Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
feel rather enlightened. like i know too much.
    #1355112 - 03/06/03 01:15 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

i feel in control of my life now. i understand it. i can play with my life any way i want to. i can play with anybody any way i want to. i have too much power now.

now i could just cruise along with everything all good. but there doesnt seem much reason to. i understand life. what do i do now? live it? but when most people live it, they dont understand it, and thats what makes it work. i feel i know enough right now, that'd if i died right now i'd be satasfied. it couldent be any better.

so what do i do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: NiGGy]
    #1355120 - 03/06/03 01:23 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Start over. Break down your ego and learn it all over again. Whenever you think you've learned everything, that's the moment when you should realize you really don't know much at all.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: bert]
    #1355160 - 03/06/03 01:50 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

but now i have to power to mold my ego how i want it. i could be anybody i want. i could be a person now who seems to be fake. who goes along with gossip and shit stirring. i could be the center of turmoil now.
but i could be doing this, unlike the others. i could do this, knowing its fake. as fake is whats keeping us here. people are fake, but they dont see themselves as it. it may not be bad, as its why we exist. and if we were truely real...that we are at death i think. ego, the false enter. its what makes this life work.

ahh im going nuts. i dont know what i can do. it seems many doors are open.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
    #1355212 - 03/06/03 02:18 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Until we all live in peace and happiness, we all got some work to do. There is a change in consciousness going on, and we cannot be picky as to who joins us. Help teach the truth.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1355224 - 03/06/03 02:26 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

If you knew so much, you would hardly be asking others what you should do, now would you?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1355230 - 03/06/03 02:30 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Yeah, you're going nuts...you're experiencing uncomfortable degrees of ego-inflation is what. If you don't have people to do things for, to help, I suggest you volunteer somewhere and get grounded. It's not all about you and what you think you can become. Narcissistic inflation is generally followed by a major 'crash,' just like the myth of Icarus. Be prepared.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1355241 - 03/06/03 02:37 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I know what you mean man, i feel as if i am understanding EVERYTHING, in the last month. Indeed a strange thought!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: bert]
    #1355243 - 03/06/03 02:38 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

"Start over. Break down your ego and learn it all over again. Whenever you think you've learned everything, that's the moment when you should realize you really don't know much at all."

Yes, your right. Everytime i think i know someting new comes along, and changes it all together.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1355259 - 03/06/03 02:45 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

yes something may be bad here. narcistic inflation. eep!

now i dont feel like what i posted at all. i feel rather normal again. maybe i need to stop smoking herb.

my mind is crazy, i dont know what to do or think. and i dont know what to do about it.

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
    #1355271 - 03/06/03 02:53 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

my mind is boggled. agghh i dont know what to think. narcistic. i am seeming to be that way. ..is it wrong? it doesn't feel wrong. and whos to say its wrong, maybe its just as well a part of life as anything else is.

oh man i dont know. STOP THE MADDDDNESSS!! LOL

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #1355425 - 03/06/03 04:29 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

My suggestion is just to chill out, be a bit more humble, smoke a little more herb, and take a nap.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
    #1355674 - 03/06/03 07:25 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I agree with bert...even though it is good to know yourself and what your goals are, do not get to cocky about yourself - that is when the shit will hit the fan.

Smoke a bowl.

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: Psilozero]
    #1355707 - 03/06/03 07:52 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

go with the flow. Its the easiest and fastest way to find the way

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: tak_old]
    #1355781 - 03/06/03 09:48 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Yes go with the flow.. you are the controller of your reality, but do not get ahead of yourself. Wisdom is a culmination of life experiences, which lets you perceive subtle aspects of reality that would otherwise go unnoticed. Let your mind become fluid, flexible. Now is the time to spend time with yourself, go within and clear your thoughts. See how long you can just 'be' without trying to prove anything to yourself or ponder the universe, there is plenty of time for that. Integrate your knowledge into one unit of cogitized memory.. that no effort is required to access it, it is instantaneous. Learn to control your mind like a concentrated laser beam, focusing it intently on whatever you want.

Remain humble, you still have more to learn. Seek the answers. If you feel you have mastered a certain aspect of reality, then help others with your knowledge in that area. Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day, focusing on a candle or your inner void. Clear your mind. This is very important.. Learn to ground yourself, and do it frequently. Do it first thing when you wake up, imagine a beam of light shooting from your first chakra, deep down into the center of the Earth. Imagine it changing different colors, blue, green, orange, red, yellow... see how all the different colors have a different effect on you. Pick a color that you think will help you for what you need right now and keep it that color. Ground yourself everytime you are feeling detached. I try and do it three times a day, it really helps. You can do it in a car at 70mph, in line at the grocery store, anywhere.. so there's no reason not to.

Helping other people is what it's all about. At least that's my take.. Once you have knowledge, use it..to manifest your reality and to help others who may not have that same knowledge. Be open and receptive, and use your knowledge with awareness of the eternal love of the universe. You cannot go wrong.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1356470 - 03/07/03 05:32 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I'm happy for you.

Welcome to NOW.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: Shroomism]
    #1356894 - 03/07/03 07:40 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

niggy niggy niggy. :smile:
watch out for the dark side.
did i tell you there was a dark side to enlightenment?
i guess you really cant understand till you taste it.
life is FULL of choices, and its up to you to make the best of the important ones.  its not so complicated that you need your mind to fragment to experience it all similtaneously so you dont miss a beat.  you will make mistakes. as something comes from nothing, perfection comes from error. you learn as you go. make some big mistakes, say some stupid things, put your foot in your mouth. the worst thing that can happen to you now is you may begin to fear the larger world you've found.  you may hide yourself away, or you may try to dominate it, one way or another fear will lead to frustration, anger, hatred, like what yoda said. "LUMINOUS beings are we. not this crude matter"
you live your life indoors. and now you found the exits, not an exit from life, but an escape from shelter/prison
a comfortable ignorance that probably would clothe you well through your whole journey, but you have succeeded in doing what so many just like you could not do.
and its giving you a big head :smile:
its your subconcious minds NATURAL defence against understanding yourself..... it conspires against your jugement it fights you, it tries to confuse you and presents you with puzzles.  eventually you start to suspect some force is out to get you. that someone or something is conspiring to undermind your knowlege.  the ego in essence grows, becomes paranoid, self-preserving in evry aspect, oftentimes afraid to let you (wholly) connect to others for the posibility of losing yourself in evrything.
having lost that fear...... there is nothing else to fear.
for that is the ONLY thing anyone fears. the fear of oblivian. which just doesn't happen.
however if you drive yourself crazy allong the way with fractured thoughts, delusions of granduer, or fear of derpersonalization. (or just drive yourself crazy out of fear of going crazy)
then your entire existance will be spoiled.
heaven and hell are the same place niggs. your mind, you life, the summary of all your memories, perceptions, and deeds manifested similateously in a timeless space (remember "mellow space"?)  you and all your thoughts made one with evryone, evrything and evryone elses thoughts, evrythng will be brought to light. made known.
omniscience.  what is not known will not exist. i KNOW you can already understand THIS premise.  remember however, that it is not nessissarily a beleif you are equipped to practice just yet. unless youre WILLING to abbandon your entire future.  a short life makes for an awfully meek contribution to eternity.
a good, eventful life, lived fully and experienced honestly, felt and shared. is the BEST and ONLY thing you really have the power to create here.
if you have to work and study hard and do well in school to get into university, and be an archetect or a mycologist (i reccomend it) to have money to raise a family and have a good life and have the spare time to give back, invent, teach, mentor, then you make an impact, you grow beyond anything you could ever hope to acheive by just being one man, you become so many, and so many become you in life.
why do you think i try to teach you?
a little bit of me, the best part i can offer, might do you some good and maybe you can do some good for someone else :smile:
dont beleive me? immagine you never met me.....
where would you be today?
and i apoligize for the terror you feel. but i promise you if you stand up to it and be strong, it cannot harm you. it is only fear, and the only thing to fear.
you are already at the point where you can shape your own reality. why not set a goal for a successful life and get motivated in school?  regret is a terrible thing and i regret not knowing what i do now when i was where you are.
i would have done SO well in school, its ALL about your attitude. and if you miss it, your regret will be 3 times worse because you KNOW it.  and i had no idea, i diddnt care and i blamed all the wrong things. i TOTALLY missed it.
now i have less to work with.  that doesnt mean I'm accepting anything less than the best i can get :smile:
you dont have to miss it. go get it. thats all

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1357192 - 03/08/03 01:18 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

I know exactly how you feel.  I go through phases like that..

As Markos said, there is always a crash.  that level of awareness is just another trip that you're gonna come down from.

my conclusion is it's not like a collection of data or "how much you know", but it's a state of mind.  And you can't really hold onto a state of mind, it's always gonna be fluctuating with your environment.  There is always new data coming in.

I feel like I am sort of playing with that state of mind right now... trying to balance it out.  Trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I keep giving myself a boost of motivation when I start to feel down again, so I'm just sort of hovering in mild euphoria :smile:

try to ignore the conclusive thoughts.. just let that awareness flow through you, dont latch onto it.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: Grav]
    #1357902 - 03/08/03 08:12 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

"my conclusion is it's not like a collection of data or "how much you know", but it's a state of mind."

I agree and disagree :wink:

I think its more about connections than actually "how much you know." Certainly your state of mind has a lot to do with everything, but I think making connections among the bits of information you already have is very important for understanding yourself and the type of future you may enjoy.

Think of everything as a puzzle with 1000 pieces (yeah i know thats not much..... whatever..). Somebody could have 500 pieces of that puzzle but still have them strewn all over the table, while you could have 250 pieces of the puzzle but have them all locked together, revealing more of the picture than mr-500-pieces can see.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
    #1359517 - 03/09/03 03:00 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Let flow the healing energies of the cosmos.

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: feel rather enlightened. like i know too much. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1359522 - 03/09/03 03:06 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Okay, but it doesnt matter how many pieces you have when you're not even in the mood to play with them. That's what I mean, when you're sittin there fucking with the pieces you feel really on top of your shit, and not thinking about anything else. Then you decide to go watch TV or something and the puzzle state of mind evaporates.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order