Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: Miracle-blindness [Re: Swami]
    #536351 - 01/30/02 08:48 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

So then reply to my earlier post or stand deshonored and defeated, you arrogant materialist, you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: Miracle-blindness [Re: Swami]
    #542756 - 02/06/02 04:58 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

My basic point is that we are all (more or less) free to spend our time and energies how we want. If you want to research UFOs, well then, God bless you, but don't decry the fact that I or others don't do it for you.

Yeah, if it was about UFOS, I could understand why its shied away from the scientific community.  Either way, conservatism exists.  I wasn't harping about it..

Once again. this is NOT the swami's judgement, is observable fact. Misperception abounds everywhere. Two people witness a bank robbery. One sees a black Ford getaway car, the other sees a blue Chevy. Venus is the number 1 object misidentified as a UFO. Even UFOlogists will acknowledge this as fact.

So to look past this, perceptual error MUST BE ruled out first to eliminate the noise from the signal.

If you looked back at the tone of how I presented my experiences, it was not about attempting to assert them as unequivocal facts!  I said it before already.  Perceptual correctness or not, I value my honesty and my ability to present my thoughts as honest as possible.. I do value precision but not absolutely and not for scientific perfection as a mindset.. 

It all depends whether one is seeking amusement or truth...

Our angle may be different? I rather learn then believe.. I rather watch than seek..

I don't see superstition as beauty; perhaps you do. Thousands believe in astrology when there is not one drop of truth. I think it erroneous to base a life decision on some fanatsy like that. People give their power away all too easily.

Let's narrow it down to "Miracles of Shrooms" thread as a reference point to my previous comments.  In  context of those experiences, they are singular, isolated phenomenons at that moment in time and no more.  The epistemological value is rather impermanent and is not the aggregate of total truth -- because, I agree, is quite extremely difficult to duplicate in controlled settings.  Why? It's unique, it's called latent talents surfacing.  Not everybody can do what I do. And I cannot do what everybody else could.

As far as Astrology, there are billions of rocks in the sea but only a few jems to find.  There are probably many crappy, specious astrologers and there are few genuine ones..

A better example that hits home to everyone here is the dreaded War on Drugs. If the prohibtionists really examined the facts instead of swallowing everything that they were spoon-fed, prohibition would be impossible. The clear light of reason would make it so. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Yes, it sure would..  :smile:

Perhaps I will get ambitious and post some of my nature photos or some of my music. Then you can tell me how much beauty I miss. My attitude hardly precludes the appreciation of nature. That is an amazingly (to me) illogical leap that you make there.

Sure, I love to see the uh other side of Swami! :P  I only stated within the context of what you've written previously, following this thread about Miracles.  I dare not make any leaps..  IF I did I apologize..

Many of the magical claims made here should stand up to examination without dissolution, but seems they cannot.

Yep.. Our angle is different.  I do not mind if unscientifice anomalies cannot stand up to examination nor do I place personal emphasis on beliefs.  I realized I don't need the baggage of beliefs.  Though, I *can* be affected by it, temporaly. Sometimes, I had no choice to make quantum leaps when my life depended on it.

Please don't play junior pyschologist with me. Without being arrogant, I can say that I am probably one of the more balanced psyches here. I have the strength and energy of a young man (took 1 st place last year at SDSU in racquetball against 20 year olds), can talk about most any subject as I am extremely well-read, have great relationships, live in a beautiful area, express myself well verbally, artisitically and socially (yes, sometimes I am harsh here, but am truely caring and different in person) and many other fields, etc. I exhibit little sign of pathology...

I did say suspect, not unequivocally.  I'm basing on psychology of Freud and Jung.  Anyone claiming he/she understands themselves to the level of the subconscious would be quite a 'miracle'. :laugh:  Like I said, it was meant as a reflection for you -- within the context of your posturing in here and the forum, not to insinuate an attack.  I'd never dare to insult oh grand master Swami. :P

And just to assuage my ego (ahahah in good humor).. I probably understand better than most psych grads at my hometown..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order