Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Thinking in languages
    #3407752 -

When I lied in bed, I thought, in Norwegian, but as I had come to a ?lack of words?, I think the same thinking in English, then se if I could continue it there. If I can, I then translate the English word that got me further, if able; I then can continue the Norwegian thought no longer ?lacing words? and combine words as I please.

Same thing, visa versa if I?m thinking in English and ?get stuck?. 

Do this sound familiar at all to anyone? Hehe

:confused: :thumbup:

"I think, think I"
-unknown :P


--------------------


--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking in languages [Re: Gomp]
    #3407846 -

Eventually thought will reach the point where it is difficult to go any further, as you have to redefine current words to make you own meaning for them to be able to continue that thought line. But, as you create your own language for what you are thinking, it becomes more and more impossible to convey these thoughts to any other person.

I would love to know a second language to help thought patterns, using existing languages to fully complete ideas.

"I think, therefore I am" -Descartes


--------------------

Edited by Shmoppy McGillicuddy (11/25/04 11:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking in languages [Re: Gomp]
    #3407847 -

do you heat up when you get stuck?
(I do)
this could be an adaptive advantage for Norway


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking in languages [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3407858 -

haha, same thing with me gomp, when I talk in Russian, i think in english, then if i get stuck, i replace a russian word, with an english one....then my parents get confused....lol


--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking in languages *DELETED* [Re: Gomp]
    #3407965 -

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking in languages [Re: poke smot!]
    #3407988 -

Definately, varied languages do make you think outside the box, expressing yourself on different levels is always interesting...:)


--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking in languages [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3413844 -

yea, i know what you are talking about....wrap your brain around this....

what language did you think in before you learned to talk? when you were born what was your original language? if you could even call it language


--------------------
the jent

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking in languages *DELETED* [Re: jent]
    #3414416 -

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking in languages [Re: poke smot!]
    #3414760 -

This post has inspired me to go to a foreign land and just stand there and listen. Oh to be lost again.


--------------------


"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking in languages [Re: jent]
    #3414781 -

jent said:
yea, i know what you are talking about....wrap your brain around this....

what language did you think in before you learned to talk? when you were born what was your original language? if you could even call it language



The universal language I still speak today. I don't have to say anything to a stranger passing me by on the street, but if he smiles, I understood him better than anything he could have said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Language Skill and Intelligence
( 1 2 3 all )
RebelSteve33 5,200 40 08/09/02 10:16 AM
by RebelSteve33
* Does language limit our imagination?
( 1 2 all )
Revelation 2,735 29 12/24/02 09:54 AM
by spud
* Post deleted by Administrator
( 1 2 all )
PsilosKube 3,817 25 09/04/02 12:19 AM
by Fliquid
* Why language is your greatest barrier
( 1 2 all )
HarveyWalbanger 4,081 36 10/01/02 10:19 AM
by Shroomism
* New Character, (house language) nugsarenice 1,884 13 04/27/02 12:01 AM
by cHeMiCaLbLuE
* Genetics and Homosexuality------I don't think so
( 1 2 3 4 all )
chemkid 10,039 78 07/29/02 03:45 PM
by chemkid
* Ego... language limit...
( 1 2 all )
Sclorch 4,350 24 07/15/02 12:43 AM
by MAIA
* Im doin my english final tomorrow.. Legoulash 705 4 01/17/03 05:19 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
668 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.