Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 664 | 665 | 666 | 667 | 668 | 669 | 670 | 671 | 672 | 673 | 674 | 675 | 676 | 677 | 678 | 679 | 680 | 681 | 682 | 683 | 684 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SpaceBaby]
    #27686285 -

I cant think of the name for it right now but white to dark red staining mycelium can be a really bad mold for you. Fuck what is it called blah.

I don't think  that reishi mycelium turns red.


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SpaceBaby]
    #27686305 -

SpaceBaby said:
I can read cubes better than reishi. if this player was changed i work tis it cause of the pink line in the streak.

that said, it is reishi. i don't feel great about it. three other six LCs look great; i'll post the test plates soon.

anybody know if this is good or i toss the LC?





backlit:






That doesn’t look like reishi, and yeah it doesn’t turn red, yellow or brown sure, but not red.

Found a picture, it’s not a good picture but it’s reishi



--------------------
Mehhh



Edited by Wall.E (03/07/22 02:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wall.E]
    #27686366 -

Ah yes it's Fusarium spp. some of these can make a lot of mycotoxins

Quote:
On potato dextrose agar, Fusarium spp. produce white, lavender, pink, salmon or gray-colored colonies (which readily change in color) with velvety to cottony surfaces.



Quote:



--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sandman420]
    #27686370 -

That's the genus lipstick mold belongs to, right?


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wall.E]
    #27686375 -

No I think that is Geotrichum sp., G. candidum, Sporendonema sp. or S. purpurascens


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sandman420]
    #27686531 -

I’ve had that purple mold in jars two or three times. That shit always scares me.


--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sandman420]
    #27686555 -

sandman420 said:
No I think that is Geotrichum sp., G. candidum, Sporendonema sp. or S. purpurascens



Dang, thought I had that one. Oh well lol


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wall.E] * 1
    #27686611 -

okay.
that LC is headng to the trash. I was kinda waiting for Forresster, him bihng my Reishi Rabbi, sts. But I don't feel good about and neither do the rest of you.

here's a closer pic of the plate:





I have streaks on 5/6 plates that are coing in nicely. gotta wait till friday when bezos replaces my melted nocc loops. can't turn your back on the bactizapper for a minute. :facepalm3: i'll put them up soon.

meanwhile, i shall find some stuff here:



to make more reishi clones.





--------------------
SpaceBaby
SPACEBABY'S LAGM22 THREAD
MUSHBOY'S SHROOM TEA TEK

Me as a cube

Another Day's Work:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SpaceBaby] * 1
    #27686693 -

I've been reading way back on this thread and there is a ton of useful info here.

After several successful brf cake runs, I'm going to start my journey into working with agar this week. I'm looking forward to learning a shit ton, while expecting to make many mistakes along the way.

The cakes have kept more than enough of a steady supply going for me so I'll still have a couple runs of those happening while working towards my first bulk runs.


--------------------
I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too.
-Mitch Hedberg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ClusterB] * 1
    #27686726 -

ClusterB said:
I've been reading way back on this thread and there is a ton of useful info here.

After several successful brf cake runs, I'm going to start my journey into working with agar this week. I'm looking forward to learning a shit ton, while expecting to make many mistakes along the way.

The cakes have kept more than enough of a steady supply going for me so I'll still have a couple runs of those happening while working towards my first bulk runs.



Here ya go:START

Welcome to the Obsession
i mean hobby


--------------------
SpaceBaby
SPACEBABY'S LAGM22 THREAD
MUSHBOY'S SHROOM TEA TEK

Me as a cube

Another Day's Work:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ClusterB]
    #27686818 -

ClusterB said:
After several successful brf cake runs, I'm going to start my journey into working with agar this week. I'm looking forward to learning a shit ton, while expecting to make many mistakes along the way.




PF TEK is great way to start because it's so tolerant of mistakes, but Agar + grains is definitely the way to go.  This tek was very useful for me:  https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26628234

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Shroomintune]
    #27686995 -



Am I doing this right? :grin:

Pulled this from a jar of rye sloppily inoculated with Ps mexicana. Gonna throw it into a couple of slants and hopefully get one sent out to be looked at under a microscope.

Plate had a ton of condensation so the excess water spread it around really well


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho]
    #27687057 -

That's bacteria or slime, no bueno. Like 99% sure that's gonna be a nightmare to find myc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: rockyfungus]
    #27687067 -

Oh there's no myc on there. I purposesfuly picked out a grain that only had the contam. I've been collecting contams in slants for a few months.

I am hoping to find someone with a microscope to check it out though. I've made doubles of each slant so far


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho] * 3
    #27687071 -

Why though?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DERRAYLD] * 1
    #27687079 -

:whattefuck2:


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DERRAYLD] * 1
    #27687081 -

Why not? :shrug:

Mostly for fun, I took a sample of Penicillium roqueforti off a piece of blue cheese for shits and giggles then it kinda snowballed into culturing contams from my grows.


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho] * 1
    #27687083 -

Oh nothing just the persistent nature of many contams.


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sandman420] * 1
    #27687086 -


sandman420 said:
Oh nothing just the persistent nature of many contams.



Fair point but not too worried, if I need to shut down for a few months and do a really deep clean the GF will be ecstatic.


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Edited by SirPsycho (03/08/22 06:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SpaceBaby] * 1
    #27687537 -

Thanks for the encouragement and for including these links.


--------------------
I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too.
-Mitch Hedberg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 664 | 665 | 666 | 667 | 668 | 669 | 670 | 671 | 672 | 673 | 674 | 675 | 676 | 677 | 678 | 679 | 680 | 681 | 682 | 683 | 684 | | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,939 topic views. 23 members, 146 guests and 130 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.021 seconds on 18 queries.