Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
LAGM version 2.022 * 24
    #27599264 - 12/29/21 10:18 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

That's right, the annual tradition continues - Lets All Grow Mushrooms version 2.022 has just begun!

"Bigfoot, what the hell is LAGM?" - I'm glad you asked! Let's All Grow Mushrooms is a shroomery tradition where participants all grow mushrooms of any variety and species, updating their own grow logs along the way and watching other peoples grow logs take place. In essence, it is one giant community grow-along! Pretty cool, right?

"That does sound pretty cool, how do I join?" - Great question! If you're interested in taking place in this awesome tradition all you have to do is read the rules and reply to this thread! The spot where you reply to this thread will become your grow log that you update throughout the year. I will make you a link so it's easier for you and others to find your journals and post it on the first post of this thread. You can even put the link to your page in your signature so other people throughout the forum can see the progress you're making and know that you're super cool :cool:

"There's rules? That's stupid" - You're stupid!

HERE ARE THE RULES

- You must sign up. I guess you could just start posting in here without a page but that would be weird.
- Any and all species and varieties are welcome
- Whatever you're growing has to be started FROM SPORES, ON AGAR!
- We start January 1, 2022
- Don't be a dick! This is to have fun, show off a little and help others
- Have fun with it!

*** it has been brought to my attention that a few members would like to grow cultures that are only cultivatible via living culture (enigma, riptide, etc.). LAGM v. 2.022 is fucking WILD and will allow cultures that do not originate from spores, so long as it is not a variety that you are able to cultivate from spores. *** Please don't be fucking stupid and argue with me on this rule.

how to sign up

- reply to this thread to reserve your spot. Your response will serve as your grow log for the year.
- In your response to this thread include what species and varieties you are going to grow
- If you're still confused just watch the first few happen and you'll catch on quickly.
- that is all

****PRIZES*****

Oh you better believe there are going to be prizes for LAGM v. 2.022!!! To be eligible for prizes there are some rules that must be adhered to: you MUST start from spore (this excludes enigma and the other live cultures people are including), your plates MUST have been started ON or AFTER January 1, 2022, you MUST be a registered member of LAGM (no lurkers). ALL RULES MUST BE MET IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A PRIZE!! To redeem a prize please contact the person who is 'sponsoring' the prize.

@The Fresh Prints has offered up the first prize to the first member who can cultivate a 50g+ single fruit - slaps and swabs of Melmak TP, Yeti, AMVP!

@Crackatoa Has offered slaps and a mystery bundle of spores to the first harvest of 700g or more!

@SmartAttack Is offering a spectacular agar tool to everyone who has registered! Description, details and a demonstration can be found right here! This isn't one I would want to miss out on :rockon:

@bigfootscreepyuncl(#1) Is offering to cover the shipping cost of @SmartAttacks prize for the first 5g+ Panaleous fruit body (no substrate allowed on the stipe and US shipping only).

(#2)Since so many of us are running Gandalf for this LAGM I will offer up a TAT family genetic bundle for the biggest single Gandalf fruit grown before 7/2/2022 (midway point of the year). There can not be any substrate on the stipe and there must be a photo to document the specimen.

more prizes to come

Lets get the LAGM v. 2.022 party started!!

Ababyphoenix -

Species: P. cubensis
Varietie(s): APEU

AlvWoodz -

Species: Pan. cyan
Varietie(s): cambo, atl. 7

arpeggiator -

Species: P. tampenesis, P. cubensis
Varietie(s): Trinity

Atomsplit -

Varietie(s): Tidalwave

Ban -

Varietie(s): B+, AA+

Beano -

Varietie(s): Unknown

benson -

Varietie(s): Melmak, Yeti

bigfootscreepyuncle -

Varietie(s): Gandalf, TAT, Jack Frost, Albino Cambodian

Bigworm -

Varietie(s): Melmak TP

BSUUF2 -

Varietie(s): Melmak x Averys Albino, Leucistic Trinity, Trinity, CRS, 'Saturn', RW

Camera93 -

Species: P. cubensis, Pan. cyan.
Varietie(s): Tasmanian, RW, Jamaican

ChrlsDxtrWrd -

Varietie(s): Z strain, Redboy revert, Cambodian gold

CocaineBuffet -

Varietie(s): I am a man of mystery

coversall -

Species: Pan. cyan
Varietie(s): Wild Coast Red Spore

Crackatoa -

Varietie(s): PF Classic, PE6

Drboomer -

Species: P. cubensis, Ps. tampenesis
Varietie(s): Argentina, PE Trinity, Golden Halo, LPEU, Galindoi

Elf_on_a_Log -

Species: P. cubensis, P. tampenesis, P. cyan, Natalensis
Varieties: PE, APEU, MVP, ATL7 Cosmo, Mex A, Nat, Pan Cyan Estero, Pan Cyan Jamaica, Pan Jambo

Evertking -

Varietie(s): APE, NAPE, PE, GT

Forrester -

Species: P. natalensis, P. cubensis (?)
Varieties(s): Nats, PEAA (?), APEU (?)

ghiajake -

Species: Psilocybe azurescens, Psilocybe cyanescens, P. cubensis
Varietie(s): Orissa, Purple Mystic, Melmak PE, APEU

Hindsight -

Species: Pan. Bisporus, Pan. Cyan., P. Tamp., P. Subtropicalis, P. cyan., P. azurescens
Varietie(s):

Imatryin -

Varietie(s): Thai, PE6

Infinite Monkeys -

Varietie(s): PESA, Averys Albino, TAT

Inthepit -

Varietie(s): TOC, PESA

Jarhead3521 -

Varietie(s): Malabar, ESS, TOC

jomanda1990 -
Varietie(s): AA+, Malabar

Josex -

Varietie(s): RustyDicks (f7)

JXAllen -

Varietie(s): Some random leucistic variety lol

kreg -

Varietie(s): APE, B+

Lemgrub -

Varietie(s): Gandalf

Loomy -

Varietie(s): Rusty Whyte, Natalensis

Mastershakes -

Varietie(s): Wild

MetaSophia -

Varietie(s): APE(R), Ghost

Mike Hawck -

Species: P. cubensis, Pan. cyan
Varietie(s): Gandalf, Volusia FL, Wild Coast

milkboy -

Varietie(s): PEAA, PESA

mistamonsta -

Species Ps. natalensis, Ps. cubensis, Morchella elata
Varietie(s) Nats, Stargazer, Morel

MojaveMyc -

Varietie(s): Fiji, Gandalf, Yeti

Mr._Magoo

Varietie(s): GT, Jack Frost

multifractal -

Species: P. cubensis, P. caerulescens
Varietie(s): PEU, Gandalf, PEU x Albino Riptide, Wild Florida (f2)

MushyMom -

Varietie(s): PESA, PE, B+, GT

MyceliumJuice -

Species: Ps. cubensis
Varietie(s): KAPE

Myc Hunt -

Varietie(s): Natalensis, SWPE, FP+, Gandalf, BK-Mak

Mycoplex -

Species Ps. cubensis
Varietie(s) Syzygy, ATL7 (Cosmoplex)

MycoWeek -

Varietie(s): Jack Frost, AA+

Nef -

Varietie(s): Hawaii, GT, Escondido

nerdintheshell -

Varietie(s): Albino Normak

Nichrome -

Species: P. cubensis, P. tampenesis
Varietie(s): Playa x Fiji (f2)

Noncense -

Varietie(s): El Choco, BK Mak, Powa Mak

offworld -

Varieties: Fiji, Burma, AA+

PreparationH -

Varietie(s): Gandalf, PE, APE

PrimalSoup -

Species: Ps. pseudoaztecorum
Varietie(s):

Psicomvb -

Species: P. gallindoi, Pan. cyan, P. cubensis
Varietie(s): Jambo, Malabar

PsiloPsychIn -

Species: Pan. cyan, Ps. Subaeruginosa, P. cubensis,
Varietie(s): Nec D, Golden Halo, KSSS Stubby Spaceship, Agrocybe Aegerita (Black Poplar)

PsyloFreak -

Varietie(s): Treasure Coast, B+, Golden Teacher

Regis -

Varietie(s): Albino A+, LGT
Species 2: Pan. cambo
Variety 2: Jambo

ReverendMyc -

Species: P. cubensis, Tampenesis, Mexicana, Semperviva
Varietie(s): PE, Pollock, Gallindoi, Jalisco

rince -

Varietie(s) KSSS

rockyfungus -

Species: Pan. cyan, Ps. cyan, P. cubensis
Varietie(s): Wild Coast, Burnell, PE x AA+

Rotnpins -

Species: P. cubensis, Natalensis, Semperviva, Ps. Stuntzii
Varietie(s): FP+

schpat -

Species: Ps. natalensis, P. cubensis, Pan. cyan
Varietie(s): nats, APE(r), RW

Scrimshaw -

Species: P. cubensis, Hericium erinaceus, Ganoderma lingzhi
Varietie(s): PF Classic, AA+

SilvJailbiddi -

Specie(s): P. cubensis, Natalensis, Semperviva
Varietie(s): Gandalf

Smartattack

Varietie(s): APE, AMAK, Rusty Whyte, Z strain, Enigma, Melmak, Pearly Gates

SpaceBaby -

Varietie(s): TYC, McKennai, Alcabenzi, PE6, Ghost

Sockadin -

Species: #1 Psilocybe Allenii
Variety: Cyano Friscosa
Species: #2 Psilocybe Cubensis
Variety: Playa Ultivata

The Fresh Prints -

Varietie(s): Apollo Rust (f4), Melmak x AA+ (f2), PE x RW (f2), PE x APEU (f2)

Tony6Strings -
Varietie(s): Ghost, Jack Frost

Tri-Polar -

Varietie(s): KSC peyote cut, Tidalwave

ttching8475 -

Varieties): Gandalf

UnderNose -

Species: Ps. Natalensis, P. cyan, Ps. cubensis
Varietie(s): Natal Super Strength, PE, x7x, redboy, wild coast

Vibetyme -

Varietie(s): PE, Gandalf, Jack Frost, APE

Edited by bigfootscreepyuncl (09/26/22 06:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 11
    #27599266 - 12/29/21 10:19 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

You are about to witness the shitness of Bigfoots LAGM v. 2.022 grow log

Puppy love

I had to include my cult buddy, Stitch :smile:

Jack Frost, Gandalf, TAT and Albino Cambodian

I chose to do all albinos because I haven't seen an all albino giveaway before so that's what I was going to do, then LAGM popped up so here we are!

Ghost and Yeti were on the list because the spawn I have of them right now is bacterial as fuck but I just found some Ghost plate pins so I'll be using those instead of my last Ghost swab and I'm going to try Fahts method of saving bacterial spawn before I use my last Yeti swab.

I might take a stab at some Pans as well but I've already bitten off more than I can chew.

1/3/22

Poured 2 sleeves of some clumpy ass, gelled up plates. Need to set the crockpot to 'low' instead of 'keep warm' if I'm not going to use them immediately. Or not be a lazy bastard and hit them with the microwave for a few seconds. The colors are nice though :lol:

I'm out of gloves and time so I will get some swabs to plates tomorrow. Also, i've got way too much shit goin' on right now so I think I'm just doing one swab jabbed into one plate instead of using them properly 'cuz sometimes bigfoot don't give a damn lol

1/4/22

Just as predicted I'm running long on projects, short on time and semester break is over so I'm a student again :tryingnottodie:

I got one plate each of Gandalf, Jack Frost, TAT and Albino Cambo inoculated. Being short on time I just jammed the swab into the plate and wrapped it up (team saran wrap FTW!) and am hoping for the best. No pics for this update because you all know what swabs sticking out of agar look like lol. Usually I would check in on plates once a day but I'm sure these will germinate and grow a bit before I even get a chance to check on them.

More boring updates to come!

1/6/22

Boring update No. 3 - there is no update. I know it's only been ~48 hours but there is still no visible growth, which in this short of time frame is probably a good thing.

1/7/22

We have liftoff! Gandalf and TAT are the first to show signs of life. I'm hoping the other 2 aren't far behind.

Juggling 10 varieties at the same time is going to be much more of a chore than I imagined since I have to set up and tear down my SAB every time I do any work but it'll all be worth it when I've got all my shelves full of active tubs :rockon:

1/8/22

Tat has now joined the party so we're moving right along but still waiting for Albino Cambo. There nothing to take pictures of and not enough growth yet for a transfer so my updates are still boring.

1/11/22

Certainly not the best pictures but there wasn't a lot to actually document anyway. I finally got enough time to take 3 T1s from each: Gandalf, TAT, Albino Cambo (Averys Albino) and Jack Frost. After a little discussion in the main thread yesterday I realized I probably should have waited a little longer to take the transfers but I think we'll be alright. My Albino Cambo plate looked a little funny so I'll keep an eye on it but I think all will be well.

Unrelated to LAGM I also managed to take T2s and 3s from Ghost, AA+, RW, WG, APEU, LPE and a couple others I can't even remember at the moment. I also streaked two new plates with Paya x Fiji (private collection) generously (and I think reluctantly :lol:) shared with me by @Nichrome. Yeti clones soon to hit agar as well as two more TAT family members.

I'll be putting in an order for some more plates and coir soon!

1/13/22

Gandalf, TAT and Jack Frost T1s are looking really good for T1 status - Albino Cambo looks like there might be a little fuckery taking place though..After a little discussion in the main thread yesterday I've come to the conclusion that I've been taking transfers prematurely so I need to be more patient and let them grow out a little further. @The Fresh Prints said doing so usually saves a transfer in the long run and I think he hit the nail on the head. Aside from my Cambo everything is looking good though - I should be right on track to send T3 to grain.

1/17/22

For the most part my T1s are looking a little lack luster. All cleanable and usable but I pulled out my germ plates and I will be going back to the well to take T1s for all varieties except Albino Cambodian, which is showing usable sectors on T1 plates and not on the germ plate.

Albino Cambo

TAT

Jack Frost

Gandalf

@SmartAttack and @The Fresh Prints were spot on when they advised to let your germ plates grow out a little bit before transferring. This will serve as a good reminder for me to chill out and be a little more patient moving forward. I need to get some more plates but I think I have enough made up that I can get these transfers done today or tomorrow.

1/19/22

Another boring post over here. Instead of going to the bar to celebrate passing a huge exam I decided to force a SAB session and pour two sleeves that I'm sure will all end up contaminating. I should have just gone to the bar..

My new box of gloves was mislabeled so I couldn't even get my hands in there and I ended up having to use an used pair of gloves I found, the first bottle of agar was burning the fuck out of my hand so I was moving a lot faster than I should and was not smooth at all, I forgot to put a false floor down in the SAB so the plates were directly on the table top, I accidentally set up the SAB like a foot out of reach so I had to slide everything around and rearrange everything like 4 times and for some reason I just started sweating profusely as soon as I started working...? What a disaster. Hopefully these plates are usable. I'll probably end up pouring two more sleeves tomorrow just to be safe.

1/21/22

T1s and T2 looking pretty good - Gandalf is a little slower and thinner than the others and I think Albino Cambo is just going to be a little more tomentose but they're all looking good. I can't decide if I should take T2s from TAT and Jack Frost to try and get more even growth or if I should just send them to grain - leaning towards sending them to grain since I have a few other projects that will be ready for grain at the same time so hopefully I can get away with only running the PC once

1/23/22

I finally got around the wrapping up the plates I poured on the 19th. None have contaminated yet but I'm going to give them another 10 days or so before I feel good enough to use them. I found a hair in one of them...not sure how or when it got in there but it hasn't contaminated anything yet so I'm assuming it got in the agar mix before the PC cycle

1/26/22

Well, I had to leave class early yesterday morning and I felt like death for the next 36 hours so I got tested and came up positive for Covid. I've got zero energy and still have a fever so I don't think I should be doing any sterile work for a couple days, which sucks because this is what all my plates look like:

< TAT T1

< Albino Cambo T2 (I'll probably take this one to T3 just so there's only one transfer puck on the plate)

< Jack Frost T1 (I should have taken a picture of these plates up against a light source, they're stupid ropey!)

< Gandalf - not as fast as the other and a mix of rhizo/tomentose but I like it. I'll be sending this one to grain

That's it for this update. Stay tuned, cult fam!

2/9/22

Jack Frost on the left and TAT on the right

I gave all my jars a shake, rattle and roll today. TAT, Albino Cambo and Jack Frost were all around 30% give or take. Gandalf was a little further behind - I probably shouldn't have shaken Gandalf since it was just starting to pick up its pace but I think it will be just fine. Hopefully I'll be spawning in a few days :rockon:

2/20/22

Man I've been slacking on updating my log :lol: on 2/18/22 I spawned Jack Frost and TAT into unmodded 16 quart minis. 2 mico-quarts into 4 quarts CV with 1 quart used for a thin top layer. Tonight I spawned Albino Cambo into the same size tub with the same ratios. Now I'm just waiting on Gandalf to join the party and we'll be set :rockon:

I've always used 100% coir with no liners but in honor of LAGM I decided to break the mould and I'm running a standard CV recipe with liners. I'll update when I spawn Gandalf and once my tubs start doing stuff

3/6/22

Harvest time is finally here!

TAT was the first to get chopped down and came in at 800g fresh, which puts me at ~1.5oz dry per quart. Not too shabby, eh? Maybe there will be a small second flush but I think that sub may be about done.

Sharp knives and liners are a game changer. I don't know why I resisted liners for so long but I will NEVER run a tub without them again. Pulling the entire sub out so I can cut level with the sub saves so much time and hassle. Not to mention cleaning all the tubs will be a breeze now :rockon:

I got 10 sets of swabs from this flush that I'm going to share with the community once some of my other projects finish up.

Happy LAGM-ing everyone!

3/7/22

Second on the chopping block is Jack Frost! Hopefully this sacrificial gesture of cutting down old man winter will be enough to usher in Spring! I don't make money unless the grass is growing and I can't WAIT to get my peppers and tomatoes in the ground.

Anyway, here's what y'all came for:

939g fresh from 2 quarts :rockon: looking at the pinset and flush density I thought for SURE that TAT was going to outperform Jack Frost but I was wrong (I'm used to it by now :lol:) This sub may be done but I'll see if anything pops up since I don't need the tubs quite yet.

I took 12 or 14 sets of swabs from the biggest caps to be added to my mega-giveaway when some of my other projects come to an end.

Albino Cambo has a pretty sparse pin set but healthy looking fruits (still a few days from harvest) and Gandalf is struggling to get through the thick top layer I dumped on his hat :facepalm: hopefully he's just plotting and not stalling. Worst case scenario I've got a plate pin clone going now so I can restart without too much fuss if I need to.

3/7/22
(actual date this time)

Albino Cambo just got chopped and smashed into the dehydrator :rockon: Even with a sparse pinset and a lot of fruits that hadn't fully matured yet this little tub still spit out 700g wet from 2 quarts. These are small fruits but they were surprisingly dense so hopefully I'll get more than 2oz dry out of these :lol:

I think Gandalf has stalled so this may be it for my LAGM updates. I'll give it about another week to show some signs of life before I dispose of anything.

Edited by bigfootscreepyuncl (03/07/22 06:02 PM)

InvisibleThe Fresh PrintsS
Smell ya later
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bel-Air
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 8
    #27599268 - 12/29/21 10:22 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

The Fresh Prints LAGM 2022

I'll be growing:
-Apollo Rust f4
-Melmak x AA+ f2
-PExRW f2
-PExAPEU f2

01/02/22

I'm a day late but I got it done 👍

12 germ plates noc'd, now we wait..

These are the two MTPxAA+ phenos I'm running. Swabbed the one on the left this morning. Should be a fun one

01/22/22

These germ plate pics are from a couple weeks ago. I've been doing a shit job of updating and documenting with photos!

These are my T1s of Apollo f4 and Mak x AA+ f2. Prob gonna need one more transfer for each, but we'll see how they grow out

02/11/22

Apollo got its first shake today. Hope I can spawn next weekend, but it'll probably be more like mid-week or so

Glamor shot of the culture before I chopped er up

Ive been doing a shit job updating this. I have some MTPxAA+ hitting grain tomorrow. Also, had to start over with Faht's crosses, but everything looks gravy now. I'll get some agar pics n shit posted soon :mushroom2:

Got PE/APEU nocc'd up today (03/04/22) :rockon:

Edited by The Fresh Prints (03/05/22 01:39 AM)

Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: The Fresh Prints] * 2
    #27599269 - 12/29/21 10:23 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Fresh Prints said:
I'm in. Thanks for hosting, bigfoot :rockon:

Noice! What varieties/species are you going to run? I'll get you in the OP before this thing gets crazy lol

--------------------

I :heart: 5318008

NOT a virgin!

InvisibleThe Fresh PrintsS
Smell ya later
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bel-Air
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 3
    #27599272 - 12/29/21 10:27 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I'll have to poke around my spore stash a little and figure out what I wanna grow, but I'll update my post before we kick things off

--------------------

Invisiblearpeggiator
Surprisingly Coherent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: The Fresh Prints] * 4
    #27599275 - 12/29/21 10:30 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

1/4/22

Put all of the swabs to agar, 3 plates each variety. I've decided to also grow Quirk's RW x TWC F3. I got his F2 print a while ago and just collected F3 swabs last week, so why not keep them going?

The P. tampanensis swab was very light on spores so I am not sure if I'll be able to get any germination, but fingers are crossed! :rockon:

1/15/22

Late update on this one, life just got in the way. RWxTWC F3 and Trinity are on T1 and Tampanensis just showed signs of germination today. Next update will (hopefully) be plates of all three varieties ready to be sent to grain.

1/17/22

Took T1 from P. tampanensis germ plate. Trinity and RWxTWC F3 are on T2 now.

1/28/22
Trinity and RWxTWC F3 are almost ready for grain at T2! Just waiting for them to fill out the plate a little bit more. Tampanensis is slowly moving on T2.

2/2/22
Trinity and RWXTWC F3, both T2, got sent to grains today! The RWxTWC plate has formed some primordia already hopefully it wasn't a sign of contamination, and I just have fast fruiting genetics :lol: I also took transfers off both plates to T3 just in case.

2/26/22
Late update again, but I spawned the Trinity to a shoebox at 1:4 and to a 5 micron unicorn bag at 1:2.5.

Also spawned both jars of RWxTWC F3 to a mini ez dial tub, using a "Boomer Bag" manure based substrate that I won in the shroomery giveaway some time last year. Hopefully it won't mold since it's pretty old :lol:

3/11/12

RWxTWC F3 on manure based sub is doing well! Trinity was fully colonized a few days ago so I took the lid off and stuck it in an ez dial tub.

--------------------

Edited by arpeggiator (03/11/22 09:45 AM)

Invisiblemistamonsta
Threadkiller
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: arpeggiator] * 8
    #27599285 - 12/29/21 10:44 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

MistaMonsta's LAGM 2022

Varieties: Ps. Natalensis, Ps. Cubensis "Stargazer", Ps. Tampanensis, Morchella Elata "Brown Morel" wild print, Boletus Edulis "Porcini/King bolete" and Coprinus Comatus "Shaggy Mane/Lawyer's wig"

I will be aiming for standard indoor fruiting of the Natalensis and Stargazer as one would expect.
For the Tampanensis I will be hoping to grow sclerotia in vitro as well as spawn to bulk for fruiting. I will expand my sclerotia producing jars by either clone or G2G from the best looking jars/specimens and will use any low sclerotia producing jars for fruiting.
With the morel however they are notoriously difficult to cultivate in any setting so I will be trying a few methods.
First will be to create standard grain spawn from culture to expand on sawdust/wood shavings which will be used to inoculate an outdoor bed of woodchips.
Second will be to use this same expanded sawdust/wood shaving spawn to inoculate fruit and nut trees at a friend's property as I understand morels can be a mycorrhizal symbiote of some food bearing trees.
Third but not lastly I will be trying to grow in vitro morel sclerotia as I understand this can give a much better chance of fruiting sooner. These sclerotia will then be used to inoculate trees and woodchip beds as above.
These methods will be updated as I attempt them and no doubt evolve over time. I may well be reporting back on this particular project in 2023 or 2024 hahaha
With the Bolete and Shaggy Mane I expect to follow the standard method for grain spawn to wood expansion and on to outdoor beds for fruiting.

1/1/2022

Well, I'm tired, crankey and sweating my ass off in 37C heat but I got there in the end :nyan:

Natalensis was put to 3 plates of MEA(Y)(P). I have previously tried germination of this print on PDA(Y)(P) but didn't like the look of any of the growth so am trying again for this LAGM thread

I know the Stargazer print is absolutely filled with bacteria, as seen here in my last germ attempt
For this reason I put it to 3 plates of MEA with Gentamicin (antibiotic agar) and one plate of MEA(Y)(P) in case the Gentamicin somehow inhibits spore germination.

I was kindly sent two big foil sheets of morel spores by an Aussie Shroomery member. I inoculated one plate each of MEA(Y)(P) and PDA(Y)(P) from each sheet, giving four plates in total.

The MEA(G) recipe was 600mL water with 11g extra light malt extract, 0.6g gentamicin and 11g agar.
For the MEA(Y)(P) I used D3's MEA ratio: for a 600mL batch I added 9.6g LME, 11g agar, 0.6g yeast and 0.6g peptone to 600mL of water
The PDA(Y)(P) recipe was 7.5g dextrose, 11g agar, 0.6g yeast and 0.6g peptone added to 600mL potato broth (prepared from 300g potato and 1000mL water)

5/1/2022

We have germination!:monkeydance:

One MEAYP plate is growing snot from the Stargazer as expected. The three MEA + gentamicin antibiotic plates are showing clean growth so far :biggrin:

All four morel plates are looking promising; some tan mycelium is present on all four plates

It appears not to discriminate between PDA or MEA which is useful knowledge :beardstroke:

Finally, the Natalensis is also showing germ albeit a little slower than the rest.

The other two plates have shown the first signs of germination but it is too small to photograph as yet.

8/1/22

T1 transfers of Ps Natalensis, Stargazer Cubensis and Morel with inoculation of Ps.Tampanensis, Coprinus Comatus and Boletus Edulis

Morel culture is already producing sclerotia!

Transfers were taken from slices of the sclerotia that had formed; they were actually already quite firm and took a little force with the scalpel to cut through.
As you can see in the pictures, this variety seems to have better growth on the PDA(Y)(P) than it does on MEA(Y)(P) so I chose to take samples only from the PDA(Y)(P) and send them to more PDA(Y)(P).
I will wait to see what the MEA(Y)(P) germ plates do for a while longer

My one MEA(Y)(P) stargazer plate is all snotty with bacteria and has no conveniently clean growth to take samples from. This plate will be shelved for later reference, or more likely binned in a week

These three on MEA(G) are much nicer and T1 samples were made from the densest growth away from my inoculation streak so as not to take the contam with them

I can't say enough about how easy this gentamicin sulfate powder is making my bacterial cleanup. It cost me $20 AUD for a gram, is easy to add to your agar mix at 0.1g per litre and it is autoclavable.
I am also using it as a precaution to ensure clean culture before inoculating LC, I just send my selected culture to grow out on it for 4-5 days before inoculating.

This Natalensis is probably the slowest to germinate out of the three varieties so far and is doing so very unevenly

I noticed that last time I attempted germination of this variety, which was on PDA(Y)(P), it was quite staggered and uneven.
As mentioned in my inoculation notes, this germination was done on MEA(Y)(P) in the hopes of obtaining a more even sample range. Unfortunately it seems to have made no difference.
These T1's were sent to more MEA(Y)(P) for the sake of consistency of nutrients

New inoculations!

Tampa was put to 4 plates of MEA(Y)(P) with the bolete and shaggy mane being put to 3 plates each of PDA(Y)(P).

I don't know if I'm imagining things but I think I'm already noticing how certain varieties seem to have a preference for certain media.
The morel plates certainly demonstrate this and I seem to vaguely recall reading that less domesticated varieties like Panaeolus and woodlovers prefer PDA over MEA.
It is for these reasons that I chose PDA(Y)(P) for the bolete and shaggy mane, both being wild genetics and woodlovers.

After almost 3 hours in front of my flowhood I had 30 plates to wrap from 15 donor plates and 10 inoculations

With most receiving plates getting on average 3 samples each I'm hoping to have a lot of decent genetics to choose from :strokebeard:

13/1/22

Revisited my Morel MEA(Y)(P) germ plates for new transfers after letting them grow out another week

15/1/22

Germ on my Tampanensis plates!

I'd gone through three old prints and 20+ plates trying to get this variety started prior to LAGM. Really happy to finally have some fresh spores to work with and they are kicking off nicely

T2 transfers of Natalensis and Stargazer made today

I love the feeling of anticipation and potential you get from putting transfers to new plates.

20/1/22

Tampanensis T1's taken from these very healthy looking germ plates

21/1/22

Progress shots :biggrin:

Stargazer

Natalensis

Morel

I really need to learn more about morel cultivation from the dedicated morel thread. I see what I think is knotting prior to sclerotia forming but I could just have a plate full of contamination...

25/1/22

T3 transfers of Natalensis and Stargazer going to my antibacterial MEA(G) in preparation for LC

Natalensis donor plates, transfers taken from the lovely rhizo sectors

Stargazer donor plates, transfers taken from the strongest sectors

27/1/22

Tampanensis T1 progress pics

I can see nice aggressive rhizo mycelium in some of those plates. Others are showing some darkening, the tan coloured mycelium typical of this variety before forming sclerotia

31/1/22

T2 transfers made from these Tampanensis plates

Natalensis T3's on antibacterial MEA are looking strong, ready to send to grain in the next few days

My Stargazer T3's on antibacterial MEA are not as strong but at least they are clean. I will likely send the strongest two cultures to grain when I do the Natalensis

Edited by mistamonsta (01/31/22 01:41 AM)

OfflineMycoplex
Sporocarp
 Unread Journal

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: arpeggiator] * 3
    #27599290 - 12/29/21 10:49 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

:aliendance:    Mycoplex - LAGM 2022 - Syzygy      :aliendance:

This is my casual, non-competitive grow log for LAGM 2022.  Best of luck to all other growers!

Jan 1:  Last night I inoculated four agar cups (potato flake agar) with some remaining spore solution of Syzygy that I had.  Will report back in a few days.

Jan 6:  First signs of spore germination on three out of the four Syzygy plates!  Looking forward to T1 transfers tomorrow.

Jan 7:  Completed T1 transfers from three out of the four Syzygy plates inoculated on the 1st.

Jan 17:  Another round of agar transfers (T2).  Showing one of the donor T1 plates below.

Edited by Mycoplex (01/21/22 11:25 PM)

OfflineVibetyme
Smoke 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: arpeggiator] * 9
    #27599291 - 12/29/21 10:49 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Vibetyme's :toke:

:mushroom2: LAGM 2.022 :mushroom2:

PE ● Jack Frost

&

APE ● GANDALF(Thanks Faht!)

My TLDR cut to the chase pics!

Gandalf

PE

Experimentation PE non-lagm but kinda interesting. I ran this tub the same time as my Lagm PE. This is the clone from the big PE shroom in my avatar.  That is a third flush mushroom that I cloned cuz I couldn't help myself.

Jack Frost

Ape(which turned out reverted) stay tuned for APE. Just swabbed another few cups with a third set of swabs.

Novelty Jack Frost

Another Ape-r same tub different angles

My Cult Squirrel, Alby
                      (Albasaurus Rex)           
He is pretty cool, we have been chilling
          for almost 2 years on the daily.

Dec 31st  3am
Agar used:  8 grams Telephone brand agar, 10 grams light malt extract, 1 gram nutritional yeast, 500ml water.  I PC mine for an hour because I use an 8qt instant pot.

I mixed in 3 drops green food coloring cuz I smoke a lot of weed and I love lime green!

PCing a 1/2 pint jar of filtered water to wet these swabs whistle just a little.

Pics incoming as soon as I set up my area

:shaqwiggle:
Come on Midnight! Make it happen already!

January 1, 2022 12:45am

Dipped the q-tip in sterile water. Then streaked 3 plates in a Z pattern and buried the swab in the 4th plate.

Boom! That shit is finished!  Happy new year!

And done!

Whoot! Let's all grow mushrooms mutha fuckers!  I'm stoked about this!

Jan 4th

We are off to the races!  Finally got germ on all the Gandalf plates.

Have a little view into the window of my world!

Dec 5th
Turned these 4 plates

Into these 6 plates

:magicfingers:

The PE are slow rolling. Nothing yet.  Hoping for the best! They are usually slow AF though.

I gave up hope on my PE and swabbed some new plates.  Fuck it. If they germ later I didn't lose anything. If it doesn't I now have a back up plan.

I used my freshest swabs, only about 7 days old. The ones I used first were only about 3 months old.  Who knows?  These most recent spores were from the 181 gram PE big boy in my avatar.  I'm hoping for good genetics but you never know.

I learned something new today.  In the future I'll break the stick to the swab before I put it in the last plate. I'll then use tweezers to bury the swab.  I tried to use the bottom of the plate to break the swab and that bitch jumped out of the dish and hit the aluminum foil that I line the bottom of my SAB with.  It fell right between the elevated wire rack. I grabbed a fresh plate and buried it, pretty much knowing some contam is coming my way.  Fuck it though, you live and you learn. No worries. 

1/11
Made some transfers from the T1 plates on my Gandalf.

I needed space so I deleted pics that didn't matter. It looks like shit now but no worries. I really need to pay for the unlimited space to avoid this in the future

Also I finally got some ugly germination on my PE that I swabbed on the 1st. Took the T1 transfers from this plate.

The long swab split the agar and I didn't want to adjust it.

1/18
I took four T2 trasfers today(PE) and two T3(Gandalf) trasfers. I marked where I took the trasfers from after I took the pics of them.  Next time I'll take the pics before and after trasfers.

If these T2s look good I'm probably gonna run everything in a couple days!

I also poured 40 more agar cups just in case they look like shit though. Planning ahead!:grin:

1/23 12:45am
Doing a little Midnight mycology tonight.

Prepping 4 WBS grain jars.

I soak for 24hrs then I boil some water on the stove and remove from the eye and fooman soak the wbs for about 5-7 minutes. Really this step is just to dry the grains faster.

Then I lay them out on cookie sheets lined with paper towels to dry. I'd say it takes about 15 minutes until they are good enough for me.

Load da jars and PC!

Gonna do a little experimentation with my PE. I took some clones right after Christmas from the 181 gram fruit in my avatar .  I'm pretty proud.
Anyway, I'm going to run a clone tub(not part of LAGM) beside my tub in the community grow along to see any differences.

I also have spores from the big fruit and another pe fruit from a previous tub grown out on agar.  Pictures incoming tomorrow.

1/24
Sent these bitches grain, sick of waiting!  Noc'ed up my WBS wide mouth no mods whoop whoop!

Also not pictured I sent one PE clone to grain and one blue magnolia pin clone,  not part of LAGM.

Started some more spores for LAGM today as well.  APE and Jack Frost

2/2/2022
Did some transfers today on my Jack Frost and my APE. The APE wasn't really ready but there were a couple satellites in the agar dish and so that had to be transferred.

Also gave these jars a shake! I'm pretty stoked!  I am using no-mod jar lids so I put some painters tape on the lid and jar to create a seal after cleaning the space between the two with an alcohol soaked paper towel. After a PC cycle or 2 these lids aren't water tight anymore and I'm afraid of the piston sucking action pulling in nasties that would happen in the shake with no tape.

Gandalf on left, PE on right

2/14
The PE colonized nicely so I spawned it to a shoebox.  1 to 4 ratio with a quart top layer of CV sprayed down 15-20 seconds with my fine mister.

The Gandalf is most likely going to be ready in a couple days although there is a little too much condensation going on in the jar for my liking.  I'm hoping for the best though.

2/17
Hoping for germination! Come on baby let it happen!

2/21
Spawned my Gandalf today. I was glad to get that going. 

The Jack frost will be ready for grain in about two more days.  Soaking some WBS right now.
The Ape is being a bitch still! Not wanting to germ.  Has some type of contam on this swab as well. I pulled it apart today and put parts of the contam swab on two new plates.  We will see. I don't have a whole lot of hope for that APE culture though.
I have a couple more APE swabs so all isn't lost just yet!
2/23
Decided to run this Jack Frost! I liked how it looked. Put it to a quart jar of wbs.
Tiger dropped it on in there!

In possibly good news I'm praying the white area in the top is mycelium. 
It looks like it might be.  I couldn't get it to take a clear pic though. We will see in few days. I transfered from the edge furthest from the cup wall to three new agar cups. 

2/25
Cased my PE tub today. Used jiffy mix from Walmart and added about 1/4 quart of verm in to fluff it up a little and hopefully it will retaina little more water. 
Forgot to take pictures before hand like a damn goof. No worries. I'll patch it up just a little in a couple days.
3/7
My Gandalf seemingly stalled too but I checked last night and I have a few pins coming up out of the CV top layer. 

I figured it didn't like the 1 to 3 ratio with a quart top layer.  We will see what happens.

In awesome news, it looks like my APE finally got its shit together.
I made 4 transfers from the rhizo strands in the 3 to 5 oclock range.

The PE is throwing blobs everywhere.  I didn't put a thick enough casing on.  It was jiffy mix. Hoping for better things on the second flush.

3/11

Gandalf coming along!  I think I'm gonna have a few chonkers!

Jack Frost looking pretty good.  Gonna spawn it in a couple days.
3/14
Gandalf is doing well! Probably going to harvest tomorrow and take swabs.

Spawned the Jack Frost today.  1 to 1.5 with a .5qt top layer.
Also made a jack frost novelty grow with a tomato container with a cool easy access top panel that peels back for air flow/mist if needed.

Took some transfers of my APE t1s today so I should have at least one or two t2's that are usable.  If not I can always take more transfers.
My PE second flush is coming in.

3/16
finally chopped em down and weighed, they came out to 430 wet grams.  My scale only goes up to 200 grams so I had to take a few pictures with the weights. Got a buster ass weed scale.

I don't think my shoebox weights are gonna do it.

I took 22 swab sets. 20 for the community and 2 for me.
Dunked 4 hrs and back at it again.  Gotta take more swabs these things were popular as hell.
3/17
PE second flush!  I love a tub full of "normal" looking dicks.

The first flush blobbed it's ass off. This is looking pretty promising though.

3/26
Jack frost shoebox about to pop off!

My novelty is doing just as well as the shoebox it seems

Gotta nocc up a couple quarts of Wbs later with a couple APE plates that turned out looking pretty good. 

3/30

Harvested this Jack Frost tub

Also harvested this Jack Frost novelty.

Waiting on APE now!
4/13
Gonna spawn this Ape jar in a few minutes.

Got two more APEs on deck and a couple non-lagm Ghost quarts getting ready in the back.

I am also experimenting with some half pint wbs for some novelty action.
4/20
happy day mofo's

4/29
My ape turned out to be Ape-r

I'm determined though. 
Just swabbed another couple cups with a different ape swab. Hopefully these next ones look like Ape.
Another Ape-r same tub different angles
These were from the last ape batch that reverted. Got more on the way!

Ape Oct 1
I'm starting again with fresh spores! I fucked up somewhere or possibly it was just the summer time heat in Florida.

12/12
Let's go!  Finally looking promising on the apes!

12/30
I'm gonna call this a win-ish.
Good enough to say I grew a few ape fruits finally. Not a moment to spare

At least these guys look more like traditional apes

Gonna rehydrate this shit one more time and try and pull a little better flush.  It's probably pretty close to done though.

Thanks again to Bigfoot for running this badass thread!

Until next year! Or 2 more days whatevs.

Edited by Vibetyme (01/09/23 10:25 AM)

Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: Vibetyme] * 3
    #27599294 - 12/29/21 10:59 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Hell yea, you guys have been added to the OP!

***I'm having technical difficulties providing a link to the spot on the thread where you actually respond. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong and can help me sort this issue out please do

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

Invisiblemistamonsta
Threadkiller

Loc: Uranus
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 3
    #27599296 - 12/29/21 11:03 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bigfootscreepyuncl said:

***I'm having technical difficulties providing a link to the spot on the thread where you actually respond. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong and can help me sort this issue out please do

Click on the  blue post number in the desired post's header then copypasta the http address from your browser

Mine would be https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27599285#27599285

Edit: Looks like you have it sorted now

--------------------
MistaMonsta's LAGM 2022

Edited by mistamonsta (12/29/21 11:06 PM)

Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: mistamonsta] * 4
    #27599299 - 12/29/21 11:09 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mistamonsta said:
Quote:

bigfootscreepyuncl said:

Click on the  blue post number in the desired post's header then copypasta the http address from your browser

Mine would be https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27599285#27599285

Edit: Looks like you have it sorted now

Ah, thank you for that! Ironically yours was the only one I managed to do correctly..this is going to be a shitshow! :rofl2:

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: mistamonsta] * 8
    #27599301 - 12/29/21 11:11 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Smarattack

LAGM - 2022

APE
AMAK
MELMAK
ENIGMA
PEARLY GATES
RW
Z

Last time I did this, I treated it as a race and I seem to remember it didn't go exactly as planned :rolleyes: This time the I am just going to roll like normal and I think I will even take the time to do my updates in the form of video, as well as pics because why not, nobody else does that.

So the plan is to keep it fairly conventional. Swab, to water, to agar, transfer out a few times just for good protocol, then agar to LC and then of course LC to either oats or millet. Simple enough.

12/30/21  APE swab and receiving plate ready for the new year:

1/1/2022  APE is swabbed, and Enigma transfer done.

A tad sloppy on the work and edit but I got a few months of rust on me.:shrug:

1/3/2022

Nothing worth trying to take a picture of, but I am 99% sure I see growth from my plate with the swap tip stabbed in. Lets just hop it is good growth :lol:

1/4/2022

Well Im sure something is coming, but out of abundance of caution I swabbed a couple plates with PEU tonight just in case.

1/10/2022

No fancy video update today. But last night I did finally spot some growth on the APE plate so its finally on! T1 made and waiting.:crazy2:

Also managed to get my Enigma to grain as well (cheating). So between being about dead last on germination but already putting something to grain I would say that averages me out to be right in line with everyone now lol. Im just doing the one jar in hopes that it will be suitable for G2G expanding. Im not going to bother putting Enigma to LC and all the fuss as its just a novelty grow for me.

1/17/2022

I pulled a T2 transfer of the APE the other day and decided my LAGM log needed some more meat, so I pulled out the spore collection and decided on 4 more varieties to start...since there is a whole year left to play :lol:

RW, Z strain, Melmak and AMAK getting added to the roster :rockon:

Simple spore swiping vid of the RW. These spores have been very trustworthy so I expect something happens here in a few days. The others are new to me to grow so I have no idea yet.

APE T2

New line up to keep me even busier:

1/20/2022

Nothing major. Enigma got its first shake. I was only a couple small wedges and it apparently creeps slowly so I'm not watching the clock with this jar. Ape 2nd transfer looks good and I can put some to LC anytime, likely tomorrow.

1/23/2022

Got germination on RW, Melmak, Z strain and AMAK all in one day!! or at least I noticed it all today when I looked. :awesomenod:

Made at least 1 transfer of all and 2-3 on others so theres a whole pile of new T1's all of a sudden. Also the APE is creeping as usual and doesn't look like anything special - but its clean and I put it to LC as well. Things are well on the way now.

You can barely see the Z, but its there. Im waiting a minute on this one though before transfer.

RW, plain as day:

AMAK:

AMAK #2: (these look less suspect IRL)

Melmak:

Melmak #2:

APE T2:

APE LC:

Pile o' plates:

If ever there has been a chance for me to get ahead of myself, it is now. :rolleyes: These are just LAGM and I also have 6 or maybe 7 other varieties in the works previous to LAGM so like 13 varieties to juggle at this point...it always seems to happen.:shrug:

1/26/2022

Nothing special here. Just a few pics of the new cultures on T1 transfers. sux that I have condensation on the plates but...

Love when they make it easy to choose which one is faster :lol:

LOL. What the fuck ever, its already on LC and I never expect ape to look normal anyways. :shrug:

Enigma taking its sweeeet fucking time.

2/2/2022

Another not so much up date. I guess at some point you realize that most updates aren't going to be much anyways really :shrug:

Anyways. Enigma Is looking sus. Took forever and is now firmly in the camp of shoebox rather than G2G as I planned. Though I must say that it broke up very easily and smelled fine. Perhaps enigma is just totally SUS by nature?:rolleyes:

Guess we will find out.

Also all new varieties are on T2 or better and all looking good. Going to carry things out farther though rather than rush.

SUSnigma

In the shoe she went.

3/10/2022

Ok, holy shit. I really let this slide way too far. Ive gotten really into some other projects that have distracted me and life has thrown me some real bullshit. Ill try and get at least caught up here but I am going to forget a lot of stuff in between.

Ill get the enigma out of the way first:

What a fucking weird thing, this started with a pretty sus jar and it has been going ever since my last update and looks like it will never stop...slow AF but just keeps going. Im very interested in this stuff, but at the same time I am not sure if I will be running it again or not.

I had some setbacks with a couple cultures, but no big deal. As I have been so distracted, I have kinda been just keeping them going on agar and didnt get to grain till lately with some of them.

Current condition of Z strain:

RW has yet to hit grain. AMAK, Pearly gates, Melmak and APE are all on grain.

Pearly gates jar:

My APE jars went fucky on me so I decided not to run this batch and top fruited instead of spawning. I have more going now so I will pick that up in the future.

Top fruit jar:

AMAK jar and Melmak chugging along:

I guess this somewhat sufficiently gets me up to date.

Edited by Smartattack (03/10/22 08:55 PM)

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 6
    #27599302 - 12/29/21 11:13 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Never been part of the tradition before so I'll give it a go...

Starting off with Psilocybe natalensis. Following that I'll do some Psilocybe Cubensis PE, x7x and redboy prints APER and MVP...

And as a finial challenge to myself will be my first ever attempt at Panaeolus Cyanescens, Wild Coast print..

All will be spaced out over the coming weeks and months...

:mushroom2:undernose LAGM 2.022:mushroom2:

Psilocybe Natalensis

Ill be using Psilocybe Natalensis aka Natal Super Strength swabs I received from a generous Guerrilla.

The plan with these is get a variety of transfers from all the different growth types I can identify from the germ plates, hopefully clean them up into axenic cultures. From there get some nice reliable flushes and search for different phenos worth cloning. Then clone, print and repeat as necessary to see if I get some traits stabilized.

Wet swab > Streak'n'Stab > Transfers > Maybe LC > WBS > CVG > ??? >  Profit

Friday, December 31st 9pmAEST

Here's a few Josex style No-pours that I got ready for the show.

Malt Extract Yeast Agar (MEYA)
Boiled and blended with an immersion blender to reduce sediment and disperse the yeast evenly.
  • water -- 500ml
  • LME -----5 grams
  • Yeast --- 2 grams
  • Agar ---- 5 grams 

And two mangled Ps.Nat swabs.. Thx postal disservice

Spores and agar at the ready...
:waitingpatiently:

Saturday, January 1st, 2022 12:30amAEST

Trippy New Year Shroomery

:loveheart:

Here we go.. The start of the annual LAGM..
Be gentle with me boys... Its my first time :datass:

As the fireworks burst in the background and my dogs have a fuckin panic attack, my SAB was readied, I got out 4 pre-prepared plates and a sterile water dipping plate to get the swab nice and wet.. I dont like dry smashing my petri dish

One Nat swab was dipped and jiggled in some sterile water then 3 plates, ahhh, cups or whatever were swabbed and the 4th was stabbed...

I'm saving this other swab in case these dont germ or become un-salvageable bacteria fest or moldy shit show.

Saturday, January 8th, 2022

Germination.. :monkeydance:
This is two days after I noticed growth. I gave it a little time to make sure it wasn't a false alarm and just mold.

Out of my three swabbed and one stabbed plate only the stabby plate has any mycelium growth... plus a little bacteria that you can see around the swab.

Two of the others have just bacteria where I swabbed them and one has bacteria and some funky mold. Not worth wasting space with pictures of those fuck ups.

I'll give it a while to grow out before I take some transfers.

:peaceout:

Monday, January 24th, 2022

I had originally thought only one of my 4 plates germinated, this one with the swab stabbed in.
+ 1 week + 2 weeks

Also assumed that there was some bacteria but tuns out it was likely just excess water from the swab. It has dried up over time and none of the suspect areas appear to be growing.

I hadn't seen jack on the other two streaked plates all month and just about gave up on them..
Went to get things ready for transfers, from what I thought was going to be my one and only plate, and made a pleasant discovery :awesome:
Kind of good that I waited so long, now I got more to work with.

Lets do this.. Note to self... Buy some god damn cooling racks and real petri dishes :facepalm:

Taking 2 of this, I'm a little suspect of the fluffy stuff on the right but will transfer just in case.

4 samples of this.

I let this one go a lot longer than I should have. Taking 5 samples.

And here is the same plate just to show how the entire swab stick has also been colonized.

So its been a bit longer than I had planned but T1s are finally done. Oh and a couple sneaky T1 LCs just for funsies.

I'll update when ready for T2 or send to grain
:flyby:

Monday, February 14th, 2022

All my T1 plates are looking good. They're all turning blue which I have rarely noticed on cubes I've grown. No contaminants besides one spec of bacteria ( likely from my shoddy SAB work ) which is indicated by the black X. I don't want to cut down on diversity so I'm putting them all to grain now, 2 jars per plate. Hopefully this will give me more choice of clones later on. Also using a clean looking germ plate in for extra options.

Most have made it to the edge of the cups like this one

But one in particular made it to the edge then climbed up to the lid in an attempt to escape and eat me and my dogs

They really like hunting for food
:friedchicken:

Monday, February 22nd, 2022

I forgot to gets pics of the transfers before I used them. Unfortunately lost 3 out of my 16 jars.. two were bacterial and one got the green death. All the rest looked nice especially considering they were only T1s. A few more transfers would have probably saved those lost jars.

All the rest are coming along nicely and have some interesting fluffy rhizo growth

All the jars ready to spawn, each set of 2 jars, left and right, represent one of the 6 transfers, so this will make 6 boxes all together.

Will give them a few days to consolidate the grain some more

Wednesday, March 3rd, 2022

Boxes all done. Each one has 2 jars or 1/3 spawn and 2/3 substrate CVG + seaweed solution. There is one other box not pictured here that has only one jar used as spawn since its mate was one of the jars lost to bacteria earlier. Some with liners others without. just because.:strokebeard:

Now we wait.
:dogyawn:

Thursday, March 24th, 2022

Sadly I lost one of the boxes a few days ago again due to the green death, I should have done some more transfers earlier.. But 6 outta 7 aint bad.

But..... Pins be poppin:vibin:

Sunday, March 27th, 2022

Boys and girls, its harvest time :awesome:

These were the best performers, around an oz dry each.

These guys not so much

Each box has a few clusters of these blue / green snakes

One box in particular was almost half full of regular nats and these blue / green snakes, both of these picked from the same box.

Friday, April 1st, 2022

Heres some shots of second flush on the better peforming boxes.

Thursday, April 7th, 2022

A couple days later and the other boxes are doing the second flush

Some interesting variety coming from these. Luckily I never got ony of the insane overlay that others have reported. I treated them exactly like cubes and they look fairly similar to cubes when pinning but along the way they show their natty traits.

I've taken some prints but didn't clone any of them like I said I would. Perhaps next time around.

Overall a nice haul of around 150 dry.
---------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

Edited by UnderNose (04/16/22 04:16 AM)

InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: UnderNose] * 2
    #27599303 - 12/29/21 11:15 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

My spot is the 13th block in the thread, am I cursed now? 🤦

--------------------
* Smarts videos :teacher:
* :thumbup: Planet of the APES:thumbup:

I'm a fungal white supremacist.

Stranger

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: Smartattack] * 2
    #27599304 - 12/29/21 11:16 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
My spot is the 13th block in the thread, am I cursed now? 🤦

Not as much as I am...everyone who hosts LAGM mysteriously disappears :feelsparanoidman:

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 1
    #27599309 - 12/29/21 11:21 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

:awesketch:

--------------------
* Smarts videos :teacher:
* :thumbup: Planet of the APES:thumbup:

I'm a fungal white supremacist.

InvisibleMycelium Juice
Here for the weed
 User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 1
    #27599310 - 12/29/21 11:21 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I'm in!  I'll do KAPE because of this thread....

:wizard:

Edited by Mycelium Juice (02/20/22 12:39 AM)

InvisibleDrboomer
The lord magnificent

Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: Mycelium Juice] * 4
    #27599316 - 12/29/21 11:31 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

DB's LAGM 2022

GOAL: grow log from spore to agar starting 1/1/22 documenting a (hopefully) full grow of each variety/species. In this will be p tamp. Galindoi, p.subcubensis-argentina, p.cube. Golde halo, p cube Trinity, p. Cube lpeu. All cultures will be worked until clean, used as blenderless LI and inoculate the chosen bulk method.  galindoi will be attempted to be kept until 1/1/23, the other culture will be fruited via Muda's bottle tek

12/30/21
made up agar in preparation.
1000ml water
2 grams nutritional yeast
17 grams agar
3 grams sugar (turbinado)
15 grams potato flakes
4 drops Blue/green food coloring

Pcd 30 min in holy grail no pours wrapped in foil
1/1/22
Plates all streaked now the wait begins

Throwing in albino tidal wave 2 as well, fuck it

This is a typical workload for me as I like to grow many varieties to keep it interesting.

1/8/22
A few plates germinated selected a good transfer from each
Sorry for the poor pics grail plates suck for pictures

Whytegold

Golden halo

Argentina

PE Trinity

Lpeu germed too but I forgot to take a pic :stoned:

Waiting on galindoi but honestly I'm pretty sure my spores are non viable. This is my fifth go at getting this print going but no luck.

1/20
Been neglect teking these plates and found some nice plate pins on germ plates

Rw
Pinning on t1 plate

Little white dots all over the plate. They would be right as primordia turn into pins. I already snatched the most developed on before snapping this pic.

Whyte gold pin growing right off the swab

Left me a nice sterile spore print too

Atw2 pin

Trinity is crawling but has a nice rhizo spot to steal a t1 from in a few days and galindoi is getting 10 more days before I just drop it as a dead culture.

1/26/22
P tamp. galindoi is out after several months of trying to get this plate to germ it has zero germination.
Golden halo is out there is something lurking in this print that will not clean out. I'm suspecting mold as the pf pucks I made for T2 are looking sickly.

In there place I have subbed out albino tidal wave 2 and rusty white and redboy.  Which were taken to agar on 1/1,1/2,1/3 respectively.  The atw2 was taken as a pin clone 1/20. I took atw2, Argentina, and redboy all to two bottles and a jar each. Each plate was blended with 100 to 200 ml water each.
Pic tax

I love the way blenderless LI looks. The water goes from clear to cloudy with mycellium.
Taking transfers of Trinity and from lpeu, rw, and my second atw2 pin clones likely tommorow or the day after.
1/27/22
Made a few smaller bottle subs with a mix of compost, manure, oats, and corncob and a couple full sized bottles. The minis were mostly for pans but nocd a few with lpeu because I ran out of pan lc. Transfered lpeu and Trinity
No pictures as I was rushing the session and feel pretty terrible.

2/1/22
Lpeu starting to colonize mini bottles.

Have red boy recovering in a full size bottle and and had a mostly colonized jar I shook up.  However I am an idiot and didn't take pictures.
Progress is as expected.
All varieties besides Trinity are on grain I am however pretty suspect of the Argentina and think my PE Trinity germ plate was pretty suspect as well. I will give it a couple transfers though.

2/6/22
spawned fully colonized red boy grain jar to shoe box, bottle is not too far behind. Arg and atw2 are about 25-30% colonized. The arg is pretty suspect but I always spawn first fruiting a and clone tests to a shoebox so it will likely get spawned anyway. Trinity had a nice rhizo spot on t1 I pulled for t2. I think I'm going to pick up a white led strip to try side lighting or maybe backlighting plates. Not being able to show agar work kinda feels like cutting out the most important steps.

2/11/22
Red boy starting to peak through the heavy top layer

Dumping my ARG jar as it's contaminated

2/28/22
Sad update
I was trying new filters and only have two surviving lpeu mini bottles they will get cased today or tomorrow.

Edited by Drboomer (02/28/22 02:45 AM)

OfflineCrackatoa
Stranger in a strange land

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM version 2.022 [Re: Drboomer] * 9
    #27599318 - 12/29/21 11:34 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

:ancientaliens:

What we got here are PF Classic and RedBoy. I'm not sure of the age of the print's but hopefully they germ quickly and clean.

:marioshroom:

PF Classic

PF Classic is a sentimental favorite among many Cubensis enthusiasts. PF Classic peaked in popularity in the late 1990's through 2002.

According to Workman, "PF "Classic" was initially purchased by PF from the Homestead Company (one of the few cubensis spore sources at the time) around 1990. No one seems to be sure where the original wild spores were collected, but it has been suggested that they are of Matias Romero stock, which it does resemble."

PF's strains were almost lost to degeneration. Some wonder if the degeneration was due to black light exposure... but Workman suspects the PF strains are all infected with a fungal virus... which may contribute to PF Classic's propensity to mutate (PF Classic has spawned the PF Albino AND the PF Redspore) and degenerate.

PF Classic is not known to produce many spores. You may have to wait longer for PF Classic spore production to begin, than with most cubes. Once the veil breaks and the cap extends, you still may have to wait an extra day or so... before sporulation.

Professor Fanaticus created the PF Tek in 1991. This tek allowed people to cultivate mushrooms without a pressure cooker, grain, glove box or a flow hood. The PF Tek greatly simplified cubensis cultivation for hobby mycologists. The PF Tek is still very popular.

On Tuesday, February 18 2003 Professor Fanaticus' home was raided by the DEA (United States Drug Enforcement Agency).

Although selling cubensis spores is legal, it seems selling spores AND selling info on how to grow them was a problem for the American DEA. Compounding that problem, were the 11 grams of cubes, minuscule grow op, and 2+ ounces of marijuana discovered during the raid.

Professor Fanaticus got off relatively easy (and he thanks his lawyer). He got 6 months of house detention and 3 years of probation. His wife was also given 3 years of probation. On Dec 14, 2006 the Professor's probation came to an end.

The Professor recently turned 60 and now spends his time playing guitar in the Seattle area.

RedBoy

Redboy was a popular cube a few decades ago but it was thought by many to be long lost. RogerRabbit had an old print and used almost all his spores attempting to get it to germinate. It was simply too old. He had to resort to crossing Redboy with Puerto Rico and a little rattle snake venom. It worked. Here's the story in RogerRabbit's own words:

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
After 20 years of sleeping, the RedBoy lives! A mycological Coup d'Etat had to be pulled off to get this mushroom back after 20 years. The spores would simply NOT germinate.

Monokaryotic Puerto Rico mycelium was allowed to crawl over the non-germinating original 20 year old redboy spores in a petri dish, resulting in a 50/50 cross between the redboy spores and the PR mycelium, without the original spores ever germinating, which they were no longer capable of after 20 years.

Rattlesnake venom was added to the agar after cooling to weaken both the cell walls of the spores, and the cell walls of the mycelium, allowing the nucleus from each to exchange genetic information between them. The experiment was duplicated with the offspring, resulting in a 75% pure strain, which was then released to the public.

The result is a 'cross' between the original UNgerminated redboy spores and a cubensis from Puerto Rico. Even though this is a cross,(NOT hybrid since it's two strains of the same species) you can clearly see the red color of the spores.

Enjoy.

Since it was crossed with regularly pigmented cube, Redboy does not always drop red spores. RogerRabbit once asked that people and vendors only trade and sell the RED spores... in order to help the Redboy remain true to its name. Perhaps RR has taken a softer stance recently, but... if people don't heed his advice, the burgundy colored spores the Redboy is famous for producing, may be lost forever. A real Redboy should come from a RED print. For now, you may need to clone or isolate. Vendors, are you listening?

Redboy's red spores are supposedly darker than PF Redspore. According to RogerRabbit, Redboy also, bruises green... which is pretty cool. Most cubes bruise blue.

A unique cube indeed. A lot of work went into bringing the Redboy back. Now, vendors and traders might have to do some work to keep it real... at least for the time being.

:sporedance:

The day has com, I have my plates ready. You can barely see the mica in the pics. My PF Classic print is from 6/30/20 and my RedBoy is from 1-28-17. The RedBoy spores are RED. I'll streak a plate of each and break and insert the swab in the agar in another, 4 dishes total.

RedBoy is being stubborn like I am. PF Classic is showing signs of growth. I am going to streak some KS and PE6 as back-ups in case Ole Red doesn't come along.

1-16-22 PE6, KS and RedBoy are being stubborn bitches. PF classic T-1 is getting transferred to another plate. T-2 will be grain ready.

Edited by Crackatoa (01/16/22 12:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate