Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Clairvoyance / Remote Viewing Test ends tonight
    #565648 - 02/28/02 09:22 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

No surprise that no one even got close. So much for mystic mind powers; lots of wrong guesses and excuses as to why everyone failed, but the proof as they say "is in the pudding". If anyone is interested I will post a picture of the object. Any wonder why the Swam is a hardcore skeptic?

Is anyone up for the equally doomed-to-failure astrology test?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Re: Clairvoyance / Remote Viewing Test ends tonight [Re: Swami]
    #565691 - 02/28/02 10:02 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

So because nobody on the Shroomery message boards is able to do it, that means it is not possible? There were approx. 600 views of your thread(obviously multiple views by the same person too), how many people in the world, or in the US, or in the state of Rhode Island for that matter. If someone were capable of it, I'm sure they would have better uses than trying to disprove a self-proclaimed skeptic. Besides, do you go to the grocery store to look for a doctor?

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Clairvoyance / Remote Viewing Test ends tonight [Re: Olgualion]
    #565713 - 02/28/02 10:38 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

So because nobody on the Shroomery message boards is able to do it, that means it is not possible?
We shall cover this issue for the umpteenth time. I guess some people thrive on redundancy. NO ONE CAN DISPROVE A NEGATIVE. This is a fact of logic, yet believers use this to mean something special. Try to understand the concept. If 10 billion people fail that does not prove that it cannot be done, however it does point to the unlikelihood of the phenomenom.

I'm sure they would have better uses than trying to disprove a self-proclaimed skeptic.
Yes, like bilking money out of some wide-eyed believer who is ripe for the picking a la Ms. Cleo or Jon Edwards... A "real" phenomena will work regardless of the opinion of the observer. Only "non-real" phenomena require a willing and gullible subject.

Besides, do you go to the grocery store to look for a doctor?
Huh? Methinks you failed Analogy 101. But if I was in a grocery store and having medical trouble, if conscious I would ask for some proof of someone claiming to be an MD before accepting treatment.

People here made claims, I did not go looking for them. I merely asked them to back them up, which of course, they could not.

--------------------

Anonymous

#565741 - 02/28/02 11:11 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You're funny

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
    #565743 - 02/28/02 11:13 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I am taking a unbiased approach to this.  I am not letting my personal feelings on the matter get in the way(not that I have much on this subject anyway).  I am therefore just stating the fact that you cannot disprove it.  I am not arguing so much as trying to keep an open mind to all of the possibilities.  Everybody needs to be skeptical to a point.  Like the poor old man in Florida recently who lost his life savings to a psychic who said she could cure him of his terminal illness.

"Yes, like bilking money out of some wide-eyed believer who is ripe for the picking a la Ms. Cleo or Jon Edwards..."
Sadly, there are people who prey on the vulnerable and will take advantage of someone with a NEED to believe.  This is a perfect area for such con-artists to lurk, but not everyone is so cold-hearted.  Can you be open-minded enough to really accept the possibility?  Or is it just a sarcastic,"oh yeah sure, it can happen.." like most skeptics (including myself a few years ago) give?

I'll admit, my analogy wasn't very good, but I think I got my point across.

"I would ask for some proof of someone claiming to be an MD before accepting treatment"
this is funny..  I can see you in excruciating pain saying "let me see your credentials before you help me"...  :wink:

I have never spoken with anybody who claims to be able to do these things.  However, I know there are things beyond explanation happening every day.

I am a very rational person who believes anything can be proven mathematically.  If these things are possible, there is a proof for them. 

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #565745 - 02/28/02 11:15 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You are looking for apple seeds in an orange. You are not going to find them.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous

#565752 - 02/28/02 11:20 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I thought scientists were supposed to use the scientific method to prove or disprove something? You know... multiple tests... a control... altering the different variables. One test proves nothing. You could have intentionally sent innacurate information or distorted the energy of the object.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Clairvoyance / Remote Viewing Test ends tonight [Re: Seuss]
    #565759 - 02/28/02 11:33 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You are looking for apple seeds in an orange. You are not going to find them.
I suppose being cryptic = being profound?

Once again *sigh*, I did NOT go looking, people here made claims. They then spent the next month explaining why they could not do what they claimed to do. Mostly it was blaming me and my attitude. These responses are very weak.

I can do some reasonably amazing (physical things) that require no belief nor mental / emotional participation from the audience.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Clairvoyance / Remote Viewing Test ends tonight [Re: ]
    #565764 - 02/28/02 11:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Basically there is no way to satisfy the believers as every test fails, but the excuses are endless. I could select a different object every month. It would make no difference. You design the test and I will modify it so that it would be difficult to cheat. How's that?

--------------------

Anonymous

#565771 - 02/28/02 11:44 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds good, check the new thread.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Clairvoyance / Remote Viewing Test ends tonight [Re: Olgualion]
    #565775 - 02/28/02 11:47 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'll admit, my analogy wasn't very good, but I think I got my point across.
I don't think you did. Going to site where people claim they have psychic powers and investigating said powers is like going to a grocery store to look for doctors? Guess my feeble swami-brain has trouble with connecting the dots...

I would ask for some proof of someone claiming to be an MD before accepting treatment"
this is funny.. I can see you in excruciating pain saying "let me see your credentials before you help me"...

You are right. When a tracheotomy needs to be performed, I should let any claimant shove a bic pen into my throat...

However, I know there are things beyond explanation happening every day.
Beyond APPARENT explanation. 30 years of investigation has turned up nothing at all out of the ordinary, only misperceptions.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Clairvoyance / Remote Viewing Test ends tonight [Re: ]
    #565780 - 02/28/02 11:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You know... multiple tests

Actually you fail to take into account that everyone that viewed the post was a separate test. This was open to anyone and was in fact multiple tests. 28 days and 600 viewers equates to more than a single test.

Will check out your new thread...

--------------------

OfflineDivine_Madness

Loc: The Netherlands
    #565806 - 02/28/02 12:26 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Is anyone up for the equally doomed-to-failure astrology test?

Sounds interesting.

BTW, If I am correct, scientists say brain waves can actually be a tool for telepathy or something like that.

I suspect from my own experience telepathy can be possible. Only I think distance, but especially contact in some way, does matter.
It is way more likely to be able to have telepathic contact if you know the person you want to contact personally. Dont ask me why, maybe it has to do with brain frequencies or something. Its just way more likely to happen with someone your close with.
I think just have had too many strange experiences concerning thoughts to not believe in the excistence of thelepathy. If it doesnt, than there is a hell of a lot coincedence in the world.

And the telepathy youve been trying to proove (remote viewing, with great distances) probably are for high developed telepaths...
This aint another excuse, just my theories.

--------------------
its all placebo

Anonymous

Re: Clairvoyance / Remote Viewing Test ends tonight [Re: Divine_Madness]
    #565845 - 02/28/02 01:13 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, Clairvoyency is very different than Telepathy. Telepathy is direct mind to mind communication. Clairvoyency does not need to have any communication between two people. A clairvoyant person is able to "see" an object or person at any distance. Distance really makes no difference with either ability.

OfflineDivine_Madness

Loc: The Netherlands
    #567527 - 03/02/02 03:49 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

So, what about that pic?
I am curious to what it actually is on your desk....

--------------------
its all placebo

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #567549 - 03/02/02 05:47 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #568276 - 03/03/02 02:55 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Post the god damned picture, its march 3rd for crying out loud.

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #568360 - 03/03/02 05:41 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

That contact I tried was really our best as an expert in RV.. Too bad she wanted you to pay for her service first.  I was not amused when she nicely patronizes me after making presumptuous comments about you and your experiment.

So much for my idea.  Ugh  ..Show us the picture.  I hope I don't get a cold sweat from seeing it. :laugh:

BTW - IF I was you, I wouldn't propose this experiment in *here*.  I'd go find RV groups or persons.  Yahoo groups hast them.

Edited by ArCh_TemPlaR (03/03/02 05:47 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Clairvoyance / Remote Viewing Test ends tonight [Re: Jared]
    #568693 - 03/03/02 02:29 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

Relax bro. It is a beautiful hand-engraved silver bracelet made by the acclaimed Hopi artist, Sun Bear, and worth about $500. Will post a picture when I feel up to it.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (03/03/02 02:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds