Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 688 | 689 | 690 | 691 | 692 | 693 | 694 | 695 | 696 | 697 | 698 | 699 | 700 | 701 | 702 | 703 | 704 | 705 | 706 | 707 | 708 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 1
    #27727145 -

When i started out i thought you can make super clones :laugh: I would clone a clone and clone a clone and clone a clone. 4 generations. I still use the culture sometimes. I only did a master slant after about 3 years. I think I haven't seen an extreme amount of quality decline. I don't know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dendrocopos] * 1
    #27727208 -

Dendrocopos said:
When i started out i thought you can make super clones :laugh: I would clone a clone and clone a clone and clone a clone. 4 generations. I still use the culture sometimes. I only did a master slant after about 3 years. I think I haven't seen an extreme amount of quality decline. I don't know.



Yeah I think it gets way overplayed. I’ve seen the thread QM33 linked before and it is in fact where the quote I was thinking of came from courtesy of Workman:

Quote:
Workman also said cloning a clone isn't as terrible as people make it out to be and should in most cases be totally fine.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SwabMarley] * 2
    #27727234 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #27727240 -

Wassup with that black circle in the middle ?

Ps, since the father of punches is here. I found a telescopic (that thing you use to put your shoes on easier, what's that called?). I ripped it apart and got a pretty perfect punch. Thin metal. Rubber handle. Wooha



Any ideas of something i can stuff it with so it won't be so hollow ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dendrocopos]
    #27727328 -

Why I'm always confused and in dilemma when I want to take some sectors out:x

So confusing

Edited by EnDelfisE (04/09/22 01:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: EnDelfisE]
    #27727635 -

Greetings all,
I’ve been lurking and cultivating for a while now but recently moved and switched agar recipes. The place I’m at now is much cleaner than the previous area I used to do agar work in. I took some tissue clones and have transferred them one time, does this look like a competitor mold piggybacking on the mycelium? Transfers from about 10 different clones are all exhibiting this fuzz in the center.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: moondeer] * 1
    #27727889 -

Can't tell from the pic. You would need to take the lid off and get the camera up close.

Something like this would be the most helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: 0ptiquest] * 2
    #27727940 -

0ptiquest said:
How would you keep a sporeless cube going without cloning clones of clones?



Clone it and use that plate to make a slant or two (masters). Use a piece of myc from the slant to make slaves and use the slave plates to inoculate grain.

If you ever run into senescence, you can go back to the slant to make more slaves.



--------------------


Edited by Doctor Mario (04/09/22 08:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: WeavieWonder]
    #27727955 -

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I don’t have the best camera but here’s what I got.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: moondeer]
    #27727973 -




Sent one to a quart of wbs and one to a half pint of wbs cuz that's what was left over.  I'll use it for a novelty grow or something. :shrug:


--------------------
Vibetyme's LAGM 2.022

Vibetyme's LAGM_23

Vibetyme's LAGM_24

                 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #27727975 -



I would really love to know what that area in the dark circle is. Every germ plate a do has a shitty looking area like that. I would really love to know what's up with that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dendrocopos] * 2
    #27727990 -

Could be weak myc or meshed mold. That's what I've always assumed anyway. I've never grown it out and fruited to see what it does.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: moondeer]
    #27728166 -

moondeer said:
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I don’t have the best camera but here’s what I got.






Looks like mold. Here's your photo, just tweaked it in photoshop a bit.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dendrocopos]
    #27728168 -

Dendrocopos said:


I would really love to know what that area in the dark circle is. Every germ plate a do has a shitty looking area like that. I would really love to know what's up with that.



That culture is getting rat-fucked by mold. It looks like the same shit that moondeer has on his plates. Impossible to get rid of. You just gotta junk it and start over.

Edited by WeavieWonder (04/09/22 11:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: WeavieWonder]
    #27728172 -

Ovoid T2 starting to look sexy.



--------------------
Two eyes to look, One eye to see.
Prying open my third eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #27728174 -

Yeah that's the thing. Everyone has a different opinion on this. I remember crack (i think) saying he deals with plates like this all the time and that he just transfers away. I have transfered away from literally this as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dendrocopos]
    #27728210 -

If you catch it early enough it might be possible to transfer away. I threw the kitchen sink at that culture and couldn't get away from the mold to save my life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: WeavieWonder]
    #27728216 -

WeavieWonder said:
Dendrocopos said:


I would really love to know what that area in the dark circle is. Every germ plate a do has a shitty looking area like that. I would really love to know what's up with that.



That culture is getting rat-fucked by mold. It looks like the same shit that moondeer has on his plates. Impossible to get rid of. You just gotta junk it and start over.



Do what? Dude, that’s terrible advice. Those cultures are pretty dang healthy and very workable, potential “mold” or not.

Take some transfers anywhere from 6 to 10 o’clock on new plates and go from there. Definitely don’t trash the whole deal.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Boozie]
    #27728220 -

And don’t say cobweb.


--------------------

Edited by Boozie (04/10/22 12:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Boozie]
    #27728232 -

Boozie said:
WeavieWonder said:
Dendrocopos said:


I would really love to know what that area in the dark circle is. Every germ plate a do has a shitty looking area like that. I would really love to know what's up with that.



That culture is getting rat-fucked by mold. It looks like the same shit that moondeer has on his plates. Impossible to get rid of. You just gotta junk it and start over.



Do what? Dude, that’s terrible advice. Those cultures are pretty dang healthy and very workable, potential “mold” or not.

Take some transfers anywhere from 6 to 10 o’clock on new plates and go from there. Definitely don’t trash the whole deal.



Well its not "potential" mold, it is mold. And it's overtaking that culture. As you can see I took a transfer from 6 o' clock and the contaminant still transferred over. This was one of many many plates from a project some years back. They all had this contam. Couldn't shake it. Perhaps a more skilled hand could have dealt with it better, but I think once mold gets a good enough grip, it won't let go.

Here's an enhanced pic. The only spot not covered is at 10 o' clock.


Edited by WeavieWonder (04/10/22 12:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 688 | 689 | 690 | 691 | 692 | 693 | 694 | 695 | 696 | 697 | 698 | 699 | 700 | 701 | 702 | 703 | 704 | 705 | 706 | 707 | 708 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,833 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,542 topic views. 6 members, 55 guests and 157 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.016 seconds on 16 queries.