Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Cowards
    #11276745 - 10/19/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I really think it's a basic human trait. We are afraid of so much and afraid of showing how afraid we are.

As an example I'm thinking of the military guy. So afraid of not going along with the crowd that he would rather follow orders blindly and possibly kill innocent people rather than even consider the possiblity that he has been programmed by people or a culture that never had his best interests at heart. He would rather kill or risk being killed than go up against family, community, religion, country etc and say I'm not going or I'm not sure this is good.

If you take a look at your daily interactions you could find plenty of ways you do it too.

Mostly, IMO, the vast majority are too cowardly to look too close at how they live and what they believe.

I do it too. Just less than you.:lol:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Cowards [Re: Icelander]
    #11276795 - 10/19/09 11:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, pretty much.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Cowards [Re: Lakefingers]
    #11276811 - 10/19/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, maybe not less than you.:wink:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Cowards *DELETED* [Re: Icelander]
    #11276885 - 10/19/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: "

InvisibleChronic7
    #11276976 - 10/19/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Mostly, IMO, the vast majority are too cowardly to look too close at how they live and what they believe.

Courage to look at these things & Freedom from these things are synonymous i feel

I also feel there is no greater courage than to look at how your own mind is hypnotized by external influences

Hardly anyone wants to look these things... infact i'd say noone wants to look at these things, some people just can't help it

:peace:

--------------------

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Cowards [Re: Chronic7]
    #11277111 - 10/19/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, you got fiery there, Chronic777!

InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

#11277156 - 10/19/09 12:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It doesn't really surprises me, we could be pretty depressed if we always thought about the world we live in, unless you only think about the positive or accept the negative (which is in my opinion impossible).

I do agree with the OP, our fear is omnipresent.

But how did we get the idea that it's a bad thing? Through religion? Cowards is what we are after all, it's like seeing a white paper sheet and thinking, "oh my it's so white, such a shame!"

I wonder who got the idea that we are better than what we are, that we have a superior soul or whatever is told about us being so perfect in another world, in another life.

InvisibleChronic7
    #11277197 - 10/19/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
Wow, you got fiery there, Chronic777!

Thats just a spark flying off :wink:

Wait until you see the flame  :hotidea:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #11277450 - 10/19/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I really think it's a basic human trait. We are afraid of so much and afraid of showing how afraid we are.

I really don't wanna fucking die, I feel like there's still too much I could enjoy in this lifetime. :sad:

Quote:

Icelander said:
As an example I'm thinking of the military guy. So afraid of not going along with the crowd that he would rather follow orders blindly and possibly kill innocent people rather than even consider the possiblity that he has been programmed by people or a culture that never had his best interests at heart. He would rather kill or risk being killed than go up against family, community, religion, country etc and say I'm not going or I'm not sure this is good.

I'm risking being killed by going against family, community, religion, country, etc. in a sense...:shrug:

Quote:

Icelander said:
If you take a look at your daily interactions you could find plenty of ways you do it too.

I know I do it, I just live day to day looking for ways to cope. :cool2:

Quote:

Icelander said:

I sort of agree with this statement. :thumbup:

Quote:

Icelander said:

Well, duh, you've had like 50+ years of trial and error that if you didn't do it less than me, I'd totally ":snub:" in your (or away from) direction. :tongue:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineThe24HourMC
Master Of Ceremonies
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gone
Re: Cowards [Re: Poid]
    #11277546 - 10/19/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dont be a pussy. What do i have to be scared of? Besides death , but , thats innevitable so y be scared of something that u know is gonna happen? other than that...i dont think anything really scares me. No wait i take that back. im scared of what will happen to my family if i go to prison or die.

--------------------

My Baby In MCLA

Fuckin Shit

Fuck that stay high

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Cowards [Re: The24HourMC]
    #11277645 - 10/19/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:rolleyes:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #11277699 - 10/19/09 02:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Courage to look at these things & Freedom from these things are synonymous i feel

Not synonyms. You need courage to look at these things. Only then you are able to make yourself free from them. The one is a prerequisite of the other. Maybe the courage stays not the same, as I feel, if u looked at the things, the consequences have to follow almost automatically. Depending which side you will take :grin:
edit:ah, maybe you don't even need courage to look, just couriosity. The question then is what lets courisoity be taken away from people. I think the answer is too obvious to state here now for me...

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Edited by BlueCoyote (10/19/09 02:24 PM)

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Cowards [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #11277798 - 10/19/09 02:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

When every single one of your deep seated fears bubbles up to the surface at the same time, see where curiosity gets you....then see where the burning fire of courage gets you...

Curiosity is good, but at certain times you need to be ferocious in your looking if the absolute Truth is what you seek, your eyes need to burn everything you look at into ashes so you can see the Truth that lies beneath, the Truth that remains when we do burn into ashes

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #11278142 - 10/19/09 03:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hehe, I not  so really agree to burn into ashes and always respect anyone/-thing just as much to not somehow burn it into ashes :grin:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Cowards [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #11278329 - 10/19/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
Hehe, I not  so really agree to burn into ashes and always respect anyone/-thing just as much to not somehow burn it into ashes :grin:

WellBlue dont burn it yearn it sooner or later u gonna earn it or learn it or hey i can't rhyme no more other than urn it fill it drill it kill it will it shill it kill bill it wind it find it u still here?

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: Cowards [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #11280376 - 10/19/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I am afraid of going up against this oppressive system and finding a way to ease the mayhem that will come with the beginning of world war 3 and the global economic collapse

I am afraid but something inside me is shouting at me to do something, anything. I know the documentaries I've seen and the books I've read have all been for a reason.

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #11280567 - 10/19/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Dude, I got out of the Navy on a Conscientious Objector discharge. I could write a book on the events; the three trumped-up Captain's Masts (sea time Courts Martial equivalent), the harassment, the death threats and so on.

Facing down the captain of the ship and putting him on report for violation of naval law was one of the bravest things I ever did. That - and posting in M&P... :tongue:

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (10/20/09 01:21 AM)

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #11280651 - 10/19/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I feel lucky that I have been taught how not to live in fear, but I won't look down on those who never had the chance, or were severed from it by other forms of teaching.  For all I know the highs and lows even out for everyone by the time we die, and my way is no better.

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Cowards *DELETED* [Re: Poid]
    #11281875 - 10/20/09 01:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Reason for deletion: No reason.

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Cowards *DELETED* [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #11281967 - 10/20/09 01:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Reason for deletion: "

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom