Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | 1021 | 1022 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy] * 1
    #28218906 -

OK guys I've just finished pouring a load of new plates & I'm waiting for them to cool, I'll be following Rotnpins' PLIN tek method as it looks nifty & I'll just transfer nice looking wedges out of the rest.

Thanks to everyone that responded for the advice :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tholos]
    #28219059 -

tholos said:
from LC to a
Seeker604 said:
Enigma T1s this evening; took six T2s:




LC > Agar > T1 > T2 ?



No, I don’t work with liquid cultures. I was gifted a clone plate recently and these are transfer counts from the gifted plate.

🍄💙🍄

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: stockw]
    #28219602 -

stockw said:
OK guys I've just finished pouring a load of new plates & I'm waiting for them to cool, I'll be following Rotnpins' PLIN tek method as it looks nifty & I'll just transfer nice looking wedges out of the rest.

Thanks to everyone that responded for the advice :smile:



Would you mind posting a link to this tek? I’ve never heard of it and the search function doesn’t return anything by that name for Rotnpins or anyone else.


--------------------
Bod's Easy AF Search Engine TEK

Let's stay focused on what works consistently.

"Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: myc_ousin_vinny] * 1
    #28219689 -

myc_ousin_vinny said:
stockw said:
OK guys I've just finished pouring a load of new plates & I'm waiting for them to cool, I'll be following Rotnpins' PLIN tek method as it looks nifty & I'll just transfer nice looking wedges out of the rest.

Thanks to everyone that responded for the advice :smile:



Would you mind posting a link to this tek? I’ve never heard of it and the search function doesn’t return anything by that name for Rotnpins or anyone else.



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28031270#28031270


--------------------


🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼  🄲 🅄 🅁 🄸 🄾 🅄 🅂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: myc_ousin_vinny]
    #28219692 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: buddzy] * 2
    #28219734 -

Stupid sexy fresh poured no condensation agar


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dowodenum]
    #28220039 -

Yes this is the one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: stockw] * 3
    #28221224 -

stockw said:
...Rotnpins' PLIN tek....



PLINZZZZ. Plins make me happy. Here's new x7x plin, also T1 of the x7x plins I transferred last week.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #28221346 -

How long did it take to pin from inoculation? Did you start with a wedge? Curious as I always use or refrigerate before they hit the edges.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DreadedFarms]
    #28221435 -

DreadedFarms said:
How long did it take to pin from inoculation? Did you start with a wedge? Curious as I always use or refrigerate before they hit the edges.



Usually takes 6 to 7 weeks on my end to get a plin. I do normal inoculation usually on a germ(ination) plate (from spores.)

Or do you mean these wedges growing out rhizo? I transferred the plin culture to these 4 days ago. Pic here right before I transferred. 

And I had transferred the plin to a plate 9 days before that, photos here. I'd also transferred wedges away from that for the F line to go to T1 then send to grain, did that before I sealed it back up to let it grow out to plins. That plate grew out from fresh spores I'd printed a few days earlier.

Plins just happen sometimes. But if you're trying for plins, it helps if you mix the agar with a little extra water and seal well so it doesn't dry out. I do it at the same temp I do everything, 70 F. The agar I'd used here was modified water agar, my normal mix but without the dextrose. Details here. Not needed, just trying to make sure everything's clean.

I'd already transferred away from this and just let it keep going to get plins. 

I've had very good luck from a plin clone, first one I did turned out stronger than just multispore of same spores. Most of what I've grown in the past two years has been that same strong x7x clone.

If you want to clone plins, you want to harvest them before they drop spores, and cut them above the surface so you don't get any of the agar with multispore culture in it in the transfer.

I'm now doing successive spore Fs off of that one, trying to stabilize a mutant I got that was taller and had a nipple on each one. So far I'm at F5 in grain jar phase.

These plins are a side chain off that, not the same line, a side-line. I need a clone for an experiment that I'm doing.

I'm actually hoping the clone will be less strong than the other clone, long story, will be explained later once I do it.

Edited by nektar61 (03/08/23 08:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 4
    #28221511 -

My LAGM 2023 plates are starting to turn the corner and approach transfer to grain.

These are all Cubensis T2s going to grain on Friday:

Thai Pink Buffalo


Purple Mystic


Tidal Wave x Jack Frost


And these are all T2 plates that should be ready for grain by late weekend or early next week:

Jik's Ghost:


Wombat's Jack Frost:


Yoshi's Ps. Nat. NSS and Standard varieties:


Peace & Light,

Seeker604

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Seeker604] * 2
    #28221547 -

Steel Magnolia


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Seeker604]
    #28221571 -

Seeker604 said:
My LAGM 2023 plates are starting to turn the corner and approach transfer to grain.

These are all Cubensis T2s going to grain on Friday:

Thai Pink Buffalo


Purple Mystic


Tidal Wave x Jack Frost


And these are all T2 plates that should be ready for grain by late weekend or early next week:

Jik's Ghost:


Wombat's Jack Frost:


Yoshi's Ps. Nat. NSS and Standard varieties:


Peace & Light,

Seeker604



Nice looking plates! Always a good day when you can send something to grain.

:vibin:


--------------------
Bod's Easy AF Search Engine TEK

Let's stay focused on what works consistently.

"Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: myc_ousin_vinny] * 5
    #28222092 -

My latest clones. EQ have been fun to work with.







--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Scemilope] * 6
    #28222868 -

Got some germination on my Toque F8 plates.








--------------------
My L.A.G.M 2023 grow log
Everything you’ve learned and been told is a lie. You are living in a  simulated reality called the game 23. The obstacle is for you to escape this matrix. Your conscience is stored in the Black Saturn cube, you need to find a way to escape now as Judgement day is coming. I live through the conscience minds of those who seek enlightenment through way of psychedelic. I’m the messenger brought down to your realm


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Scemilope]
    #28222875 -

Hi everyone, have a question about pouring and PC-ing.
I see most of you doing hot pours and was wondering if anyone pours unsterilized agar and then PCs the plates.

Or is this stupid? If any of you PC the poured plates, how do you deal with condensation and water vapor getting into the plates while PC-ing?

I keep thinking if I sterilize the plates and move them to the SAB after the PC cools down and then PC the agar, I'll still have vapor in them plus they'll be in the SAB for a some time till the agar PCs and cools.

What am I getting wrong here? Is there a right way to do this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: drVetker] * 1
    #28222876 -

drVetker said:
Hi everyone, have a question about pouring and PC-ing.
I see most of you doing hot pours and was wondering if anyone pours unsterilized agar and then PCs the plates.

Or is this stupid? If any of you PC the poured plates, how do you deal with condensation and water vapor getting into the plates while PC-ing?

I keep thinking if I sterilize the plates and move them to the SAB after the PC cools down and then PC the agar, I'll still have vapor in them plus they'll be in the SAB for a some time till the agar PCs and cools.

What am I getting wrong here? Is there a right way to do this?



You’re describing a “no pour” plate. Yes, people do it.

Condensation isn’t an issue really if you store plates at room temp for a week or so prior to use. I don’t even think about condensation anymore.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #28222923 -

Smellyhobbit said:
drVetker said:
Hi everyone, have a question about pouring and PC-ing.
I see most of you doing hot pours and was wondering if anyone pours unsterilized agar and then PCs the plates.

Or is this stupid? If any of you PC the poured plates, how do you deal with condensation and water vapor getting into the plates while PC-ing?

I keep thinking if I sterilize the plates and move them to the SAB after the PC cools down and then PC the agar, I'll still have vapor in them plus they'll be in the SAB for a some time till the agar PCs and cools.

What am I getting wrong here? Is there a right way to do this?



You’re describing a “no pour” plate. Yes, people do it.

Condensation isn’t an issue really if you store plates at room temp for a week or so prior to use. I don’t even think about condensation anymore.



Okay, thank you. What I noticed is a lot of vapor getting into the glass plate and when the PC cools down and I take them out, it's not only condensed on the plate cover but there is water on the agar surface. This cannot be good. Would letting them stay at room temp for a week make the water absorb/evaporate?
Or should I seal before PCing with something?
And if not, shouldn't they be sealed in the SAB with parafilm prior to letting them sit around for week?

Should I stack them after taking out of the PC and leaving for a week?

Sorry for the many questions here, i'm trying to understand, I need more details than what you wrote already.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: drVetker] * 1
    #28222928 -

I’m fairly certain people don’t do no pours with glass petris. You need an autoclavable material can be sealed, like half pint mason jar or the holy grail plates.

Edit: Nevermind people totally do it


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Edited by Smellyhobbit (03/10/23 11:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 5
    #28222940 -

DERRAYLD has a write up for no pours in glass dishes. I did it once. Pour em, let them solidify, then thoroughly wrap the stacks in multiple layers of tinfoil, PC, once cooled completely remove from pc and goto ur flow or sab and get them surand or filmed


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | 1021 | 1022 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,938 topic views. 23 members, 172 guests and 176 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.021 seconds on 16 queries.