Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Telepathy on shrooms??
    #989716 - 10/24/02 03:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I just read that post by Indigo in the perfect world forum where he mentions telepathy, and I have something I want to ask you guys... (and gals)

Have you ever found somewhat telepathic experiences while on shrooms? I'm not talking strait up communication, but where you and a friend who was also tripping were doing things you didn't have the urge to do, but the other did (as an example), or even audible voices? Maybe I'm just scizophrenic or something, but I swear I've experienced this.

I welcome any contribution to this thread, but I ask that you keep in mind that just because you yourself haven't experienced this, don't outright deny the existance based on what you've read by non-believers.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: nubious]
    #989782 - 10/24/02 04:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Not telepathy as such..but i've become aware of the relationship that appears to exist between my own mind and the external world, and the minds of others. Not too sure how to describe it at this time.

--------------------

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: Revelation]
    #989857 - 10/24/02 04:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i have 2 friends who practice telepathy and believe they have a sort of mind control. infact one of them swears he can sense other people and when we're at concerts or walls eh'll say "i sense him" and he'll avoid being around them the entire time. i think its all bullshit, most of it anyways.

i think people over estimate how well we can read other people. facial expressions, tones of voice, gestures, eye contact, etc etc . i did a test where i sat with both of them and with all my will power i thought about raping thier mothers and cutting slivers of their face off with a knife .... they never even hit on it. as for the mind control ... its very easy to convince people of alot of things when said with confidence and reading thier body language. reading a person and saying the right things can get alot accomplished.

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
    #989858 - 10/24/02 04:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i have 2 friends who practice telepathy and believe they have a sort of mind control. infact one of them swears he can sense other people and when we're at concerts or walls eh'll say "i sense him" and he'll avoid being around them the entire time. i think its all bullshit, most of it anyways.

i think people over estimate how well we can read other people. facial expressions, tones of voice, gestures, eye contact, etc etc . i did a test where i sat with both of them and with all my will power i thought about raping thier mothers and cutting slivers of their face off with a knife .... they never even hit on it. as for the mind control ... its very easy to convince people of alot of things when said with confidence and reading thier body language. reading a person and saying the right things can get alot accomplished.

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineMushIsMyTool
Stranger
    #989943 - 10/24/02 04:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I always notice a sort of connection to other people when I am tripping. It is hard to explain but I feel it with those who are tripping with me but if a non-tripper is there I don't feel it with them nearly as much. That is why when I first started trippin and making intelligble sentences was nearly impossible, I would understand others and they would understand me but if the conversation was heard by an outsider it would sound like a bunch of nonsense rambelings.

--------------------
- You're not your fuckin khakies!

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #990051 - 10/24/02 05:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i have had a very very powerful telepathic experience with a friend of mine on mushrooms... i was literally inside of his head... this connection still lasts to the present day... 3 weeks after that trip i was on vacation and i was dreaming when all of the sudden my dream went black, and i heard the voice of my friend saying "ingo... i need your help... get in touch with me, please... its urgent" his voice sounded really really frightened and i woke up knowing that there was something wrong... when i returned from my vacation i found out that he was in a psychiatric hospital, but not just any psychiatric hospital... he was in the same hopsital, the same station, the same room and even the same bed my brother was in for 2 months... that completely freaked me out... and it got even better when he told me what happened... his grandfather died and he decided to do acid and 3 days later some copelandia cyanescens... and he lost it... we made a little math and his bad trip was exactly the same day, the same time i had the dream... and i was 10.000 kilometers away...

btw who is this indigo, cuz that is actually my nickname... and i have never heard of the perfect world forum...

--------------------

OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: In(di)go]
    #991599 - 10/25/02 01:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A friend and I once could completely understand eachother without words. We would complete eachothers sentances even though we wernt actually speaking. Another time I thought a friend was reading my mind (but he actually wasnt) and we looked at each other and we both started to throw up, who knows

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

#991961 - 10/25/02 07:21 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Not telepathy as such..but i've become aware of the relationship that appears to exist between my own mind and the external world, and the minds of others. Not too sure how to describe it at this time

I know exactly what you mean.  I had this same feeling last time I did mush.  I'll provide an example a little farther down in the post.

Well I understand where you're friend's comin' from..  I have friends who are big on energies and stuff..  I never believed it at first, but one day this guy actually showed me how to see energy, and I was hella skeptical, but after actually SEEING it I was like HOLY FUCK#%&#%*&%^$!?

i have had a very very powerful telepathic experience with a friend of mine on mushrooms... *snip* ....when i returned from my vacation i found out that he was in a psychiatric hospital....

All my life I've been able to read people fairly well  (so I've thought), and when it comes to conversation I'm usually fairly well at holding my own.  I too, have been in a psychiatric institute.  The diagnosis?  They weren't sure.  Drug induced psychosis is what they said was the cause...  (Be careful with Ketamine) ...  The night of my little 'episode' (or doomsday, as a couple of my friends like to call it), I was experiencing a sort of connection with the rest of the world so to speak, as Revelation states above, and for someone who hasn't experienced it, it's something that cannot be fully explained.  As Kemist states: i have 2 friends who practice telepathy and believe they have a sort of mind control. -- I've experienced this DIRECTLY between me and a friend, and wholy fuck was that a trip and a half.  We were sitting on his computer, and I was kind of drawing a blank as to what I was looking for.  This game he plays popped open, and I was like wtf, why did that open?!  He just simply responded "You clicked on it man!"  and I was like "Uhmm, no I didn't.." Not believing that I clicked on it, because that whole night I had not had ANY thoughts about that game, whatsoever.  The time of the game opening was kind of weird, because I kind of zoned out and just stared blankly, then all the sudden it opened.  He asked me if I was suggesting that he made me do it, and I didn't know what to say other than "Well I guess that's one possibility :smile:"  He said all that he did was "Think about wanting to play Continuum"(That's the name of the game) at the time... and boom.. I opened it.  So I toyed with this idea a little while - didn't know what to think, but I figured I might as well test the theory.  I looked over at the bong sittin' on the table while he was playin' his game, (There's more to the game below as an example for Revelation), and I kept thinking "I wanna smoke a bowl..  man it'd be nice to smoke a bowl..." etc..  after about 5 or 10 minutes he got up and grabbed the bong, brought it to the kitchen, filled it with water, and then brought it back and packed a bowl..  (He was kind of going around in circles at the time of packing it, lookin' for the chronic) - and when I asked him "What are you doing" he looked at me funny and said "I dunno really.. I don't even wanna smoke a bowl..." ..  Take it how you want, but it was definately weird.

As for Continuum - with the whole relationship that appears to exists with ones mind and the external world - while playing Continuum we were listening to streaming music over the net and it seemed to fit perfect to compliment the conversation we were having at the time.  We didn't change the radio station or anything, it was just playing throughout the whole night.  On top of that, people in the game were flying around me with weird names like "Telekenisis" and such..  it just tripped me right the fuck out.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #992736 - 10/25/02 03:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I never had 2-way communication with anyone, but I have experience an extreme form of empathy with others not on anything around me.

Sometimes people say things in order for them to get something out of someone or something that was not directly communicated. On mushrooms, I knew what people were really saying.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlineganesh
stranger still
Loc: cloud seven
    #995716 - 10/27/02 12:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Not quite shrooms... but a guy I know was tripping off acid about 10 years back with a friend and apparently one of them started talking in german and the other in french or something like that (neither of them knew any languages other than english) and they could understand each other perfectly - they had a full-on conversation.... this was all observed by someone who was completely sober....

then again... who knows what you can believe these days... but there are many stories of amazing experiences whilst on psycho-active drugs....

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#995913 - 10/27/02 01:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

some people talk about it
other people think about it

:grin:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #996463 - 10/27/02 11:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've experienced this. You didn't hear that from me though.

You're fucked if the non-believers read this shit.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Edited by Learyfan (08/20/11 12:56 AM)

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: Learyfan]
    #996824 - 10/27/02 02:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

edited as per not to incriminate myself.

--------------------

Edited by nubious (10/27/02 02:32 PM)

OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

#1001927 - 10/29/02 01:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

relationship that appears to exist between my own mind and the external world, and the minds of others.

I know this feeling as well - Don Juan describes them as tiny white glowing fibers that connect everything in the world. Theorys like this are present in many religions also. This is a basis for the belief in a collective knowlege for the human race. It would explain a lot. Like how the human race advanced so much, a collective knowledge letting those who were more attuned to it able to learn from it.

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #1005962 - 10/30/02 12:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

not telepathy, but when i trip really hard the things i think of manifest themselves to a point where it gets freaky, for example, i was watching the weather channel and was thinking thinking of something disturbing, then all of a sudden the weather channels conection starts to go bad, then i think, man thats fucked up, then the weather man will have difficulties speaking, then i thought i control this, its all good, then the channel got better and the weather guy was like, "whoa, we were messed up, but now were better." thats just one example, but it happens with people around me too, prolly just me buggin

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: CleverName]
    #1005997 - 10/30/02 01:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

another example,
i was at JMU visiting a friend, he ate a little less than an eighth, i ate about 2 eighths, we went to a party. the night progressed, i was tripping balls. then there was a catfight outside and alot of peeps wanted to watch it. i went out there to see what was up, i started thinking, "i dont wanna be here" and i felt very uncomfortablr and vunerable for some reason, so i told my friend, lets go back in, but he mumbled something and walked off, so there i was on the sidewalk. i decided its time for me to take action, so i took one step back in the yard, and the other people, the crowd did too, i went forward and peole went back into the street again. everytime i would move closr indoors i heard people saying things like, "this is beat" or "nothing happening here, lets go" but when i would get closer to the street i heard the smae people saying, "this is awesome" and "hold on a sec, i want to see what happens" this might not sound too freaky, but it went on for a while, and i knew it was happening, it always does.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: CleverName]
    #1009388 - 10/31/02 07:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

OH MY GOD! That happens to you too? I thought I was just trippin' hardcore.. but here's what happened to me...

I was laying in bed listening to the radio. I wasn't very tired, but I was on the verge of having a bad trip so went to lay down and chill out. It was one of those little clock radio's that I was listening to, and I thought I heard the volume go down, so I listened carefully and sure enough, it wasn't at full volume. So I went to turn it up, played with the volume control a little bit, and after cranking it up to max volume, it still wasn't very loud. I thought that's weird, so I went to grab my friend I was trippin' with and ask him if his clock radio usually does that. When I walked out of the room it got really loud again so I ran back to it to turn it down. It was REALLY weird because it was like it wouldn't happen unless I thought about it happening (manifestation of conciousness.. like you mentioned) - so I grabbed the guy I was trippin' with and showed him, and he's like "Weird. I don't know man, and it started doing it again. I felt this weird sort of 'buzz' (for lack of a better term) in my legs whenever it would go low. I don't know if this was related to it but it was just really, REALLY weird. So I started going to the beat of the music a little and it started (the volume) going up and down with the beat as well.

That's the same night I experienced telepathy.

any thoughts are welcome.

--------------------

Offlineferret
strange

Loc: VIC, Australia
    #1059868 - 11/17/02 12:18 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

i just had an experience i wouldnt mind sharing but first a bit of background..

a friend of mine recently had a fucking insane dose of the local ps. subaeruginosa. dosage is still not certain but definately over 60 shrooms were consumed.
the trip lasted at least 15 hours, followed by a day of hibernating, then she called me with amnesia.
i went over and was trying to help restore her memory.. makng smalltalk when i say "guess who i saw this morning.. i forget his name but..." she immediately says the guys name... but neither of us had seen the guy for at least 3 years, he lives in a town 500 kilometres away and i had never spoken to him or of him before. she then told me she see's my mother in her dreams and she tells her that my girlfriend is pregnant.... which is what a psychic told my gf one week earlier.

shit :crazy: 

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: nubious] * 1
    #1060409 - 11/17/02 06:52 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

We have telepathic communications all the time. We just become consciously aware of them at higher levels of awareness.

That being said, yes I have telepathic experiences with others just about every time I take mushrooms. Also when sober...

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1060828 - 11/17/02 10:03 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

i was on shrooms and at one of my friends friends house and we were guessing her last name and i said gold....goldwater. her last name was gould

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology