Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   JK Botanik Buy Super Blended Green Sumatra, Jumbo Size Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Felstorm]
    #436480 - 10/25/01 12:40 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: How will it all end? [Re: princessmaumbie1]
    #436949 - 10/25/01 08:33 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have been raised as a Christian, and I see no other power as great as that of God's. I have devoured my friendly fungus, and have seen the end of human life... but the world became so much more beautiful, and without human life existing on it, the souls of whom may choose to stay on this wonderful mother are happy souls, because as a soul, I see no emotion, only pure bliss. The color of my soul is pink, for this is the color that I see when I leave my body.

I have seen the end of the world, and can accept death. To an extent, I still feel the pain of a loss, but I can understand that the person's soul is now free, so they are MUCH happier than when put in a LIFE where there is pain, sorrow, and the end. As a soul, I see no end.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How will it all end? [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #437977 - 10/26/01 07:31 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How will it all end? [Re: World Spirit]
    #438401 - 10/27/01 07:29 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

#438554 - 10/27/01 01:48 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It is a fact that the Catholic church went through the Bible in the 1500s with a group of the 'elites' of the Church and edited, deleted, and added to many parts of the Bible.
Everything that Jesus taught about Reincarnation was taken out of the Bible, since the Church figured if people knew they could solve their own problems where would the Church fit in?
Does it not strike some people as odd as to why they must give 10% of their income to the Church? God does not need money, where does this money go then? Padded pews... an addition to the steeple...and into the pockets of the high ranking members of the Church.

The idea of an eternal Hell was added, along with too many things to list.
Not to mention since then, the Bible has been changed and altered countless times in many different forms.
The Church only wants power over the thoughts of it's people. Is it any wonder the Catholic Church is the wealthiest entity in the WORLD?

From a song cynically imitating the ideals of the Church (specifically Evngalists):

Mind Control
Hey Just what have you become?
With a cash vindication
Do you think that buys salvations end?
Do you see through me?
I'm the plastic face on your screen
Send your money to Jesus Christ
Mail Order your eternal Life
Bend your mind, make you turn around
Don't believe it when they tell you
That even God needs money
God needs money from you

Shame cant even make them learn
They feed off the weak and if there's a hell they're gonna burn
On your screen they worship me
I'm a bastard saint, I'm a sychophant
A parasite that lives for just one goal...
Mind control

Or there is the Metallica version:

Time for lust, Time for lie
Time to Kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution
And you'll get a better seat
Bow to Leper Messiah

Marvel at his tricks... Need your Sunday fix
Blind devotion came, Rotting your brain
Chain, Chain, join the endless chain
Taken by his glamour
Fame, Fame, infection is the game
Stinking drunk with power, We see

Witchery, Weakening
See the sheep are gathering
Set the trap, hypnotize
Now you follow

Edited by Shroomism (10/27/01 02:00 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How will it all end? [Re: ]
    #438896 - 10/27/01 09:55 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

#439098 - 10/28/01 03:55 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

They are song writers.
I can relate to the lyrics because I have experienced the same feelings expressed within them. I have read the Bible. I was raised with Christian beliefs (Rather forcibly) and the knowledge and truths that the Bible holds. I was also able to see the many holes in it, a distortion of truth.
But then I disovered that God does not exist as an outside source, it is an internal force. A force that resides inside everything that exists, a Creation within itself.
Jesus taught meditation. The process of going within to find the answers and find God. Somehow this got turned around (By the Church *cough*) into praying to an outside source for help and guidance, when one is totally capable of doing it themselves, as we are all a part of Creation (God as it is sometimes called) The answers lie within.
I'm not saying that everything presented by the Bible is unaccurate, I am merely pointing out the quite major alterations that have occured since it's inception.

Edited by Shroomism (10/28/01 04:00 AM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #439110 - 10/28/01 04:26 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

I?d like to gently inform you that you say those remarks out of faith in men instead of faith in God.
By writing the remarks above, you have demonstrated great faith in mere book writers, and mainly book writers of the last half century. Why? Because these same people try to discredit the legitimacy of the Bible.

hmmm... well, by believing in every word in the bible you are demonstrating faith in mere book writers, book writers long died... my question to you is: who told you god stopped talking to us when the bible was finished? god still talks to us, to you, to shroomism, to me, to everyone in this world... especially to the people who wrote that quotes... most people just dont listen... actually what i dislike in most christians is that they believe in a "dead" god... a god you can talk to, but doesn?t answer... and the eyes of many many christians are filled with fear... the bible containst truth, yes... but only part of it... how do i know this? god told me... yes he did... i don?t understand how people trust more in a book than in what they feel flowing from within...
but if that is the way they choose, there they go... i have no problem with it, unless they try and push their beliefs on me telling me im going to the NONEXISTENT eternal hell... remember... my way is no better than yours, its only different... that also applies the other way round...
"god is in you and all around you, not in huge buildings of stone and wood... split a piece of wood and i?ll be there... lift up a stone and you will find me" -jesus christ

to finish id like to quote tool again... this is how relgion mostly operates nowadays...

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you...
like me,
like me.

If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me.
Don't judge or question.
You are broken now,
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My God's will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
-James Maynard Keenan

peace, take care and all the light

ps: oh, and by the way i consider myself a christian, for i believe in jesus christ...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (10/28/01 04:36 AM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #439122 - 10/28/01 05:55 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #439205 - 10/28/01 10:33 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

God God God God... Who? Creation! Sounds alot better...

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#439442 - 10/28/01 04:04 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

if thats your belief, its ok... i wont argue... and i?ve heard those words before... but anyways, i will go one step further and tell you that god and satan are part of one and the same creation... you can not experience the majesty, light and love of god if you don?t see the other side.. the darkness, and the fear... the ying and yang... in my belief, lucifer is to be respected accepted and even loved for what he did for us... he volunteered to lead the dark side, to show humans the other side, so that they could choose... we could choose...
as for tool, i dont agree with you... and i will post lyrics of 2 songs from lateralus... tell me what you think... even better, tell me what you feel... it would be good if you could listen to the songs as well...

-Lateralus-

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see there is so much more
and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going, going...

-Parabola-

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
We are choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside
This holy reality, this holy experience.
Choosing to be here in

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.

Alive, I

In this holy reality, in this holy experience. Choosing to be here in

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal

Twirling round with this familiar parable.
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: How will it all end? [Re: In(di)go]
    #439445 - 10/28/01 04:07 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

oh! and i forgot about

-Reflection-

I have come curiously close to the end, down
Beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole,
Defeated, I concede and
Move closer
I may find comfort here
I may find peace within the emptiness
How pitiful

It's calling me...

And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping
The moon tells me a secret - my confidant
As full and bright as I am
This light is not my own and
A million light reflections pass over me

Its source is bright and endless
She resuscitates the hopeless
Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting

And as I pull my head out I am without one doubt
Don't wanna be down here feeding my narcissism.
I must crucify the ego before it's far too late
I pray the light lifts me out
Before I pine away.

So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
Just let the light touch you
And let the words spill through
And let them pass right through
Bringing out our hope and reason ...
before we pine away.

--------------------

Anonymous

#439830 - 10/28/01 09:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

>>Shroomism - Actually, I'd like the opportunity to prove you wrong, if I can. First, you have not yet proven or even quoted ONE scripture that cannot be true.

I'll give you ten scriptures that are not true. I'm gonna have to find a Bible however, as mine is probably in a box in the attic.

>>Secondly, I would like to say that God is indeed a person, an external Person too. I do believe God's power sorrounds all things. I also believe God dwells inside those who believe in Him. But I also believe He is external and He is an individual, who has chosen a Name and an identity by which we should refer to Him. That is, the Person and Name of the Lord Himself, Jesus the Christ.

God resides in all things, regardless of whether they believe in him or not. God has told me that it does not like that name. First, it wants to make the point clear that Jesus the Christ is a state of consciousness and not a person or being. Second, the name it wishes to be reffered to is Creation/All that is/The Great Central Sun/Eternity, but certainly not God.
The name God has caused countless wars, and how many people have been killed in the name of 'God'? (*cough* Crusades)

>>I don't know if it is fair for me to say that every word in the Bible was correctly translated and it was taken from a legitimate copy of the original text(s). However, I do stand firm in the belief that a person can trust in the Bible.

Yes it was correctly translated, after it was severely edited to fit the needs of the wealthy elite. The Bible has been twisted around too many times to retain its original shape. The Bible was written a long time ago, for simple minded men, as that was the best way they could understand it. However as LoztSoul stated, Creation did not just stop talking to people after the Bible was created. He talks all the time, in everything. I suggest you get the new Bible. It's called "The Third Millenium: Living in the Posthistoric World" by Ken Carey. This is written by a MAN (just like the Bible) who was writing the words of GOD. The only difference being that this was created in 1991 and therefore could be considered the updated Bible. God talks about how he is disgusted by Christianity, as it has been so far distorted from what it's original intention was.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #439850 - 10/28/01 09:28 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

#439881 - 10/28/01 10:02 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

What do you mean God has not spoken to me? How are you to determine such a thing? So God is able to talk to Noah, Issac, Peter, and many others according to the Bible but not able to talk to Shroomism? How very odd.
Jesus was a man who incarnated on Earth to spread a message love and of the Earth changes which are occuring right now. He was in fact a being from the 12th density (which is called Christ Consciousness) And he originated from a star named Alcyone in the Pleiades. Perhaps Jesus is Lord, but so is everything else. God is everything.

>>It is so unbalanced for people to throw their Bible in the attic and pickup a book written in the last decade instead and call it the Word of God. I can only smile at that statement because it is not only dangerous in a deadly way, but it is IMHO close to extremely foolish.

I could say the exact same thing about the Bible.

>>The Bible gives us a firm way of distinguishing between a FALSE PROPHET and a TRUE PROPHET: If a prophet prophesies in the name of the Lord and his words come to pass, that prophet is of God. If a prophet's words do not come to pass, or he prophesies outside the identity of the Lord, that prophet is not from God, and he shall not be feared.

I have a problem with this statement. Several actually.

1. Fear? Why should a prophet of God be feared? God is a God of Love and forgiveness, not fear. Fear is the opposite aspect, that of which you would call Satan. I think you have it backwards...a prophet that is not of God will be feared. A prophet that is of God will be loved by some and hated by others. Jesus was crucified for his outrageous teachings.

2. If the Bible teaches that God should be feared than there is your untruth right there. The Universe was not created out of Fear and illogical thinking...no....it was created out of unconditional Love, compassion, understanding, logic, and wisdom. How do I know this? God told me. He created this universe to experience all aspects of his own Creation, and learn from them, so that God may continually evolve. Eventually, we will all be one again in that eternal sea of light and love. I stand firm in the fact that everything is a part of Creation (God) and everything has purpose. If you don't believe me ask God, he'll tell you the same thing.

Invisible_tenshi_
Stranger

#439973 - 10/28/01 11:16 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Guys, you are both right; and how can any single one of us tell another what is the 'right path' for him or her? We can certainly share our beliefs and see the curious differences in perspective, but I like the analogy of a disciple who is on his way to meet his master at the top of the mountain. There are many paths, some of which look different, but if we keep one eye on where we are today (our present surrroundings, life) and keep the other every so often to get our bearings of where we are ultimately headed (heaven, top of the mountain, the master, what have you), then we are sure to eventually all reach the same goal in mind. It is after all, the same mountain that we are climbing.

Shroomism: I understand where you are coming from and agree with many of your points. Yet does pointing out that a closely held personal faith like that in Jesus Christ as 'savior' is a limited perspective make us any better than those who condemn those who do not believe in Jesus to go to hell? Hallelujah, I just farted

OfflineElvish
enthusiast
Re: How will it all end? [Re: _tenshi_]
    #440049 - 10/29/01 12:11 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

...unconditionally accepting those that would divide...

...an ever widening circle.....

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Elvish]
    #440393 - 10/29/01 07:52 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #440703 - 10/29/01 01:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

so, has anybody seen PBS show w/joseph campbell _the power of myth_
and are we aware of the relationships between:
myth
metaphor
legend
lore
fable
history
truth
fact
baldfaced lie
reality
fantasy
fundamentalism
liberalism
transcendentalism
theology
metaphysics
and a buncha other words that may sometimes get confused in some folks' heads...
~~~
oh, and markos (if you happen to read thi, hehheh...) i picked up a copy of bishops spong's book on rescuing the bible from fundamentalism at a book sale yesterday and am looking forward to delving into it soon...
~~~
& i still wonder why nobody cares about the norse version of the end, my friend, the very end... i mean why should ragnarok be any more or less real than armageddon, huh?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#440807 - 10/29/01 02:50 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

enter: you should read "conversations with god" by neale donald walsh

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   JK Botanik Buy Super Blended Green Sumatra, Jumbo Size Kratom Capsules