Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 761 | 762 | 763 | 764 | 765 | 766 | 767 | 768 | 769 | 770 | 771 | 772 | 773 | 774 | 775 | 776 | 777 | 778 | 779 | 780 | 781 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Not Quite Social]
    #27855287 -

:takingnotes:please post results next time i get a culture like that im going to baby it to the jar and see what happens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushboy]
    #27855292 -

Then there’s this.. could be wet bubble… maybe lol.  A lot of good debate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: fahtster]
    #27855298 -



lets see what red #3 is all about with these purple guys


--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: fahtster]
    #27855312 -

Oh boy... I have a lot to learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushboy]
    #27855315 -

Will do. Looking forward to comparing notes :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Not Quite Social]
    #27855483 -

Continuing to fail to get my nats going. These 4 plates were inoculated 6/22 from prints. There was never any sign of good looking growth to transfer.

Can you see the halos around the germ plates on the 2 dishes with sparse growth? Is this contam?

Is there anything for me to learn from these plates before I toss them?





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Not Quite Social]
    #27855495 -

Not Quite Social said:
"Hella tome" :grin: ........yep

Thanks for the encouragement and good luck with your FP+. Mine germinated fast and contam-free. Praise Faht, the man sends clean swabs!

*

*

*

Can anyone tell me if the way this myc grew out is acceptable or bad, and why? Thanks






I normally toss plates like that, the mission to figure out where to mold is coming from is too frustrating.

My fp+ is different


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: BlueAndOrange]
    #27855511 -

BlueAndOrange said:
Continuing to fail to get my nats going. These 4 plates were inoculated 6/22 from prints. There was never any sign of good looking growth to transfer.

Can you see the halos around the germ plates on the 2 dishes with sparse growth? Is this contam?

Is there anything for me to learn from these plates before I toss them?








Oh man you're not having any luck with your spores.
I'll be sharing some nat prints soon, they take 2 months to get overseas though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: BlueAndOrange]
    #27855512 -

BlueAndOrange said:
Continuing to fail to get my nats going. These 4 plates were inoculated 6/22 from prints. There was never any sign of good looking growth to transfer.

Can you see the halos around the germ plates on the 2 dishes with sparse growth? Is this contam?

Is there anything for me to learn from these plates before I toss them?








I would try s2a again with new plates. These don't look like healthy nat mycelium at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tweeq]
    #27855637 -

Rite people I need some advice

I have changed my agar plate recipe from
From potato flake -agar to LM agar

And when I do a transfer from my old dish which is healthy like I also do exactly the same way to my new dishes there not really taking it

But when I clone a mushroom in the new plates the mycelium grows like wild fire

Penis envy 6 is what I done a transfer of
Ape~tar was the clone

The new recipe is 10g agar 7.5 lm to 500ml water
Crystal clear plates but the mycelium from a transfer doesn’t like it compared to a clone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Barry nye] * 1
    #27855667 -

Barry nye said:
Rite people I need some advice

I have changed my agar plate recipe from
From potato flake -agar to LM agar

And when I do a transfer from my old dish which is healthy like I also do exactly the same way to my new dishes there not really taking it

But when I clone a mushroom in the new plates the mycelium grows like wild fire

Penis envy 6 is what I done a transfer of
Ape~tar was the clone

The new recipe is 10g agar 7.5 lm to 500ml water
Crystal clear plates but the mycelium from a transfer doesn’t like it compared to a clone




I'd wait for a TC or someone with more experience to confirm or say otherwise,  but my theory is that it may be due to changing the food source.. the clone isn't already used to the potato flakes, but the mycelium from the transfer is... I could be completely wrong..

IF that is the case, it may just need a longer adjustment period before it starts to take off like the clone.

Like I said, I don't have anything to back this up, but I thought I'd just throw my theory out there :shrug:

***
Question, does it matter what kind of food coloring you use? Are there any ingredients/brands/etc to avoid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 2
    #27855672 -

I’ve read certain food colorings have anti-fungal properties. Red#3 is what I’ve seen mentioned the most.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Barry nye]
    #27855719 -

I’ve read that spores germinate better on softer agar. But that doesn’t help with contamination that might grow faster than the spores. If the spores are older, maybe try hydrating them first

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 2
    #27855733 -

Is there an objective reason to ever use food coloring at all? if you use LME which gives you clear plates, I just can't see the reasoning at all.

Less ingredients at every stage works, but there is some obsession with food coloring, yeast, coffee, even vermiculite and gypsum, which are all completely unnecessary.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Brian Jones] * 3
    #27855735 -

Objectively blue agar plates look cooler

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy] * 1
    #27855746 -

milkboy said:
Objectively blue agar plates look cooler



I second this


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 2
    #27855749 -

Does that mean that red plates look hotter?


--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LotKid]
    #27855751 -

Yo Lotkid you make up that gypsum agar yet?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy]
    #27855755 -

Blue is better than black which is better than clear

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27855789 -

The faintest bit of activated charcoal makes a kinda blue grey. Like 0.2 gram per liter or less. 


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 761 | 762 | 763 | 764 | 765 | 766 | 767 | 768 | 769 | 770 | 771 | 772 | 773 | 774 | 775 | 776 | 777 | 778 | 779 | 780 | 781 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,002 topic views. 27 members, 188 guests and 203 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.02 seconds on 18 queries.