Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Gay Guys and Shrooms
    #2027043 - 10/20/03 11:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Whats the deal?

It happened once and I just kinda shrugged it off but then it happened again!  Two times I was shrooming with good friends and they "came out of the closet".  Not just that but they were making moves on me. 

The first friend just came right out and said: "Im gay and I think we should..." and I was like "I AM NOT GAY".  So he dropped it right there and we continued having fun.

But the second time my other friend, who I have known for ten years, was very subtle.  I'm shrooming with him at my friends house and he says "We have to get out of here, lets go to my apartment".  So we do that and thats when things get a little wierd.  He wants to cuddle up beside me on the couch.  So I go and sit by the computer.  He takes off his shirt and starts doing "poses".  Then he asks if I want to come to his bedroom with him.  I say "nope".  But this was really making me uncomfortable but I didnt do the obvious which was to ask "Are you gay?"

Now all my friends suspected he was gay because he has lots of shoes, never has a girlfriend, and decorates his apartment.  But we were just joking around... now its like he refuses to even acknowledge shrooms or that he had a good time on them, like he wants to hide that he is gay/bi.  Now I dont know how to approach the subject with him.  Now, if only this happened with girls... never met a girl who would do shrooms tho.

Now I feel bad that I failed to talk about this openly with him.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (10/20/03 11:41 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms [Re: pattern]
    #2027124 - 10/21/03 12:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

maybe he isnt gay...when people are shrooming, especially two guys, sometimes weird signals can be sent out and taken the wrong way...perhaps its just in your head now, and you over-worry about it everytime you shroom with another guy now...i dunno

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2027130 - 10/21/03 12:08 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Now, if only this happened with girls...

Ya, I know what u mean. I've only done shrooms with a girl once, and she ended up making out with another guy.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms [Re: silversoul7]
    #2027166 - 10/21/03 12:27 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

maybe he isnt gay...

I kinda agree, I dont think he's ever been with a guy, maybe he was really lonely and overwhelmed by the feeling of shrooms (his first time).

Quote:

you over-worry about it everytime you shroom with another guy now

definitely not... it doesnt even cross my mind

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms [Re: silversoul7]
    #2027172 - 10/21/03 12:28 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

Now, if only this happened with girls...

Ya, I know what u mean.  I've only done shrooms with a girl once, and she ended up making out with another guy. 

Damm that musta been frustrating.  Someday I WILL find a girl shroomer, its my goal in life!  :tongue: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2027204 - 10/21/03 12:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ya, it was frustrating. I even got depressed and had a bad trip for a while. Then I changed locations, smoked some salvia, lost my ego, and felt a lot better.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2027212 - 10/21/03 12:45 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pattern said:
Damm that musta been frustrating.  Someday I WILL find a girl shroomer, its my goal in life!  :tongue: 

Well if you move back here.. I'll shroom with you! :laugh:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms [Re: sykobish]
    #2027261 - 10/21/03 12:56 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sykobish said:
Quote:

pattern said:

Well if you move back here.. I'll shroom with you! :laugh: 

Cool :smile:

*starts packing* 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #2029390 - 10/21/03 06:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

you should just ask him dood. if you think he should be open about it, then you should too. dropping it into the background aint gonna help him out. ask him, be like are you gay? dont do it in an attacking, or frightened, or sickened way...just ask him as a friend. if he says no and acts hurt that you would say such a thing, let him know that its cool either way.

drugs do fuck up signals dood, and he may be bisexual? who knows. He may not think hes gay because he loves getting some pussy, but when the drugs kick in, where does he stand?

shrooms also seem to make an overwhelming love for all creation,wich believe it or not does include guys.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms *DELETED* [Re: tak]
    #2029439 - 10/21/03 06:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms [Re: poke smot!]
    #2029517 - 10/21/03 06:52 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I dont think its striaght or gay. There is alot of inbetween...some people wont shake a guys hand in fear that its "gay" and only look at girls, while some guys will hug & kiss & cuddle with guys not having sex, still interested in girls...some guys like guys only, nothing to do with girls, some people like both sexes, some like none. I think most people are pretty unique, and just because you have a penis i dont think it should automatically make you straight until proven gay. I think you are you because that is who the fuck you are.

I wish people didnt trip so much over shit like this, but i guess i can understand. Ive had gay guys make moves on me, and it completely scared the shit out of me, and ive said thigns that i feel have hurt them too... its kinda a tough spot to be in, communication is hard.

I am a very soft spoken guy, and I guess i give off signals that im gay to people. most guys think im gay, straight or not. and the ones who I feel really bad telling them that i have no sexual interest with them. but i dont. its a fact. but i always feel bad like im the hot girl turning down the fat guy.

You just need to know who your friends are, and love them for just that.

I get really scared when im with gay guys i dont know, thinking they will try and do shit with me when i dont want to. Its scary to be on drugs with them.

But on the other hand, i have friends who are straight as a fucking arrow, and other friends who are gayer then freddy mercury be on drugs with me, in complete harmony. Ive rolled with both of them, let the gay and straight one give me back massages, etc. anyone else i would probably be scared. I know he is gay, but in the past i established with him that im not really interested, and since then its been like that.

:shrug: I dont know what im saying but just make sure you let him know that you are cool with it, but if you are not completely cool with it, let him know that too. If he is your friend you should tell him exactly whats on your mind, spare him the fun and games.

If you want him to tell you, i suggest telling him he is gay. Dont ask. He will then have room to say "no" .... instead tell him that he is, point out your rules, and make him agree.

"Chris, i know you are gay, and im completely fine with that. Before you say anything, let me finish. I am one of your best friends, I will like you for who you are no matter what. By me knowing something about you does not change who you are one bit, that changes who I am, and im the kind of person who doesnt care. I have no problem with your sexual orientation, and fully support it, however I am not gay. I know we can sometimes be in comfortable places as friends together, and thoughts may come up in your mind, but i assure you that i am not gay. Do not take this as offense, as im not taking your sexual orientation into offense. This is just a fact. I would hate there to be "uncomfortable" times between us because you are scared thinking "i wonder what he thinks" and im scared thinking "i wonder if hes gonna try something." I love being your friend, and I never want anything to change, and thats why im bringing this up. I hope you understand that you can be who you are around me. You may want to hide it from other friends, but I would be honored if i know you trusted me with this. "

or something. I said some shit like that to a friend, kinda

haha

whatever, spread the love

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2030110 - 10/21/03 09:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Get your two gay friends together.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2031295 - 10/22/03 02:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It sounds like he doesn't want this to be any of anybody's business...

So why worry about it? He didn't try to stick his dick in you EVER so.. what's the issue?

Don't worry there are plenty of us "straights" who consume mushrooms as well.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms [Re: Strumpling]
    #2031846 - 10/22/03 11:15 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

True, its not a big deal. I was hoping this wouldn't become an unspoken event and ruin our friendship. I dont care if he is gay but it would be nice to know for sure one way or the other.

Thanks for the advice everyone!!

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2032267 - 10/22/03 01:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i think if i had a close friend and he asked me if i was gay, and im not, i would be kind of offended b/c weve known eachother for years...i would think, 'what have i done for you tho think that' and that would make me very self-conscious about it...

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms [Re: CleverName]
    #2032311 - 10/22/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

^ Agreed. I don't think you should ask him. Even if he is, he could be sort of self consious about it, and asking him would make him think he's acting gay and some people view that negatively.

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #2032910 - 10/22/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Cuddling up shouldn't be a problem whatever your love goes out to, because cuddling, ESPECIALLY on trips, just isn't a sexual thing.

Being a fulltime Assgoblin I have no problems regarding in-trip cuddling up with girls or so. I am a bit hesitant with straight guys however because they might misinterpret shit leading to unpleasantness, as happened before. Now quite some years ago I had this straight friend who got into bodybuilding and being a fanatic about it it soon showed.

Now he wasn't comfortable with gaystuff but being proud & shit it happened that when we were sharing this blunt that he suddenly got up and took off his shirt & started to show off his bulk genuinely oblivious to the situation. (the situation being a bit similar to a girl showing off her assets to a straight guy) I felt like some violator! And he goes like: "Does it look good? I'm up to x times x kilos now: feel how hard it is!" and me going like "er yeah.. looks good.. hey nice pec move.." and generally feeling highly embarrased about it. Suddenly he got this expression like he just stepped on a thumbtack, shot into his shirt and -I'll be damned- started talking football with a slightly lowered voice. Modern society.. **DAMN** :tongue2:

Now the first guy said he's gay so thats obvious. You blotted out what he had in mind so it might not have been a move.

As for the second one.. Yup it does have a male erotic feel to it. It should not be a problem. Now he likes you. A LOT, I gather. You're friends for 10 years so that sounds like a pretty solid friendship.
On psychedelic drugs a lot of stuff distorts. I have, in the midst of an LSD session had a friend emerge from the bathroom holding a turd and near panic ask: "is it supposed to look like that?! Am I OK?!"
I also had an LSD girl cry out her hurt in my lap (or rather: face down on my zipper) Now these are your garden variety freaky things that are awkward when they happen but keep you in LOLs for years on end.

This friend of yours likely got into sexual areas. Right then and there he felt very, very comfortable with you which is a good thing friendshipwise. Had he been face-down on your zipper doing the hot air thing like the girl inadvertently did you might have freaked. But this was just innocent stuff. I think he might harbor some male erotic feelings and, well, wanted to share them with you.

No biggie, he didn't want to push you into anything. Its no crush (10 years of friendship) but I think he at that moment had such feelings for you that he wanted to step beyond mere friendship. Possibly quite awkward for you but if possible you can see it as a compliment. Call it the hydroxy on the DMT but in any case his friendship goes deep.

Now molecular Elvis has left the building something has changed. He likely feels like *OMG! Now I've done it! I ran our friendship into shite!* so he retracts.

If I were you I would omit the gay topic altogether since that might lead to nasty stuff for both of you. It's best for him to initiate that or perhaps he won't.

What comes to mind is this. When the 2 of you are into friendly territory, hanging out together like usual, look at him in a friendly, relaxed manner. Make non-threatening eye contact and say: "About that trip.. no hard feelings. Stuff happens" and then pass the dutchie or whatever casual thing you're doing.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms [Re: Asante]
    #2034771 - 10/23/03 02:38 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"Make non-threatening eye contact and say: 'About that trip.. no hard feelings. Stuff happens' and then pass the dutchie or whatever casual thing you're doing."

See I wouldn't be so sure about saying something like that.. Because then if he's not sure what Pattern is talking about, he will be forced to explain in further detail (and therefore discuss) the situation that you suggested he "omit."

On top of THAT, he could think Pattern was talking about something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, and acknowledge Pattern's thought, but apply it to the totally wrong thing, because as we all know; LOTS of different mental real-estate is covered on a trip, so if one uses vague language to discuss a specific part of it, it can easily be misunderstood, which would trigger either the wrong information transmitted altogether, or would trigger the recipient of this information to request more data.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #2036522 - 10/23/03 04:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i had these _American Beauty_isque trips where a moderately homophobic man became moderately to severely psychotic trips and began to carress/cuddle up to me. i felt really disturbed by watching how brittle the ego can become through deeply rooted impressions/ conditioning of insecurities. it would be hard to pinpoint exactly how his delusions felt, but obviously, just because he was feeling that something erotic was going on between us, doesn't mean it anything was there at all. i speculate that supressed desires flooded past unconscious defense, totally warping his perception of everything to extreme disorientation. being gay, i didn't feel as if though my sexual orientation was threatened, but it was disconcerting to see drugs that can heighten awareness will also mush somebody's frail ego.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Gay Guys and Shrooms [Re: Asante]
    #2036540 - 10/23/03 04:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Being a fulltime Assgoblin I have no problems regarding in-trip cuddling up with girls or so.

Hey Wiccan, your post was really good but could you explain to me what a "fulltime Assgoblin" is.  Thanks :grin: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being