04 03:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

OH! Misunderstood. I tripped every weekend back in the mid 60s and after a year (52 trips)I needed 3 times as much to achieve my pinnacle. In another 1/2 year I could not get off at all. It took 8 months of abstinence just to get back on track. 3 to 5 days may be OK for occasional use but it catches up to you if you are a serious player. I was investigating in those days age regression until I stumbled on its power of remote-viewing and decided to call it a day. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Edited by cardinalgreen (12/20/04 06:19 AM)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: POTENCY MAXED *DELETED* [Re: cardinalgreen]
    #3520563 - 12/19/04 03:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by tripndicular

Reason for deletion: Bad choice of wording

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (12/20/04 12:53 AM)

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: POTENCY MAXED [Re: tripndicular]
    #3520726 - 12/19/04 04:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Some of these pieces of information seem a bit specious.

"You know you have very potent shrooms when the stems are white with no signs of bruising except where you cut them"

It would be nice to see some analytical studies that might corroborate this claim.

"If you are getting sick on shrooms you are not drying them properly"

Sorry, but see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3496548
for some useful information on nausea and dosing. It is most certainly _not_ just a matter of drying.

--------------------

Offlinecardinalgreen
Cardinal Green
Re: POTENCY MAXED [Re: Alkaloids]
    #3523399 - 12/20/04 06:38 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes! There is a certain % of the population that will react to these alkaloids but for the most part its people eating semi dried shrooms or shrooms that have gone semi rancid and than dried that get them sick. Don't believe everything just because its posted not even me. As far as analytical studies - grow and dry a batch just as I described (aluminum foil and all) and compare the difference in eating 4 grams of yours and 2 grams of mine.

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
    #3526430 - 12/21/04 03:18 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Bioassays are notoriously difficult to try and calibrate.  On many occasions there can be up to a four-fold or more in potency from the same flush of mushrooms.  A knowledgeable grower and experienced psychonaut can make educated guesses about potency, but even then you can never accurately replicate the conditions in vivo.

Either way I say to whomever you gave your advice;  try it out.  If your advice turns out wrong, then nothing is really lost. If it's right, then so much the merrier.  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Re: POTENCY MAXED [Re: tripndicular]
    #3526484 - 12/21/04 03:54 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
"I do not like your reality , so I chose to make my own and live by it !" :wink: :thumbup:

Breaking jars , using foil for lids, no blue means more potent ,not chowing mushrooms for 6 weeks  yeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk ! :rolleyes:????????????????

Joo never break your jars with eh hammer before, mang?!?

:badcomputer:

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: POTENCY MAXED [Re: TonyMontana]
    #3526584 - 12/21/04 05:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck no i have never broken up my jars with a hammer to get the substrate out. Why would there ever be a need to do this, that a waste of money man.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
    #3526597 - 12/21/04 05:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with you ...breaking jars is kinda wierd but your drying process is right on. 2 dry of my EQ`s is more than most people ever want or need :thumbup: Its has a lot to do with experiance also  :wink:

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Oyster Shell, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation