Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Religious ketamine experience
    #7158948 -

Please forgive me if this offends anybody, but I just had possibly one of the most powerful and most strangest religious experience of my entire life. I dont know how long this is going to be, I am still trying to get myself together.

For the past 7 years of my teenage life, I have been addicted to drugs of all kinds, but I have always been careful about it until this past year. This year I started my opiate addiction with poppies, and changed my opinion about cocaine and decided it was ok every now and then. Throughout all of this I have held a strong beleif in God and was relatively post modern about it as well. I left my church that I grew up with completely criticized and judged. Soon my parents followed my actions after they were being treated differently ever since I started smoking pot and stopped going to church. My family is particularly religious, I have a member of the family that felt they had a calling from God to show people a better way to live. I actually credit her for keeping me open minded about christ, and not be repelled by the judgemental eyes of those who hide behind the cross.

Growing up I was also abused by my father, I used to get beat up over simple things that made me confused about right or wrong. Suprisingly I wasnt really able to admit this to myself until now. My father was also abused as a child, but was also abandoned by his family for an amount of time. The experience pretty much starts with my dad basically.

The past year I have been raving quite alot and was introduced to many club drugs, one of my favorites was ketamine. Most of my life I have been quite depressed and have been searching for ways to sustain my mood or even break free to happiness. I began to have severe anxiety issues so I began a daily habit of drinking poppy tea (as mentioned earlier), was a very nasty habit by the way, not even worth it. Then I tried to ween myself off of it, during the course of this weaning I got my hands on some K.

Today I was doing my normal redneck routine of snortin lines and believing that this was changing my life for the better and was curing my depression, I got more than I bargained for. After a day of some intense drama and some very beneficial conversations, I decided to do some more K and write in my book a little bit. I looked at the crucifix in my room and said "Your probably alot more real than I have imagined". This is where things started to get strange. I wrote in my book very clearly "Just tell us whats wrong, no one will criticize you". All of a sudden I began to think about my father, and I heard words of my own voice being spoken in my native language, "If I ever become someone to be recognized as a good person, I think it was because of you". Suddenly the crucifix on the wall began to emerge and glow a bit, and I was drenched in tears. I wasnt sad or happy, I was amazed. I have never cried like that before, and I began to think about my father. How much I have managed to love him regardless of the things he has done to me in the past; he has apologized to me for that once and I saw him cry for the first time. I began to express some sort of a feeling, begging God for an answer why it had to torment my father the way it did. I was crying like a baby for about an hour, and then it all made sense.

There were many different thoughts that settled out soo much difficulty in my life for me, but the one about my father seemed to affect me the most. I really dont want to sound to crazy by naming all the things in my life I can no longer call a coincidence. But for the first time today, I feel as if God has truly shown me how mysterious and how big and loving he truly is. I feel as if love will be a force that will always be underestimated by human beings, and I have soo much faith in everyone else finding their hearts on their own, no matter how troubled they are.

Once again sorry for being such a bad story teller (if only you were in my shoes...), and I know its not a very orthodox thing for people to start becoming better christians after doing a bunch of drugs. I know there are probably many different ways to look at my experience as something that was just straight up drug induced and is worthless, but honestly if it makes me crazy to appreciate this experience and change from it for the better, then so be it. Im not telling everyone to go out and find Jesus, im just saying that there is no escape from the power of Grace and Love, and you will all exposed to it one way or another. I really do think God is weird.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: Jon]
    #7160068 -

Great post. I dont really see god in the christian context but I can totally relate to what you are saying about love and grace.

peace.


--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: GazzBut]
    #7169544 -

great post.no reason to apologize!

i also had the most incredible and mind-fucking trip on shrooms a few weeks ago.
God showed me his creation and he talked to me...

i belive drugs can open your mind to a stage where mankind can become sensitively to a such higher power!

love and peace


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: Entersandman]
    #7172999 -

:thumbup:


--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: Grok]
    #7177613 -

I am off opiates now, thank you shroomery for doing your outer space thing :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: Jon]
    #7184544 -

It was you.

There is no christian god. Or egyptian or anything else for that matter...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: Jon]
    #7195056 -

Hey, I became Christian after doing the right kind of drugs, and that was not without sacrifice coming from a Jewish family. Now, exactly what kind of Christian I became...is another story. Like Philip K. Dick, I am a throwback to pre-Nicean, pre-Constantinian 'Jewish-Gnostic Christianity.' Not all Christians are the same you know.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7196372 -

> Not all Christians are the same you know.

It is too bad that so many of them are... umm... judgmental, unforgiving, and hateful towards others. Take the current Pope for example... (sorry, I will stop now)

To the original poster:

I went from hard core atheist to firm believer in 'something' after a mind opening drug induced experience. However, be careful. I view drug use towards spirituality kind of like taking a short cut while driving. It may get you where you want to go faster, but there is a huge risk of getting lost along the way.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: Seuss]
    #7197682 -

"Im not telling everyone to go out and find Jesus..."
Out??
In.

"For those who are so privileged there has seemed no greater or more worthwhile experience."
"Above all they forgot (Christians), or purged from the cult and their memories, the one supreme secret on which their whole religious and ecstatic experience depended..."
"The church destroyed everything it considered heretical..."
"For the way to God and the fleeting view of heaven was through plants (drugs)..."
-JMA

Seuss: "I went from hard core atheist to firm believer in 'something' after a mind opening drug induced experience. However, be careful. I view drug use towards spirituality kind of like taking a short cut while driving. It may get you where you want to go faster, but there is a huge risk of getting lost along the way."

Wow. Right on.
Getting lost is literally hell.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7199436 -

Religion, ha, get an education.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: Ego Death]
    #7199547 -

Right.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: Jon]
    #17042703 -

I have also had a spiritual experiance while k holing. I learned so much about life because of it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: supercashew90]
    #17043496 -

Exposure to the Supercharged comes in bursts, unfortunately.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Religious ketamine experience [Re: supercashew90]
    #17044261 -

Sometimes a simple switch is all it takes to change ones perception in order to feel better. Too bad it's not simple to make a switch yourself. Luckily some of us have psychedelics, although I feel the change is only temporary, unless you're different or something.


--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Heaven is coming to earth *the sequel*
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
zorbman 184,495 1,020 03/15/18 06:53 PM
by BrendanFlock
* The Snakes are inside me...
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 14,409 44 02/05/21 10:58 PM
by makalis
* Drugs, Buddhism, and States of Consciousness
( 1 2 3 all )
Buddha1 12,468 43 05/31/17 10:33 PM
by eve69
* Dream Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
ShroomismM 53,117 253 05/24/24 03:39 AM
by Buster_Brown
* Alien/Human Relations v2.0
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 24,933 65 12/23/22 02:19 AM
by doolhoofd
* What religion are you?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
undecided 27,171 183 08/30/24 06:48 AM
by Nehl
* The 4th Density
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 17,405 49 10/19/08 12:07 PM
by ariark
* Shamanism
( 1 2 all )
Moonshoe 9,390 37 02/02/10 12:17 PM
by c0sm0nautt

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
5,214 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 37 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.