Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Alien/Human Relations v2.0
    #704455 - 06/26/02 11:46 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

With over 400 billion estimated stars in the Milky Way alone, and an unknown number of Galaxies in the Universe..(there are likely billions of galaxies) it would be rediculous (and selfish) for one to think we are the only intelligent evolved life in this Universe. Our current society has been playing with space for about 50 years now... and we have already sent probes to Mars and beyond. Now think if there was a civilization similar to ours, but was much older. What would a few million or even thousand years of experience in space travel bring you? Efficiency, no doubt.

I have had experiences with beings not of this planet, for some time now. We speak of matters on the spirit and current changes the Earth undergoes. Most of the contacts are met while in the dream state, as that is easiest for both parties. Humans tend to block out things which are hard for them to explain, but in the dream state.. they are not as "real", so more people are likely to accept it without shutting it out. As well as with the beings, they operate on what would be equivalent to our level of the subconscious.. so the dream state is the perfect place as a central meeting place.

I have met with them mostly in dreams, but also in physical, waking reality. There is always a purpose or reason for the visit. Most of the time it is to teach me something, such as how to use spiritual powers to effect your environment.. or to heal yourself or others using the will of the spirit... or just to talk about what's going on.

I know I am not the only one being visited by these beings. I see others... they also convey to me that many other people are undergoing processes similar to mine. There is an awakening of sorts occuring on Earth. An awakening to the global spirit. They are here to help teach us the ways of the spirit and welcome us into the galactic neighborhood as fully conscious beings.. after all.. the Universe is a pretty lonely place if you don't have any other friends.

I like to discover things on my own... figure truths out for myself. But a little help from an experienced person who has been there before never hurts. I am not reluctant to take advice from a civilization that is a few hundred million years older than our own. To survive that long.. you gotta know a thing or two.

The main emphasis I always get from them, is the changes everyone on Earth is undergoing as well as the changes of the Earth herself. It can be described as a shift in consciousness.. a stronger, more focused realization on the spiritual world that we fail to pay attention to a lot of the time. There are two worlds.. the material and the spiritual. Although we may spend most of our time focusing on the matierial world, we come originally, from the spiritual. While this may seem like an opinion to some, to my Pleiadian friends it is a science. Reincarnation is a fact for them, it is studied just like we study science. In fact, their science is a nice combination of spirituality and what we would consider science. Things like Karma (what comes up must come down), Reincarnation, Space and Time travel, Telepathy, Telekenesis, etc.. are just everyday facts of life.

Why should you care? These aren't facts of life for us....yet. This is the world we are getting ready to step into. They are here to help us prepare for this reality.

The Universal law of free will dictates that all beings are sovereign and capable of making their own decisions. This is why extraterrestrials do not interfere in the free will of man... they can observe, advise, interact, but they cannot prevent. They cannot interfere with our free will. But one thing they would like to teach us, is that free will comes with a responsibility. Free will does not mean you should go around doing anything you please even if it means hurting other people just because you can. The number one reason why all of Earth is not in conscious contact with these beings right now is because we have not been able to take full responsibility for our actions. That is the first step towards conscious contact.

There is much to say and to do.. but for now I must take my leave.

With Love and Light

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: ]
    #704469 - 06/27/02 12:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If anyone would like to share their experiences and what they learned, please don't be shy.

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #704474 - 06/27/02 12:23 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Using numbers here doesn't work.. Space goes on forever in every direction.. I'd assume that there is matter filling that space, and so if there is an infinite ammount of planets, then there is also an infinite amount of other lifeforms living on them.. It doesnt make sense to say "we're alone." Of course, that doesn't mean we talk to them telepathically in our dreams, either.

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Jared]
    #704608 - 06/27/02 04:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"It doesnt make sense to say "we're alone." Of course, that doesn't mean we talk to them telepathically in our dreams, either. "

iI have to agree with jared here. I think that there are many things that we as a species do not know. If you ask a mathmetician or a scientist whether it is feasible to be alone in the universe, generally their response comes from their religious background and not the training in science they have had. I had a Bio prof who taught everything up to molecular bio. He didnt believe in evolution because of his religion. HUH!?!?!

Mathematically it is impossible to say we are the only intelligent life forms in the entire infinite expanding universe. They come to this conclusion because of a book written a couple thousand years ago that says so. come on guys smarten up... thats the equivalent of a 3 year old covering his eyes and thinking he is invisible because he cant see you.

I am not arguing with shroomism on communicating with anything or anyone. I do not know enough about the universe ,real or spiritual, to discount him. I am just saying that it has never happened to me or any one I PERSONNALY know. If there is a secret to this communication then please share it. After reading Leary and McKenna and using my own experiences with psychedelics, I have come to realize that I know almost nothing about anything.

I am still of a dual nature with it though. As soon as I read something like that I automatically say "bullshit you are hallucinating" but then I think about it and go " well maybe its possible" I hope it is because I know I need something else to this life. to quote Leary in my favorite line from his writings:

" The extraordinary levels of dissatisfaction current, especially among the young, are based on an intuitive understanding that gravity-bound meat reality isn?t enough anymore.? Dr. Timothy Leary Design for Dying

This sums it up for me nicely. I dont have religious delusions like most people. I have this life only and it sucks sometimes. I have to believe there is something else out there...

postalboy

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
    #704609 - 06/27/02 04:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Right on, Shroomism! the Landotter concurs ... but of course I haven't had the experience of contact in the same way you have. No oneiric transmissions from the Pleiades ... or at least, none that have identified themselves in that way. No doubt your perceptual filters are different from mine. But I do know that there are things (ideas, concepts, lessons, technology, spiritual systems) that are being relayed to our little group (ie. the whole of humanity) here on Earth. It's almost funny (in that cosmically humourous way) how we each interpret what's coming down.

But in the end, the message is, in its essence: CHANGE IS COMING. BE READY. FLOW. And I for one can see no reason why this is not good advice. I intend to follow it.

"What's it going to be like, Dane? Will it be scary?
"If you want. It'll be different for everybody."

Dane McGowan and unknown character discussing the "apocalypse"
from the Invisibles comic series by Grant Morrison

I find it amusing that SETI and all the other searchers of the sky suffer so mightily from "electro-magnetic chauvinism" ... assuming that advanced civilisations would use basic radio waves of all things to contact other points in space-time. It's a remarkably limited and limiting view. It's like there's a huge party going on in the next room but they can't hear any of it because they're strapped between headphones listening to the background hum of the Universe and hoping to catch something.

The party has moved ON, boys! Catch up!

namaste

the Landotter

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #704720 - 06/27/02 06:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

With over 400 billion estimated stars in the Milky Way alone, and an unknown number of Galaxies in the Universe..(there are likely billions of galaxies) it would be rediculous (and selfish) for one to think we are the only intelligent evolved life in this Universe.
That is really bad form saying pro forma, that anyone who doesn't believe what you do is "rediculous". This type of opening does not invite discussion.

I have had experiences with beings not of this planet
Unusual dreams do not equal visitors from another galaxy, nor does hearing voices in one's head.

Most of the time it is to teach me something, such as how to use spiritual powers to effect your environment.. or to heal yourself or others...
Please demonstrate these healing and environmental manipulation powers. If you can't, then I guess these superior beings are lousy teachers and can't select the appropriate student(s).

The main emphasis I always get from them, is the changes everyone on Earth is undergoing as well as the changes of the Earth herself.
Is that the type of profound revelation that you get from them? Well the earth and every person on it has ALWAYS been undergoing constant change, that is nothing new at all.

I like to discover things on my own... figure truths out for myself.
By adopting every piece of fantasy from sci-fi to Von Daniken to ZetaTalk? How is that discovery?

But a little help from an experienced person who has been there before never hurts.
Unless he is an older, more experienced skeptical person on the shroomery.

I am not reluctant to take advice from a civilization that is a few hundred million years older than our own.
Like cockroaches? Their time on this planet dwarves ours.

They cannot interfere with our free will.
So humans really like those "voluntary" anal probes?

The number one reason why all of Earth is not in conscious contact with these beings right now is because we have not been able to take full responsibility for our actions.
Actually the Number One reason is that they are non-existent.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Imaginary Beings/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Swami]
    #704978 - 06/27/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Dammit Swami!! Why must you beat me to the punch? I was scrolling down, reading the hooey and mentally preparing a reply... and then I find that you've already torn into them and I'm left with the scraps. Oh well, when the next tenderloin comes along... I'll be ready to pounce (basically, I'll start waking up sooner. hehe).

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Swami]
    #705092 - 06/27/02 08:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Swami- I admit that I am a skeptic when it comes to things like this, and I do not necessarily believe that Shroomism has been in contact with actual alien beings; but to rip apart his thread like that just isn't necessary IMO.
Imagine if something like his experiences is true and possible. Who are you to say that these beings are non-existant? Obviously you would never know if they existed or not because of your extreme close-mindedness demonstrated in your reply to Shroomism.
I'm sure if there are beings such as Shroomism described, they are looking to be in contact with people who have the most open of minds. And thus they would not be in contact with you. Just because you have never had a similar experience does not mean that you can completely discount someone else's.

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: the_Landotter]
    #705193 - 06/27/02 09:36 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I find it amusing that SETI and all the other searchers of the sky suffer so mightily from "electro-magnetic chauvinism" ... assuming that advanced civilisations would use basic radio waves of all things to contact other points in space-time. It's a remarkably limited and limiting view

Yeah... and I've used this analogy before... but that is like sending smoke signals to NASA asking for help

Anonymous

#705234 - 06/27/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Swami.. I know you like to tear posts to pieces and state every reason as to why I am delusional.. but that's really not neccessary. Your cynical and belittling remarks make me less likely to even respond.

Please demonstrate these healing and environmental manipulation powers.

Most of the lessons are done in the dream state, that is where I get most of my practice. I have only begun to test these abilities in the physical world, I will get better though... I promise. I heal myself all the time, not broken legs or gaping wounds mind you.. but I have not had so much as a cold in years.. for when the first feelings of sickness are felt.. I focus on that and eliminate it before it can begin. Why just last week I had an experience with empathy.. I was talking to Adamist through IM and he said ouch my ear hurts... as soon as that happened I felt a sharp pain and ringing in my right ear. He said nevermind it just went away, I asked him, was it the right ear and was it ringing? He said yes, how did you know? Take it as you may. I'm sure its a coincidence right.
My friend and I practice telepathy on a semi regular basis now.. by having them pick up a card, read it, and then attempt to telepathically send the message. This is something that could easily be tested, and I assure you, when we are confident enough in our abilities..like 90-100% continual success rate, we will have it officially tested. Until then you're just going to have to stick with your ways.. shouldn't be too hard.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: postalboy]
    #705266 - 06/27/02 10:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Mathematically it is impossible to say we are the only intelligent life forms in the entire infinite expanding universe. They come to this conclusion because of a book written a couple thousand years ago that says so.

the Bible says nothing of the sort..
It is loaded with close encounters of the first, fifth, and third kind.

the Nephilim of the OT are "Demi-Gods who fell from the stars, to mix their DNA with Earth women" Gen. 6 for X.

Also see Ezekiel's Vision...

~

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Imaginary Beings/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Sclorch]
    #705377 - 06/27/02 10:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

...and I'm left with the scraps.

Sir, please take a number at the Deli counter and wait to be called.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: postalboy]
    #705394 - 06/27/02 10:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

If there is a secret to this communication then please share it.

I've thought about this and I think that contact comes to those who still have an active "inner child" inside. This doesn't have much to do with age...(although the older you become the more chance of losing it).

Children have a special, magical quality that allows them to believe in the "impossible". Well, what we have forgotten is that all things are possible with God (All That Is). We are waking up now to our forgotten divinity, and like children at play, it seems we will wake up to the fact that every possibility lies within us. A human being is much more than a thinking ape. We have been blessed with the gift of free will, and this means that whatever we will manifests into existence. And it's becoming more and more possible as the collective unconscious starts waking up. The "alien beings", or whatever they may be, are here to help us evolve and remember what we have forgotten long ago.

"They" are increasingly showing up in my dreams, which is something that I have never consciously remembered up until about a week ago. All of a sudden, almost every night, I dream of them. Just the other night I "dreamed" that a huge mother-ship descended over my house and some type of beings communicated with me. Right after I awoke and wrote this:

The Helix spins continuously,
Thus the Forces must oppose for continuation.
The Great Serpent of Darkness moves in the unmoving,
Allowing the cold to preserve Her force.
She is vast and unchanging, giver of Immortality and Wisdom.
She keeps the Light in check;
She is the Limiter, the Preserver, the Devourer.
She is like a vast ocean, keeping all things inside her womb.
She swallows all continuously, thus keeping the Cycle.
The Great Serpent of Light moves at greet speed, being all places at once.
He allows the warmth to keep the existence of Time.
He is quick and ever-growing, giver of Life and Love.
He keeps the Dark at bay;
He is the Sacrificer, the Rebeller, the Ecstatic Lover.
He is like a tidal wave building, a volcanoe erupting, a bomb exploding...
He exists in all of these. He is what drives the Cycle.
This great opposition is the Way.
But there are periods in which these serpents surrender
To the magnetic pull of Love, rather than the repulsion of Fear.
We live in a time of one such surrender.
The Great Serpent of Darkness, in all her Wisdom,
Is once again being pulled together with the Serpent of Light.
We are part of this Divine Union, and it is happening right now.
When climax is reached, Time will cease
As the warmth is transmuted into a new Life.
Then a new Life will be born, a new Way.

Now I don't remember what happened after I saw the ship, except I woke up, wrote this down, and fell back asleep. I didn't even remember the contents of what I wrote, only that I wrote it.

May Love and Light fill your Soul

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #705429 - 06/27/02 11:02 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I do not necessarily believe that Shroomism has been in contact with actual alien beings; but to rip apart his thread like that just isn't necessary IMO.
Which posts here are "necessary"? Which line(s) from my response do you take umbrage with? Help me to understand my inappropriate manner.

Imagine if something like his experiences is true and possible.
I look at the source. I cannot take anything of face value from someone who believes in Crop Circles as alien constructs or that the (totally disproven) "Face on Mars" is anything other than a natural rock/sand formation.

Obviously you would never know if they existed or not because of your extreme close-mindedness demonstrated in your reply to Shroomism.
That's the hundreth time that I have been falsely accused of being close-minded. I have researched esoterica more than any five people on this board. If aliens came into my house, I would certainly believe. If I dreamt them, I would not.

I'm sure if there are beings such as Shroomism described, they are looking to be in contact with people who have the most open of minds.
Ah, you are an alien psychologist perhaps? How do you know whom they would choose and whom they would reject? Please state your basis for this statement.

And thus they would not be in contact with you. Just because you have never had a similar experience does not mean that you can completely discount someone else's.
Of course I can. I did discount it. I cannot trust anything from the man who claims that the pyramids were built by wayfaring dolphins from Sirius, rather than Egyptian slaves.

--------------------

Anonymous

#705454 - 06/27/02 11:13 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I said the pyramids were built by The Annunaki race, or Nephilim of the 12th planet.

The dolphins from Sirius is another matter entirely

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#705463 - 06/27/02 11:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I stand corrected.

--------------------

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#705559 - 06/27/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Which posts here are "necessary"? Which line(s) from my response do you take umbrage with? Help me to understand my inappropriate manner.

I did not say that all posts here are "necessary", just that yours was especially unnecessary. I simply took umbrage to the condescending tone in which you replied to someone who just wanted to post about some experiences he has had and feels strongly about. I just don't think it's needed at all. When someone is wrong, it is okay to correct them. When you disagree with what someone believes in or feels strongly about, it's just mean-spirited and not necessary to rip what they say apart because you don't believe it.

I look at the source. I cannot take anything of face value from someone who believes in Crop Circles as alien constructs or that the (totally disproven) "Face on Mars" is anything other than a natural rock/sand formation.

Once upon a time Galileo said that the earth was not the center of the universe, and people called him a heretic. Besides, just because a person has some beliefs that are false does not mean that all their beliefs are false.

That's the hundreth time that I have been falsely accused of being close-minded. I have researched esoterica more than any five people on this board. If aliens came into my house, I would certainly believe. If I dreamt them, I would not.

If that is the hundreth time you've been accused of being close-minded, maybe you should ask yourself if the people accusing you might be right. Just because you have researched more than others here (and you are assuming a lot with that statement) does not mean you are any more open-minded.

Ah, you are an alien psychologist perhaps? How do you know whom they would choose and whom they would reject? Please state your basis for this statement.

Yes, actually I have my PhD.

Of course I can. I did discount it. I cannot trust anything from the man who claims that the pyramids were built by wayfaring dolphins from Sirius, rather than Egyptian slaves.

I never said you have to trust what he says. I'm just saying you don't have to come across as a condescending AH in a reply to a post which made no attack or insult on you whatsoever. The foot prints on your back that you have spoke of were put there by certain people. You should not vent your frustration on others who had no part in putting those foot prints there.

Just my opinions... Peace,

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#705682 - 06/27/02 01:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I simply took umbrage to the condescending tone...
Would E flat be better? What line is offensive?

Once upon a time Galileo said that the earth was not the center of the universe, and people called him a heretic.
Thank you for the history reminder. I haven't a clue how this non sequitar relates to this post. Galileo based his theories on a lifetime of objective observation, not dreams.

Besides, just because a person has some beliefs that are false does not mean that all their beliefs are false.
Please (re)read the story, "The Boy who Cried Wolf".

If that is the hundreth time you've been accused of being close-minded, maybe you should ask yourself if the people accusing you might be right.
Ah, the fallacious law of large numbers. I have asked and no one can demonstrate how I am more close-minded than anyone else here. It is an accusation based on frustration not fact.

Just because you have researched more than others here (and you are assuming a lot with that statement) does not mean you are any more open-minded.
(I am assuming very little. You are assuming that I have an over-inflated ego and am prone to bullshitting.)

Huh? A person who travels the world investigating miracles, masters & magicians up close (and wanting to believe) spending lots of time & money, is not more open-minded than someone who merely forms an opinion while sitting at home? Strange logic from you.

Swami: Ah, you are an alien psychologist perhaps? How do you know whom they would choose and whom they would reject? Please state your basis for this statement.
Yes, actually I have my PhD.
In alien psychology? Please give me your alma mater. I am skeptical (NOT open minded) that any certified university will hand out a doctorate in that field.

I never said you have to trust what he says.
Thank you for your permission to view a post as I please.

I'm just saying you don't have to come across as a condescending AH...
And you don't have to comment on my posting style. Fair enough.

A whole page of fluff and you still didn't point out what line got your hackles up.

What's up with all of these centered, enlightened people who get pushed off balance at the slightest provocation?

Just my AH opinion.

Peace.

--------------------

Offlineshaganoz
researcher

Loc: Some cold place
    #705692 - 06/27/02 01:15 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Oh the blinded ones like swami makes this world the place of hell
Read my postings on OBEs, you can also meet interesting beings of other worlds this way, they will teach you.

Actually, I was tought in a dream how to have OBE's, and what I learned from that dream works perfectly, at least the best method for now.

Just because you havnt experienced doesnt make it bullshit. Just because I have experienced doesnt make it real.

But I know, what I experienced is real, and things I dont know surely about, well heck, I consider them possibilities

No offence

--------------------
-Everything I write is fictional entertainment and should not be taken seriously-
-To email me, remove NOSPAM from my email adress or else I won't get it-

Anonymous

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: shaganoz]
    #705851 - 06/27/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Oh the blinded ones like swami makes this world the place of hell

Why do some people assume that just because someone doesn't unquestioningly believe their assertions that somehow that makes them closed minded or blinded? Why would you refer to someone who goes in "with both eyes wide open" as blinded?

It seems that those who express the greatest frustration with Swami do so because he uses the faculty of reason in trying to understand the nature of what is, whereas his critics insist on avoiding reason whenever possible. It is not a contradiction of character to acknowledge the unexplained and yet utilize rational thought in attempting to understand it's nature. To glom onto the first idea that happens to float through your consciousness and to assert without critical analysis that it is the explanation for an experience is a sign of an immature intellect.

"The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason."
~Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard

Edited by Evolving (06/27/02 02:49 PM)

Offlineshaganoz
researcher

#706003 - 06/27/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

HE has no eyes open. He could have opend them if he wanted too. Maybe he is afraid to. I dont really care. He choose to wait for proof by someone who probably wont bother giving him proofs. He should experience. Not read or learn but know from facts of experience that can be gained if one is not too lazy. One like him should be the first to try, as he is so skeptic to everything.

What happens if you walk in mud? You might get stuck, or you might not.
But you dont know until you tried with an open mind. Dont walk too lightly, sink in, then dig out if getting to stuck.

--------------------
-Everything I write is fictional entertainment and should not be taken seriously-

Anonymous

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: shaganoz]
    #706067 - 06/27/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

You write as if you don't know him at all. You assume too much for the information you have. What you read from people who post on the BBS at the Shroomery (or anywhere for that matter) is often but one facet of an individual. This facet may be a false persona which this person uses, or may be a very small part of the total individual which he/she feels safe to express fully over the internet whereas in other areas of life it may never come out.

If that is your picture in your avatar, I would say you're just a pup. You should realize that some of us may have a double your total lifetime in experience with ethnogens and philosophical exploration, experience is a great teacher.

Offlineshaganoz
researcher

#706154 - 06/27/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yes experience is. Age is of no importance.
I know people older and younger then me with more experience in various matters.
Being old doesnt equal being wise.

And there is these past lifes experiences that is to be recollected and gathered once again to regain the full counsiousness of oneselfs being. A lifetime of experience? No, lifetimes. For me age is not what matters. I dont claim him, or anyone else to be stupid or fools. Just narrow sighted in my opinion.
But again thats my opinion, from my experience, for all I know there is a different truth for us all

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #706866 - 06/27/02 10:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I respect every human's opinion and hear him or her out on everything. Now allow me to express myself.

I am not taking sides and I even agree that Shroomism wasn't inviting conflicting opinions. However, Swami, I respect your opinion and even agree with a point or to of yours but I am afraid I must voice my disagreement with a few things you said. I will tell you what lines I found to be inappropriate, IMO. You commented on Shroomism opening statements by criticizing him for "really bad form saying pro forma, that anyone who doesn't believe what you do is "rediculous". This type of opening does not invite discussion." Yet you turn around and shoot down his experiences in dreams; "Unusual dreams do not equal visitors from another galaxy, nor does hearing voices in one's head." Does that not do the same thing? You are stating something as fact, which is what you were criticizing him for.

Also when Shroomism said "I like to discover things on my own... figure truths out for myself." You replied by saying "By adopting every piece of fantasy from sci-fi to Von Daniken to ZetaTalk? How is that discovery?" With that you are assuming that his answers came from him reading books, totally assuming that you know that he has not thought of any of this on his own. I don't know where he got his ideas from, whether from reading sci-fi novels or from a life long search for meaning, but I am not so arrogant to assume that I do. (However, I can say I trust people who have never violated my trust. Although, I don't know Shroomism, I find no reason to be believe he is not telling the truth.)

Also when he said "The number one reason why all of Earth is not in conscious contact with these beings right now is because we have not been able to take full responsibility for our actions. " you replied by saying "Actually the Number One reason is that they are non-existent." Once again, you are saying that you know you are right, how is this not arrogance? Simply because you have not experienced something for yourself does not mean it does not exist, IMO. Have you never discovered something that you once thought to be something other than what it was?

No man knows everything, and I am no exception. Since we know that we do not know everything then how can we assume things to be false? IMO, people should keep their minds open to all experiences, you may not agree with them but that means nothing as to the validity of what they are saying.

Also, let me comment in a more general manor to naysayers with my opinion. I assume none of us here have ever left the Earth's atmosphere. Since we have never left Earth how can we assume to know much about what goes on in the entire universe? Shroomism's opinion is aliens exists, Swami's opinion is they don't. These are opinions. IMO people should not assume to know fact, this goes for everyone including me.

Once again this is all my opinion and feel free to express yours.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #707038 - 06/28/02 03:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

You commented on Shroomism opening statements by criticizing him for "really bad form saying pro forma, that anyone who doesn't believe what you do is "rediculous". This type of opening does not invite discussion."
So then, are you saying that this is a good opening line that encourages open debate?

"Unusual dreams do not equal visitors from another galaxy, nor does hearing voices in one's head." Does that not do the same thing?
This has been covered in great depth before. I have dreamt of aliens and of cartoons and monsters and making love to female celebrities. This is proof of NOTHING except for that fact that I was dreaming.

The Son of Sam heard voices telling him to kill people. Obviously (to me) the voices were not from a higher power and had no validity. Therefore we know that at least SOME voices in the head are signs of mental instability. (Before all you reading disorder people jump up and shout, this is not a comment on shroomism, but on the phenomenom of hearing voices!)

Also when Shroomism said "I like to discover things on my own... figure truths out for myself." You replied by saying "By adopting every piece of fantasy from sci-fi to Von Daniken to ZetaTalk? How is that discovery?" With that you are assuming that his answers came from him reading books, totally assuming that you know that he has not thought of any of this on his own.
Once again, no assumptions were made. He has parroted popular fantasy in posts for at least the last year, even going so far as to claim others words as his own. There IS a pattern here.

Do you REALLY believe that he formulated the 12th planet hypothesis through years of astronomical observation or from reading Zacharia Sitchin? Is this "original" or "borrowed"?

Also when he said "The number one reason why all of Earth is not in conscious contact with these beings right now is because we have not been able to take full responsibility for our actions. " you replied by saying "Actually the Number One reason is that they are non-existent." Once again, you are saying that you know you are right, how is this not arrogance?
Ah, you take offense at my arrogance for stating the likely scenario, but not his for stating the implausible. That is consistent!

Simply because you have not experienced something for yourself does not mean it does not exist, IMO.
No, but some 25 + years of investigating alien/UFO phenomenom has turned up nothing of substance. In the past I have given FULL credence to others stories only to find them to be hoaxes, misidentifications, & misperceptions.

There is a growing body of evidence that sleep paralysis is responsible for a large percentage (if not all) of "abduction" and "contact" experiences.

Have you never discovered something that you once thought to be something other than what it was?
Yes. Usually in the negative, like Santa Claus for instance.

No man knows everything,
Do you know every man and their knowledge base or is this an arrogant assumption on your part?

Shroomism's opinion is aliens exists, Swami's opinion is they don't.
My actual opinion is that they may or may not exist, we have yet to explore the stars and cannot say one way or another. However, there is no solid evidence that we are currently in any form of communication with them. Clear enough?

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious

#707676 - 06/28/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

No, Swami, I even said I agreed that Shroomism didn't invite conflicting opinions in my orginal post and that I agreed with you on a few things.

The thing about dreams is still a matter of opinion I think. Some people think their is a terrible amount of evidence for Aliens but that the government is hiding it or that its just not conventional evidence. Whether their is "real" evidence or not of Aliens is a matter of opinion.

As to taking offense to your arrogance and not taking offense to his stating the implausable...once again, I said that I agreed that he to was stating his opinion as fact and that he did not invite discussion. I said that in my orginal post. Also, IMO humans have very little concept for what is plausable and what is not plausable because the universe is huge and we only have been on Earth.

No, I do not know that every man doesn't knows everything...like I said at the bottom of my letter...this is just my opinion and it is not fact, just my opinion.

About your Santa Clause comment...if you don't mind me saying so you seem to have been very betrayed by a lot of things you have trusted in the past and this has made you weary of anyone but yourself, because you seem to believe in only yourself and what you see and find. I hope I am not offending you but I am attempting to understand your opinions.

I am glad we are talking about this, friend, because much good will come of it.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#707699 - 06/28/02 10:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Whether their is "real" evidence or not of Aliens is a matter of opinion.

It is NOT a matter of opinion. They either DO or DO NOT exist. Folks, this is not like preferring chococlate over strawberry ice cream.

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#709289 - 06/28/02 07:52 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Shroomism, I dont believe, nor do i disbelieve in aliens. I simply know what i experiance and i have recently had an interesting "alien" experiance. While on a mushroom trip, i had an extremely vivid vision of a typical "grey" alien. This type of vision was very uncharecteristic of the visions that i usually get on hallucinogens because it was so real and detailed. The difference between this and the "usual" alien encounters that you read about was that i had an overwhelming feeling that the alien was really me with all of my human factors stripped away. It was as if this alien was my true self and the perfection of my being. I simply admired it in awe for a while and was eventually sucked back into reality. I will never forget seeing my reflection in its cold black eyes. I will not jump to conclusions about the experiance but it was very interesting nonetheless.

--------------------
:egyptian:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Catalysis]
    #709417 - 06/28/02 08:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

Shroomism, I dont believe, nor do i disbelieve in aliens. I simply know what i experiance and i have recently had an interesting "alien" experiance. While on a mushroom trip, i had an extremely vivid vision of a typical "grey" alien

Yes! Confusing, isn't it? The possibilities narrow down for me as I think more and more about it...
I think these beings are either
a) extra-terrestrials,
b) ourselves, that exist in some kind of other dimension, or
c) terrestrials of another race that live on this planet somehow hidden from our sight, maybe in a form different than the physical...
I don't claim to know who or what they are for sure...
All I know is that they possess a definite "Other-like" intelligence that seems superior to our own.

Edited by Adamist (06/28/02 08:28 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Adamist]
    #709941 - 06/28/02 10:56 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Gee, only three possibilities? There are many more than that. But, of course, you leave out the most likely explanation: a mushroom induced hallucination based on popular culture.

How could an "open-minded" person overlook such an obvious choice on the possibilities menu?

Did Maria Sabina or Dr. Wasson speak of aliens? No. They were not a part of the local culture. Did Tim Leary and Ken Keysey report aliens? No. Still too early in the time line.

Not until several books and movies popularized the large-headed grey, did reports appear.

Self-deception is one of mankind's fatal flaws.

--------------------

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #709947 - 06/28/02 10:59 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I've never read or seen books, detaling aliens like the ones I've seen, or the ones that I've felt their prescense, they manipulated matter, anyways,, I can't explain.
I still feel that way, but I always feel stronger that they are real,, imagination of the subconscious can only go so far in my opinion.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#709949 - 06/28/02 10:59 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Did Maria Sabina or Dr. Wasson speak of aliens? No. They were not a part of the local culture. Did Tim Leary and Ken Keysey report aliens? No. Still too early in the time line.

That's a good point, Swami.

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineShroomalicious

#710012 - 06/29/02 12:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Swami an interesting thing is, every last culture and people since the cave men have written about or drawn UFOs and Aliens...even cave men from Asia to England scrolled UFOs on cave walls...great thinkers such as Plato and Socrates claim to have communicated with beings who came from the sky.

Also, Time magazine once did a search to find the most universally recognized symbol or character...#2 was Michael Jordan but #1 was UFOs...

I am not saying they do exsist but the truth is stories about them started LONG, LONG, LOOOOONG before mass communication...hell, they started before communication itself.

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious

#710015 - 06/29/02 12:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

BTW, my actually belief is they do exsist. I myself have never had an experience with them to my knowledge but, IMO there seems to be a plethra of evidence to support the theory. Statistically there is more evidence to support the exsistance of UFOs and Aliens then there is of Jesus Christ.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#710292 - 06/29/02 06:00 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

Did Tim Leary and Ken Keysey report aliens? No. Still too early in the time line.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Tim Leary wrote a book called The Starseed Transmissions, which was about channeling messages from an extra-terrestrial race of beings... I havn't read the book, so correct me if I'm wrong. I havn't read much of Wasson and none of Maria Sabina or Ken Keysey, so I can't speak for them

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#710299 - 06/29/02 06:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

But, of course, you leave out the most likely explanation: a mushroom induced hallucination based on popular culture.

If these beings are a figment of my mind (and I don't disregard the possibility) then reality itself must be a figment of my mind because they are as real and as intelligent as you and me.

OfflineDanimal
journeyman
    #710398 - 06/29/02 06:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I just recently finished the book "DMT:The Spirit Molecule" by Dr. Rick Strassman. I'm sure some of you on the board have read it but if not it documents the doctor's 5 year research of DMT, a highly psychedelic and short lasting drug. In the chapters describing patients' experiences, many of them deal with alien contact and include the typical probing, communicating, testing, etc. that is often heard in alien abductions. A conclusion that Strassman comes to(and to me sounds pretty plausible) is that so-called alien abductions are in fact unnatural releases of DMT in the body(it's a drug humans produce). The stories told in the book range from being absolutely horrified, to having a feeling of oneness with the aliens, to pure love and many participants not wanting to leave them(ie, drugs wearing off). In one of the last chapters, Strassman takes all of the accounts at face value and goes off on a wild tangent on how the aliens might be real, describes dark matter, parallel universes and all that great stuff that makes up sci-fi novels. However, he admits himself that he's just letting his imagination run wild and keeps healthy skepticism throughout the studies and his conclusions. If there's been a thread about this book already and I missed it, I apologize for wasting your time.

Peace folks

Anonymous

#710492 - 06/29/02 07:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Tim Leary wrote a book called The Starseed Transmissions

Actually, Starseed Transmissions is a book by Ken Carey.. a very excellent book.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Danimal]
    #710957 - 06/29/02 11:13 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A conclusion that Strassman comes to(and to me sounds pretty plausible) is that so-called alien abductions are in fact unnatural releases of DMT in the body...

Doesn't sound plausible in that there is insufficient "information" in a single (or group of) DMT molecule(s) to code for a 3D play to be acted out in your head.

No. Something else is going on.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: nugsarenice]
    #710964 - 06/29/02 11:18 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

...they manipulated matter...
There is no "matter" in your imagination.

...but I always feel stronger that they are real,, imagination of the subconscious can only go so far in my opinion.
How do you know how far a beshroomed imagination can go? Read one of the latest trip reports where the tripper totally believed that his father had been killed even though he was standing right in front of him alive and well.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#710971 - 06/29/02 11:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

You assume too much for the information you have.

This is typical of the "believer" mindset. Take a small piece of data and extrapolate it into a much larger story, then accept your own story as fact.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (06/29/02 11:22 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#710997 - 06/29/02 11:35 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

every last culture...
Are you familiar with EVERY culture? Overstating your case only weakens it.

...and people since the cave men have written about or drawn UFOs and Aliens...even cave men from Asia to England scrolled UFOs on cave walls...
I have seen some of the cave paintings to which you are probably referring. Like all two-dimensional representations, the pictographs are subject to many possible interpretations. A mere disc symbol on a wall does not tell me that these people viewed spaceships or were visited by aliens; only that they painted a disc-shaped object on the wall.

(Less you think that I am being pedantic; note that no one saw these drawings as symbolic of aliens until a slew of pseudo-science books came out in the '70s.)

Please reference some of these many writings. Most that I have read are similar to the cave paintings - subject to a wide range of interpretations.

...great thinkers such as Plato and Socrates claim to have communicated with beings who came from the sky.
Please post a link or reference to these musings.

Also, Time magazine once did a search to find the most universally recognized symbol or character...#2 was Michael Jordan but #1 was UFOs...
Reinforcing my point that UFOs/aliens are a part of our pop culture, but meaningless otherwise. Large groups of people have frequently been wrong about "certainties".

I am not saying they do exsist but the truth is stories about them started LONG, LONG, LOOOOONG before mass communication...hell, they started before communication itself.
A story could not exist BEFORE communication.

--------------------

Anonymous

#711008 - 06/29/02 11:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#711068 - 06/29/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Figure 1: Looks like a representation of a comet or meteor exploding.

Figure 2: The most interesting.

Figure 3: Could be anything.

Figure 4: No idea.

Not one of these pictures speaks of an alien intellgence visiting us from another star system. It is impossible to get that level of data from a few brushstrokes of pigment.

For further discussion, the artist, his country of origin, dates and backgrounds on these would be helpful.

Are they interesting? Yes. Do we know with certainty what they mean? No.

--------------------

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #711137 - 06/29/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

VERY COOL POST!! It took me damn long to read all ther repies, and for NOTHING. Same old ying-yang battles.. Aliens do exist. The brain cannot imagine things that don't exist!

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #711159 - 06/29/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

As for you Swami, here is the proof:

Just kidding.. Sorry

HERE IS THE PROOF ACTUALLY:

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

OfflineShroomalicious

#711373 - 06/29/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Are you familiar with EVERY culture? Overstating your case only weakens it.
Then you tell me a culture that did not report this.

I have seen some of the cave paintings to which you are probably referring. Like all two-dimensional representations, the pictographs are subject to many possible interpretations. A mere disc symbol on a wall does not tell me that these people viewed spaceships or were visited by aliens; only that they painted a disc-shaped object on the wall.

True, true. Good point.

(Less you think that I am being pedantic; note that no one saw these drawings as symbolic of aliens until a slew of pseudo-science books came out in the '70s.)
Like I said, I think these stories have exsisted long before the 70's. As far as "Mordern Culture" the first Decade of UFO novels and "Alien Hysteria" began in the 50's.

In Plato's Jornal (published in a few different titles) he spoke of visiting Atlantis' main city and as he was writing he said many (rough translation by Jo Vont Fleet) "Disc shaped objects with a buldge in the center. So many they filled the sky to the degree of blocking nearly all sunlight."

How can you say a story did not exsist before communication? Just because the story is not communicated does not mean that it doesn't exsist I think.

--------------------

OfflineDanimal
journeyman
    #711451 - 06/29/02 04:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Doesn't sound plausible in that there is insufficient "information" in a single (or group of) DMT molecule(s) to code for a 3D play to be acted out in your head.

No. Something else is going on.

Swami-I've only done limited reading/research on DMT, could you refer me to any helpful books, articles, sites, etc. that might give me a better understanding on what the drug does/doesn't do to the brain/mind? As well, what do you think the something else is that could a)trigger alien abductions(paranoia, schizophrenia, other mental disorders seem possible(?)) and b)why DMT and alien abductions seem to be very similar? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Peace folks.

Anonymous

#711747 - 06/29/02 06:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Swami, my hat's off to you! What a wonderful job you did in exposing the logical errors in some of the posts. It is very noticeable that some of the posters accuse you having a "tone" when very little can be detected. It must be remembered that every person brings their own subjective interpretation to your words. Hence, the problem with detecting anything as subtle as "tone" in any electronic transmission. I enjoyed your rebuttals immensely (again, no lack of respect to your dissenters). You seem to rely on logic, if I may be so bold. If that is the case then why the name "Swami"?

One parting thought, from one sage to another:

Whenever I find myself in the peculiar circumstance to reply to someone that I disagree with, I stop and ask myself why. I have absolutely no need to rebut anyone on anything. I do not need to prove I am more intelligent. I do not need to show my intellectual prowess. Most of all, I do not desire to argue with others that see things differently than I do. I have found it to be a waste of time.

Again, great job!

Respectfully submitted,

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#711794 - 06/29/02 06:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Swami, my hat's off to you! What a wonderful job you did in exposing the logical errors in some of the posts.
You enjoy my posts because you agree with some aspect of them. I often wonder how many people find a post praiseworthy that speak of a diametrical point of view.

It is very noticeable that some of the posters accuse you having a "tone" when very little can be detected. It must be remembered that every person brings their own subjective interpretation to your words.
Everyman sees exactly what he expects to see - good observation.

You seem to rely on logic, if I may be so bold. If that is the case then why the name "Swami"?
First off, I find it interesting to people's reaction when I print poetry or photography or music; as if I am a one-dimensional being. Every person is worth exploring - we all have unrecognized talents.

I used to be called Swami because of my expertise behind the backgammon board. Many thought me to be a mystic.

Also, I frequently seem to be able to "read minds". Am not sure quite what to believe. For example: the first time I met my best friend, I said, "You remind me of that '60s TV western star", though they looked nothing at all alike. He replied,"Yeah, who's that?" To which I responded,"Clint Walker." Startled, he blurted out, "My name is Clint Walker!" Have many anecdotes like that, yet don't believe I am performing any magic.

Whenever I find myself in the peculiar circumstance to reply to someone that I disagree with, I stop and ask myself why. I have absolutely no need to rebut anyone on anything. I do not need to prove I am more intelligent. I do not need to show my intellectual prowess. Most of all, I do not desire to argue with others that see things differently than I do. I have found it to be a waste of time.
I write as a practice in expressing myself as clearly and as unambiguosly as possible. My writings are primarily for me. If someone finds some humor or gleams some tidbit of wisdom in them, then all the better. If not, that is OK too.

As every soul out there is struggling to find a place in this universe, we are all one in that. Everyone is worth replying to even if they are banal and immature (perhaps most especially).

Would be most interested in hearing your thoughts being added to the chorus...

--------------------

Edited by Swami (06/29/02 08:01 PM)

Anonymous

#711808 - 06/29/02 06:36 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

In Plato's Jornal (published in a few different titles) he spoke of visiting Atlantis' main city and as he was writing he said many (rough translation by Jo Vont Fleet) "Disc shaped objects with a buldge in the center. So many they filled the sky to the degree of blocking nearly all sunlight."

Would you be so kind as to correct the misspellings so that I can do a search to find this mysterious section that I didn't write? Multiple searches under Plato and Ufo's, disc shaped object, and "Jo Vont Fleet" produced nothing. I am a tad familiar with the writings and do not remember any references that could have been properly translated as "disc-shaped objects".

In reply to:

How can you say a story did not exsist before communication? Just because the story is not communicated does not mean that it doesn't exsist I think.

Well said, but what does it mean?

Argumentum ad misericordiam.

As Jack Nicholson said, "Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

ROTF!!!!!!

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#711845 - 06/29/02 06:46 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Woohoo! Damn good thread. It's nice to see that the good Swami is familiar with Zeta Talk. I for one am a believer. I cannot give a logical argument why this is so. I have seen UFO's. Where they piloted by et's? I cannot say because I did not see who the pilots were. Funny how some people do not believe in aliens, but are sure that others have been anally probed by them.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Anonymous

#711847 - 06/29/02 06:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

You enjoy my posts because you agree with some aspect of them. I often wonder how many people find a post praiseowrthy that speak of a diametrical point of view.

What I enjoy about your posts is the scintillating logic that you deftly perform. I do think that UFO's are extant outside the mind. And that includes their beings as well.

In reply to:

Everyman sees exactly what he expects to see - good observation.

Francis Bacon said it best, "That which a man had rather were true he more readily believes."

In reply to:

Also, I frequently seem to be able to "read minds".

I have also experienced the same phenomenon. Fascinating about the backgammon!

In reply to:

I write as a practice in expressing myself as clearly and as unambiguosly as possible. My writings are primarily for me. If someone finds some humor or gleams some tidbit of wisdom in them, then all the better. If not, that is OK too.

Not only a clear thinker, but a good attitude. I take it you are not 21. I appreciate the invitation to discuss this. I will participate.

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#711859 - 06/29/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

As Jack Nicholson said, "Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #711921 - 06/29/02 07:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well, check out "Food of the Gods" where there is a cave drawing from a few thousand years ago of a bee headed "alien". Certainly doesn't look too far from the insectoids that are a common experience of psilocybin. And remember the word "aliens" wasn't current for primitive man, they would have called them "Gods" and "Spirits". There is a massive amount of evidence that primitive man encountered "spirits" in the same way we encounter "aliens", there is just the obvious difference in language. Maria Sabina encountered talking with "spirits" and visiting lost worlds.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #711928 - 06/29/02 07:14 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This type of vision was very uncharecteristic of the visions that i usually get on hallucinogens because it was so real and detailed. The difference between this and the "usual" alien encounters that you read about was that i had an overwhelming feeling that the alien was really me with all of my human factors stripped away. It was as if this alien was my true self and the perfection of my being.

Same here Catalyst - had this experience many times on mushrooms.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #711945 - 06/29/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

With over 400 billion estimated stars in the Milky Way alone, and an unknown number of Galaxies in the Universe..(there are likely billions of galaxies) it would be rediculous (and selfish) for one to think we are the only intelligent evolved life in this Universe.

While there's no doubt there is "life" on other planets, "intelligent life" is a whole other matter. The number of variables that go into creating intelligent life is so unlikely that there are grave doubts that it could happen twice. Another problem of "intelligent life" is that intelligence doesn't seem to be a good indicator of how long your species will last. The dinosaurs lasted 140 million years. After a mere 200 years of human "industrial civilisation" the planet is on the brink of destruction. Are you confident that the human race will survive for another 138 million years?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Xlea321]
    #713534 - 06/30/02 03:49 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The difference between this and the "usual" alien encounters that you read about was that i had an overwhelming feeling that the alien was really me with all of my human factors stripped away. It was as if this alien was my true self and the perfection of my being.

This type of thing is quite common actually.. when one mistakes their higher self for an alien being, as it can be quite foreign to some. The higher self is a part of you that never entered the physical plane, but remained attached to you as a multidimensional aspect of yourself without the binds of the physical. It resides completely in the spiritual.. without the ego or personality of conscious waking state... only life experience and collective knowledge and memories.

As the higher self vibrates at a higher frequency than ones physical body, it can sometimes be mistaken as an "alien".. my definition of an alien is a being that resides at or higher than 4th density.. even a human or spirit form at 4d. It can be especially difficult to distinguish who is who in the spiritual world when you are living in the physical. But every conscious being carries with them their life experience and life orientation.. and at higher vibrations it is easily recognized just by sight. The sight we use to distinguish such characters is that of our third eye, or pineal gland. All beings in the 4th density or above carry their life orientation that is recognized by anyone just as easy as it is to see what color hair someone has. They are recognized as either benevolent or malevolent, first, and then more information about them comes through pertaining to who they are.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#714496 - 06/30/02 09:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting...

You say, "my definition of an alien is a being that resides at or higher than 4th density".

Does that mean my higher self does not reside at or higher than this particular density?

If my higher self does in fact reside at this density, can my higher self then be considered an "alien" accorrding to your definition?

Are the "aliens" that we supposedly interact with actually the higher conciousnesses of beings that exist in the lower three vibrational levels?

--------------------
:egyptian:

Anonymous

#714866 - 07/01/02 02:14 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Allow me to explain

If you want to get technical.. one could say the higher self exists on the 10th density or above. A plane of consciousness that is connected with All That Is, and is always in touch with its true self.

If my higher self does in fact reside at this density, can my higher self then be considered an "alien" accorrding to your definition?

Yes it could. If we are speaking of aliens as higher states of consciousness in higher densities.

Are the "aliens" that we supposedly interact with actually the higher conciousnesses of beings that exist in the lower three vibrational levels?

This could very well be. But again, I must reiterate the fact that with the third eye, one can always see an entity for who are what it is.

Anonymous

Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Xlea321]
    #714874 - 07/01/02 02:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Are you confident that the human race will survive for another 138 million years?

Not if we continue the arms race, polluting the Earth, devouring every last natural resource, and generally killing everything. But times are a changing.. this charade wont last long.

Anonymous

#714913 - 07/01/02 03:09 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It has come to my attention that some people may not know what I am talking about when I say density... so I will explain that in the best way i know how.

Everyone knows what an atom is right? There are millions of them in every object, microscopic particles of energy with protons, neutrons, and a nucleus, in constant motion. Even smaller than atoms, the things that make up the atom, is what is called a sub-atomic particle. (They may also be called quarks but I am not very familiar with that term)

Now like the atom, the sub-atomic particles making up the atom are in constant motion. What they are doing is vibrating, back and forth...like a metronome in warp speed. The actual rate of vibration of the sub-atomic particle can be measured, and it is rated as to how many times it vibrates back and forth in one second.

Everything is composed of sub-atomic particles. The wind, your body, the Earth..
Now when we begin to classify something as residing in a certain density... there are two different ways of determining what density something is in:

1. The rate at which the sub-atomic particles vibrate in that something

2. The level of consciousness it resides at

Consciousness in itself, is indeed density related. As you shift into higher densities things litterally become "less dense" and a more fluid interaction with the environment is possible.

In the 3rd density which we live in, everything in our density could be examined at the sub-atomic level, and we would see that everything we can touch, see, taste, feel... would be vibrating within a certain range. In the 3rd density this is 9,000-12,000 times per second. This means anything within our perceivable range with the physical senses is vibrating, on the sub-atomic level, somewhere in this rate. This is the frequency it exists at.

Now lets say we are talking about the 4th density. In this density, everything vibrates between 12,000-15,000 times per second. Now when you compare this to the 3rd density, it is literally vibrating at a much faster rate than what we can perceive through our physical senses. (Our physical senses being so accustomed to 3rd density impulses) Something in the 4th density is literally less dense than something in the 3rd. A good analogy would be to use ice and water as an example. Ice being a solid block of frozen water, which you cannot pass something solid through it, or pass it through another block of ice, without breaking it. Now lets say you were to take something less dense, like water.... the water being more flexible and less dense... would shapeshift around the block of ice, pass right by it, without harming the ice.

How do alleged alien crafts fly right through mountains and trees without smashing into a million pieces? It is because they reside on the 4th density. A 3rd density tree, or mountain, is dense, and they are less dense than said mountain down to the sub-atomic level. They pass right through it the same way water passes right around a block of ice. The sub-atomic particles are more flexible the less dense they are, and when something less dense comes in their path of vibrating.. the particles simply move out of the way.

Another analogy to use would be like when you are walking through a forest. Think of yourself as a sub-atomic particle. When walking through the forest, you dont bump into every tree that gets in your path do you? Chances are, you walk around the trees. You are moving like water.

Now that's a basic overview of what a density is, but hopefully some people have some understanding when I am talking about a density or frequency... this is what I am referring to.

As for consciousness levels... consciousness is just like a sub-atomic particle. It also vibrates at a specific frequency, just like the particles. The less dense and higher the vibration of the consciousness... the more fluid and active it is. I will use the analogy of ice one more time... We have ice... in solid form... the sub-atomic particles are vibrating very slowly, and very close together, forming this seemingly solid mass. Then once some heat is applied... we have water. The sub-atomic particles of water are much more fluid, and just roll over each other, water has much fluidity. Apply some more heat... we have steam. Steam is highly active and the sub-atomic particles are vibrating extremely fast, so fast it may seem chaotic... but there is a method to the madness.

I am only illustrating these three states to paint a better picture for my point. That one simple thing, water... can take many different forms, and at each different form it is literally more dense or less dense, and that is what defines what form it is in.

The same applies for levels of consciousness. They can be more dense or less dense. And wherever you find a dense level of consciousness... chances are you will find that consciousness living with a dense world around it...until something comes and changes that density.. Say you are a block of ice and some water comes flowing around you, you're still safe as an individual block of ice.. but the laws of thermodynamics come into play immediately.. and slowly the heat from the water melts and makes you less dense. Eventually... you melt into the water around you and become a part of it. You are less dense.

Now one could even go and define what types of consciousness exist in each density... but for now I think a basic overview of what density means is sufficient.

Anonymous

#715394 - 07/01/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

Everyone knows what an atom is right? There are millions of them in every object, microscopic particles of energy with protons, neutrons, and a nucleus, in constant motion. Even smaller than atoms, the things that make up the atom, is what is called a sub-atomic particle. (They may also be called quarks but I am not very familiar with that term)

That is only one intrepretation of an atom. The Copenhagen model may be incorrect.

In reply to:

Once we have become aware of this state of affairs, the epistemological question: "Do the electrons really exist in these orbits within the atom?" is to be answered with a decisive No, unless we prefer to say that the putting of the question itself has absolutely no meaning. Indeed there does not seem to be much sense in inquiring about the real existence of something, if one is convinced that the effect through which the thing would manifest itself, in case it existed, is certainly not observed. Despite the immeasurable progress which we owe to Bohr's theory, I consider it very regrettable that the long and successful handling of its models has blunted our theoretical delicacy of feeling with reference to such questions. We must not hesitate to sharpen it again, lest we may be in too great haste to content ourselves with the new theories which are now supplanting Bohr's theory, and believe that we have reached the goal which indeed is still far away.

Erwin Schroedinger

Go Here!

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: United States
    #716140 - 07/01/02 03:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Shroomism is what we call, an intuituve feeling type , which has many merits that (someday) may prove to be revolutionary. As for swami and others who posted in reply, they are what we refer to as sensing thinking types (or ST for short) others are just bad writers. ST's main attributes are the ablity to sift through information and dismiss badly constructed theroy and conclusions. Early therories about the nature of science were constantly under attack by ST's and they helped test by "fire" many therories that were lacking and ultimately dissmissed, as they should have been because they were faulty, vague or contrived as part of other motives. Intutive thinkers (or IT's) are very sincere about what they come to believe but lack the initial logical, constuction of their ideas. Many times this is due to the fact that they prefer to believe what they want to believe rather than indulge in the methods required by the world, which is made up mostly of ST's.
The issue then isn't whether or not this experience is real to Shroomism but whether the world at large, even in this setting, can objectively consider it real, in terms of the existence of aliens.
My advice is for Shroomism to begin "thinking" in terms of your adversaries, (the dreaded ST's) and enhance your thread with detailed evidence which will hold up to fire, as swami enticed you to do. For instance, the pictures were good, but they could be more influencial if you included the titles, artists, dates, etc., stuff that the St's can research and concede to or argue fact on fact.
I know these things because I am an alien and I am trying to help you!

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

Edited by GRTUD (07/02/02 04:14 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: GRTUD]
    #1927842 - 09/18/03 03:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Heh... I forgot all about this thread and it seems my writings were wiped out in this one too. Sucks. But thanks for the advice GRTUD, I didn't see it before..I shall take it to heart.

--------------------

Invisibledoolhoofd
doolhoofd.com
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dorsia
Re: Alien/Human Relations v2.0 [Re: Anonymous]
    #28109452 - 12/23/22 02:19 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
With over 400 billion estimated stars in the Milky Way alone,

If you're looking for aliens: those Stars are all alive and conscious.

--------------------
Penny: 'What are you and Professor FussyFace up to tonight?'
Leonard: "Star Wars on Blu-ray."
Penny: 'Haven't you seen that movie like, a thousand times?'
Leonard: "Not on Blu-ray. Only twice on Blu-ray."
Penny: 'Oh, Leonard...'
Leonard: "I know. It's high-resolution sadness."
- The Big Bang Theory, S07E09

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order