Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYouInfoIt
see you in hell

Loc: bc, canada
shroom induced miracles?
    #489189 - 12/12/01 08:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

has anyone experienced anything "scientifically impossible" while on mushrooms or watching someone on mushrooms? here's mine, not a very good example though, my ability to climb trees is astounding, i can just run up a tree with or without branches in no time at all. i think of this as not something that is impossible just that i have more confidence in my abilities while on mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDivine_Madness

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: shroom induced miracles? [Re: YouInfoIt]
    #489604 - 12/13/01 07:53 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have had other, more weird things like a computer crashing, then the tv not working properly and the cd player getting stu,k all happend in a few minutes, at the beginning of the trip.
Also some shit like a knife falling from a wall, that was hangin their. And some other stuff...

--------------------
its all placebo

Offlinelissa
Loc: Ohio (sucks!)
Re: shroom induced miracles? [Re: Divine_Madness]
    #489690 - 12/13/01 10:23 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

one time my friend was doing shrooms and he had this vision of a car accident.... what the car looked like, who was going to be in it, who was driving, etc. well, about a month later he and some friends were going somewhere... and it was exactly like his vision. he insisted that another person drive, and there was no accident. very weird. makes you wonder...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: shroom induced miracles? [Re: lissa]
    #489721 - 12/13/01 11:01 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Here lissa presents us with a new twist: a prediction that didn't come true as evidence of mysterious forces.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#489727 - 12/13/01 11:09 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have had other, more weird things like a computer crashing...
Blame Bill Gates and his money machine, not psilocybin. My computer crashes about twice per day while NOT tripping.

--------------------

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: shroom induced miracles? [Re: Swami]
    #489763 - 12/13/01 11:47 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'd advise you to get some more RAM, that usually fixes the problem.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Offlinealphatrion
journeyman
    #489778 - 12/13/01 11:59 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

3 yahtzee's in a row (all 6's) on another substance.. coincidence? does anybody know if there where parapsychological studies in this area. I know a a study with significant higher results with psylocybin on the ganzfeld experiment.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: shroom induced miracles? [Re: alphatrion]
    #489991 - 12/13/01 03:29 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

3 yahtzee's in a row (all 6's) on another substance.. coincidence?

Coincidence with what? Did you say to your friends BEFORE you rolled "Hey, watch me roll 3 Yahtzees of all sixes in a row?" If not, then that particular combination has no more significance than any other 3 groupings of numbers.

--------------------

Offlinealphatrion
journeyman
    #490622 - 12/14/01 12:33 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I agree swami this is hardly scientific evidence, you try to put things in perspective. BUT it has to me MORE significance than other groupings, because the aim for me at that time was "a yahtzee" with 3 sixes - that is also the fun of playing yahtzee. But it was rather implicit and i didn't tell it to my friends - does this matter to me? No. I never had 3x3 sixes in a row while aiming for them except on this occasion in an altered state. I consider it strange and mysterious but not real evidence, more research for me is waranted. Keep in mind that 'miracles' are also something the bemiracled experiences as a miracle regardless of the fact if it objectively IS a miracle. Miracles do exist.

OfflineDivine_Madness

Loc: The Netherlands
    #490699 - 12/14/01 01:38 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have had other, more weird things like a computer crashing...
Blame Bill Gates and his money machine, not psilocybin. My computer crashes about twice per day while NOT tripping.

read the whole sentence: like a computer crashing, then the tv not working properly and the cd player getting stuk all happend in a few minutes,
And also, the computer got stuk just when we were getting a bit sic of the game, just at the right moment
But it could have been coincendence, yes.

--------------------
its all placebo

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #490720 - 12/14/01 02:20 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

One of my favorite shroomed experiences.

I was tripping in the wee hours of the morning with 3 others. I was squatted over some silica containing rocks checking their sparkle out. One of my friends was tossing pebbles at me. I didn't turn around I just kept tripping on the rocks. Finally I picked up my own rock. I heard the others yell "He's got a rock!" I heard one freind exclaim "You better not hit me mother-fucker!" I thought he was the one throwing the rocks at me. By now they had all ran behind some short alder trees. I zoomed in on my freind who had last shouted the MF phrase. I tossed the rock over the trees in his direction. After a few seconds of silent loft I heard a thud. I then heard my freind go bizzerk and saw him running at me. The rest is history.

Another

While explaining the strange properties of mushroom inhebration to my girlfreind I challenged her to a test. Pick a color. She did. I thought and said the first color in my mind, "Red". I was correct. "Another" I said. "Blue", I was right again. "One more." I encouraged her. I thought and saw two colors so I said them both "green/grey". Right again!

That defies probability, instead of thinking of one color like I had suggested, she changed the rules and I was able to keep up. I don't always have such abilities I'm sure. At the time however I didn't doubt them.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: shroom induced miracles? [Re: alphatrion]
    #490756 - 12/14/01 03:42 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

BUT it has to me MORE significance than other groupings,

Yes, you have assigned it significance, but has none in and of itself.

Years ago I wrote what was then the strongest backgammon program. I got literally hundreds of letters on how the dice were cooked in favor of the program, though I had spent 6 months working on an impartial randomizer. My point is : the human brain is designed for pattern recognition and sees it when there is none.

Someone commented on backgammon game when one player rolled 66 3 times in a row, "Wow! That is a 1/46656 (1/(36*36*36) shot." When I asked why he did not comment on the previous 4 rolls of 54, 61, 53, 32 - he looked at me like I was retarded. I stated that the odds of rolling that 4 roll combination was even less likely at 1/104976 (1/(18*18*18*18)).

Commenting on some perceived pattern after the fact is meaningless. If you can consistenetly make such a pattern appear then you are most certainly on to something.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#490764 - 12/14/01 03:51 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

read the whole sentence: like a computer crashing, then the tv not working properly and the cd player getting stuk all happend in a few minutes,

I DID read the whole sentence. Part A happens frequently so that it is meaningless. I cannot comment on the state of your TV and CD player, nor whether the voltage coming into your house is low or surging or has excessive spikes, all of which could cause such disruption.

Then you state that they happened withing a few minutes of each other. So what? Why not simultaneously, why not within a few hours of each other?

You assign meaning to some non-related events in some arbitrary time-line and offer it as what? Evidence that your brain on mushrooms can effect electricity? This would be so easy to test for with an oscilloscope.

Seem people here would rather swap stories than test their hypothesis. Perhaps you are different and will try it and post your results.

--------------------

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #490906 - 12/14/01 10:04 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

man that is such a good point! I have certainly never thought of it in that way but you are absolutely right.....

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #490908 - 12/14/01 10:05 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i'm talking about the dice/backgammon thing.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: shroom induced miracles? [Re: Joshua]
    #490989 - 12/14/01 11:21 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

That defies probability, instead of thinking of one color like I had suggested, she changed the rules and I was able to keep up. I don't always have such abilities I'm sure. At the time however I didn't doubt them.

It doesn't defy probability as you have not commented on the times when your abilities were not functioning.

If you don't always have such power, then how do you know that it was working at that time?

Let me get this straight: When you choose correctly, your paranormal prowess is functioning, and when you don't choose correctly, your psychic abilities are not functioning.

Sounds suspiciously like normal guessing to me.

I would be happy to put a large wager against your color guessing abilities.

--------------------

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #491073 - 12/14/01 01:25 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Since many years, I grow my own Cubensis. Most time I trip, I go to a special place in the hills or elsewhere out in the green. Allways, when I come home after a mushroom-session, the shrooms in my growcase have grown much taller than they normaly do in the same time. If there are tiny pinhead primordias in a jar when I leave at 8 pm, when I come home at 4 am or so, I can harvest them full grown. Normaly this process takes two or three days.
I believe that I get somehow related with the mycel when I eat its fruits.
Like rivers, our consciousness entwines.

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

Loc: California
Re: shroom induced miracles? [Re: Ini]
    #491082 - 12/14/01 01:39 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

THIS I like. I am getting all of the points made about probability and the Chaos involved in all things. Still, I find this particular statement very comforting; "I believe that I get somehow related with the mycel when I eat its fruits.
Like rivers, our consciousness entwines."
I absolutely believe it is possible that you DO affect the mycelial growth of your plants as well as helping them to fruit in a shorter period of time...much like my talking to (and smoking pot with) trees helps them to feel happier and grow both larger and fuller.

--------------------
"Pain for pleasure; pain for adoration; pain is to godliness; bleeding for ecstasy...Divine Pain."
-Morbid Angel

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #491285 - 12/14/01 05:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

This example of my experience with my girlfreind is the only time that I have ever thought my psychic powers to work before I challenged them. I understand your spiel on randomness and I absolutely agree.

You said "Coincidence with what? Did you say to your friends BEFORE you rolled "Hey, watch me roll 3 Yahtzees of all sixes in a row?" If not, then that particular combination has no more significance than any other 3 groupings of numbers.

The non-random significance of this episode was the fact that I predesignated the psychic occurance and that I broke the rules established to keep with my psychic accuracy.

It is a random occurance that I was able to accomplish this feat. But the odds are very-very high. I would not know how to calculate them.

eg. Probability of choosing a primary color * Probability of choosing a primary color * probability of breaking confines and choosing a secondary color and a non-color shade?

I'm sure the first two functions would be easy enough, but the third is all but nearly impossible to calculate.

Joshua

P.S. The rock hit my freind square in the middle of his chest, a welt was present to prove it.

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Edited by Joshua (12/14/01 05:42 PM)

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: shroom induced miracles? [Re: Joshua]
    #491363 - 12/14/01 07:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well. mine is somewhat related through the use of MDMA/Mush + Chants. To date, I've done 21+ chants, which gives me a good assessment on how well the effect will achieve itself. The chants are suppose to give the recipient a big blast of bliss. From my recollection:

1 person was taken instantly out of a bad trip on E
4 had bliss or nirvana or visions, or combination
1 person getting OBE
9 felt samatha lasting minutes to weeks.

1 person rebuked it the first time, second time - he felt sensitized to the crowd's vibes (raves).

3 didn't feel anything. I distinctly remember these 3 who tolde me there were Christians.

3 didn't feel anything. (2 were too stoned, 1 said she was too introverted to hear it properly)

That's the gist of it. The effect is depdendent on the recipient, as the sender is the other important variable.

If I understand MTG correctly, the Chakras (heart and throat) are activated by MDMA..

KtP
ArCh

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate