Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator
    #2040413 - 10/24/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2041393 - 10/25/03 01:16 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe the mushroom is telling you that you don't need to shroom anymore or that you should lower the frequency of your trips.

Are you getting as much from recent trips as when you first started?

Do you know why you're taking them?

I'd suggest giving yourself a long break, like go for 6 months or a year or something man. If you were thinking that drugs are hurting you in your current situation then they may be! Oddly enough, this is most easily noticed while on ego-reducing drugs - your subconscious can tell you what's up with your drug-use much better than the ego who wanted the drugs to begin with can.

well.. good luck man - keep us posted!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (10/25/03 01:19 AM)

OfflineMuffinBear
liek

#2041464 - 10/25/03 01:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

when i first started shroom'n all the time it was nothin but fun and good times. after a while though when ever i would come down i would just sit/lay and think about things. mostly how i dont need drugs anymore and about all the bad things about myself. how shitty of a person i was and how badly i treated my g/f and how i was anti-social and just any bad thing about me and how i wanted to change it all.

i think strumpling is right about the whole ego thing. i mean, i always figured something was wrong in my life if this is what i thought about when i was on these kinds of drugs. maybe over a few months try and improve your life, make yourself happier...try shroom'n again and see what you think about??

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: MuffinBear]
    #2041631 - 10/25/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #2043307 - 10/25/03 11:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thats happened to me quite a few times. Valium will work for chilling you out. But after it happened to me more than once, I decided I wouldn't shroom again till I got my life straightened out a bit, and had less to worry about. Sometimes you just have to let go of your thoughts and let the mushrooms take you where they want.

Anonymous #1

#2045561 - 10/26/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

listen to it.

get your shit straight.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: ]
    #2047320 - 10/27/03 12:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I had somthing like this happen to me. I was tripping quite heavily in 2000,2001,2002. It was almost all lsd in 2000 and 2001, but i moved to mushrooms (thanks shroomery) in 2002. I would trip about every weekend or every other weekend for a while. In the beginning every trip was fucking great, but after a while i started to get stuff exactly like you described. Depressing thoughts about life. Well i hadnt tripped since may of 2001 on lsd and may of 2002 on mushrooms and i took lsd for the first time last saturday since then. My trip went absolutely amazing i felt soo good the whole time and the next day i still had a slight afterglow and felt mentally rejuvinated.

My advice is take some months off before tripping again.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
Loc: Southern TX
    #2047441 - 10/27/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have this problem when I consume lower doses.. which is why ill only shroom if I have a large amount to begin with.

Smoking some bud does help though

--------------------
The only thing permanent is change.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: Cheebatoke]
    #2049831 - 10/28/03 05:41 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I can relate

my first year or so tripping was amazing. beautiful, divine, exciting, curious, magical. i always felt like I was on the verge of the most intense wave that life had to offer.

dunno what happened after that exactly, but the rest of my life really caught up with me and things began to go downhill fast. tripping turned into a desperate escape from the real world that i didn't know how to deal with... had never learned to deal with.
so the trips began leaving me with this awful terrible empty lonesome feeling. it would be fun for a little while and then I'd just drop into this hole and I'd be like "what the fuck am i doing... sitting here on drugs... this is bullshit" always having this overwhelming feeling like I wasn't where I should be... my thoughts were being revealed as the prison that they had become.

needless to say that I am done tripping. i think one phase per lifetime is plenty enough for this brain.

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2051137 - 10/28/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I understand what you mean, Kevin.

My recent trips are like this.

I view my newly acquired negative nature on psychedelics (haven't done 'Shrooms yet) as a new type of egoloss. It's like my ego is fighting more than ever against potential egoloss, and the only way for egoloss to take over is by crushing my ego with very depressing and negative thoughts...until I have no choice except to let go.

I must admit I like at least a little bit of negativity in my trips. I guess because it helps me see what areas in my life I need to work on...

Anyways, good luck with your future 'Shroom trips.

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: Darkcloud]
    #2118054 - 11/17/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

this happens to me with marijuana. its why i quit. nobody seems to understand it though. its like, a really strong depressive daze that lasts in me a few days after i smoke. i went 2 months without smoking and i felt the best i had in a long time. i guess im done smoking now, unless i feel it is okay occasionally, but im still contemplating.

i know, it sounds pitiful, but its true

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: abhi]
    #2118564 - 11/17/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

haven't tripped in year, gonna go on another rampage in a few weeks. Can you woowoowoo?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: downforpot]
    #2125922 - 11/20/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Tremor im with you on that dude. The thing is it's all about your mood when you take them. That deterimines how your trip will be. I have been going through hard times for the past year and seems like everytime I take them they do exactly what you described to me. And I regret doing them. They really make you open your eyes and see a lot of improvments you can make to yourself and your life. It's makes me think much more clearier. If you ever wanna talk man pm me bro.

DatDank

InvisiblePenroc3
hypno toad
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #2127022 - 11/21/03 10:10 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i am pretty shure this happens to alot of people..... i know it happens to me.....i usaly trip once a month....it bothers me when it happens but im also happy at the same time.....it relly lets me look at all the bad stuff in my life...i keep a positave mind set toards the negitave thoughts if that makes any sence...but i also know that teh thoughts can be overwhelming and consuming at the same time...take a break try to change if you want to....but i bet the break will help you alot...

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: Penroc3]
    #2127082 - 11/21/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmmm, I always figured that seeing the downside was what made the drugs therapeutic. Normally everyone around the world who has anything sets up some great set of myness that excludes everyone else. People get cliquish at the drop of a dime. Everyone excludes from their awareness everything that they fear. The problem with this is that then people never confront the real situation on earth which for the most part is 5 billion starving, suffering people, and decimated animal and plant populations and so much other horrible stuff that really there is no excuse for not at least sharing in the depression at least a little to keep one from getting really detached and high on their own little fishbowl of thinking. Hallucinogens should be used for insight.

For instance, upon tripping I realized I wasn't quite as supportive of my wife during her flu as I should have been, this made me strive harder, lazy as I normally am, to help her, and so a good outcome was had by all. This is the suffering, and benefit of our drug high, that we can see through to the real. All the euphoria is actually like the anesthetic so that we can get to drilling out the cavity.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: eve69]
    #2127264 - 11/21/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I read the first few posts and am at a tech job right now so don't have time to read all so if this was already mentioned--sorry. I felt the same way for a while, not only with shrooms, but with drugs-alcohol altogether. I dont drink anymore but I love pot and psychadelics soo much that I did'nt want to quit. My depression was triggered by the fact that I got nothing done in the time I was under the influence. Like I was just wasting away my life and did'nt want to wake up 20 years down the line in the same state I was in now. When I smoked pot, I usually would just sit on the couch and laugh at southpark for a while before I passed out....PSychadelics I would just run around my house or wherever I was and have fun but be unproductive and in the end, become depressed. I enjoy psychadelics and pot now very much more than I used too but instead of doing nothing while tripping, I now use this drug as a tool to expand your mind in whatever field you are in. Shrooming really puts a nice twist on the music and art I am attempting to create. Use shrooms as an inspiring method too trigger your creative mind. I love when I have some awesome tracks laid down or a nice piece of artwork done when the drugs begin to wear off. It's kind of rewarding for me to know I used this drug to its maximum benefit. Good luck in whatever you decide and remeber...you can never go wrong in going sober for a while.
Peace, Orizon

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooming Depresses Me... [Re: orizon]
    #2127933 - 11/21/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Stress = bad trips.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2128561 - 11/21/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

OK... everybody who hasn't read The Psychadelic Experience, run, don't walk to the bookstore and get yourself a copy.

It is a guidebook for trippers. It is written by the pHd. who made psychadelics famous.

He talks about all the phases of a trip and gives you tools to navigate them.

Shrooming won't depress you if you know how to trip.

Often (ie: very often), in the later stages of a trip, as your ego returns, you feel very guilty. If you buy into these feelings, your trip will leave a bad aftertaste. Often for weeks on end... just like a good trip leaves you with a good feeling.

Does anybody remember "The Greatest American Hero"? It was a tv show about a man who bacame a superhero but he didn't know how to use his powers because he lost the instructions.

This is how many trippers can feel.

It amazes me how little some mycologists know about tripping... for all the time spent studying growing.

You can do amazing things if you learn to go with the flow of a trip instead of clinging to lost visions and bliss.

Anyway, I'm not saying you don't need time off. Just spend some of that time studying up for your next trip. You'll be thrilled with the results.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order