Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePANTERA54
Stranger
Loc: US
Dealing with fear and unknown feelings
    #644516 - 05/25/02 10:15 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I used to do DXM alot and it REALLY freeked me out. Whenever I do mushrooms now I have to try very hard to not relapse into intense fear no matter where I am or what im doing. Also for a couple days after a trip I will feel intense anxiety to the point where I can barely do daily tasks. How do i get over this?

--------------------
Shit happens.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Dealing with fear and unknown feelings [Re: PANTERA54]
    #644524 - 05/25/02 10:24 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This man goes to a phycologist and he sez, "Hey, doc. Two nights ago i dreamed i was a wigwam, and last night i dreamed i was a tee-pee" The shrink thinks for a moment and then replies, "Relax, your too tents"

Just deal with it, and if you can't stop doing drugs.

Anonymous

Re: Dealing with fear and unknown feelings [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #644574 - 05/25/02 11:16 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

LOL

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #644629 - 05/25/02 11:59 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

In the immortal words of some guy.. "If you don't like tripping, don't trip".

--------------------

Anonymous

#644688 - 05/25/02 12:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Revelation brings up a very good point. There's no point in tripping if you can't get something positive out of it. Sometimes it's best to step away from all drugs for a while and work on getting yourself 'centered' (for lack of a better term).

Pain (physical or mental), anxiety and other negative sensations are signs that there is something wrong. These signs should be heeded. Try to determine why you're experiencing this. It may be that shrooms just don't work well with your particular body chemistry, or that they are helping to bring to the surface certain psychological issues that you should start dealing with.

Peace.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
    #645526 - 05/26/02 06:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I had exactly this about 2 weeks ago.. after having a panic attack on some weed I had horrible paranoia the next 3 or so days..
I found a way to get past the fear.. you have to realise that you have nothing to fear but fear itself. I guess I use a sort of spiritual creation of myself to placate my mind and concentrate my energy. Read the Psychedelic Experience on erowid's online books - it was quite helpful in regards to this. Or read the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

Anonymous

#645958 - 05/26/02 11:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I would suggest you no longer trip. Not because you may shit your pants and jump out a window. You just may land on me, while doing it.
I dont know wht DMX is, (sounds like a kids bike) but it may have fucked up your hormonal balance. See an endocronologist, maybe they can help you.
Shrooms, like anything, should not be abused, and you dont sound likeyour having fun anymore.
I hope this doesn't come off as too hard, but too many people engage in dangerous stuff.
Play safe.
And look before you leap
OoD

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Dealing with fear and unknown feelings [Re: Anonymous]
    #646360 - 05/26/02 04:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

LOL! DMX is a rap artist, while DXM is dextromethorphan, a sort of synthetic codeine-like drug that has replaced codeine in preparations like Terpinhydrate and Codeine (which, one used to be able to buy from a pharmacist after signing a log book, since codeine is an opiate). Drinking cough syrup is a kid-thing, in which 10 times the recommended dosage is taken. Sometimes hallucinations occur, but the experience of intoxication is truly a toxic reaction. There is nothing transcendental about opiates, and it's dangerous. I agree with your advice, and the similar advice of others here.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #646391 - 05/26/02 04:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Do you have an experienced psychedelic guide? How old are you? What physical, mental (set) and spiritual preparation have you established for the taking of mushrooms? Why are you taking toxic amounts of a synthetic opiate to begin with? There is no educational value in dextromethorphan. It sounds like high school polydrug abuse, not any sort of goal-oriented agenda. Anxiety, as some have pointed out, is a symptom of psychological dis-ease. Do not ignore symptoms.

'An harm ye none' is a Wiccan creed, and it applies to oneself as well. Do yourself a favor and ask yourself why you take substances - especially since you have named two substances that stand at opposite ends of a continuum: one leading to unconsciousness and inertness; the other to expanded consciousness and liveliness. If you continue to use mood modifiers/amplifiers, your anxiety may develop into a full blown panic attack, or become a toxic psychosis with attending paranoia. Very, very unpleasant to say the least. Take care of yourself and search for the source of your anxiety with a straight head.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
    #646803 - 05/26/02 09:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I know how hard it is to stop doing drugs when they're doin you no good, youve probably got one of those sensation seeking personalities like myself...
try and hold back on it for a while though to get some mental perspective, if you take mind altering substances when feeling mentally weak, this is obviously going to make you more at risk to developing anxiety probs... Youve gotta think logically about it and if you have to take drugs, only take em when your feeling good about yourself, and having a good time ... then you can look at your anxiety and see how stupid it is with the benefit of inner knowledge ;]
if that doesnt work, then try and stop listening to pantera, thats right cold turkey... it'll be the best thing you've ever done

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology