Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Your Own Religion Blueprint
    #9848721 -

If you were to right a book explaining the beliefs of your own personal religion, what all would you include as chapters?

A chapter on gods worshiped/lack of gods?
A chapter on how you pray?
A chapter on basic morals?
A chapter on creation?
A chapter on the afterlife?

What would you include?


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #9848731 -

I would never write a book like this, because I'd have nothing to say.

Edit: thinking about it, I would write a book like this an d turn in into a best seller to get lots of money from people who are into this kind of stuff. :smile:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Edited by MushroomTrip (02/23/09 06:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #9848838 -

I used to not believe in any religions, and I consider athiesm to be a religion to. When I first started taking mushrooms it turned my beliefs towards buddhism. Well... let me rephrase. I formed my own beliefs, and later found that they very closely resembled buddhism, so from then on if people asked me which religion I followed I'd either, depending on the person, say 'my beliefs closely resemble buddhism,' or steer away from the topic.

Lately however, as in the past few months, after another trip no less, I now believe in all religions, including athiesm. It's very hard for me to cope with at times. As you can imagine there's alot of internal conflict that arises if you believe in many things which seem to conflict with one another externally. It does make sense to me, but it's just... difficult.

Now though, upon relizing this, I could, for the most part, care less about talking about religion. It seems all so arbitrary now.

I suppose I'd just wrote whatever came to mind at the time, and I'll call it a religion. By the time it hit the shelves though, I probably wouldn't believe it anymore. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #9848883 -

RipVanWinkle said:
If you were to right a book explaining the beliefs of your own personal religion, what all would you include as chapters?

A chapter on gods worshiped/lack of gods?
A chapter on how you pray?
A chapter on basic morals?
A chapter on creation?
A chapter on the afterlife?

What would you include?



First chapter: Who can be a member?

Anyone can be a member regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, prior religious experience, and belief of whether or not a higher power even exists.

Second chapter: What happens at service?

If anyone has a pressing issue they need to get off of their chest, the floor is opened unto them.  After they speak, other members of the church may one at a time tell of their personal experience, as it relates to the topic.  Advice is not allowed, as it only pisses people off!

Group Salvia session after each service open to whomever is moved to partake.  Two elders/deacons must rotate sober-sitter duty weekly.  Soul food dinner and fellowship afterward.

I hope everyone makes it to the Mushroom Meeting on the Mountain on the first and third Saturday of every month, with live music. 

Seasonal Ayahuasca service every equinox or soulstice.

And as always, roll em if you got em!


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #9848941 -

RipVanWinkle said:
If you were to right a book explaining the beliefs of your own personal religion, what all would you include as chapters?

A chapter on gods worshiped/lack of gods?
A chapter on how you pray?
A chapter on basic morals?
A chapter on creation?
A chapter on the afterlife?

What would you include?



Ways to eliminate ninety five percent of the human population.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: Icelander]
    #9849791 -

Icelander said:
RipVanWinkle said:
If you were to right a book explaining the beliefs of your own personal religion, what all would you include as chapters?

A chapter on gods worshiped/lack of gods?
A chapter on how you pray?
A chapter on basic morals?
A chapter on creation?
A chapter on the afterlife?

What would you include?



Ways to eliminate ninety five percent of the human population.



What are you letting 5% survive for? I guarantee they won't do anything that great.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: Grapefruit]
    #9850456 -

I was being generous. (on the off chance I might make it into that five percent :lol:)


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: krypto2000]
    #9852327 -

krypto2000 said:
I used to not believe in any religions, and I consider athiesm to be a religion to. When I first started taking mushrooms it turned my beliefs towards buddhism. Well... let me rephrase. I formed my own beliefs, and later found that they very closely resembled buddhism, so from then on if people asked me which religion I followed I'd either, depending on the person, say 'my beliefs closely resemble buddhism,' or steer away from the topic.



You pretty much just described my experience. I was an "athiestic agnostic" though.  I acknowledged that I didn't know for sure, but I was convinced at the time that there was no god.  Then psychedelics came into my life and really got me thinking, and I remember thinking about and agreeing with some of the "far fetched" ideas I had as a child about reincarnation, karma, etc. Keep in mind that I was brought up in a strictly southern baptist family and when I was a child I had never even heard of reincarnation, it just came natural for me to believe that it was logical.

Then I discovered buddhism.  Buddhism described almost all of my beliefs, along with some other things that I had never thought about before.  I never did call myself buddhist, but (depending on who I was talking to) I would acknowledge that I was very close to buddhism.

My beliefs kind of shift a little bit as time goes by though.  Now I'm studying Wicca and really liking it alot.  It probably describes my beliefs best right now.  Like a mix of 2 parts wicca 1 part buddhism and 1 part various others.

I don't go to religion for comfort in death though.  I don't believe in hell at all, so i'm really not worried about what happens when i die.  If there's nothing, then cool, i won't miss it.  If there is some sort of afterlife, then that is cool too.  And I live a pretty good life, I'm the guy thats always friendly to everyone I meet and goes out of my way to help people that need my help (within reason).

I've lost track of where I was going with this post... I need to lay off the adderall...  And I need to go to work. :crankey:

Lately however, as in the past few months, after another trip no less, I now believe in all religions, including athiesm. It's very hard for me to cope with at times. As you can imagine there's alot of internal conflict that arises if you believe in many things which seem to conflict with one another externally. It does make sense to me, but it's just... difficult.

Now though, upon relizing this, I could, for the most part, care less about talking about religion. It seems all so arbitrary now.

I suppose I'd just wrote whatever came to mind at the time, and I'll call it a religion. By the time it hit the shelves though, I probably wouldn't believe it anymore. :frown:




--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #9852515 -

Swyfty Swyf said:
RipVanWinkle said:
If you were to right a book explaining the beliefs of your own personal religion, what all would you include as chapters?

A chapter on gods worshiped/lack of gods?
A chapter on how you pray?
A chapter on basic morals?
A chapter on creation?
A chapter on the afterlife?

What would you include?



First chapter: Who can be a member?

Anyone can be a member regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, prior religious experience, and belief of whether or not a higher power even exists.

Second chapter: What happens at service?

If anyone has a pressing issue they need to get off of their chest, the floor is opened unto them.  After they speak, other members of the church may one at a time tell of their personal experience, as it relates to the topic.  Advice is not allowed, as it only pisses people off!

Group Salvia session after each service open to whomever is moved to partake.  Two elders/deacons must rotate sober-sitter duty weekly.  Soul food dinner and fellowship afterward.

I hope everyone makes it to the Mushroom Meeting on the Mountain on the first and third Saturday of every month, with live music. 

Seasonal Ayahuasca service every equinox or soulstice.

And as always, roll em if you got em!



Where can I join? I'd love to find an underground "religion" in my area conforming to guide lines such as these. I would love even more for it to be legal.


--------------------
"The mind is wandering by nature because it is progressive under the impulse of evolution induced by the cosmic intelligence responsible for the creation and evolution of everything"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: Erocdar]
    #9854503 -

It all should be legal brother!  The USA claims to have freedom of religion, but what would really happen if we tried to have a church like this?

Every Salvia experience I have leaves me with a sense of duty that I cannot ignore.  I have written every state senator and representative for whom I could find an email address, telling them not to criminalize Salvia.

I doubt it will do any good, from just my personal letters, but I feel the need to cause a fuss.  I am hoping to start a fire with a little spark!

Peace,
Swyfty Swyf


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #9854547 -

It would be two books,

the first would consist of building up the techniques of advanced mathematics starting from elementary counting principles.

the second would apply those techniques to the physical world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Own Religion Blueprint [Re: xdzt]
    #9854634 -

Heres my book

A chapter on gods worshiped/lack of gods?

Your heart is the holy grail and God is the untimate connection we share with all life and the entire universe. God is all life, your inner self, and a guide toward truth. In the macrocosms you are God, but in this realization comes the great responsibility you must take for all of your actions. All is one as equal.

A chapter on how you pray?

Experience the present and feel the now. Take entheogens.

A chapter on basic morals?

Evil is seperation, though seperation is an illusion. Nothing is seperate.

You have free will to do as you please, but there is one eternal law no one can escape. You are always part of the whole and no amount of free will can one ever escape that.

A chapter on creation?

I do not remember how I got here.

A chapter on the afterlife?

Do not worry about how you will die, worry about how you will live. If you live to survive you will only accomplish your own death.


--------------------

Edited by Hubbub (02/24/09 07:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Murder, killing, death penalty, religion, ect. Vulture 1,453 10 06/04/03 01:22 AM
by thestringphish
* Law of Conservation of Energy and The Afterlife
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
OrgoneConclusion 10,713 127 10/19/07 11:48 AM
by fireworks_god
* --- Religion Test ---
( 1 2 all )
Shroomerious 3,237 31 08/31/06 08:49 AM
by fireworks_god
* Eastern Religions XI: Warring State Thinkers: Zhuangzi Kremlin 1,037 4 11/13/03 10:54 PM
by Kremlin
* My thoughts about the afterlife subconsciousness 1,387 17 09/21/07 06:59 PM
by subconsciousness
* Recent reflections upon the evils of major religions. Amber_Glow 1,018 11 11/17/04 03:57 PM
by Amber_Glow
* You silly afterlife-believing fools...
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Mixomatosis 7,349 99 11/30/03 08:04 PM
by trendal
* What happens if you follow diff religions and die?
( 1 2 all )
r00tg04t 1,758 23 11/12/05 06:13 PM
by gnrm23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
782 topic views. 2 members, 13 guests and 26 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.