Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25779365 -

No problem doing both... takes only a microscopic bit of culture to inoculate a new plate for back up

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25779792 -

Just transferred a wedge from my clone plate to have as a backup and put another 3 wedges to spawn.  Guess I’ll find out soon how clean the culture is, lol.  I have 3 other plates of clone tissue from the same specimen so no harm done if it doesn’t work.

On another note.  This transfer came from a healthy plate and looks good, but it has more of a fluffy rhizomorphic growth.  Plate I transferred from was pretty much all rhizomorphic.  I know this could be an indicator of bacteria.  Could it be due to a different agar recipe as well?  Was going to A2G this plate as well.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25779796 -

I've noticed some water running on my agar plates.  Ones that havent been inoc yet. Is this okay? When I turn the plate to its side I can see a little bit of water coming across the agar..


--------------------
:greyalien:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25779839 -

Caps said:



HH, I'd clone at least the largest of the cluster, just to have a clone culture of the variety on hand... remember that smaller tissue samples will recover more quickly and carry less risk...



Thanks Caps!  I slipped some dope specimens to the plates...then I took a really close look and found the smallest of dog hairs...no shit, a dog hair.  Fresh shower, clean long sleeve taped at the cuffs and sterile surgical gloves.  Bastards.  Can't wait to see what it grows but hoping the mycelium will beat it out since it's at the edge. 
General thanks to all, these plates are only looking so sweet because of all of the fine info here!


2 of 4 plates, the other two had just enough condensation to throw off the flash and without you can see a reflection of my ugly mug.  Circled the hair so everybody can laugh.  I'll update when it starts growing dog mushrooms.


--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25779855 -

My very first unintentional agar pin.



Should I clone it? :lol:


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25779860 -

Looking for opinions on these plates, going to transfer all of these, but would like to take at least one to grains as well.. Thoughts?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25779968 -

MadHatter333 said:
My very first unintentional agar pin.



Should I clone it? :lol:



:justno:...ummm
:snoopyes::fuckyeah:

wcg18 said:
Looking for opinions on these plates, going to transfer all of these, but would like to take at least one to grains as well.. Thoughts?




I like PE4 T1 for grain personally: most uniform

APE looking mean... satellite bacterial colony near the culture, so will be tweezing them rhizo's tmrw son! Lol


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25780031 -

I’ll clone it tomorrow when I do my transfers. Finally dropped the other PM plates into some wbs.

Crazy growth :rockon:


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25780072 -

Caps McGee said:
MadHatter333 said:
My very first unintentional agar pin.



Should I clone it? :lol:



:justno:...ummm
:snoopyes::fuckyeah:

wcg18 said:
Looking for opinions on these plates, going to transfer all of these, but would like to take at least one to grains as well.. Thoughts?




I like PE4 T1 for grain personally: most uniform

APE looking mean... satellite bacterial colony near the culture, so will be tweezing them rhizo's tmrw son! Lol





Do any of those plates look unworthy to continue/contaminated? These are the first transfers after I did 1 drop from MS syringe to agar.  Is there any point to keeping transfers from all, or should I just narrow it down?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: wcg18]
    #25780081 -

:popcorn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Just_A_Noob]
    #25780118 -

There aren't any that aren't workable, but id avoid any leading edge growth that isn't uniform (like #3 at 5 o'clock), or that has an abundance of clear distortion beyond the leading edge  (like #7 at 3 o'clock)... I like uniformity in structure and curvature  (like #3 and #6, both from 7-10 oclock, or #8 from 10-2 o'clock) ... #4 is a sexy culture... just:2cents:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25780125 -

Caps McGee said:
There aren't any that aren't workable, but id avoid any leading edge growth that isn't uniform (like #3 at 5 o'clock), or that has an abundance of clear distortion beyond the leading edge  (like #7 at 3 o'clock)... I like uniformity in structure and curvature  (like #3 and #6, both from 7-10 oclock, or #8 from 10-2 o'clock) ... #4 is a sexy culture... just:2cents:



Ok thanks Caps, much appreciated! 😃


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: wcg18]
    #25780215 -

Some Tidal Wave


And the silhouette from the wedge from the plate above.


Rusty whyte wedge doing it's thing, Gobble gobble :brainscream:


--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #25780416 -

I transferred agar to 10 1 quart jars of wbs. I transferred to agar twice from MS syringe, myc looked happy and healthy on agar. I transferred about size of 2 grains of rice to each jar. Should wedges be larger? Hopefully it will grow out in few days- seeing myc growth

Any answer in wedge size?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: woofwoof]
    #25780559 -

Two grains of rice seems pretty small to me. I hear most use at least 1/4 of the plate. They may colonize really slow for you. What’s done is done though right? Can you add more agar after you close the jars up if you’re careful? is what I’m wondering..

You may be better off next time knocking up two-four jars with one plate. Then use your colonized master jars for grain to grain. That’s what I do at least.

It may still grow out alright for you though. Once the mycelium spreads enough (at least 20% colonized) you can shake your jars to distribute the mycelium throughout the grain and it will colonize faster.


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Edited by MadHatter333 (01/31/19 05:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25780589 -






Looks like my very first plates are actually growing some myclium!!


--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: newtomyc]
    #25780600 -

You’d probably be better off using one drop of solution in the dead center of your plate. The less spores you use, the less likely contams will appear. Plus if it grows from the center out you can more easily pick and choose where to transfer from.

I’ve never done more than one small speck in the center with my inoculation loop. Actually.. I lie. I’ve tried streaking once and it just looked like poop.

Congrats on the first plate growth though :wink:


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MadHatter333]
    #25780617 -

I was nervous on those first plates and tried to streak.  I just did a second set (with a lot more confidence) and only put a drop in center of plate.

Agar is really addictive!! Lots of fun playing with dishes and glassware.

JJ


--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: newtomyc]
    #25780625 -

Haha, for sure. I feel yah on being nervous. My first plates were ghetto lol.

Good luck, and have fun!


--------------------

TEKs I Like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: woofwoof]
    #25780639 -

woofwoof said:
I transferred agar to 10 1 quart jars of wbs. I transferred to agar twice from MS syringe, myc looked happy and healthy on agar. I transferred about size of 2 grains of rice to each jar. Should wedges be larger? Hopefully it will grow out in few days- seeing myc growth

Any answer in wedge size?



i use small plates, and split them in half. tiny transfers to grain still work fine, just take a little bit longer. the shake matters more, tho. i have a set of ten jars i chose not to shake for the sake of a time lapse foto project. they've been cruising for six or seven weeks, and only a few are just now reaching 100%. others are still a couple weeks away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 72 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 77 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,392 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,010 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,704 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,650 topic views. 13 members, 154 guests and 166 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.