Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #26087944 -

@ asura,
how do your dishes look? (Ramsey recipe)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #26088027 -

Jakeoncid419 said:
No I’m using a loamy soil to case



Right on.  I’ve been keeping an eye out for different clay based soils around here to try.  Have some promising options I believe.

There’s an area in the woods behind where I work that has construction going on.  Looks like they are putting in some drainage systems and have dug beneath the layer of red clay, about 10’, and have pulled up some sandy soil from beneath the clay.  Looked up loamy soil and apparently that’s what it is, lol.

Also have a wet land area where a stream has eroded the red clay in some areas and has exposed 8’ walls of red clay on either side.  Will take some pics today.  Debating whether to take samples from the bed, the clay walls or both...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #26088183 -

Jakeoncid419 said:
No I’m using a loamy soil to case



Right on.  I’ve been keeping an eye out for different clay based soils around here to try.  Have some promising options I believe.

One is in the woods behind where I work that has construction going on.  Looks like they are putting in some drainage systems and have dug through approximately 10’ of red clay and have a mound of sandy soil they pulled from under the red clay.  Looked up loamy soil and it sounds like the same thing.

Will post the others in a bit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Subfinder]
    #26088716 -

Subfinder said:
Brain Bulb said:
Subfinder said:
Yeah, I've gotta try that recipe too. I have ceaurulipes on agar that is horribly bacterial. Trying to figure out how to salvage it because I have no spores for back up.



Have any pics?



Yeah, I'll take a couple later when I'm home.



Hey @subfinder.  Ever get any pics of your contaminated plates?  One of my Caerulescens plates was loaded with bacteria when I got home from work today. 

Only one of the lot so not too bad.  Probably don’t need to but still going to take at least one transfer (green arrow), possibly two (red arrow) if my hands are steady enough.

Will be the last plate I take transfers from out of the batch, SAB will get thoroughly sanitized afterwards and new blade put on.  I’ll hold the scalpel perpendicular to the plate so I have more control and less risk of transferring the bacteria.  Wish me luck!




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #26088772 -

:acslater:


--------------------
Staying Out to Lunch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #26088840 -

Brain Bulb said:
myceliups said:
Brain Bulb said:
Ps. Muliercula plates germinating nicely. 





Standard MEA recipe? Mine have not germinated yet.
And temperature?



I use 6g agar ~ 6g LME ~ 400mL water.  Most of the time I’ll bring it to a boil in my microwave prior to PC’ing.  If I don’t, I end up with some dark spots where the agar and LME haven’t fully dissolved. 

These have been kept in the room I use to fruit so temp is 75 - 80F with 12 on : 12 off lighting.



Temp change-visible growth yesterday lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #26088856 -

Jakeoncid419 said:
@ asura,
how do your dishes look? (Ramsey recipe)



So far so good. I really like the texture of them. My latest streak plates are blowing up, too.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: myceliups]
    #26088875 -

myceliups said:
Brain Bulb said:
myceliups said:
Brain Bulb said:
Ps. Muliercula plates germinating nicely. 





Standard MEA recipe? Mine have not germinated yet.
And temperature?



I use 6g agar ~ 6g LME ~ 400mL water.  Most of the time I’ll bring it to a boil in my microwave prior to PC’ing.  If I don’t, I end up with some dark spots where the agar and LME haven’t fully dissolved. 

These have been kept in the room I use to fruit so temp is 75 - 80F with 12 on : 12 off lighting.



Temp change-visible growth yesterday lol



Awesome!  Congrats!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Brain Bulb] * 1
    #26093290 -

Biggest Caerulescens my outdoor patch has put out so far!





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #26093296 -

Beautiful!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #26093298 -

Brain Bulb said:
Biggest Caerulescens my outdoor patch has put out so far!







Ooohhh i love that! They look like the mushrooms you see people pick in movies that taller curvy stem and dark brown cap


--------------------
Bods Easy AF Oat Prep Tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24126032

Pastywhytes No Pour Agar Tek (PastyPlates)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19208976

Shaperdreamings Shoebox Assembly Tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26009662

Down with the bourgeoisie and up with the proletariat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: DnDRnD]
    #26093387 -

Brain, have you taken these yet? Curious how it compares to cubes.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Asura] * 1
    #26093784 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Asura]
    #26093911 -

Asura said:
Brain, have you taken these yet? Curious how it compares to cubes.



Everything has been pretty small up until now, so full doses have been out of the picture..  Took a little under .5g a few days ago not expecting much but ended up having a nice little trip.  Not too intense.  Mild nausea as it came on but I also hadn’t eaten all day.  Great body high, mild visuals with eyes open, better with eyes closed.  Have a DJ set next week so I just put my airpods in, cut off the lights and got sucked into the music.

Holding onto the fruits I’ve been collecting and want to take 2g next time. 8-].  I’ll be able to give a better assessment then.  After what I collected today and a few more beauties I found popping up in my yard I should be at 2g’s by the beginning of next week!  Only wish they tasted as good as they smell, lol.  Smell like cucumbers but have a bitter taste.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #26093930 -

Huge thunderstorm passed through last night.  Was walking my dogs earlier and spotted these two beauties. :-).  Even though I know where to look for them in my yard they’re still hard to spot.




Thinking about using one of the prints from these, put the spores in water and spread the love around my yard.  May not see a difference until next year but should help right?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #26093939 -

Definitely worth it! Hell I'd clean them up on agar and make more spawn


--------------------
Bods Easy AF Oat Prep Tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24126032

Pastywhytes No Pour Agar Tek (PastyPlates)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19208976

Shaperdreamings Shoebox Assembly Tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26009662

Down with the bourgeoisie and up with the proletariat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #26094015 -

Jakeoncid419 said:




Nice Jake!  You have any extra Papuana spores by chance?

I was going to post a pic of a Caerulescens plate that looks similar.  Wasn’t sure about it, almost looks like it’s spreading underneath the surface of the agar but is clean.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Brain Bulb] * 1
    #26094027 -

Ps. Muliercula blowing up!  Took my first transfer yesterday. :-)



Some Caerulescens phenotypes I’m working on.  Going to document each phenotype and hopefully find out what works best indoors.

1.) Transferred some GS to grow it back out.  Will spawn soon!



2.)  Cloned indoor fruit, T2.  Will probably take a few transfers from this plate and spawn.



3.)  Spores from indoor fruit.



Couple clone T3’s taken around midnight 7/04:



T3 taken late 7/05, different plate same clone.



Oh!  Found this plate from a while back under a magazine a few days ago and it’s pinning! 
Took the plastic wrap off, replaced with MPT and put back into my fruiting room.  One of the plates I’m most excited about. :-)



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #26094054 -



First 10 Tamp's poppin' up. Before I had a chance to case it. It was only 100% colonized for a couple of days. Surprised how quickly these came. I just cased over them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #26094253 -

Jakeoncid419 said:




My papauna plates are looking just like that...was worried something was off. Man that's a relief to see your plates look the same as mine Jake.

Some of these exotics fuck me up with their strange myc! Feel like I'm transferring garbage from plate to plate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2162 2163 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,307,923 43,242 10/05/26 12:07 AM
by Kloakk
* The Official TAT Family Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 65 66 )
tiptrippy 89,103 1,308 08/21/26 08:37 AM
by Smartattack
* Psilocybe × zinnii nom. prov. official thread.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Bigworm 2,211 102 10/03/26 10:36 PM
by CosmicCamote
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 81,757 1,767 10/03/26 09:44 PM
by Noah Keeper
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 589,362 15,115 10/04/26 08:42 PM
by divineverdance
* Experiment- Misc outdoor grow mediums dobinky 924 4 06/24/03 10:45 AM
by ATWAR
* A less-exotic way of drying ? :: badtz 1,290 9 01/22/03 03:07 PM
by Angry Mycologist
* Re: Pacific Exotic Spora fucked me over two years ago and i just got retrupution! WorkmanV 3,227 1 04/30/00 06:32 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
180,038 topic views. 21 members, 130 guests and 303 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.