Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Achieving OBE through the dreamstate
    #2529811 - 04/06/04 12:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone ever get the feeling they did this either accidently or intentionally? I am suddenly very curious about the vadility of an apparent OBE while dreaming..

A short while ago I awoke from a rather interesting nap. I wont get into details regarding the actual dreams, but I would really like to verify whether or not having an OBE while dreaming could actually be considered out of body, or if the whole experience was just..a dream.

Here's basically what happened. After going through a series of strangely vivid dreams I found myself in a state I had recognized very clearly from a previous episode (which I was convinced was an OBE) a few months back. This intense vibrational feeling place or state of mind, that doesn't particularly feel like a dream, nor like anything else I could really compare it to..I was there, again, seemingly by accident.

Regardless of whether I was still dreaming or not, I was in my room. I knew this. I went "in and out" 3 times, twice intentionally after I seemed to be a bit more comfortable with what was going on, the first time of course by accident.

Basically, all of the sudden, I realize I'm in this crazy high vibrational feeling type place. There was no doubt in my mind I knew this place..I've been here before. I stayed very calm, relaxed with it and just tried to analize the situation. After a period of time I found myself stabilized back on my bed. Still having that intense "buzz" type feeling I decided to see if I could do it again. It really didn't take much effort at all. Within about 10 seconds my door and the walls around it sort of "became my celing" and I was flying. I could touch things, my 'hand' would go right through whatever I touched, but I could still feel whatever it was I was touching. I remember it so vividly, yet it's so hard for me to put into words. My lights were on in my room, and I knew this. I have a celing fan and I put what felt like my hand in its path and felt the fan blades just pulsating through me painlessly like I was a part of the air it was cutting through. Yet I stayed intact and it actually felt pretty neat. Eventually I came back down into my bed and figured I might as well try again. I am not sure if I returned to my body by choice, or if I came back due to lack of concentration, or what. The third and last time I did this, the theme seemed to be "go as fast as you can" ... This is really hard to talk about! but anyway, I flew straight up, I couldn't see much except for white light, but that didn't matter, I was doing summersaults, spinning, twirling..I distinctly remember feeling some kind of 'wind' or something up against me while doing this. I remember consciously not going too far as I felt worried about getting lost..But I mean, this was without question one of the most interesting experiences I have had thus far. Damn.

I really don't know what I'm expecting anyone to say. I wasn't even really planning on using the computer tonight but after that I felt the need to come and say SOMETHING...

I'm lost for words at the moment..any thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Achieving OBE through the dreamstate [Re: ekomstop]
    #2529985 - 04/06/04 02:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i can't relax my body, so i only OBE through dreams. dream into lucid dream into intentional obe.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineSubliminal
SpiritualToddler

Loc: KY
    #2530954 - 04/06/04 11:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Congrats, you OBE'd :smile: What makes you doubt it?

--------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Achieving OBE through the dreamstate [Re: Subliminal]
    #2530987 - 04/06/04 11:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Because nothing actually left his body. When I dream I am in Hawaii, that hardly means that I actually travelled there.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineTimeTraveler
Another

Loc: I'm right here.
Re: Achieving OBE through the dreamstate [Re: Swami]
    #2531139 - 04/06/04 12:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"Because nothing actually left his body. When I dream I am in Hawaii, that hardly means that I actually travelled there."

I agree with this logic. The mind is very mysterious instrument, and to automatically say you have left your body when you feel the sensation of leaving your body in a sleep state is, in my opinion, a bit naive. I'm not denying the validity of the orginal post, though.

--------------------
The air is cut with cyanide.

Offlinenecronomicon
journeyman

#2531172 - 04/06/04 01:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

dreaming is a form of OBE, silly people. Anytime you are not in your physical body but still perceiving its an OBE. Its the lowest level of OBE, and once you get to higher and higher levels, things have less form and just more pure energy.

If you experience it, it is real. All experience is real, there are just many, well infinite levels of reality.

If you tell someone in a lucid dream that its just a dream, they will react like your crazy, now if you do that in real life and tell them this is just a dream, they will react exactly to same...so what is real, is life anything more than a dream? I say no, and so do nearly all eastern religions...its all just an illusion.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#2531716 - 04/06/04 03:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I am not sure if I am still questioning what happened as genuine or not..as it seems possible it very well may have been, but I couldn't help wonder about it since I was technically asleep.

Although I agree with Swami's statement, what happened was not like a typical dream in Hawaii..Not only are you lucid or conscious during an obe, the nature of the experience is noticably different than that of a regular dream (atleast seems to be the case with my limited experience..)

I couldn't really tell if I had body parts, although, I did feel as if I could use them if I wanted to, and did.  The ammount of energy felt is awesome, it's everywhere. It's almost as if regular matter was about the consistency of water..I could dip my hand in it and 'feel' it from the inside..my vision was quite different than that of being awake, or being in a regular dream.  The colour white seemed to dominate most of my field of vision.  Things were much more blurry feeling, almost transparent, and seemed to be in some kind of constant motion.  Very strange.. 

Of course maybe it was all just a dream.  I can't really say for sure, though, these experiences do seem to parallel with the first "apparent" OBE I had a while ago..Maybe it's time I buy a book on this stuff, perhaps then it would be a bit easier to reject and/or confirm what may (or may not) have been happening..

Thanks for the comments everyone :smile:

OfflineSubliminal
SpiritualToddler

Loc: KY
    #2532809 - 04/06/04 09:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, now I know exactly what you are talking about LOL

Today I decided to try to OBE between classes again. It's so hard for me to know if I dreamed the whole thing or if it was real in that state of mind. But I remember feeling the vibrations, hearing the humming (not nearly as loud as it's been in the past), and other feelings like I was about to OBE. Suddenly I felt whisked out, and remember looking down seeing my bed and my room, but it was really hazy like a shimmering mirage would look. Up above eye level in my room I have placed a playing card face-up, and I have no idea what card it is. I have it there as a test to confirm any valid OBE I may actually experience in the future. Well, as soon as I decided to go look at the card I was immediately whisked back into my body and my eyes popped open.

So now I know exactly why you doubted your experience :wink: It feels so much like a dream - but supposedly they are valid OBE's... Supposedly the more you do, the easier they get and the better you can get there on a more conscious level. I'm really hoping one day I figure out which card I have sitting out :grin:

--------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Edited by Subliminal (04/06/04 09:29 PM)

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2533018 - 04/06/04 10:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

congradulations man! i fucking LOVE obe's. a while ago i posted a record of the 2 ive had involunatrily , and just a few days ago i had my first intentionally induced OBE. As for there reality, its percepually if not objectively real. THe experience is real, and thats what makes it worth while. Its like asking if the mushroom trip is real. THe trip is real, but no one else can see your visuals

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Achieving OBE through the dreamstate [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2533120 - 04/06/04 10:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

its percepually if not objectively real

Perceptually real? Like a voice from God? Yeah, it is imagination and does not come under the definition of "real" at all. Nothing leaves the body. If anybody wants to contest this, I am sponsoring the second annual Swami $20,000 OBE Challenge. (0 for 28 last year). I expect an even bigger turnout of failures this year.

All you have to do is specifically identify the chosen object to the right of my computer. I have put it on pink paper for clearer "viewing". I am easy and you may alternately use astral projection, clairvoyance, shamanic journeying, and remote-viewing. How much easier do I have to make it?

One "guess" per member.

--------------------

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2533139 - 04/06/04 10:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I "saw" it, Swami...you naughty, naughty boy.  Those things should be kept in the nightstand of a bedroom :smirk:  I will now conclude my metaphysical demonstration by teleporting fresh batteries to you...ugh...sorry, I'm drained.  But stay tuned  :3rd_eye:

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Achieving OBE through the dreamstate [Re: Viaggio]
    #2533310 - 04/07/04 12:07 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

*Swami blushes and reluctantly writes a check to vaginio, er viaggio.*

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#2533576 - 04/07/04 01:40 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like an interesting experiment to try, Subliminal. I'd definitely like to hear how it goes  :smile:

Quote:

Swami said:
Yeah, it is imagination and does not come under the definition of "real" at all. Nothing leaves the body.

I am willing to consider the possibility that maybe these experiences do take place inside the mind or imagination, not outside of the body..though if that were the case, I don't think I'd automatically disregard them as not being 'real'...Call me crazy, but to me the imagination appears to be very real, and perhaps experiences involving it shouldn't be disregarded so quickly.

From what I gather..what I experienced was quite convincingly out of body, especially at the time.  Just as the feeling of being in another place inside of a dream is also about equally as convincing..at the time...I guess what I'm trying to say is, I can't just assume it to be simply one or the other..Atleast not now.

Either way, I'm going to try and keep working with it, and see what happens.  :mushroom2:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#2533587 - 04/07/04 01:49 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

swami, is it okay if i get three guesses? i mean, top psychics using remote viewing, the most accurate way of figuring out that information, is only accurate 80% of the time. an decent amauter would only have an accuracy of 10-30%. and that is if they're good.

how about giving me three guesses, and you can surely laugh in my face when i'm wrong.

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Achieving OBE through the dreamstate [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2533595 - 04/07/04 01:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Achieving OBE through the dreamstate [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2533652 - 04/07/04 02:10 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I can do you one better. You may view the item an unlimited number of times for thirty days. That gives you plenty of opportunities to confirm your remote viewing. Shit, I am so easy, I will even allow consultation and group viewing.

However if I find scratch marks on the door to my house or jimmy marks on the windows, that will invalidate the entire proposal.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2533941 - 04/07/04 06:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The thing that I don't like about the statement "nothing actually leaves the body" is, like, what would you expect to leave your body? :grin:

A thought doesn't exist in physical reality, does it? I don't know... I don't have experience in anything like this and if I did, I don't know where I would begin "validating" any of it.... *shrugs*

Is there another realm in the same space as this one that is accessible? Is it all just imagination? If it is just imagination, what does that mean exactly? Maybe our minds are just playing this physical reality to get some experience and to learn, but actually exist as their own reality?

How the hell can we know or not know? *goes insane* :nut:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Achieving OBE through the dreamstate [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2534659 - 04/07/04 12:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The thing that I don't like about the statement "nothing actually leaves the body" is, like, what would you expect to leave your body?

I don't expect anything to leave the body, but then I am not making the wild claim now, am I? Does the liking or not liking of a claim affect its veracity?

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#2535819 - 04/07/04 05:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

woot! i'm down swami, i hope i win, i need money.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2535887 - 04/07/04 06:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
The thing that I don't like about the statement "nothing actually leaves the body" is, like, what would you expect to leave your body?

I don't expect anything to leave the body, but then I am not making the wild claim now, am I? Does the liking or not liking of a claim affect its veracity?

:grin:

I really didn't word it like I should have.... I forgot the Swami proofing. :wink:

I think what I meant to allude to is that it is awareness or thoughts that leave the body... or something.... I really don't know what I'm going on about, actually. :lol: I haven't had the experience and don't know much about what others have said about it... so I'm just.... talking......  :grin:

*prays to Odin that he will have an OBE tonight so he can have something meaningful to contribute*  :laugh:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: