Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
American Drinking Age
    #5594929 -

Help lower it, www.18todrink.com, and write your congressman. All of europe has a lower drinking age, its a stupid law. Thanks


--------------------
www.18todrink.com change a stupid law

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: mrlinus41]
    #5594954 -

No thanks Ill pass.

What I would like to see is the driving age raised to 18.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: DieCommie]
    #5594959 -

DieCommie said:
No thanks Ill pass. 

What I would like to see is the driving age raised to 18.



:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: mrlinus41]
    #5594991 -

More people die from car accidents every year then handguns, yet you have to be 21 to buy a handgun and only 16 to drive  :cuckoo:

About the alcohol, the reason the age was raised to 21 was the feds forced it to try to save lives on the road.  And it did.  Since the drinking age has been raised to 21 tens of thousands of people are living now that would have been dead.  People under 21 still can and do drink with little chance of getting a ticket, they just have to do it at home not the bar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: DieCommie]
    #5595038 -

Also note that Europe has much better public transportation, so drunk driving isn't as big an issue over there.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: DieCommie]
    #5595043 -

poster < 21 ?


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: kotik]
    #5595104 -

Yes, I'm less then 21. If we outlawed McDonalds and all junk food, that would also save lives. In fact, I think any doctor will tell you that it is safe to say that without junk food we would be a much healthier nation, and millions of people would not have crippling heart disease. However, we are not a country where the government makes decisions for us. I am over the age of 18, and I can buy a home, fight for my country, be eligible for the draft if it was called for, start a family, have kids (and raise this country's future leaders), and a multitude of other things. I find it un-American for the government to tell me whether I can or can not drink. I am surprised at the response to this post on this forum, I would have expect people on such an "open-minded" type of forum to be much more understanding. I guess I was wrong.


--------------------
www.18todrink.com change a stupid law

Edited by mrlinus41 (05/05/06 06:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: mrlinus41]
    #5595127 -

Maybe because this is an "open-minded" forum you should expect diverse answers that dont agree with your beliefs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: mrlinus41]
    #5595136 -

heh, save the arguments. I was IN the military complaining about the same thing when I was under 21, AND dealing with the prospect of a baby (which ended up not being mine).

in all honesty though, i did most of my drinking before i turned 21, didnt even drink on my 21st birthday, and still dont have as much desire to now, as I did when I was younger.

something about seeing the same people at the bars over and over again just kills all the magic.

PLEASE believe me when I say I'm open minded, but giving a teenager all these freedoms at once is not a good option in my opinion. Perhaps if there was more emphasis on the dangers of addiction and etc, it wouldnt be so much of a problem... but considering how our society looks at alcohol (as recreation) and then mix that with the common mischief of a high-school senior... well its unfortunate that one bad apple ruins the bunch... but I can't think of a reason to put more alcohol into the hands of those just beginning to enter society.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: mrlinus41]
    #5595138 -

Touche, but taht wasn't a counter argument to what I said. edit: That was my response to die commie, i was writing it before i saw the second post.


--------------------
www.18todrink.com change a stupid law

Edited by mrlinus41 (05/05/06 06:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: mrlinus41]
    #5595156 -

I'm about 1000000000000 times more interested in making power plants legal for those over 21...


--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5595547 -

Only if you serve in the military......

They took the privilage away right before I enlisted.....

you mean I can throw grenades and fire my M-16....but not have a beer?

Why can you vote when your eighteen?


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #5595929 -

Quote:
you mean I can throw grenades and fire my M-16....but not have a beer?

Why can you vote when your eighteen?



Soccer moms.

I'm under the drinking age, but I still manage to successfully have my alcohol daily if I like. It's a silly law, but it lets the evangelists sleep tighter at night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: bukkake]
    #5596024 -

Check your local laws......

When I grew up in Michigan, it was legal for an 18 year old to brew his own beer........

I loved that law.......


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: DieCommie]
    #5596603 -

DieCommie said:
No thanks Ill pass.

What I would like to see is the driving age raised to 18.



I just want to see the voting age raised to 25.


--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: mrlinus41]
    #5596648 -

I agree that the Government should have no say over what I put into my body once I hit the age of 18. As a "legal adult" I should have every right to fuck up my body as long as no one else is hurt in the process. The problem is that not only to we strive for freedom, but also humanity. Its bullshit, but it saves lives so the chances of it getting reversed is unrealistic. I have no problem with the Government saving lives, but it shouldnt be inconsistent about it. If they outlaw drinking at a young age, they should outlaw driving, eating unhealthy, contact sports, ect. at young ages. But they dont. Because of that, I say either change it, or change every inconsistancy to keep it.


--------------------


There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: mrlinus41]
    #5596887 -

Raising the driving age to 18 sounds like a great idea to me.

Lowering the drinking age to 18 sounds good to me as well. At 18 you can vote. You can join the military. You bcan legaly enter into contracts. Yes, by all means, lower the drinking age to 18.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: gregorio]
    #5596990 -

I can get drunk, vote for Gary Coleman,, and then sign a contract binding me to 5 years as a meat-shield in the marines. :tongue:


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: Konnrade]
    #5597016 -

raise the driving age to 18
then u have a bunch of terrible 18 year old drivers
raise the driving age to 21
then u have a bunch of terrible 21 years old drivers
....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: American Drinking Age [Re: fresh313]
    #5597027 -

The lowered minimum drinking age hasn't actually reduced the proportion of under-21s who start drinking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Handguns vs. Rifles
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Tao 6,636 74 03/18/04 11:14 PM
by Mushmonkey
* AG Asscroft grib 544 5 05/29/03 11:58 AM
by Strumpling
* Godless Americans Political Action Comittee
( 1 2 all )
Floyd_ 3,803 33 03/16/04 12:25 PM
by silversoul7
* Bush torturing almost 1,000,000 Americans
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 7,421 77 12/18/03 10:29 AM
by medicinebag
* Report blasts American infrastructure EchoVortex 596 2 09/05/03 09:11 AM
by EchoVortex
* American pilots charged. Phluck 763 6 09/13/02 06:31 PM
by Jammer
* Americans Are Losing The Victory (yes, it is a quagmire) wingnutx 595 1 10/20/03 10:57 AM
by Anonymous
* To All Americans Who Hate America
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Anonymous 16,459 155 12/19/02 11:29 AM
by Evolving

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,786 topic views. 3 members, 40 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.