Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: woofwoof] * 1
    #25780655 -

woofwoof said:
I transferred agar to 10 1 quart jars of wbs. I transferred to agar twice from MS syringe, myc looked happy and healthy on agar. I transferred about size of 2 grains of rice to each jar. Should wedges be larger? Hopefully it will grow out in few days- seeing myc growth

Any answer in wedge size?



I split fully colonized, clean cultures to 2 jars... I pour agar extremely soft, and it liquifies on the initial shake... like this 

Small wedges will work, and carry less risk per jar, but will take longer... If you're confident it's clean,  I'd suggest using more culture per jar


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25780764 -

Vibe_Enthusiast said:
I've noticed some water running on my agar plates.  Ones that havent been inoc yet. Is this okay? When I turn the plate to its side I can see a little bit of water coming across the agar..



:tryingnottodie:


--------------------
:greyalien:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25781292 -

Just try not to move it much once inoculated, it can spread contamination... if it's clean, no worries


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25782945 -





Do you guys think these are ready for first transfer or should I let them grow more? Just not quite sure, first plates and all.


--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: newtomyc]
    #25782986 -

I personally wait till I see some rhizo growth. People say they transfer when it’s the size of a dime. I’d give them some more time if it were me. Maybe someone else has an opinion though.


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25782988 -

Thanks madhatter!


--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: newtomyc]
    #25783014 -

You’re welcome. Exciting stuff!


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: newtomyc]
    #25783044 -

exiting first agar and cakes :rocket:

9 tubs of MEA, 2 germinated after 5 days.
growth a bit smaller than 10mm after 7 days after inoculation.



3 PF cakes, all germinated after 5 days



Made some nasty agar few weeks ago without a PC, have one now :laugh: super happy with this first batch from MS syringe.

is it normal to have 2/9 plates germinate? i know the others may well germinate v.soon but i take it i would want to focus on the fastest plates for isolation?

cheers:thumbup:, great thread


--------------------
we're gonna need a bigger boat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: swissrolls]
    #25783149 -

Welcome to the world of agar from another noob!  Your plate looks great.  I have a bunch of MS plates and I've found that picking my best 2 (cleanest, fastest, most symmetrical ), then transferring out  to 3 new plates (following same cleanest, fastest, symmetrical rule) has worked extremely well (Shout out to Caps for the rule of 3s).  To answer your question, Ive found that not all inoculations perform the same and so I do a drop on about 6 plates to choose the best 2 from.  I have some Ecu MS that took about three weeks to start showing growth...not all syringes are created equal, hence the agar game for isolation:)
I have a question about your jar though: Are you planning on birthing to SGFC?  If so, how will you get the cake out?  Looks like your jar is narrow shoulder? (off topic, I know)
Good luck man!


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25783329 -

I'll do both if rhizo pops up strong... you should always hang on to donors until fully colonized IMO... if for nothinf else but observation


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25783405 -

I have some pre-poured plates ordered, jist to get started. It says Kimmig. Supposed to be fit for fungi. 20 piece, something like 13 euros. Would pouring them yourself make it even cheaper than that or are the pre poured ones usually not the best fit?
Just curious if it would be worth the hassle to learn to pour my own dishes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tweeq]
    #25783457 -

Wait until you get those dishes to make your decision. They usually have issues with sterile-ness when they get to you. As for price, I know shit about Euro prices :shrug:

My guess is that it will be substantially cheaper to pour your own over time (the initial investment may be higher), and it will be more hassle-free with better sterile technique. BUT! I have no idea, the Netherlands are pretty foreign to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25783631 -

ShaperDreaming said:
Wait until you get those dishes to make your decision. They usually have issues with sterile-ness when they get to you. As for price, I know shit about Euro prices :shrug:

My guess is that it will be substantially cheaper to pour your own over time (the initial investment may be higher), and it will be more hassle-free with better sterile technique. BUT! I have no idea, the Netherlands are pretty foreign to me.



It'd be cleaner to pour your own as well


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25783676 -

thanks guys, haha yeah i used normal jars as i had them lying around and i plan on shredding the cakes and spawning with coir so i guess cutting/digging them out of those jars shouldn't be too bad.

Is there a right time to take transfers?

3 transfers from the best 2, cleanest, fastest, most symmetrical :thumbup::thumbup:

I have an incubator dialed in at 77F, it has both agar and cakes inside, i should be fine at 80?

:rasta: cheers


--------------------
we're gonna need a bigger boat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: swissrolls]
    #25783742 -

I transfer anytime after the culture is about dime sized, until just before it meets the petri edge...I wouldn't incubate, increasing the favorability of conditions for contaminants... on an open shelf at room temperature in 12/12 lighting will be perfect for your plates and jars, and inhospitable to nasties


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: swissrolls]
    #25783770 -

As caps has said before, dime sized works well...BUT, I also agree with waiting a bit to see if rhizo peaks out. Example, I recently made a 1st transfer of some MS innoced plates. They are gorgeous, but all tomentose. The T1 plates look great so far and very clean. However, I have one plate that didn’t look quite as good as the plates I transferred from so I sat on it to watch it...lo and behold today it has a beauty sector of rhizo.
My experience is there ARE tried and true rules of procedure, such as cleanliness, sterility, and of course the actual biological needs of the species you are working with. Yet, at the same time, aside from the hard fast rules applying to procedure, experience will teach you more about what works best for you...ya?
As to temps...warm room temp is all good IME. I have a built 20ft shipping container (insulated, finished interior with windows and door, heater etc...) that serves as my workspace...used to be my electronic vintage hifi workshop that fungi has now primarily taken over:)....it is 74-76 during the day, 70-73 at night and all of my projects grow very well, from plates to grains to pf tek jars. I ditched an incubation chamber, in favor of shelves. For plates I use plastic shoeboxes stacked by date and variety. KISS (keep it simple stupid) is ultra important too, starting out. Keep it simple, get some good grows outta the way then add to your base of knowledge. This site has all of that.  Hope that helps. Remember, I’m still asking a ton of questions and learning myself...I’m new so always remember to take what o say with a grain of NaCl! But I figure my own experiences starting out may help others.
Good luck! Post updates!
HH


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25783776 -

Fuck man, typing at the same time....I could have just avoided my long winded reply.  But I do love to hear myself talk, lol.


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: swissrolls]
    #25783798 -

These are the plates:

T1 B+ from MS on the right after three days. Left is the plate I’ve been watching. Will transfer from the 7oclockish position.


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25783852 -

my room temp varies quite a lot and can get well below 70, summer should be fine. I had a terrible time with incubator initially because of temperature gradient but im very happy with it now. of course i wanted to increase temp to speed up growth but i appreciate the advise and will leave things as they are.

ok i will do my best to be patient before i start chopping ha, no rush

mr helper  Caps  Thanks a lot, there will be updates


--------------------
we're gonna need a bigger boat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: swissrolls]
    #25783862 -

HH, so T1 was originally from that plate also?


--------------------
we're gonna need a bigger boat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,364 topic views. 3 members, 66 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.