Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
What the hell is wrong with health care in America?
    #3897458 - 03/10/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Seriously. It is fucked up.

I banged up my knee and it got a little inflamed. I went to the emergency room for it. I ended up getting three bills. The first was for the emergency room, the second was for the X-ray company, and the third was for the doctor at the emergency room.

The doctor literally spent two minutes working on me and talking to me. All he did was touch my knee and say, "Yeah, it is inflamed." He then sucked out some stuff with a syringe. I could have done what he did. Do you want to know how much he charged me? $153.00

$153.00 for two minutes of work that a monkey could have done? And that doesn't even include the emergency room bill ($100.00 something) and the X-ray bill ($70 something). Why the hell are medical costs so outrageous in this country? For the service I got, I should have paid about $50 tops.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: What the hell is wrong with health care in America? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3897580 - 03/10/05 12:17 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

yeah, it's kind of fucked.

well, seriously fucked.

medical groups peel a little off the top of the doctor's take.

then there's the insurance costs.

and then I'm sure they pump it up a bit to get some more juice
from your insurance company.

I know what you mean...I had to go to the ER middle of the night
to try to quell a poison oak infection that was begining to flare
up and it was like 300 just to sit around for 4 hours and 10 minutes
of face time with a NURSE...not even a doctor. the doctor, like in
your case, was just about worthless.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: What the hell is wrong with health care in America? [Re: afoaf]
    #3897719 - 03/10/05 12:50 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Im sorry to hear that....i have had the same problem with the heath care system...i had a huge rock fly through my front window in my car one winter and almost hit my head I guess i moved from it..make a long story short...ambulance came and took my to the hospital i did not have heath care...they heard that and they did not do much with the bits of glass stuck in my face but gave me a tenting shot witch cost 150...and the doc talking to me cast 175 and the ambulance ride was 450 ...no glass was taking out i did that at home and my credit was shot cus i could not pay for it...it is the insurance companies that make it hard for everyone...make me want to move from the USA...we are more worried about oil-clothing name brands and cars then... heath care and how much it costs....

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3897793 - 03/10/05 01:07 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

one word: MONEY

I broke my wrist and was told to come back in a week because I had some cuts that may get infected. Well when I got there he took about 20 seconds to tell be that it isn't infected. Well apparanty that fucker gets paid 250.00 every 20 seconds.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: What the hell is wrong with health care in America? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3897927 - 03/10/05 01:32 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

what can i say that is the way america is ...money talks the poor can just walk... and with BUsh again nothing will get better...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What the hell is wrong with health care in America? [Re: starptv23]
    #3897974 - 03/10/05 01:40 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

You won't get an argument from me. I hate our healthcare but I also don't like the Canadian model which is to steal from peter to pay Paul.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

#3898012 - 03/10/05 01:50 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

i was thinking of moving to canada cus im sick of it here...but almost every counrty has it hang ups...enless you know of a counrty that dont rob the poor and think everyone needs to fit a certain mold...i though canada's health care was better then here

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3898027 - 03/10/05 01:55 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

what's better? It's better that you don't have to pay for it (if you don't mind waiting in line ). The docters aren't as good (sorry canoodians) and where do you think the money comes from to pay for this program? Canada is taxed out the ass.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3898077 - 03/10/05 02:12 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Someone recently did a run down of their paycheck (Canadian) compared to a paycheck from the States, the total taxes were very similiar.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What the hell is wrong with health care in America? [Re: newuser1492]
    #3898084 - 03/10/05 02:14 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

not even close i'm afraid.

the canadian taxes extend further from the paycheck. their sales tax (they have another tax but the name escapes me). Ask a canoodian or Phred, he used to live there. I have a friend who's a Canuck and he bitches all the time about it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3898121 - 03/10/05 02:30 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

There are a some basic problems, I think. One is that US hospitals are very wasteful. I worked in an emergency radiology department for a year. Utilities, instruments, film and other various supplies were constantly being thoughtlessly wasted. That shit ain't cheap. Another is that US hospitals have set their standard of practice a little too high. Spending tens of millions of dollars on new computer systems and MRI machines is great. But if it means Randalflagg is gonna catch the cost when he needs some fluid drained, then it's a problem. And I think one of the biggest problems is malpractice lawsuits. We, as a country, need to get it through our thick heads that every time a doctor makes an error, we don't get to turn his/her practice into a pinata. If someone accidently cuts off the wrong leg, fine, take the money. If you lose one of your toes or something, just get over it and shut up.

One thing I can say for certain is that the problem usually isn't arrising from greed on the part of administrators. Many, if not most, of the hospitals in the US are currently running major deficits.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3898277 - 03/10/05 03:08 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

As an ex-Canadian who still has relatives and friends living in Canada, I can assure you the Canadian health care system is not superior to that of the US -- quite the reverse.

And no, it isn't even "free" -- it's pre-paid.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3898482 - 03/10/05 03:43 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

The HMO Act of 1973 created to eliminate individual health insurance, but ended up just allowing HMOs to monopolize the health care industry. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone here about the effect monopolies can have on prices. Even though the act was repealed, we're still feeling the effects of it today.

Also, the government discourages individuals by making employee health insurance tax deductible, but not individual health insurance. Thus, there's less competition in the insurance industry to suit the needs of the individual.

Then there's Medicare, which created a spending frenzy by seniors, and which is no in much deeper shit than social security. When health care is subsidized, people start going to the doctor for things they previously wouldn't have bothered with. That's one of the big problems with socialized medicine. It takes away the incentive for people to take care of themselves, and ends up driving up the cost in tax dollars for everyone.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3899546 - 03/10/05 06:59 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

You fucked up your knee, had to go to the emergency room, the doctor sucked some shit out with a syringe and you're complaining about a $350 bill! Are you fucking kidding me? That doctor went through 8 to 12 years of expensive education after high school, risks being sued for millions, as does the hospital. The Xrays had to be taken by an expensive machine, on expensive film, and read by a highly trained radiologist, not to mention the cost of any nurses and administrative people involved in your sojourn at the hospital.

Next time, maybe you'll be able to tell yourself that all you need is a little suction and directly contact your local monkey or, if it's really bad, fry cook.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: What the hell is wrong with health care in America? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3899661 - 03/10/05 07:21 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Kill the lawyers, that's the answer. My family has dealt with many lawyers and all I have to say about them is that they are greedy pieces of shit and are creating more greed in people.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: What the hell is wrong with health care in America? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3899856 - 03/10/05 08:07 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

You fucked up your knee, had to go to the emergency room, the doctor sucked some shit out with a syringe and you're complaining about a $350 bill! Are you fucking kidding me? That doctor went through 8 to 12 years of expensive education after high school

I was not complaining about the hospital bill or the X-ray bill. I was complaining about the bill from the doctor. I don't think he should have charged me $153.00 for two minutes of work and talk.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3899898 - 03/10/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

You know, I once heard a story about a guy who had some major problems with his plumbing, so he called a plumber. The plumber had a look at the water heater, and hit it with his wrench. The problem was solved. He gave the people a bill for $300. They were shocked and asked for an itemized bill. So he wrote it down and handed it to them. It said:

Hitting the water heater: $50

Knowing where to hit it: $250

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: What the hell is wrong with health care in America? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3899936 - 03/10/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Let's figure this out:

$153 for two minutes = $4590 per hour wage

God doesn't even make that much money.

Edited by RandalFlagg (03/10/05 08:31 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3900011 - 03/10/05 08:47 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Not everyone gets paid by the hour, ya know.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: What the hell is wrong with health care in America? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3900086 - 03/10/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I know.

I still think it is ridiculous to get charged by him for that much.

...two minutes of work!! Two minutes!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures