Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
Astral/mental projection
    #2509775 - 04/01/04 09:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Has anyone been able to achieve either of these? I think i read shroomism talking about doing it. How do you do it? I mediate regularly so i figure thats half the battle, but what else is there to it? any help or links would be much appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Astral/mental projection [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #2518530 - 04/02/04 11:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

have i achieved it? not intentionally but im not disciplined enough to keep up with the exercises
even when you fail you tend to have some interesting experiences

ive also had a few random OBE's. 2 came when i was suffering from extreme stomach cramps all night and finally 'blacked out' at about 4am. instead of falling asleep via the hypnagogic state and then passing into a dreaming 'rem' state of sleep, i went from normal waking conciousness to ... something else. First i felt an intense 'buzzing' or 'vibrating' in my body. imediatly i said to myself 'just float up dont be scared' (i had studied the subject before so i knew what the vibrating was even though i hadnt had it before) then i felt a swooshing/rusihin/pit of my stomach feeling like if you ever been on the 'drop of doom' ride...
(ya know where the seat raises you like 100 feet and then drops you straight down)

i found myself or at least my *conciousness* in the top corner of my room above my bed. everything was the same yet seen as if through a grey fuzz. I floated straight up and then , when i passed through my roof i felt another rushing censation and saw indistinct dark shapes. when i awoke the next morning i couldnt recall anything after this point.
check out
: http://www.astralpulse.com/guides/oobe/oobe.htm

another time i woke in the middle of the night with stomach pains and had to take some pepto bismal. i waited for the stuff to take affect and tossed and turned in my bed in pain. finally i started to dose into that half awake half asleep state. suddenly i felt the vibrations and was wrenched sideways out of my body. i felt myself rushing sideways and saw my floor moving underneath me as if i was flying over it. i asked myself 'is this real' and reached out to touch my floor. although my hand passed through it, i could 'feel' its texture and at the time this was enough to convince me it was real.

However i seemed to be mostly out of control and was flying back and forth like this and then felt like i was being pulled back into my body. I didnt want this to end so i urged myself through the wall away from my bed. this was more powerfull than i expected and i was rocketed through the wall and beyond. This time i caught a glimpse of some whacky dreamlike landscape that i cant even describe and then was jolted awake.

In both cases youll notice that i was able to solidly percieve my room but as soon as i passed out of the immediate vincinity of my body (throught the ceiling in the first one and the wall in the second) things either became indistinct and dark or whacky and psychadelic. THis is described as the 'looking glass' or 'alice' effect and some say it is the transition from the physical to astral state. others say this is evidence that the obe is actually a very unusual dream state and not the 'real' world at all.

decide for yourself and the most important thing
THESE THINGS ARE FUN

but so are lucid dreams and lucid dreams can be produced much more easily and reliabaly

OfflineSubliminal
SpiritualToddler

Loc: KY
    #2519757 - 04/02/04 07:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've been working on them for about the past 5 weeks or so. I believe every person is capable of them after practice. If you are interested, there are courses that are free you can take on www.mysticweb.org . There's also a very good book called Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. I believe I was successful in projecting once, but it was quite hazy and it quickly turned into a lucid dream and then a regular dream. I halfway woke up from my sleep and felt somewhat disconnected from my physical body. I did a "pushup" and pushed myself right out of...myself. I rose to the ceiling and tried to go through but couldn't do it (some beginners have problems going through solid objects.) When I walked out the door of my room I wasn't sure where to go so I went back in. After I came back in my room, the experience just turned into a regular dream (I hear this too is common for beginners). Besides that, the closest I have come happened yesterday.

I had been trying to project while laying on my back for over 30 minutes with no luck. Then I just gave up and took a quick nap. When I woke up a few minutes later I laid on my side for a few minutes just wondering why I couldn't ever have an OBE. After that I just laid there a bit longer and let my mind clear (actually quite inadvertently.) Then, without warning it was as if an immense shock went through my entire body. I was vibrating yet paralyzed at the same time. The sounds in my room (computer fans) that once seemed somewhat loud became very faint and overtaking them was this *extremely* loud, throbbing, low-pitched hum. This was the first time anything like this had happened to me and it was so sudden and intense it scared the hell out of me. I immediately aborted what would probably have been an out of body experience. I hear those are all the major signs that one is about to leave the body. Every day I get a step closer. If you choose to pursue this, best of luck. It IS for real and from what I hear it's a very spiritual and exciting exercise -- But sometimes scary!

--------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Astral/mental projection [Re: Subliminal]
    #2522543 - 04/03/04 08:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

a good tip in oobe-ing is to plan for what to do if you get out of your body so you don't waste your first 30 or so expiditions (like me :P )

i would suggest: first command yourself not to move, second command yourself to simply wait and percieve, third, to ask a higher being for guidance.

out of body you can do things just by word power alone so just think of a wording thats good for you and remeber to say it when you're out.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinenecronomicon
journeyman

#2522635 - 04/03/04 08:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I do it mainly from dreams...some may think this is wierd, but from a lucid dream I can project myself incredibly easy into the astral realm.

Theres plenty of herbs that can help you acheive astral travel, including Cannabis, wild lettuce, and many others. The trick is to relax and let go.

OfflineSubliminal
SpiritualToddler

Loc: KY
Re: Astral/mental projection [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2523212 - 04/03/04 11:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

a good tip in oobe-ing is to plan for what to do if you get out of your body so you don't waste your first 30 or so expiditions (like me :P )

VERY good advice :thumbup:

--------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology