Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
group experiments in reality control
    #1124620 - 12/09/02 11:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

my biggest problem is in meditation, on drugs, ect ect that i don't have ANYONE who seems to have the same goals of perceiving and controlling certain phenomonon that i do.

for me its important to have other poeple experiance the same things because it makes it easier for me to accept a widened version of reality.

i was wondering if anyone else had participated in group experiments of percieving or controlling reality? and also if anyone in nyc would like to try something of the sort?

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: group experiments in reality control [Re: truekimbo2]
    #1124679 - 12/09/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

could you please elaborate on what exactly "peceiving or controlling reality" is about? sounds interesting indeed.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #1124874 - 12/09/02 12:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've thought about this sort of thing a few times, and the idea has evolved into a somewhat understanding of how difficult that would be.
I've had some pretty intense mushroom trips, and not a lot as I'd like to have for testimony, but I've experienced some pretty 'weird' shit in my time; high and otherwise. The thing is, so many people have so many diffirent stimulai (sp?) passed through that central processing unit we call the brain, there's so much diversity of what the possibilities are. It's not limited to things like "telepathy" or "Telekinesis" (another sp?) for example. The idea of telepathy is something which is loosely used as a term for some sort of communication. When you talk about "controlling certain phenomonon", one persons idea of percieving things might influence the other persons way of thinking of how something might be overcome and worked around - and I'll explain what I mean by that.

If you think of the brain as a massive computer, the time of birth is basically 'programming' like formatting your hard drive and and starting with something that has nothing on it. Granted there's your insticts, kinda like your bios - it tells you how to run all those neat little processes that make everything work - going to the bathroom, blinking, breathing, stuff like that.
When you install a fresh OS, you generally customize it with the most basic of options, things like (and I apologize to you 'nix people out there) ms Plus, TweakUI, your Mouse Speed and your Keyboard Repeat Rate [notice the acronomycal uncapitalized reference to micro-soft], but as your experience expands, you have things throughout your life that effect how the brain functions. Your elementary school may be so different from your neighbors that those first critical years can tweak and edit your input and output devices so much that the processor is doing completely different things with it's ram and hard drive. Granted with common instructions the soul can achieve the same result, but some things can be completely different from someone else's connection. Just like there's cable and DSL, there's windows and unix. I feel that a person can most be compared to linux - distrobutions like mandrake and redhat are similar, but being open source there's so many different people using so many different executables all to achieve the same display on the monitor, certain loop's and routines aren't used on someone elses, and after a while they think completely different. One person might link the ideas of aol and chat together, when another person links chat with ircii. Now I've kinda gotten off on a rant here with all these metaphorical references, but what I'm trying to convey is that something like, well, bending a spoon as a Uri Geller example would be approached from an entirely different perspective. Some have clame to see into the future, when others have claimed to see into the past.
Not everyone's diet is the same, and without a equal amount of say, protein, amino acids, and what not, the processes that 'make shit happen' would be running on completely different levels. Factor in stress, financial issues, and that swass Trillian chat proggy you run 24/7, and you have someone of an idea of how complicated things might get. Certain ports wouldn't be open on some people, and things just might not connect at all.

When I think of meditation, I think of being one with inner self - ignoring all those outside distractions that seperate you from your true being... (whatever that may be) When something out of the ordinary is experienced, it's based on your current mindstate x 9 to the 27th power other variables that create the final experience. Things can be re-experienced, but on a different levels or with completely different schedules - making the "how it got there" impossible to convey to someone who hasn't been programmed EXACTLY like you have. This all twists into reality making it very difficult to share the EXACT same feelings and what not with someone who can't comprehend the current inner mechanics of what's behind the scenes.

Basically, it's pretty friggin' hard.

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. The spell checker wouldn't work.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
    #1130177 - 12/10/02 07:59 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I'm interested in a group or one-on-one experiment of psychic abilities. I've tried mentally 'shouting' to a friend across 35 miles 'CALL ME' for 10-15 minutes to see if my phone would ring. I think it might be a better test if both were expecting a msg at a particular time. I'm not sure that the distance is a factor. If anyone is interested let me know.

Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: group experiments in reality control [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #1130186 - 12/10/02 08:01 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think it might be a better test if both were expecting a msg at a particular time.

Uh, yeah. Let me know exactly what time to call you and the experiment might very well be "successful".

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
Re: group experiments in reality control [Re: Swami]
    #1130214 - 12/10/02 08:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Actually the tests involving a certain time would be more like guessing cards from a deck or symbols or numbers or something

Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
    #1130505 - 12/10/02 09:41 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i've got ideas on how to accomplish inter-subjectivity. perception synchronization before things can proceed.

also, i think telepathy is better practiced sober. i've had incredible results

--------------------

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1130517 - 12/10/02 09:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's called TV....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

#5654154 - 05/20/06 06:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've been on the sharp end of this reality control/inter-subjectivity trip of which you seem to speak, quite the glory and quite the pain. The anomaly in a group construct. The schitzotypism that came with it is largely due to this, a confused and bombarded heart. Maybe I have seen further than those not on a virgin wavelength, but if i did or do i forget what it was i was looking at. Radiance? I'm not sure it has lasted.

You want to experiment with reality control? If you do, don't kill the virgin unless you are such that you can comfort them with your actions and self, beyond your words.

--------------------
read books

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5654271 - 05/20/06 07:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

group magic can be very dangerous if even one member of the group is a weak link in the chain.

personally, I think magic should be a solitary persuit, for most magical circles I have been involved in tended to degenerate into petty squabbles over difference of opinion caused by egotism.

but still, some magical orders have done great things before their inevitable collapse.

my advice is to tread carefully when practicing magic in groups.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: group experiments in reality control [Re: Jackenobi]
    #5654273 - 05/20/06 07:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:dumbhunter: :courtjester: :todcasil: :restless:

The person you're replying to has already ascended.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (05/20/06 07:15 PM)

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: group experiments in reality control [Re: Icelander]
    #5654579 - 05/20/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Has he gone somewhere nice?

--------------------
read books

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #5655583 - 05/21/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

He went to Delaware... not sure if that answers your question or not. :shocked:

:headbang: :sun: :earth: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: group experiments in reality control [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5655648 - 05/21/06 08:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ah. Well there is always the age old maxim:

"Hi... I'm in Delaware"

--------------------
read books

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #5663760 - 05/23/06 11:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

what the fuck? i was just looking at my old posts for the first time in years, how did you even find this?

--------------------

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

#5663818 - 05/23/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

haha i didnt notice it was so old, it must have been in the related posts bit at the bottom.

Did you ever get round to the group experimentation business?

--------------------
read books

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #5663838 - 05/23/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

How was your visit to Delaware, my friend?

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: group experiments in reality control [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5667671 - 05/24/06 05:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i explored for a couple years after writing this topic. i would say its still a current interest. i'm not sure what to say other than it appears to be an aquireable skill. i'm less interested now in attempting to do this with other poeple in any sort of organized fashion after witness a singular master: level 7 (thats his name). if any of you ever meet this kid (he travels around to lots of major cities) defintely listen to him and trip around him if you can. even if you end up not going with his flow his skill is incredible. he can direct attention to fantastically complex and immediately personal realities with simple things like moving objects a certain way.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale