Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: Cornholio]
    #1862899 - 08/29/03 02:45 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

***Bitch-slaps lds*** 

Sorry man, I realize the truth hurts but hey.... whatcha gonna do?
:kiss:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1863217 - 08/29/03 04:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

***Bitch-slaps lds*** 

Sorry man, I realize the truth hurts but hey.... whatcha gonna do?
:kiss: 

Be satisfied with the fact that we're right and you're wrong. :wink:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1863573 - 08/29/03 07:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Should it ever happen, we can talk about it then.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1863692 - 08/29/03 08:16 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm... let me think... George Bush Jr, by any chance?

The man is taking away our freedoms and is leading the country for the pursuit of money for himself, his associates, and their campaign contributors. Time and time again this has been proven. There is really no regard towards the future of the U.S., it doesn't seem to matter to him.

Search for George Bush's Resume on here, it should help some.

I couldn't call George Bush a leader, by any means. He sort of fuels this propaganda push to get people to follow his cause.. People are misled into fighting for our freedom that really hasn't been threatened anymore than it ever has been, and in the pursuit of this continued "freedom", we have given up a lot of our actual freedom and many people have died to support his and others oil claims...

To say that Iraq was anything but oil and good publicity is far from the truth, I think. Too bad the good publicity aspect of the deal completely backfired... It must suck having almost 99% of the world, not including your own country, think you are a moron and on a path to ruining a once proud country...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1863727 - 08/29/03 08:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Just to clarify, are you a US citizen? Nice generalations and bogus claims in your post there.

Quote:

To say that Iraq was anything but oil and good publicity is far from the truth, I think

:rolleyes:

Quote:

It must suck having almost 99% of the world, not including your own country, think you are a moron and on a path to ruining a once proud country...[/quote

If it were remotely true it would suck I guess. Honestly though, a lot of us don't really care what the rest of the world thinks. We are doing what we are doing to protect ourselves and the rest of the world from murderers.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: shakta]
    #1863757 - 08/29/03 08:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
Just to clarify, are you a US citizen? Nice generalations and bogus claims in your post there.

Yes, I am a U.S. citizen, and seen the shit that has been happening in the country first hand, and I now have a good view from outside the system (been here for a month so far).

Generalizations happen when you don't have a lot of time to go indepth.. Are you saying that oil and public opinion have almost nothing to do with our involvement with Iraq?

Quote:

If it were remotely true it would suck I guess. Honestly though, a lot of us don't really care what the rest of the world thinks. We are doing what we are doing to protect ourselves and the rest of the world from murderers.

Well, it is remotely true, and a little more than remotely..

Obviously, a lot of America doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks, and that seems to be the problem...

And, if you think that Bush is truly motivated to protect everyone from the evil inherent in the dark shadows of the world, his propaganda and misleading have gotten you, too.. I can in no way think of Bush putting up the good fight, as the rest of the world really can't, either, and if he's the saviour of what is good, then there is no hope...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1863780 - 08/29/03 08:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Keep posting in here. This should be fun. :smile:

First of all, let's get to Iraq. The war was the result of Saddam not doing what the UN wanted him too. It became obvious that the UN was never going to get rid of him. I fully believe that if the Coalition had not decided to take care of him the UN never would have.

It is becoming clear that the man tried to play the world to keep himself in power. He would do just enough not to get removed. For example, letting the weapons inspectors in, and kicking them out. Then letting them in and not fully cooperating with them. After September 11th, the United States' tollerance for his behaviour became very small. He had been not doing what he was supposed to for 12 years. These tactics worked for him for 12 years, because he was never held accountable. The US's new attitude towards regimes like his, has definately hardened. He was a threat and he has been taken out.

The oil does have something to do with it. If he did not have the oil he would not be an important person, and would be of little harm to anyone. I would say that can be said of the whole region really. To claim that we went to war 'for the oil' and publicity is completely ridiculous. We are not stealing the Iraqis oil. It is being returned to them so they can benefit from it, instead of a murderous dictator. Sorry, but publicity as a reason for the war makes no sense at all. He already went to war and won and was very popular in the country. Iraq had nothing to do with publicity.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1863841 - 08/29/03 09:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
Keep posting in here. This should be fun. :smile:

It is becoming clear that the man tried to play the world to keep himself in power. He would do just enough not to get removed. For example, letting the weapons inspectors in, and kicking them out. Then letting them in and not fully cooperating with them. After September 11th, the United States' tollerance for his behaviour became very small. He had been not doing what he was supposed to for 12 years. These tactics worked for him for 12 years, because he was never held accountable. The US's new attitude towards regimes like his, has definately hardened. He was a threat and he has been taken out.

Saddam Hussein is obviously a smart man. He obviously seemed to have an attachment to staying in power. What he has done recently could have been predicted by ANYONE to lead to what it has, his removal of power. This, combined with how crafty this old fellow is, doesn't seem to add up...

There is obviously a lot that is going on that is under the surface, never exposed to the public, as it usually isn't. Saddam's actions that directly lead to his removal of power seem to contradict his thirst for power.. he doesn't seem like a man that would do anything to lead to his own death or removal of office... Something else is going on here.

What you are saying feels nice to believe, that everything that Bush has said is true and accounts for why we are involved.. Fighting the noble fight for terrorism for the good of the people and our freedom seems to be a good fight to jump aboard, does it not? How easy it must be for a man who is deeply connected with shady business men and shady practices to use that front for his own schemes...

When you look in the right places, and are not clouded by what has been purposely set up to cloud your vision, you can see some hideous truths..

And what I was referring to as a publicity stunt was Bush's involvement in Iraq. Using the word publicity isn't really defining, what I am referring to is his attempt to continue leading everyone to what he wants them to believe, and he has greatly overstepped and revealed himself and his intentions.. Where is our proof that he had and intended to use Weapons of Mass Destruction? It seems that the pursuit of those was our only justifiable reason to the world why we were going in...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1863852 - 08/29/03 09:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So you believe it is all a big conspiracy, huh? That's fine. I don't really feel like arguing the reasons for the war over again right now. I am going to smoke a blunt.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1863860 - 08/29/03 09:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
Nice generalations and bogus claims in your post there.

Which statements do you disagree with?

"The man is taking away our freedoms and is leading the country for the pursuit of money for himself, his associates, and their campaign contributors. Time and time again this has been proven. There is really no regard towards the future of the U.S., it doesn't seem to matter to him."

This one isn't even subject to debate anymore, is it?

"Search for George Bush's Resume on here, it should help some."

OUCH!  Low blow.  :lol:

"People are misled into fighting for our freedom that really hasn't been threatened anymore than it ever has been, and in the pursuit of this continued "freedom", we have given up a lot of our actual freedom and many people have died to support his and others oil claims... "

Is this what you disagree with?  Do you really think our very freedom was actually being threatened by the deadly Iraqi army? 

"It must suck having almost 99% of the world, not including your own country, think you are a moron and on a path to ruining a once proud country..."

Ok, this is probably the part you disagree with.  Since some people in Britain and Australia support Bush, maybe 95% would have been a more accurate number. 

Edit:  By the way, way to attack his "generalization" with an even bigger generalization (saying his claims were "bogus")

--------------------

Edited by Cornholio (08/29/03 09:30 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: Cornholio]
    #1863869 - 08/29/03 09:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well, a lot of British don't necessarily agree with it all, but Blair aims to please..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1863892 - 08/29/03 09:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I think 95% is a gross overestimation. I pretty much disagree with most of his post, as you know from arguing with me. :smile:

The generalization, and bogus claim is definately the 99% part. I also think the claim about him leading the country into ruin for personal gain is totally bogus as well.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1863902 - 08/29/03 09:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I find you yourself guilty of a lot of generalizations and lack of perception, but that is just my opinion.

What evidence do you have that a lot of the world actually does agree with Bush and what he is doing? Europe doesn't. That is a guaranteed. They sort of agree, but do not appreciate at all his blocking out their and, more importantly, the UN's involvement and their wishes.

The Middle East? Yeah, right.

Most of Asia stays out of it, keep to themselves, I think, although most are leftovers from the Soviet Union, China isn't on the best of terms, and of course the Koreans..

Basically, part of Britian, maybe Canada, and ISREAL. Whoo-hoo!
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1863912 - 08/29/03 09:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

People all over agree with us. Maybe not the majority in a lot of places, but they are out there. I would bet money that even 95% of Iraqis would be an over estimation.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #1863955 - 08/29/03 10:07 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

My penis is 3 feet long. Since you have no way to prove it isnt, it must be true. Untill you have undefinable evidence that it isnt 3 feet long you are wrong.

That is pretty much the logic you are using for your arguements. You make up a random statement and say that it must be true untill shak can prove it isnt. Obviously shak wont poll the world so he can never live up to your terms of proving it is false. You have made an unwinable arguement that is ultimatly wrong. I see to much of that here.

And all i see is another blind person dogmatically buying into the popular hate of bush this forums upholds.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineDeepDish
journeyman
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: d33p]
    #1864019 - 08/29/03 10:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Some random statement? A random statement portraying bush hate would run something like this: Bush's penis is 3 centimeters long and he hasn't been able to get it up for 20 years. Do a google search, there are a number of polls which support his evidence. Also if you read any foreign news or travel at all you would realize this is not some random statement.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: DeepDish]
    #1864220 - 08/29/03 11:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

LOL! I just did a Google search on Bush's penis size and came up with this site. Here's an exerpt from it:

CI Exclusive: Bush Trying To Make Up For Small Penis
Feb 24, 2003
In a CI exclusive we have discovered that George W Bush's penis is only half as long as Sadam's. It's belived that this is the real source of all the conflict between the two countries. According to sources at the World Penis Organization, all of the world leaders supporting armed conflict with Iraq have small penises. Conversely, nations that oppose war are governed by well hung men. In a related WPO statement the reason President Bush is not too concerned with the threats of North Korea is that their entire population has very tiny penises. The WPO is an international association tracking the penis size of many of the most important men in the world.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1864784 - 08/30/03 02:46 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"the entire world didn't hate us back then like they do now. "

ya they did, the media simply forgot to remind the people. After all most countries (except US) were well aware of what the us did and who they supported.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: IS BUSH THE WORST US PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME??? [Re: d33p]
    #1865122 - 08/30/03 07:02 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
My penis is 3 feet long. Since you have no way to prove it isnt, it must be true. Untill you have undefinable evidence that it isnt 3 feet long you are wrong.

That is pretty much the logic you are using for your arguements. You make up a random statement and say that it must be true untill shak can prove it isnt. Obviously shak wont poll the world so he can never live up to your terms of proving it is false. You have made an unwinable arguement that is ultimatly wrong. I see to much of that here.

And all i see is another blind person dogmatically buying into the popular hate of bush this forums upholds.

Hmm.. I was kind of thinking that blindly accepting everything that the media tells you to believe in America as the Truth is ignorant and dogmatic...

Going to the whole "can't prove me it wrong", CIRCULAR reasoning huh? We see a lot of that in Spirituality and Philsophy...

So, the world is our FRIENDS, then, and they just go around accepting what Bush is doing as the right thing? Hmm.. it isn't so hard to prove that wrong. Check this out, from KRT Wire (notice that this was back in February):

Quote:

Bush's image in Europe takes a negative turn
By FAWN VRAZO and DANIEL RUBIN
Knight Ridder Newspapers

LONDON - Even before he took office, Europeans regarded President Bush as a cowboy, a mental lightweight with an itchy trigger finger and a me-first view of the world.

Now, with war looming, Bush's image overseas is taking an even more negative shift - so negative, in fact, that recent polls say Bush is as big a threat as Saddam Hussein.

Smirks at the president's down-home style and supposed lack of intelligence have largely died down, to be replaced by fears that his push for war could hurt Europeans where they live - either because war will widen into world conflict or because it will provoke more terrorist attacks at home.

As Chris Martin, singer for the pop band Coldplay declared at the Brit music awards - the British Grammys_ last week: "We are all going to die when George Bush has his way."

The most recent European poll on attitudes toward Bush, done by the YouGov organization for the Sunday Times of London last weekend, found an equal number - 45 percent - regarded Bush and Saddam as the "greatest threat to world peace." Last month, a poll by Germany's independent Forsa polling agency found much the same: 38 percent thought Saddam was the greatest threat; 37 percent picked Bush.

In France's popular Paris Match magazine, a poll last week reported that 76 percent of those questioned had a bad opinion of Bush; only 15 percent liked him.

The same negative opinions are easy to find on any street in Europe, where the name George W. Bush often produces instant rancor.

Said Charalambos Theodoridis, 62, a Greek-born television storeowner in Berlin: "Every time I see him open his mouth on television I am in fear of what he will say. And it is always something about Iraq, war with Iraq, war with Saddam, ignoring everything else in the world."

The anti-Bush feelings have no immediate strategic influence, say military experts, because tens of thousands of U.S. and U.K. troops are already in place and poised for an invasion of Iraq. But Bush's lack of respect abroad makes it difficult for the president to convince ordinary Europeans of the need for war; in turn, European leaders feel pressured by anti-war majorities in their countries.

While Bush may not need Europe's help to wage war in Iraq, European support for the rebuilding of Iraq could be critical.

Still, it's not certain that war led by a more popular president would play any better here.

Henryk Broder, a pro-American writer for Der Spiegel in Germany, feels "it's America, not Bush, that is the problem for Europeans, although his preaching tone and limited capacities do make him an easier target." Europeans are worried, he said, by "the fact that America is demanding the leading role in the world. Another president would be blamed as much as Bush is blamed."

But few presidents have gotten off to such a bad start overseas as Bush. From the beginning, he was unpopular on several counts.

His administration's step-back from international treaties, from the Kyoto global warming accord to the anti-ballistic missile treaty, contributed to a view that the new U.S. president didn't care about the rest of the world.

His straight and simple speaking style also didn't play well with a European public that found Bill Clinton to be sophisticated and eloquent.

Bush's manner of speaking "is rather strange to a British audience," said Rodney Barker, professor of government at the London School of Economics. "It's as if he doesn't speak a whole paragraph. He says a sentence. And then pauses. And then another sentence &#8230; as if each sentence were a self-contained little speech."

More upsetting have been Bush's frequent religious references - especially in parts of Europe that are barely religious anymore. In many recent European conflicts, from Northern Ireland to Kosovo, religious differences played the main role, as they did in many earlier European wars.

With war with Iraq on the horizon, religious talk from a U.S. president is raising fears of a religious crusade _a word, many here remember, that Bush once used to describe the war on terrorism.

"For world-weary Europe, the presidential language evokes mirth and queasiness in equal measure," wrote Rupert Cornwell in Britain's Independent newspaper. "A European leader who spoke in such terms would be laughed off the stage. An American one who speaks this way only increases the fear that simplicities of faith, and a habit of seeing a hideously complicated world in a black-and-white, good-and-evil fashion, are a recipe for disaster."

"George Bush is not an idiot," said commentator Christian Boltanski in France's Le Monde newspaper, "but he is convinced he is inspired by God and he is dangerous."

Bush is hardly the first U.S. president to be unpopular here.

"Ronald Reagan was very unpopular in Europe - seen as very narrow, very insular," said University of Keele lecturer John Dumbrell, author of the 2001 book "A Special Relationship: Anglo-American relations in the cold war and after."

Reagan was most unpopular when NATO - at Germany's request - introduced a plan to deploy cruise missiles in England and throughout western Europe, provoking large protest marches. At that time, Reagan's unpopularity seemed driven by the fact that Europeans were worried that his policies could trigger a nuclear war - just as many worry now that Bush's war plans could hurt them at home.

In another recent YouGov poll, 49 percent of Britons thought it likely that Britain's cooperation in a war against Iraq would increase terrorist attacks in Britain. Respondents had more fears about terrorist attacks or about the war spreading to the Middle East than they did about deaths of Iraqi civilians or British troops.

As negative as Bush's ratings are overseas, a silver lining for his administration is that he is less often dismissed as a leader without intellect.

His drive for war has meant that "he's not characterized as dumb as much as he used to be," observed Julie Smith, head of the European program for the Royal Institute of International Affairs think tank in London. "All of a sudden, people might say he's dangerous. But they're not saying he's a clot." A fool, that is.

(Vrazo reported from London, Rubin from Berlin. Knight Ridder Newspapers correspondents Andrea Gerlin in London and Ken Dilanian in Rome contributed to this report.)

And this was before he had justified his war if evidence that there were Weapons of Mass Destruction there, and none have turned up so far.. Saddam is still alive, just like Osama Bin Ladin. As Saddam has always did what he could do to stay in power, stay alive, and try to make the U.S. look bad, there must have been a reason he prompted the war..

And it is true. Most everyone (95% is pretty accurate) regard Bush as a direct threat to world peace and a deadly threat. It is seen that he is onlyy promoting his own agenda and will bring on a lot of bad things..

Not realizing what is really going on around you, especially on a world wide scale, is definitely what I call ignorant... what makes you offer your unwavering support of Bush?
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1865124 - 08/30/03 07:05 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Check this out.. It is a satire of George Bush's resume. Notice it as been posted on an Australian Politics website..

I'll keep digging..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion