Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: neuro]
    #10256051 - 04/29/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

No to all the above.

By cutting out meat and living off of greens and green smoothies I would starve to death seeing as that's my main source of calories. Meat is like my main sustenance and I don't feel good when I don't have it. I tried substituting meat with hemp seeds once for three days and I felt like absolute shit.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #10256547 - 04/29/09 03:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

it's totally against my common sense that you can digest meat but all those other, more easily digestable foods, you can't digest.  you should get the book Apple Cider Vinegar by the Bragg fanatics.  the stuff really works.  the fact that you are getting sick when you eat good food is probably just the toxins getting out of your body from eating so much meat for so long.  just my 2cents.  unless of course you have an ulcer or something, or are allergic.  but the apple cider vinegar will help all of that.  just make sure to get the Raw kind by Bragg.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: sleepy]
    #10256675 - 04/29/09 03:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've tried apple cider vinegar and it's okay. Though I haven't had any for the past two weeks.

And I'm as vexed as you. I can swallow a sinewy chunk of meat as big as a golf ball but if I eat the same amount of rice I get gassy. Though I don't believe in detoxing nor do I believe rice or even quinoa is making me feel sick because it's trying to detox me. It just makes me feel like shit plain and simple. Almost all of my immediate family suffers from IBS so I guess that's why.

--------------------

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #10257348 - 04/29/09 05:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
No to all the above.

By cutting out meat and living off of greens and green smoothies I would starve to death seeing as that's my main source of calories. Meat is like my main sustenance and I don't feel good when I don't have it. I tried substituting meat with hemp seeds once for three days and I felt like absolute shit.

Thats your body getting over the meat addicition, ride it out for acouple days believe me you wont starve to death lol. Your stomach is never gonna get healthy untill you kick that meat, keep telling yourself thats not the problem

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #10257947 - 04/29/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I don't see why you think meat is unhealthy anyway. Do you care to provide any non-easily debunkable or faulty studies giving reason?

Meat doesn't just rot in your stomach. I know so, because I do pretty well if I stay away from the starches. When I eat those, only then do I get constipated.

--------------------

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

#10261473 - 04/30/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
I don't see why you think meat is unhealthy anyway. Do you care to provide any non-easily debunkable or faulty studies giving reason?

Meat doesn't just rot in your stomach. I know so, because I do pretty well if I stay away from the starches. When I eat those, only then do I get constipated.

You want my studies? its called history buddie, people were the most healthy when they were eating very little or no meat. You don't know anything, just because you can eat meat and do pretty well doesn't mean everythings all good. You clearly have some problems with your body, why not try it? Give it a month and you'll be feeling better then ever

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Considering going on a no "solid" diet for a month to treat my stomach problems. Thoughts? [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #10261500 - 04/30/09 09:52 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Carcinogenic Compounds in Cooked Meat

Heterocyclic Amines
HCAs, a family of mutagenic compounds, are produced during the cooking process of many animal products, including chicken, beef, pork, and fish. Even meat that is cooked under normal grilling, frying, or oven-broiling may contain significant quantities of these mutagens.6,7,8 The longer and hotter the meat is cooked, the more these compounds form. In some studies, grilled chicken has formed higher concentrations of these cancer-causing substances than other types of cooked meat.9

The major classes of heterocyclic amines include amino-imidazo-quinolines, or amino-imidazo-quinoxalines (collectively called IQ-type compounds), and amino-imidazo-pyridines such as PhIP. IQ-type compounds and PhIP are formed from creatine or creatinine, specific amino acids, and sugars.10 All meats (including fish) are high in creatine, and HCA formation is greatest when cooking meat at high temperatures, as is most common with grilling or frying. Consumption of well-done meat and PhIP has been associated with increased risk of breast cancer and colon cancer, as discussed in greater detail below. A recent case-control study at the University of Utah that included 952 subjects with rectal cancer and 1205 controls found that men and women with the highest consumption of processed or well-cooked meat had an increased risk of rectal cancer.11

Heres a study for you, this is just one of many

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10261526 - 04/30/09 09:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I see what you're saying but I seem to be doing fine if I stay away from those starches. At least mostly. My last post was basically bitching about the fact that my intestines were going to be messed up for the next week simply from trying some kuih muih.

But in history it appears in my view that humans were healthiest when they ate gobs of meat. Look at the pastoral Africans. Or some of the Nords. Even some American Indians.

When grains or starch became the main focus health supposedly declined. Look at the agricultural Africans, Pacific Islanders, Europeans, and even many Asians. I would say while many Asians might have so-so internal health they can often be pretty scrawny and weak. I know many Japanese who eat authentic Japanese food and they don't seem to be in such golden health as media hypes them out to be. Yeah they do better than Standard Americans but who doesn't?

To be honest I wouldn't mind testing out going veg for two weeks but I'd like to really know what I'm doing before diving into that. And I would not like to switch my main source of sustenance to grains because that would be so ass backwards. Meat makes me feel fine, grains make me sick, so why switch from meat to grains?

--------------------

Edited by PyroBurns (04/30/09 09:59 AM)

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10261534 - 04/30/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Andre Nickatina said:
Carcinogenic Compounds in Cooked Meat

Heterocyclic Amines
HCAs, a family of mutagenic compounds, are produced during the cooking process of many animal products, including chicken, beef, pork, and fish. Even meat that is cooked under normal grilling, frying, or oven-broiling may contain significant quantities of these mutagens.6,7,8 The longer and hotter the meat is cooked, the more these compounds form. In some studies, grilled chicken has formed higher concentrations of these cancer-causing substances than other types of cooked meat.9

The major classes of heterocyclic amines include amino-imidazo-quinolines, or amino-imidazo-quinoxalines (collectively called IQ-type compounds), and amino-imidazo-pyridines such as PhIP. IQ-type compounds and PhIP are formed from creatine or creatinine, specific amino acids, and sugars.10 All meats (including fish) are high in creatine, and HCA formation is greatest when cooking meat at high temperatures, as is most common with grilling or frying. Consumption of well-done meat and PhIP has been associated with increased risk of breast cancer and colon cancer, as discussed in greater detail below. A recent case-control study at the University of Utah that included 952 subjects with rectal cancer and 1205 controls found that men and women with the highest consumption of processed or well-cooked meat had an increased risk of rectal cancer.11

Heres a study for you, this is just one of many

I barely cook any of my meat except for chicken.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale