Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineskaistda
Stranger
Paranoia/Shrooms
    #6282842 - 11/14/06 03:14 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys, long time reader first time poster.

I am going to amsterdam next week and I really really want to try shrooms. In fact, I have wanted to trip for a long time now, just haven't really had the opportunity.

I have done a lot of research on tripping, and the problem is this: I have gone through bouts of paranoia in my everyday life. Most of the time it's about getting sick/death/meaning of life/etc. I'm not really sure if I am just trying to "find myself", or that I am a hypochondriac, or what have you.

When I smoke weed, I hardly ever get paranoid, but there have been times where I have gotten extremely paranoid (however, I have found it very easy to just tell myself to calm down, and that it is the weed that is causing my paranoia).

And it all comes down to this: I have read many places that those with a tendancy to paranoia should refrain from shrooms, becuase it might make one go "insane". In the opinion of this board and website, what should I do? I really believe I am in a good mind set and that I will have an excellent trip, however I am a little afraid of "going insane" (however rediculous this may sound to me.)

Long post, thanks for reading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: Paranoia/Shrooms [Re: skaistda]
    #6282892 - 11/14/06 03:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Wish I could help. I'm not sure about that personally.

I think its great you're doing research though.

--------------------

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

#6282949 - 11/14/06 03:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I get paranoia occasionaly too, pre and post trip.It's good to see people researching, what is it that specifically attracts you towards tripping? Your question is difficult to answer, with shrooms you gain a great deal, but it is not a free ride. How old are you? I think if you are slightly anxious about going insane now the shrooms could set you off down a very traumatic road.

Edited by Andy21 (11/14/06 03:43 PM)

Offlinealoofiam
Stranger

Loc: Anywhere but here
    #6282961 - 11/14/06 03:45 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I think alot of first timers make the mistake of jumping right into things by taking doses that are too large. I think if you start out small you shouldn't have any problems at all. I'd say for your first time you might just want to try a gram and see how it goes. If you can handle it with no problems up your next dose to a gram and a half and so on... working your way up is key.

I know you're probably really excited for your trip to amsterdam, but this may not be the best place to trip for your first time. You won't be used to the environment and if things go wrong you could start to panick and not know which way to turn and from there things could spiral out of control. But like I said before, if you dose small you should be fine.

And just remember, you can read all you want on other peoples experiences and when it comes time to take them for yourself you may think you know what effects to expect, but until you've actually done them yourself you really have no idea how the shrooms will effect you. They will effect everyone differently. I made the mistake my first time by listening to my friends and thinking that I could handle a half eigth, but I was wrong. I learned then that I am one of rare exceptions that are really sensitive to psylocybin. Now, I'm alot more experienced and know how to handle myself, but still even if I take a gram and a half I can get full blown effects.

Just be careful that's all, proceed with caution, and never ever underestimate the power of these crazy little mushrooms.

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: Paranoia/Shrooms [Re: aloofiam]
    #6283001 - 11/14/06 03:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

dont do it. I have done shrooms many times, and I have been to amsterdam many times. Amsterdam is by no means an ideal place to trip. Im serious, I cant stress that enough. If you do buy them there, go out of the city to a park or a less hectic place. Dose LOW. Eat half what they say is required for a trip. You will probably be smoking ganja there too, and that shit is powerful. Once I got "too" high in Amsterdam. You need to carefully consider this and think about your mental health, you can PM me for more advice if you want.

Offlineskaistda
Stranger
Re: Paranoia/Shrooms [Re: Andy21]
    #6283044 - 11/14/06 04:01 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not necessarily afraid of "going insane", persay. Like I said, I've been able to easily snap out of paranoia fits with weed, but I understand Shrooms are a lot different. I believe I am a pretty strong minded person, but I'm just not sure what to expect, and from a lot of research I have done "paranoia" mostly refers to people with conspiracy theories and so on (a catagory which i do not fit into)...

As far as what I want to get from the trip? Besides the obvious experience, I really feel like I want to look at myself at a deeper level. I want to "find myself" so to speak. I just don't want to risk permanent psychological health to do so.

I'll be traveling to amsterdam with some friends that I am pretty close to and we'll be staying in an apartment. A seemingly comfortable setting.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #6283415 - 11/14/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

If you're going to do them, then don't worry about it. It's like jumping into a pool. You know it's going to be cold, so just do it and don't make a big deal of it by stepping in step by step. Just realize that you are taking a risk by doing shrooms.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

#6286491 - 11/15/06 03:46 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

If you do find yourself you might get the urge to beat him into a bloody pulp, I have never tripped in amsterdam but I have visited. Under no circumstances if you do it should you go for a walk on the streets whilst tripping, you will just get incredibly lost in the maze of identical buildings. Everyone elses advice about low starting dose and going into nature if possible is about the best advice there is. Oh and do not watch TV, a seventies stand up comedy show caused me to have the worst trip of my life.

Offlinekevbo
Manure Connoisseur
Male
    #6290445 - 11/16/06 04:00 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You have to tell yourself that you will not go insane from taking shrooms. If you leave that possibility open, combined with your paranoia, you will have a bad trip. I don't consider myself someone who gets very paranoid at all, but there were times when I first started tripping where I was convinced that I wasn't coming back.. but I always did, as does everyone else.

If you are still paranoid and unsure about whether or not you should take them, wait until another time in your life. If you do decide to take them, do it during the day out in nature where you do not have to worry about anyone coming and with a close friend. Also, take a lower dose; I don't care how much you can drink or smoke, tripping is a completely different feeling of intoxication.

Good luck and have fun.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Paranoia/Shrooms [Re: kevbo]
    #6292723 - 11/17/06 01:48 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Telling yourself you're not going to go insane is an assumption.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

Re: Paranoia/Shrooms [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #6293157 - 11/17/06 08:11 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Do you know of anyone who has gone permantly insane from a well planned first trip? The worst I have seen are people who have ended up with PTSD/Panic attack symptoms.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #6293314 - 11/17/06 09:10 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i would advise against it, mushrooms are easy enough to produce and as such should be taken in a homey situation for a first time (IMHO anyway)
unfortunately that's why i missed the shroomery 2005 gathering (i still had no expiriance with mushrooms and i was sure that if i'd go i'd take mushrooms. and i was still afraid, obviously its not the right setting for a first time (lots of people you don't know, basically on your own, even though today i'm sure it would have been just fine :tongue:)

even now when i'm a little experienced with mushrooms i'm still not sure if i want to take them in Amsterdam (and i'm going in mid December) but then on the other hand i'm thinking "would be nice to get lost for once" :shrug:

all in all when you take mushrooms for the first time its best to be in the mind set that WHATEVER comes you're going to accept it and deal with it even if it's scary/paranoid/gruesome/overwhelming or disappointing :smirk:
and well, don't expect anything... explore.

hope this helps,
welcome to the shroomery :mushroom2:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #6293529 - 11/17/06 10:37 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't get paranoia until I did mushrooms :lol:

Offlinee3k
Stranger

#6296068 - 11/18/06 02:45 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

2 types of paranoia might occur...

the first one is short term only during you are intoxicated, not pleasant but if you have few friend around who will take care of you you will survive :smile:

the second one is the real F21 paranoia which is a type of schizophrenia. this can be triggered by the mushrooms and is a long term issue which may last your whole life. so if in the world we have 1%-2% of schizophrenics, the chance is that you get this paranoia is something above lets say 2%-3% because we have to add the people who have the potential to develop this but still are fine. its like rusian roulette with a pretty good chance to stay mentally healthy.

if you dont have the luck like me, then it really sucks :wink: although i must admit during the intoxication i had no paranoia, maybe just a weird feeling. the problems came months later. but i know it were the shrooms.

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

Re: Paranoia/Shrooms [Re: e3k]
    #6296185 - 11/18/06 06:03 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

How does it affect your life? My paranoia tends to rest around my mental health so I become paranoid that I am going to go crazy.

Offlinee3k
Stranger

#6296529 - 11/18/06 10:48 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

a the moment i am fine, maybe sometimes a bad feeling about something or somebody. this leads to make me suspicious.

during the psychosis it began with jelousy, and ended with usual stuff like aliens controling people via GSM transmitors, chemical drugs in food, persecution feeling...

now i rarely have such paranoia because im on meds, but when i drink to much, or smoke a tiny bit weed, i get mushroom flashbacks, which are at least 50% bad trip. thats why shouldnt smoke weed and it looks like this time i mean it :smile:

ps: there are other symptomps than paranoia before one goes crazy: bad sleep to no sleep and loss of apetite in my case

Edited by e3k (11/18/06 11:24 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder