Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Catholics and Christian Extremists
    #6831318 -

So yesterday I was with my Aunt who is very catholic and always preaches this shit on me all the time. I was doing land scaping for her and she took me to the church on the way to pick up mulch. I didn't really want to go but we have a cousin thats getting surgery on her lymph nodes that may or may not be cancerous depending on biopsy during surgery. Well she took me into this special little part of the church I never knew existed where its like a little room where people literally pray facing an object made out of silver gold encrusted with gems and shit. It seemed like they were praying to the hope diamond. If theres anything the bible teaches thats don't pray to false idols. God is supposed to be the alpha and the omega. Everything about the scenario felt wrong basically. I didn't participate at all I just observed casually.

Thing is I really don't get these extremist people. My aunt is always talking about how I need deliverance or some bullshit and Mejigoria that. I'm fuckin sick and tired of hearing it really but I love her as shes my aunt and she loves me as her nephew. I just don't know how to get the point across to her that I am not interested in her helping me to be "saved". She just thinks everyone wants to hear this bullshit she spouts all the time but most people don't my mother(her sister) and my fater and probably even her own husband included. How do you guys handle people you care about like this?


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Catholics and Christian Extremists [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6831339 -

Quote:
How do you guys handle people you care about like this?



I tell that I don't wanna hear about that, now let's change the subject.
Simple.
They don't like but they must accept it. Good luck :thumbup:.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Catholics and Christian Extremists [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6831353 -

This situation isn't that bad.

Just tell her you don't believe, you can't believe, you don't want to believe, and that's that. Don't apologize; you have nothing to apologize for.


--------------------
Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep and you weep alone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Catholics and Christian Extremists [Re: BrainChemicals]
    #6831398 -

BrainChemicals said:
This situation isn't that bad.



Yeah, the person could become all insane, screeching about you being possessed by Satan, and then they could start shaking you violently while screaming and sobbing, and then try to tackle you and shake you around your neck to get the demon to come out. At this point they are screaming nonsenscial words and wavering their tounge around in the air, saliva that smells like burnt bacon and tobacco flying everywhere....

:what: Some people take being irrational to the extreme, man. :lol:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* catholicism not christian?
( 1 2 all )
NiamhNyx 2,033 22 01/25/08 10:04 AM
by Icelander
* Christian bigotry at its finest!
( 1 2 all )
Azmodeus 2,378 25 06/13/03 09:47 PM
by Murex
* A question for Christians like me about studying Buddhism..... PsillyNilly 1,029 7 12/09/04 09:17 PM
by Ravus
* Christians?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
SHiZNO 5,175 62 04/13/03 05:39 PM
by jimsuzo
* Question about different Christian sects superpimp 1,426 12 08/08/03 06:32 AM
by gnrm23
* Christianity, Colonialism, Capitalism and Islam. atomikfunksoldier 2,091 14 07/14/03 07:44 AM
by gnrm23
* absolute proof, sorry to all the catholics out the
( 1 2 3 all )
ArchDruid 6,057 52 01/04/02 02:50 AM
by WaktSniper
* The Biggest Question of Christianity...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Herbus 9,038 64 01/03/07 08:40 AM
by implicitli

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,724 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 77 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.