Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 727 | 728 | 729 | 730 | 731 | 732 | 733 | 734 | 735 | 736 | 737 | 738 | 739 | 740 | 741 | 742 | 743 | 744 | 745 | 746 | 747 | | Last >
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Wedgie]
    #29560551 -

Thank you pickle and wedgie, some good info here. I’m still a little confused about one thing, wedgie says to make sure I don’t have a fruiting isolate because I’ll get 1 to 2 stones most out of it.


Might sound very stupid but I am a little confused about this, are you referring to the agar wedge I received? If so, how do I go from it being used for fruiting, to getting stones? Can I clone the stone I get somehow and then use that to have a wedge that will give me more stones?

Sorry if I’m not using the correct terms here or seem confused, I’m trying to wrap my head around this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Dj_karma_magnet]
    #29560580 -

Edit: wrong thread, sorry

Edited by Dj_karma_magnet (04/26/26 11:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Dj_karma_magnet] * 3
    #29560784 -

That giveaway culture was selected for abundant stone production. I grew a couple MSS BRF pucks, cloned the largest stones, and then looked at how well those clones grew stones with a whole grain jar per isolate. It will fruit if the conditions are right for that, though maybe not as much as cultures selected primarily for fruiting. I don't think those are mutually exclusive, except in extreme cases perhaps?

Quote:
Can I clone the stone I get somehow and then use that to have a wedge that will give me more stones?



Yes, or you could expand and keep the culture on agar and avoid extra passes of stone cloning and agar cleanup. Distilled water stasis in cryovials works great with these, the giveaway culture was just revived from a plastic vial like that by putting a drop on agar and then expanded out to a DWA plate for wedges. (Not as pretty as this semperviva revival, but same idea.)

You can clone the stones by breaking them open in a SAB (like snapping an almond in half), cutting little bits out of the clean interior with a flamed scalpel, and putting them on agar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: pickle_jars] * 1
    #29561080 -

Hi. How long can/should I let sclerotia go in the jar? Next weekend will be 6 months for the jars I have going/growing. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 1
    #29561203 -

Mine started to get gnarly sometime after 6 months, though possibly closer to 8-9. From now on I'll probably aim to harvest them around 3-6 months, or spawn them to bulk by that point.

Once you harvest and separate out the stones you can still keep them in a paper bag in the fridge for a month or two, but they'll slowly lose water weight as they dry out, so keep that in mind while dosing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: pickle_jars]
    #29561205 -

Thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 3
    #29561540 -

Gilmour Hendrix said:
Hi. How long can/should I let sclerotia go in the jar? Next weekend will be 6 months for the jars I have going/growing. Thanks.



They can stay longer, but why? I harvest at two months, separate them out and spawn the grain to bulk. This enables me to grow more stones and get fruit as well. You don’t want to lose that grain. Also you can keep the stones in the fridge, but you can also let them air dry or dehydrate them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: AZ Starman2112] * 1
    #29561684 -

These "truffles"  are my new love...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29561708 -

Have you had good results with drying them? (ATL#7?) I've heard they lose most of their potency, but haven't tried yet myself, and don't want to perpetuate that without checking. I like stones, but they're so damn easy to grow I wound up with more than what I knew what to do with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: pickle_jars]
    #29562222 -

Does Tamp on grains usually produce this whispy, grayish mycelium? Just wanna make sure I’m not spending six months growing mold.




Have 7 jars. Planning on fruiting 2 or 3 and growing stones with the remaining. See any problem with that plan?

BTW- This thread is a goldmine!!


--------------------

"I learn by going where I have to go." Theodore Roethke


Bod's AF Search Engine Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: SamAtticus] * 2
    #29562229 -

To early to tell on that jar to my eye. Looks like you could have myc in a couple spots, but looking at how all the grains are covered in something it could be bacterial. How did you inoculate it and how long ago?

Also, having a plan is better than not having one. You can grow stones in all of them and then fruit all of them by going to bulk. I made a comment just above, saying what can be done, but I’ll say it here again. Grow your stones for a couple months in your jars, sort them out from the grain and then send the grain to bulk. From there, you’ll grow more stones and fruits. I personally have let the totes colonize for a month, then case them to fruit. You can get at least five flushes of fruits pretty easily over the course of another two months. Then you can harvest the stones from the tote and discard the substrate. Tamps will fruit nicely on straight coir or CV. You need to case them though with something the myc will not colonize. I use a mix of jiffy mix and calcium sand 50/50 by weight. I hydrate that to FC and pasteurize it.  A lot of what I learned growing tamps is from the people here and a special shoutout to ShitDickNancy for walking me through most of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29562284 -

Thanks so much for the quick feedback! Inoculated using an LC I made from a spore syringe cleaned up on agar. Grains are just rye and coffee sterilized. Hoping to fruit to CV+. But now I’m not so confident. Is my LC contaminated?! Done it so many times with no problems…


--------------------

"I learn by going where I have to go." Theodore Roethke


Bod's AF Search Engine Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: SamAtticus] * 6
    #29562320 -

Tamp mycelium always looks like death. :lol:

You're likely to question it all the way until stones form. And even then..


ATL7 1 year old

Eventually you just get used to it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: SamAtticus] * 1
    #29562376 -

I don’t think you need to go through the trouble of fruiting to CV+. Straight coir or just CV will work just fine for tamps. As far as your LC being contaminated, I’m not an LC guy, but it is possible. I’d post a pic of your LC and let an LC person look at it. I do agar to grain myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: the_chosen_one] * 2
    #29562538 -

divineverdance said:
These "truffles"  are my new love...




They really are amazing huh? :laugh:

@SamAtticus give it a few more days, it might be fine!

the_chosen_one said:
Tamp mycelium always looks like death... :lol:


Eventually you just get used to it.



Hahah yeah sorta XD at the same time it's epic too!

All jars of Tampanensis/ATL#7 mycelium, note the variations. Some strictly fruiting isolates.


I even had one jar with what looked like bruised truffles and when spawned, it was fine.
The appearance of truffles in the jars is odd, like squished oyster molluscs.
Also you betcha, usually truffles do bruise! Sometimes subtly or not at all.


--------------------
Nature Reclaims All.
See, I'm flarkin' helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Wedgie] * 4
    #29563444 -

You guys are incredible! Thanks for the generosity with your experience and knowledge! I’ll give them a chance and see what happens!


--------------------

"I learn by going where I have to go." Theodore Roethke


Bod's AF Search Engine Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: SamAtticus] * 7
    #29565132 -



Got 7 of these, will probably fruit 1 or 2 outside this summer.


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: schmutzen] * 3
    #29567838 -

Hi, got tampanensis wedges some weeks ago and I'm getting dome like myc




Is this normal? Thank in advance


--------------------


Give away list

Edited by mush_monkey (05/05/26 12:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: mush_monkey] * 1
    #29567844 -

mush_monkey said:
Hi, got ampanrnsud wedges some weeks ago and I'm getting dome like myc




Is this normal? Thank in advance



I hope so, mine do that too.
😆
But yeah, should be fine as far as I know.


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: mush_monkey] * 2
    #29569903 -

mush_monkey said:
Hi, got tampanensis wedges some weeks ago and I'm getting dome like myc




Is this normal? Thank in advance



More domes! 😂
They seem happy enough.




--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 727 | 728 | 729 | 730 | 731 | 732 | 733 | 734 | 735 | 736 | 737 | 738 | 739 | 740 | 741 | 742 | 743 | 744 | 745 | 746 | 747 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* does the indian orisa produce sclerotia ? stara 2,263 6 04/07/24 07:00 AM
by dna24
* Does Psilocybe mexicana Jalisco Strain produce sclerotia? theshiftingwalls 4,692 2 12/06/03 12:33 PM
by automan
* The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 806 807 )
Hillbillyjohn 629,261 16,124 10/03/26 09:10 AM
by Guerrilla
* P.Cubensis producing sclerotia? CoolTJ 2,522 2 03/03/03 12:47 AM
by diacamomo
* The official PF TEK cultivation thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
callmehippieS 4,974 177 10/02/26 05:22 PM
by fahtster
* Mushroom stones TriptopinkFloyd 2,279 4 12/10/02 05:21 PM
by TriptopinkFloyd
* Cloning sclerotia? Submob 8,687 9 12/20/03 07:00 PM
by OJK
* about sclerotia producing species... ph_plus 5,094 6 06/05/03 04:46 AM
by zeronio

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
588,693 topic views. 13 members, 51 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.019 seconds on 16 queries.