Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1363 | 1364 | 1365 | 1366 | 1367 | 1368 | 1369 | 1370 | 1371 | 1372 | 1373 | 1374 | 1375 | 1376 | 1377 | 1378 | 1379 | 1380 | 1381 | 1382 | 1383 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushboy]
    #29055259 -

Assuming he's referring to Pans, which lack the genes for rhizomorphic growth, they run very slow on full nutrient agar.  They're also often slow on grains.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Edited by tree frog (12/13/24 07:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tree frog] * 2
    #29055264 -

nah im talking more about rhizo vs tom like why does it matter to him. are pans different?

if they lack the genes why bother? and if hes upping the nutes doesnt that defeat the purpose:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tree frog] * 3
    #29055271 -

They also stretch out a lot nicer and it's easier to see clean growth.

Panaeolus sp.


Editing because I didn't see your response before. ingeli is section caerulescenta, which means it could produce rhizomorphs. I like seeing the rhizomorphs if it's capable of producing them.

Ive noticed that if I go too low in nutes, rhizos will also go away, as crazy as that sounds

Edit: I'm a dummy.. I keep mixing up igneli with natalensis. ingeli is section cordisporae. It will not go rhizomorphic 🤦‍♂️ .5% she remains

Edited by PhenoDreamers (12/13/24 01:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PhenoDreamers]
    #29056304 -

My first time doing swab to agar. The plates I brushed the swab against are not doing anything yet. But the one I shoved the swab in is. It doesn't look too great though. Is the black transferable? It has a mycelium looking growth to it. I do not know if it's just spores from the swab or contamination. Plate is contaminated either way. But if the black is good, I can transfer some.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: shadowpeople] * 2
    #29056308 -

shadowpeople said:
My first time doing swab to agar. The plates I brushed the swab against are not doing anything yet. But the one I shoved the swab in is. It doesn't look too great though. Is the black transferable? It has a mycelium looking growth to it. I do not know if it's just spores from the swab or contamination. Plate is contaminated either way. But if the black is good, I can transfer some.



I don't think anything on that plate looks good. I would wait out the other plates and look for white growth. How long has it been?


--------------------
🌾💮🫘🥖

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: hellofresh]
    #29056311 -

I did on the 10th, 4 days. So, the black not normal with a swab I take it. Didn't think so. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: shadowpeople]
    #29056331 -

Nothing on that plate is usable.

Did you use clean swabs?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #29056338 -

I couldn't say how clean they are. swab was given to me along with some others I haven't used yet. They said some of them were little old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: shadowpeople]
    #29056341 -

Okay I see, I thought you swabbed the fruit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #29056883 -

You think the NE (Nepalese) LC test is looking ok or is that mold?



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tittlez] * 9
    #29057294 -


:crankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: catnip40] * 6
    #29057401 -

Looks kinda like Danny devito as the penguin


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wall.E]
    #29057453 -

tittlez said:
You think the NE (Nepalese) LC test is looking ok or is that mold?





nepalese is a cube species yea?? both of those test plates look dirty. the top one has good uniformed shaped growths, which i like and would probably transfer but, where its radiating out from looks kinda gnarly. i cant tell if its actually discolored or im seeing thru the myc to the blueish agar.  id probably toss the lower one but im pretty choosey with my plates

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sloug] * 1
    #29057471 -

oh also..



TEAM BOTH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sloug]
    #29057562 -




LC test plate - 12/8

I'm not sure I like the way it doesn't want to consolidate and become one colony. I think I'm going to let it go another 3 or 4 days before calling it.

Truthfully, I'm not confident in my ability to read this. Thoughts or opinions welcome and appreciated.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #29057580 -



Hello,
Just wondering what these white dots might be?  think they are pins or are they contamination?  If they ar epics, can I put them to LC or should I put them to Coir?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: chfbrd]
    #29057584 -

chfbrd said:


Hello,
Just wondering what these white dots might be?  think they are pins or are they contamination?  If they ar epics, can I put them to LC or should I put them to Coir?



They look like knots to me, but let someone with more experience verify that. 🤘


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #29057602 -

:whatshesaid:


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #29057608 -

ThurmanMurman said:



LC test plate - 12/8

I'm not sure I like the way it doesn't want to consolidate and become one colony. I think I'm going to let it go another 3 or 4 days before calling it.

Truthfully, I'm not confident in my ability to read this. Thoughts or opinions welcome and appreciated.



the area from 12-3 on the first pic looks a little funky but the images are too blurry to see whats going on exactly. its normal to have multiple sections of growth when putting LC to agar. they will more or less just grow into each other.  wont really become "one colony", at least visually. 

Edited by sloug (12/15/24 01:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sloug]
    #29057684 -

If they are knots....should I put the plate to coir?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1363 | 1364 | 1365 | 1366 | 1367 | 1368 | 1369 | 1370 | 1371 | 1372 | 1373 | 1374 | 1375 | 1376 | 1377 | 1378 | 1379 | 1380 | 1381 | 1382 | 1383 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,197 topic views. 16 members, 59 guests and 203 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.056 seconds spending 0.034 seconds on 18 queries.