Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Veritas]
    #6661661 -

Veritas said:
Quote:
Reality in what we see as being a mere reflection of what we see in ourselves. living in the present instead of letting our minds wonder about our past achievements or our past sorrows. the "know thyself" proclamation. Your thoughts creating your reality.... All these things have to come upon us so fast that we haven't even started noticing it.



Actually, all of these ideas have been around for thousands of years, (see: Buddhism, Taoism, Greek philosophers) and have been known to the few & disregarded by the masses.  Perhaps that is the way of humanity.  :shrug:

My question to anyone who is waiting for 2012 to happen to them: what are you doing about it today?

Too often those who long for change forget that they are (potentially) an agent of change.  If not you, who?  If not now, when?

IMO, the ideal of an enlightened society, a world as one, will be realized one person at a time.  Enlightenment en masse is a pipe dream.




I mean the general public my friend... ask any general person what enlightenment/know thyself/your thoughts-your reality mean.. and they'll look at you stupid. They're much more interested in where they can find money/power then the true sources of everything.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661688 -

there's plenty of others like you who once thought the world was flat and called people who thought it was round fucking crazy.

Or the others (like you) who finally saw that their subjectivity wasn't objective truth and realized that in the end the other side could be right. And then these others didn't continue to make condesending posts like the above.:D


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Icelander]
    #6661703 -

I've found that the effects of many psychedelics used wisely in context/set/setting/intent go FAR beyond "hallucination". I've had many experiences, with DMT in particular, that were exponentially more 'real' than 'normal' reality. I've seen our own reality unfold into the most fantastic futuristic dimensions you could fathom...we are fully evolved for this, but a drastic shift of collective consciousness is necessary to transcend our nightmare of reality.

Life's like a puzzle and the pieces are acquired through experience and re-membered with creativity to form the greater picture. But again, that's my experience speaking, and that of several others...you have to come to your own conclusion, through your own experience. I guarantee you that sitting in front of a computer screen and denying the experience of others won't lend to a greater understanding of it all. Go explore life. There's a lot more to it than you think or deny.

Icelander said:
About this bet. Can you make some specific predictions here. Are you willing to have this money held in an account that would go to the winner in a binding legal agreement. I might be interested then.:D



I guarantee that within five years (very likely sooner) there will be a worldwide revolution based on an understanding of human potential and life itself. If you are really interested in betting me throw me a PM.

I would have been in the same boat as any of you skeptics years ago, I wouldn't believe a word I've written here. Never believed in God, never thought that life as a human at this point was anything more than a downward spiral to collective oblivion and I lived much of my life with this perspective. All I can say is that through my own experience alone I know that we are God, life never ends, this is like a bad dream we can awaken from, and that there is absolutley nothing to worry about or be afraid of, and that nobody needs to take anyone's word about any of this to come to the same understanding through their own experience. Of course a lot of people say I'm delusional or crazy but I see more and more people coming to the same understanding everyday and many friends have come to know the same. There is a truth and you need only be willing to surrender all worldly attachments (ego), be willing to explore life fearlessly, have faith in your own experience and intuition.

But like I said, people have to come to their own 'conclusion'.


--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Grok]
    #6661736 -

EDITED my 3rd post


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661737 -

Quote:
I mean the general public my friend... ask any general person what enlightenment/know thyself/your thoughts-your reality mean.. and they'll look at you stupid. They're much more interested in where they can find money/power then the true sources of everything.



Yes, I agree. As I said, known to the few & disregarded by the masses. I do not see this changing due to 2012 or any other mystical event. Individual growth and self-actualization are the tools of the inward revolution.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Grok]
    #6661746 -

First I'm not a skeptic. I share many of the same beliefs as you do but am older (watched this all happen in the 60s/70s) and don't try to equate world changes with my personal ones.

Second your prediction is way to vague and you could interpet almost anything as a world wide revolution (again the 60s and 70s would be a good example as one could say they changed the world and another could say they copped out bad in the end and both be right.) So are you talking about world peace? End to hunger? End of Capitalism?;) Be much more specific please.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Icelander]
    #6661751 -

Icelander said:
there's plenty of others like you who once thought the world was flat and called people who thought it was round fucking crazy.

Or the others (like you) who finally saw that their subjectivity wasn't objective truth and realized that in the end the other side could be right. And then these others didn't continue to make condesending posts like the above.:D



hey now! I didn't say you were wrong by no means. I mean don't me wrong there, my OPINION says your wrong, but an opinions can change unlike a fact. You got yours and i got mine and since you have your own opinion, do you feel that we are moving torward absolutely nothing. Hell the laws of physics have already stated that all the energy can only accumulate for so much time before it must transcend into something else.  :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661764 -

I don't know what is happinging to the rest of humanity. Lots of wars and environmental disaster. Also some changing in the other direction. Mr. Nautral Sez: Twas Ever Thus.:wink:

I really don't focus on this anymore. I stay focused on my personal changes and feel that is the most that can be done or known.;)


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Icelander]
    #6661773 -

Icelander said:
First I'm not a skeptic. I share many of the same beliefs as you do but am older (watched this all happen in the 60s/70s) and don't try to equate world changes with my personal ones.

Second your prediction is way to vague and you could interpet almost anything as a world wide revolution (again the 60s and 70s would be a good example as one could say they changed the world and another could say they copped out bad in the end and both be right.) So are you talking about world peace? End to hunger? End of Capitalism?;) Be much more specific please.




Ok i'll get real specific. I believe we live in a dream world ( the matrix has already been through ALL of this ), i Believe that when you are in the tripping state of mind that you merely are awakening to the dream you live in, actually having a lucid dream while awake. Your mind becomes unplugged from the mental hypnosis that it is constantly in when we are in this sober state of mind.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661780 -

actually i don't KNOW this, its just an idea at the moment. However yes, we're coming to the point where the material world won't mean shit to people anymore. Could be in 2012, could be before, or it could be on dec21st 2012 when the world finally comes to this conclusion.

we just don't know yet.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661786 -

Quote:
the material world won't mean shit to people anymore.



As long as we continue to be material beings, this is highly unlikely. Perhaps a few of us will begin to find a balance between material and spiritual concerns.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661790 -

shizznit said:
Icelander said:
First I'm not a skeptic. I share many of the same beliefs as you do but am older (watched this all happen in the 60s/70s) and don't try to equate world changes with my personal ones.

Second your prediction is way to vague and you could interpet almost anything as a world wide revolution (again the 60s and 70s would be a good example as one could say they changed the world and another could say they copped out bad in the end and both be right.) So are you talking about world peace? End to hunger? End of Capitalism?;) Be much more specific please.




Ok i'll get real specific. I believe we live in a dream world ( the matrix has already been through ALL of this ), i Believe that when you are in the tripping state of mind that you merely are awakening to the dream you live in, actually having a lucid dream while awake. Your mind becomes unplugged from the mental hypnosis that it is constantly in when we are in this sober state of mind.



And you're saying the whole world will realize this.(The whole world awakens from the Matrix) Yes I will bet on that.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (03/12/07 03:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Icelander]
    #6661805 -

If one person is able to turn his waking reality into a lucid dream, then... he could do some crazy things because he would have no doubt about his reality. If you saw someone fly on tv, i'd bet you'd wanna know how he did it eh?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661809 -

it's just thoughts though, nothing can be proven yet. But you can't unprove it either which leaves room for the possibility. crazy world :mushroom2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661813 -

shizznit said:
If one person is able to turn his waking reality into a lucid dream, then... he could do some crazy things because he would have no doubt about his reality. If you saw someone fly on tv, i'd bet you'd wanna know how he did it eh?



I think I would know how. Remember I grew up watching Superman.:crazy2:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661816 -

shizznit said:
it's just thoughts though, nothing can be proven yet. But you can't unprove it either which leaves room for the possibility. crazy world :mushroom2:



I always entertain the possibility of anything. Just what we can experience right now is incredible enough. We were not talking about possibilities but certainties. Remember? (make no mistake about it)


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Icelander]
    #6661867 -

the make no mistake about it cue is stated in the sense that we are moving torward something truly great. The laws of physics prove it, the mayans knew it, terence mckenna knew it, timothy leary knew it etc etc. Were just closer now than we have ever been before.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Icelander]
    #6661881 -

The changes that could take place could certainly involve worldy peace, an end to starvation...but go FAR beyond that. I have had visions of a world uttery devoid of human need altogether, of complete beauty and boundlessness and AWE of an extent that I have no idea how I could have ever survived having seen what I have or gone completely bonkers.

I know in my own heart that all of this is possible. I have brought myself to that level and I know that everyone else can as well. It is an individual path. It is very true...the most any of us can do for eachother is to work on ourselves.

If the collective had any idea what was truly possible, it would be our only priority to reach such a level. The material world would no longer matter for it would be transcended; we would see that in a literal sense that "nothing matters".

The hell of it is, such a transformation is INCREDIBLY simple. It COULD happen in a WEEK! But simplicity and ease are not always the same.

I have no doubts. But apparently, neither did a lot of people in the 60's and they lost momentum. As soon as you doubt yourself it's a bummer that way. Honestly I think the biggest obstacle to creating an enlightened collective is authority.


--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6661885 -

Quote:
Were just closer now than we have ever been before.




That is what mankind has been saying for millenia. Sure, society evolves. But I don't think that we're truly on the verge of some vast, unambiguous breakthrough.

Truth be told, we've always been on the verge. The idea that "we are closer now than ever" is an illusion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Icelander]
    #6661890 -

Don't forget the fact that from a technological view we are growing exponentially. Now we have the internet, maybe we'll all be connected in some kind of shared consciousness in the future. And what about computing power growing more and more the last few years? Maybe we'll create a computer that can create entire universes, or the Matrix...
I mean, technology has done some bad things to us, moving us away from nature and what we once were and all, but I think we can do amazing things with it, also spiritual ones.
Maybe I'm way off topic here, but this is how I think about spiritual revolution.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Astral/mental projection shroom_muncher 792 5 04/03/04 09:50 PM
by Subliminal
* Astral Projection
( 1 2 3 all )
MentalHygene 7,794 57 07/08/10 01:16 PM
by spectralis
* Learning to go out of the body (without drugs)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
shaganoz 8,995 79 10/19/02 11:12 PM
by MushIsMyTool
* astral projection anyone? anarchyhollow 1,355 7 03/11/04 10:39 PM
by acidhead1279
* Tips on Astral Projection? keepontruckin 1,748 7 09/15/04 08:05 PM
by deff
* OBE and Astral Projection related links and books shaganoz 906 1 06/18/02 11:44 AM
by Swami
* Astral Projection--- for real?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Magus 7,473 83 04/25/04 08:18 PM
by TODAY
* On the topic of astral projection yet again. Glacius 612 1 03/06/03 11:21 PM
by Glacius

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
8,085 topic views. 2 members, 1 guests and 46 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.