Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Declining Support for Bush [Re: sloluva]
    #604174 - 04/10/02 10:03 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Declining Support for Bush [Re: Innvertigo]
    #604175 - 04/10/02 10:04 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

So where did you find that propaganda: The indians are in favor of drilling.

I have many contacts within the international nonprofit indian community, the same contacts who preach against the gold and oil mining in Arizona, preach against this drilling in Alaska.

So you have been to Corpus Christi then? Will you not admit, that it is the biggest shithole that are envornomental policty ever shitted. The marine ecosytstem is fucked, overpopulated jellyfish, toxic fish, and the air is toxic to breath inside Corpus Christi. I will give you that the country side around texas is good, and there are some nice rivers and ranches still going around, but I do belive that mile long concrete bulkheads, is not a good plan for a coastline. Concrete bulkheads will seriously disrupt the ecosystem. This is why in some states they have opted for the more expensive rock bulkheads, and made wooden and concrete bulkheads against the law. I don't know exactly how much coastline is made up of concrete bulkhead, but from what I saw in Corpus Christi, it stretchs as far as the eye can see. Also let's not forget How Bush's economic policy with dumping waste in The Gulf of Mexico, will certainly destroy the ecosystem there. I'm sorry, but trillions of gallons of waste being pumped into the ocean, will surey affect it, no matter what expensive envirnomental lawyer has conned you into thinking otherwise. Also there is no such concept as federal land in Alaska, unless you believe in the policy are country has opted for against the indians. Which is fine everbody has the capacity to believe in evil, and everbody has the capacity to repent.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Declining Support for Bush [Re: nugsarenice]
    #604178 - 04/10/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Some more information on the purpose of Bulkheads and the effects.

Why exactly do we construct bulkheads again? To make the coastline look pretty?
This is unawnserable from me.

Effects, pollution, which can be filtered is not. Natural ways of pollution being filtered by our ecosystem depend on the ecosystem. It requires bacteria, and small animal and plant life native to the shore. If these are not present, then the plants die, when the plantss die. The coastline becomes a big 20 foot deep sewage mud bottom. That means when you go swimming there will be a nice floating skizzz on the surfact which will smeall like shit, and leave you smelling like shit. You will not be able to walk on the bottom, because it is all mud, there are no plants and life to sustain a good healthy sea bottom. Thus creating this sea landfill which cannot be repaired. Also, this sewage will eventually try to sink into the earth, which is what we want it to do. Go fertilize some inner crust. But because the sea bottom is just a thick layer of mud/sewage, anytime a boat drives by the sewage gets washed afresh into the water.

Invisiblesloluva

Loc: Ohio
Re: Declining Support for Bush [Re: ]
    #604206 - 04/10/02 10:57 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

"Politics are about power; we cannot evade that truth or its consequences. We dream of a better world but it is in Utopia - that is, nowhere."

- Denis William Brogan

Anonymous

#604235 - 04/10/02 11:35 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I propose we put diapers on fish, those bastards don't care who's drinking water they're pissing and shitting in, not to mention they squirt their love juices in it.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Declining Support for Bush [Re: ]
    #604243 - 04/10/02 11:49 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ha,

Rather we invent a genetic mutant fish that eats pollution. and all the other infected fish. It's just that easy to fix pollution don't you understand!

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #604252 - 04/10/02 12:06 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

lol, you'd think the right wing fundementalist christians would like that sort of thing....after all its "gods plan". i know they want to follow in gods footsteps and whatnot, but dumping millions of tons of sewage into the ocean isnt quite the same.

Invertigo, HAHAH, jut like a true republican. Write half of what i said and respond to the parts leading up to the point, rather then the point itself. Just leave out minor details....like the end of the sentance. BTW, you did that in 10 out of 12 of your responses. Since your copying and pasting anyway, you might as well paste my point in its entirety, and respond to that rather that the sentance fragments you find easier to reply to.....Or maybe you should run for office, cuz "accidentally" missing the point of a question, and then responding to the part you want to respond to, is half the battle...

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Anonymous

#604309 - 04/10/02 12:50 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I think you're on to something, but I'm gonna run with it and say that we genetically engineer humans to only produce methane gas as waste. Then, whenever they sit in a car a pipe will slide up their ass and collect the gas which will then be used to power their vehicles. Methane will burn much cleaner, producing only CO2 and water vapor.

People could gas up by eating at beaneries. Legumes will be the crop of choice.

Utopia.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #604437 - 04/10/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

***I have many contacts within the international nonprofit indian community, the same contacts who preach against the gold and oil mining in Arizona, preach against this drilling in Alaska.****

When i used the word natives i meant "Alaskans" and what difference does it make if a bunch of indians from Arizona don't like it. Apparantly the Alaskans do. These contacts that you have wouldn't happen to be the same one that you "have" in the banking world is it?

****So you have been to Corpus Christi then? ****

No i haven't..spent most of my time in Dallas...

****that it is the biggest shithole that are envornomental policty ever shitted. The marine ecosytstem is fucked, overpopulated jellyfish, toxic fish, and the air is toxic to breath inside Corpus Christi****

Been to Gary, Indiana?

****I will give you that the country side around texas is good, and there are some nice rivers and ranches still going around, but I do belive that mile long concrete bulkheads, is not a good plan for a coastline. Concrete bulkheads will seriously disrupt the ecosystem. ****

How? Concrete is made up of sand, aggregate, water, and cement..all natural.

***but trillions of gallons of waste being pumped into the ocean, will surey affect it, no matter what expensive envirnomental lawyer has conned you into thinking otherwise. ***

I agree...but what was Ma Richards doing for the environment before bush got there? I'm sure Corpus Christi was i nice clean place. Let me assure you that i think it's pathetic that company's are allowed to dump waste into the water but the blame game isn't on one individual nor one party.

****Also there is no such concept as federal land in Alaska, unless you believe in the policy are country has opted for against the indians. ****

Yes there is a concept...you just choose not to deal with a reality that you don't agree with...you have that right

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Declining Support for Bush [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #604451 - 04/10/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

****Invertigo, HAHAH, jut like a true republican. ***

I'm a libertarian, so you are mistaken

****Write half of what i said and respond to the parts leading up to the point, rather then the point itself****

There was a point? 

****Just leave out minor details....like the end of the sentance*****

Feel free to ask me anything you want but i guarentee i'll answer it however i choose to respond to flashoods that you state.  Just about every one of your examples was wrong.  I can't find a point if it's hidden behind absurd accusations..sorry

****BTW, you did that in 10 out of 12 of your responses. Since your copying and pasting anyway, you might as well paste my point in its entirety, and respond to that rather that the sentance fragments you find easier to reply to****

damn i must have missed 2..oh well.  when you find your point please feel free to post it again.  This time try not to hide it behind lies.

****Or maybe you should run for office, cuz "accidentally" missing the point of a question, and then responding to the part you want to respond to, is half the battle****

apparantly it's the whole battle because your point still alludes us....

:smile:Liberals...pointless for 225 years:)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #604548 - 04/10/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Invertigo-
OK, heres one example...

I said: Lets just hope we find Bin Laden and come to a stopping point with this "war on terror" so we can all be happy and avenged. Then Bush wont have anything left to use as political muscle in the next election, people will see that causing death is all he did effectivley, and we can move on to better phase in american politics, and start moving in a foward motion again.

You replied: ****Lets just hope we find Bin Laden and come to a stopping point with this "war on terror" so we can all be happy and avenged***

*Bin Laden will not end the terrorist hunt*

The point is(in a sort of satire like fashion) that the whole country hates bin laden, the whole country thinks he was responsible, SO when he is caught/killed, the whole country will lose a a large portion of their intrest in this whole big "war on terror"  because they think hes the mastermind, and he is being punished. They will resort back to worrying about domestic issues, instead of the impending doom we face and bushes violent rampage that will "save us all" ..."the war on intelligence" as i see it. Once people start thinking about domestic issues rather than revenge, bushes popularity will most likely plummit, because hes a poor domestic leader. The phrase "so we can all be happy and avenged" is obviously a sarcastic comment refering to the general thought process of the average american...

In a nutshell, once bush brings a little closure to this whole rampage hes on(which might not happen anytime soon seeing how he tried to incite a military campaign against his imaginary evil axis) people will want domestic issues solved, he wont be able to handle it, and people will see how shitty of a leader he really is, his polls will plummet, and with any luck, someone else will be the next president...

Since you will say "its all a lie!" heres some evidence...
Evidence of bushes heavy heavy dependency on this war is the state of union adress, did ya see this one? Where the first 20 minutes were about the war, actually i think this is where he start talk of the "evil axis" then in the middle for 10 minutes...a little blip about the domestic issues, then back to 20 more minutes about the war on terror so he could finish strong! lol its so fucking obvious, his support is dervied from causing death and misery "in the name of justice"

get my point?

If your going to force me to talk like i'm explaing something to a 3rd grader i'm not gonna even waste my time talking to you, i dont have the time or the desire to explain this all in 3rd grader talk.  in addition to that, i think you political perception is somewhat jaded, of course, thats why debating with you is fun :smile:

Lets just agree to diagree that Bush is the worst thing to come into the political arena since nixon....or reagan..thats a tough call.

Anyway, DID you get the point? cuz you seemed to think i was talking about ending the war or something before....

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Declining Support for Bush [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #604655 - 04/10/02 06:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

****The point is(in a sort of satire like fashion) that the whole country hates bin laden, the whole country thinks he was responsible, SO when he is caught/killed, the whole country will lose a a large portion of their intrest in this whole big "war on terror" because they think hes the mastermind,...yadda yadda yadda****

I knew what you meant and i can only speak for myself when i say this.

1. It's not revenge, it's retaliation...
2. I say again Bin Ladin is not the only target
3. Bush may lose popularity as he has with me already just as any war time president will
4. As far as domestic issues are concerned I will agree that he is lacking, however not for the same reasons as you post. I believe he should persue drilling in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico, Work on making school vouchers a reality, and reducing socialized programs that do nothing but make people dependant on govt programs.

I realize you'd like me to comment on every single word but i won't because my posts would be a mile long and to be quite honest with you some things stated either don't deserve a response or a response isn't needed.

****In a nutshell, once bush brings a little closure to this whole rampage hes on(which might not happen anytime soon seeing how he tried to incite a military campaign against his imaginary evil axis) people will want domestic issues solved....yadda yadda yadda****

You'd have to be Naive if you think these countrys aren't evil. I don't want domestic topics solved after the war i want them now and it has become apparant that the Libbies are stopping everything that goes to the senate. You'd have to admit at least that much..it really isn't a secret.

****he wont be able to handle it, and people will see how shitty of a leader he really is, his polls will plummet, and with any luck, someone else will be the next president... ****

If he doesn't stick to what he promised i will agree with you...however i would much rather have a conservative in office then a libbie...libbies don't think, they just feel. Personally i'd like to see a "real" 3rd party candidate

****Since you will say "its all a lie!" heres some evidence... ....Evidence of bushes heavy heavy dependency on this war .......yadda yadda yadda..............."in the name of justice" *****

Now you're beginning to argue with yourself, to be fair the 9-11 attacks were fresh on everyone'mind during the state of the union address, i'm sure it was on your's as well.

****If your going to force me to talk like i'm explaing something to a 3rd grader i'm not gonna even waste my time talking to you, i dont have the time or the desire to explain this all in 3rd grader talk. in addition to that, i think you political perception is somewhat jaded, of course, thats why debating with you is fun ****

Are you even debating? Look back at your first post, your accusations are backed by a heaping pile of BS. A third grader would know that..too bad you can't. You put 90% false info in a post then make a small point then can't understand why people don't talk about the 10%. I post the way i do to make it painfully obvious to the average third grader how rediculus or valid a point is...however you have problems when people question your BS.

****Lets just agree to diagree that Bush is the worst thing to come into the political arena since nixon....or reagan..thats a tough call.****

Theres the difference between logical thinkers and yourself. Just because i don't agree with 100% of what someone says doesn't mean he/she is a bad leader. Sounds like you're a tad close-minded, no surprise, most liberals are. As for Reagan being a bad president, i really think you need to reevaluated how you judge leaders, because you are obviously ignorant to those in leadership positions.

****Anyway, DID you get the point? cuz you seemed to think i was talking about ending the war or something before....****

What about the 90% BS in the beginning of your post?..care to back that up?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #604672 - 04/10/02 07:10 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yes actually these are contacts are like my contacts within the World Bank. I have met and talked with them. Have you? Have you been inside the World Bank? If not I doubt you have even seen a diplomat. My sources about the gold and oil mining come directly from a webpage designed by the indians there to spread information about this subject you probraly don't anything about. I am meeting with an indian from new mexico soon , in person, so maybe I can update you with some real word of the mouth information from around the area. Also my brother just returned from Alaska, so I know a little about the indians there. They are trying to thrive on an economy of leather slippers, because they obviously can't eat any of the fish there now. A CHEIF SOURCE OF FOOD FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS. What happened to it you ask? Oh, that big ass oil spill. yummy fish!
No, I have'nt been to Gary, Indian, what does that have to do with what we were talking about? Is the population bad there? I mean pollution.. Sorry.

Also, with bulkheads the problem is';nt in the materials, it is in the construction, do you even know what a bulkhead is? It is a concrete wall built into the shoreline. When this happens sediment stops washing ashore, plus the land/water ecosystem is destroyed. I don't know all the specifics, but I have seen the effects in the tributaries of the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland, where the descriptions of waste water I described exist! I have had to work in this water before, building the new kind of legal bulkhead. Which is a giant tarp thrown over the shore, then big rocks are piled onto the tarp. Which gives a little more leeway for insects and birds to come ashore, But still the plant life is fucked up, you know shoreline plants! Fish food, actually just insect food, but insect food is fish food you see!
This kind of little change can seriously change a ecosystem.

"blame game isn't on one individual nor one party" OK, now this is'nt pretty ignorant and undemocratic of you. You say that we cannot change these types of events, But in fact we can, we can vote for a party with a strong pollution policy, such as The Green Party, who by example, who come from a country with a very strong pollution policy, but you can ask my great uncle who has sailed through all these islands, in fact, all of the world, except a couple places. That pollution has left alot of evidence. And alot of illegal commercial dumping is still going on. So an example of what Bush could do, is make pollution laws tighter, with higher fines, and have the coast guard expanded greatly, until the problem is solved. He also could have made bulkheads illegal in Texas, and made his State a non toxic/pollution waste carry point, Which means that no trucks with pollution can pass through texas to mexico, they will have to go a differnt way, make it clear that the state does not support this dumping.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#605116 - 04/11/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

****Yes actually these are contacts are like my contacts within the World Bank. I have met and talked with them. Have you? Have you been inside the World Bank? If not I doubt you have even seen a diplomat. ****

Do you remember our inflation debate?  Do you really want me to bring back that thread an bring up what your "friends" at the world bank suggested? and what does knowing a diplomat supposed to prove or unprove?  I know a couple of professional hockey players, does that make me an expert in hockey?;)

***My sources about the gold and oil mining come directly from a webpage designed by the indians there to spread information about this subject you probraly don't anything about. ****

You're assuming again, not a smart thing to do because you are basing ALL your knowledge on a website with an agenda, be it a good one or misguided.

***I am meeting with an indian from new mexico soon , in person, so maybe I can update you with some real word of the mouth information from around the area. ****

What will he know about Alaska?  Just because someone is an indian doesn't make him/her an expert on the Alaskan wilderness.

****Also my brother just returned from Alaska, so I know a little about the indians there.****

I've been to Alaska as well...i'm now an expert

****A CHEIF SOURCE OF FOOD FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS****

I hate to split hairs but the indians weren't around millions of years ago....let alone man

****No, I have'nt been to Gary, Indian, what does that have to do with what we were talking about? Is the population bad there? I mean pollution.. Sorry.*****

I was making a point that the pollution can't be blamed on just one person and corpus christi is not the only one of many cities that are disgusting...and yes Gary, Ind. smells like ASS.

****Also, with bulkheads the problem is';nt in the materials, it is in the construction, do you even know what a bulkhead is? ***

Yes i know what a bulkhead is, it's a retaining wall along a waterfront.

**** I have had to work in this water before, building the new kind of legal bulkhead. Which is a giant tarp thrown over the shore, then big rocks are piled onto the tarp****

I've seen them before but it was more like a big net.  Don't get me wrong i believe in keeping the environment clean (as does about 99% of the world) but that does not mean that we should never look for natural resources.

****This kind of little change can seriously change a ecosystem. ****

this is not an excuse but nature has had a remarkable ability to overcome and adapt

****"blame game isn't on one individual nor one party" OK, now this is'nt pretty ignorant and undemocratic of you. ****

I'll be honest with you, i don't understand what this means

****You say that we cannot change these types of events, But in fact we can, we can vote for a party with a strong pollution policy, such as The Green Party****

I never said we CAN'T change these events, but if you think that voting for one party over the other will fix the environment you are sadly mistaken..the republicrates and the Libbies are the same thing.  There is more then the environment that needs to be considered when choosing a party...the Green party is not the answer but is a good start.

****but you can ask my great uncle who has sailed through all these islands, in fact, all of the world, except a couple places. That pollution has left alot of evidence.****

I live in the Great Lakes area, i see the same, however who's fault is it?

****And alot of illegal commercial dumping is still going on. So an example of what Bush could do, is make pollution laws tighter, with higher fines, and have the coast guard expanded greatly****

Wouldn't it make more sense if they would enforce those laws on the books?  making new laws will have no effect (sounds like the Gun Control debate).  I agree that if companies illegally dumb they shouldn't be fined but be put out of business.

****He also could have made bulkheads illegal in Texas, and made his State a non toxic/pollution waste carry point, Which means that no trucks with pollution can pass through texas to mexico, they will have to go a differnt way, make it clear that the state does not support this dumping.

No offense but the bulkheads are not a priority in texas or any other state that borders the water.  As far as the pollution law you bring up, in Michigan they just ended the dumping of Canadian trash in Michigan landfills.  This had been going on for a long time and contaminated our landfills.  Since it has now stopped are you ready to give the republican Governor John Engler the credit?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #605209 - 04/11/02 09:42 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sorry, but what my friends at the world banks suggested is based on a policty instituted in a country that is not examined by our economic policy and research at the world bank. Controlled currency exchange, like in China, they have the value of the american dollar, however the government instituted a system where they forced their citizens to give 8 to 1 exchange on the dollar. So does this help their economy, no, does it help immigrants with exchange rates lower? Yes. If the united states instituted a policy like this inside the u.s., would it help the average us. citizen to be more wealthy? NO, not at all, would it fight world poverty and hunger, yes. So where does your faith lye. You may say, this policy is bullshit, the chinese citizens hate it, and are unbeliavablly poor, so what is the awnser, the awnser is for u.s. citizens to help chinese citizens, the second world, behind the u.s., not in population, but in farmland, come into america, the promised land, the land of unequal food producing potential. Our economy is not only strong because of oil, but because of food. We never have to import food. We never have to awnser to another countries economic policy, towards imports, unless we want to.

Inflation, you disagree with my opinion, but you cannot argue against my graph, that is an accurate show of what inflation will do. Now, you tell me, that I am stupid in favor of inflation, but inadveratnly I am causing inflation. By supporting the bush presidency and his lowering of interest rates. thus causing inflation, correct?

Maybe one day I will understand the connection between economic policy and inflation.

Also, you probraly know some inside things about the hocky league that I don't, right, so you can now admit that I know things about the world bank you do not.

My meeting with this indian is stricly friendship, that I might bring up new mexico indian opinion on government / commercial land mining on thier land, just might happen. I wonder what he will say. This is an econmic boom for our population, fuck the endangered sand turtle. Which might he? I guess we will find out.

The alaskan indians cannot eat the fish, so they have to make the only thing they know how to, ugly indian like leather slippers. Could you survive on a food import based economy like this. This is probraly the main reason they are against oil exploration, because it will lead to oil drilling, and more commercial shipping in the area. which means more risk threatening disasters to their way of life.

Also, when did you become a history specialist. There are history record you probraly do not know of, that exist in other cultures. For example the ancient russian records, of russian/alaskan indian trade, which are available to study, to person's of non government affiliation and who can speak and read russian. My friend is studying them as we speak. Maybe one day I will meet him again and give you a more accurate account of the alaskan indians history.

You say we need to enforce the laws, but what is keeping them from being enforced, corrupt government officials. Even the coast guard is not responsible for their own actions. Everyone know that military has a chain of command. The coast guard does not have their own sattelite monitering system, but if they did, would they be albe to battle this illegal dumping, Yes. Why don't they, becasue of the power, power can get bribes, so where does the power lye. In the DEA, or some other agency that has officials appointed from the republican or democratic parties, who get the turn of bribes after the DEA is done with them. You ask can pollution companies actually afford to bribe people. Yes, These companies get huge government subsidies to properly dispose of the garbage, do they just ignore them, and keep the money themself, I guess so, since the pollution is evident in outer islands and sand bars.

I guess the Michigen politicians finally decided to let the lakes live, if noone could fish there, i'm sure noone would want to live there, thus creating a less tax revenue for them to steal. Is this the type of policy and morals you like. Or would you rather we never began to dump, and never even began to take bribes. The green party has never supported any war, or dumping whatsoever. and has no record of taking bribes, even hard or soft money. So does this mean they have higher morals as politicians. I guess so, they are the only party to keep it real, and continue smoking at the cost of them going to jail, only because the know the laws are stupid, and need change, do you change them by showing or by bullshitting. What do you think.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#605765 - 04/11/02 08:25 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

****So does this help their economy, no, does it help immigrants with exchange rates lower? Yes****

This doesn't make sense, why would a country go into a recession with massive inflation just to give others a favorable exchange rate?

****f the united states instituted a policy like this inside the u.s., would it help the average us. citizen to be more wealthy? NO, not at all, would it fight world poverty and hunger, yes. So where does your faith lye.****

This would not fight poverty because the US dollar would be devalued and the costs will be directed to the purchasers. IE: those that are in poverty. The same goes for the old minimum wage argument, if we raise the minimum wage to $10.00 and hour then those on the lower scale will have a living wage...WRONG!! The product being made, be it pizzas or cars will rise accordingly and we will be in the same place we were when the minimum wage was $3.35.

My faith falls not on your suggestion rather on a market driven pay wage...

****We never have to import food. We never have to awnser to another countries economic policy, towards imports, unless we want to. ****

We do import food into the United states...quite a bit actually,(sugar, bannanas, rice, flour, meat..etc.) however i see your point but am still lost as to what it solves if anything.

****Inflation, you disagree with my opinion, but you cannot argue against my graph, that is an accurate show of what inflation will do.****

I don't remember your graph but if memory serves me the whole idea, graph and all, was greatly flawed

****Now, you tell me, that I am stupid in favor of inflation, but inadveratnly I am causing inflation. By supporting the bush presidency and his lowering of interest rates. thus causing inflation, correct? *****

I never said you were stupid, i said your ideas were flawed by someone who needs to stay out of the world bank. The president, by the way, doesn't lower interest rates...talk to greenspan.

For the record i don't find you stupid..just curious.

****Maybe one day I will understand the connection between economic policy and inflation.***

Quick lesson:

A car cost $1000 (let's say $100 profit) you make $100 (minimum wage) the government mandates a raise to $200 therefor that $1000 car that took $900 (lets say labor costs for the sake of argument) to build with a $100 profit will now cost $2000 ($1800 labor and $200 profit). The numbers are a little rough but i hope you get my point. You are no further to your goal of purchasing the $2000 car as you were the $1000 car.

i'll address the rest tommarrow..i gotta go peace

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #605819 - 04/11/02 09:32 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

A country going into recession, with inflation coming, does not give immigrants a favorable exchange rate. It rather hurts them, because their dollar probraly stayed the same. And now it takes more of their own dollar to equal the american inflated one.

China is not in a recession, it rather has a global investment capitital steadily being raised by foreign investment, mostly poor americans, (rich by their standars 8-1 exchange) who are investing in their business. (10 percent just this year) Buying chinese goods, and creating trade. Although the chinese are not making good money, the concept is to do this steadily until the chinese economy grows with the goverment controlled dollar. thus, when their resources are fully traded, 2010 and beyond, they can force their dollar back to it's true worth, thus making them rich, and all the poor countries who have invested in them rich as well. Not american aristocrat type rich, but rather american lower lower lower class rich, which is'nt half bad! right? But these are all theories, war, and corruption can effect these plans dramatically. You probraly have a better opinion being an
economist.

A theory like controlled exchange, is completely oppsite then controlled wage, so you cannot compare the two. I suggest you directly argue how controlled wage creates inflation. It may, I don't know.

And if our government tried to change minimum wage, noone would listen, everyone would disobey, and more people would start working under the table. Have'nt you at one time in your life? I have.

Our imports, are directly balanced on exports, so it is only normal trade, it is not dependant trade, China is like the little kid on the corner going to the only weed dealer on the street asking for a deal.

My graph showed how the interest rates will create more money in the pocket of americans now, and will steadily increase, until the comeback collapses. I forget my exact method of guesstimating, but I did it in my head, so feel free to argue with a better graph, that states how interest rates being lowered does not inflect inflation.

That was a nice little story, and your point is? And when has something like this happend to our economy? I doubt the people making the cars would do this, becasue then all us poor fuckers would'nt buy one. I know i have never been able to buy a car, but recently I have been dreaming of buying a honda motercycle. I'll update you on that one.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#607753 - 04/14/02 01:58 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

you don't understand inflation, do you?

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Declining Support for Bush [Re: felix]
    #607797 - 04/14/02 03:13 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Do you?

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #610284 - 04/14/02 03:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I remember alot of talk about social security reform from republicans, stating that we should at least pay the people who paid into social securtiy. I don't ever remember the republican party having a platform of eliminating social security. Is this part of their platform, and would they actually do away with it, if a leader was elected under this platform, I doubt it.

What the hell is Fica. I thought I paid taxes, social security, and medicare. I did'nt know there was another great surprise waiting for me!

So what else contributes to inflation?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order