Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world...
    #980299 - 10/21/02 04:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hello to all you Shroomites out there! Been a long time since my last post but I am back and I still have much love for you all!

In my humble and fallible opinion I hear a lot of people with the attitude of the perfect world will come when everyone agrees with me, when everyone goes to my church or when everyone is nice to me. I think a lot of people have an attitude of people must be nice to me before I can be nice to them. They have the right, but I think that is not a productive attitude for a better world. What if we were mean to everyone who was mean to us? We may feel satisfied with a good quip that makes us feel like the offended has been outwitted, but what are we actually doing? It is kind of a selfish thing, don't you think? I think kindness has to be a policy that we extend to every last person, no matter how bad we think they are. This doesn't mean you have to sit there and get beat up just because you want to be nice to your attacker but that does mean that if you have a dispute with someone instead of piling on the insults and layering the increasingly cruel vengeful actions you should try and calmly figure out the root of the problem, how it can be fixed, etc. Some people will say, "Yes, but some people just won't listen". I would say to those people that the reason some people won't listen is because they have probably been a victim of some sort of abuse, whether it be physical, sexual or the very under appreciated mental abuse. Nobody ever has listened to them before, so why don't you try? Who knows you may change the world for the better, just that much. Do you want to be a part of the better good, or do you want to be a part of the better evil? To put it simply I have a little saying...

Love to those who do not love me, because love is need with them the most.

Tolerance to those who do not tolerate me, because tolerance is needed with them the most.

Patience to those who do not have patience with me, because patience is needed with them the most.

Understanding to those that do not understand me, because understanding is needed with them the most.

Peace to those who are not peaceful with me, because peace is needed with them the most.

All the above is only my opinion...LOVE TO THE SHROOMERY!

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world... [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #980305 - 10/21/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

amen to that!

--------------------

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #980964 - 10/21/02 08:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

How about we round up all the imperfect people and gas them? That would work, right...?

Anonymous

Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: Xibalba]
    #980985 - 10/21/02 08:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Indeed. The only way to create a perfect world (which is, in itself, subjective) is to kill those who disagree with you.

One might believe a perfect world would be ruled by common sense.

Another person might want one ruled by faith.

And another would want love to rule all.

Fight for what you belive is right. To me, a perfect world is a free one, where people are able to express their own opinions without fear of persecution, where law is a tool used ONLY to prevent acts which are UNIVERSALLY unaccepted (such as murder, rape, theft, etc.)

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: Anonymous]
    #981178 - 10/21/02 09:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

there should be no laws. There will always be flaws in laws. Everyone has the ability to distinguish Right from Wrong. To kill is wrong. To hurt someone in some way is wrong. To love is Right. Its because there we're those who chose not to follow this cosmic conscience that Laws were invented.

I say those willing to follow those rules of our cosmic conscience, come join me in my Utopian society. Muhahahahaha (insane laughter).  :crazy: 

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineShroomalicious

Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: Anonymous]
    #981331 - 10/21/02 10:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am not sure if I got the wrong tone, but I never said everyone had to all agree. In fact that is exactly WHAT I did not say. We have to be kind to each other and not let silly things like differences get in our way.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Edited by Shroomalicious (10/21/02 10:24 PM)

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #981428 - 10/21/02 10:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Psychedelics are part of the equation for world peace!!!!!

Money feeds ego; psychedelics destroy ego, and then build you back up, to a peace loving person!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: johnnyfive]
    #982201 - 10/22/02 07:38 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

we already live in a perfect world .... you can't have the sweet without the sour. i think if everyone excepted the fact it would indeed get better. how ... dont have a clue in which ways.

if you think otherwise join the right wing conspiricy, facists, red loving communists, and whoever else thinks thier tunnel vision is the best for the whole world alrady fucked up ... even if peace and love is what they want for thw whole world.

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineKemist

Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: Kemist]
    #982206 - 10/22/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Love to those who do not love me, because love is need with them the most.

Tolerance to those who do not tolerate me, because tolerance is needed with them the most.

Patience to those who do not have patience with me, because patience is needed with them the most.

Understanding to those that do not understand me, because understanding is needed with them the most.

Peace to those who are not peaceful with me, because peace is needed with them the most.

.... this is however very good advice to live by. i dont disagree with it but with the peacemaker always comes with the warmonger.

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: thePatient]
    #982368 - 10/22/02 09:13 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

there should be no laws. There will always be flaws in laws. Everyone has the ability to distinguish Right from Wrong. To kill is wrong. To hurt someone in some way is wrong. To love is Right. Its because there we're those who chose not to follow this cosmic conscience that Laws were invented.

I agree with the patient...I see it as true will as opposed to free will. True will is bypassing the ego and letting "god","higher conciousness", or whatever metaphor floats your boat, act through you. Free will is the ego choosing to satisfy itself above the common good and blocking this connection to "the divine".

I think Aleister Crowley says it best "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law"
(this is the most famous quote of Big Al's that is used to illustrate what a basically wicked character he was as he is obviously supporting anarchy here. Sadly, the second line of the quote rarely gets used.)

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law....love is the law, love under will"

PEACE

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: GazzBut]
    #982443 - 10/22/02 09:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Free will is the ego choosing to satisfy itself above the common good and blocking this connection to "the divine".

Holy shit does that idea suck.
What kind of an asshole god would consider creativity as something that "goes against the common good" (paraphrasing you)?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: Sclorch]
    #982469 - 10/22/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

'Common good' is a rather nebulous term and highly subjective. Hitler thought the common good was best served by eliminating the Jews. Stalin thought it was best served by the starvation of 7 to 10 million Ukrainians.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineShroomalicious

#983531 - 10/22/02 03:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

we already live in a perfect world .... you can't have the sweet without the sour.

LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE!

if you think otherwise join the right wing conspiricy, facists, red loving communists, and whoever else thinks thier tunnel vision is the best for the whole world alrady fucked up ... even if peace and love is what they want for thw whole world.

Nevermind. :wink: Are you saying that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a right wing conspiracist, facist, "red loving" communist? I think that is sort of a tunnel vision kinda of thing as well. It sounds like YOU have the theory of as soon as everyone sees it my way the world will be better, IMO. In fact you said, "i think if everyone excepted the fact it would indeed get better." Once again, this is opinion and you are saying that your opinion is fact and everyone has to agree with it or else the world will never be a better place. At least that is my opinion.

That doesn't sound like tolerance and understanding to me.

Please don't take this as a flame, I want to know how you feel about these things and I also want you to know how I feel, without any hate or anger coming into play. 

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious

Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: thePatient]
    #983565 - 10/22/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Science says you are wrong. Some people literally cannot distinguish between what is considered right and what is considered wrong. I might dought this except I sometimes work with troubled children and know of one right now, a little girl and she has no concept of mean, cruel, "disorderly", etc. She doesn't even udnerstand when she should hide whats she's done, and you wouldn't believe some of the things she has done.

In fact, that is the court room definition of insane people - those who cannot distinguish right and wrong. That is why in every severe absuse case they spend so much time trying to figure out if the guy knew it was wrong or not, because they need to understand if they were dealing with someone who is legally mental or just a guy who knew and didn't care. It is important because then the sentensing is different.

Just my two cents, friend. :smile: Food for thought... 

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious

Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world.. [Re: GazzBut]
    #983621 - 10/22/02 03:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with the patient...I see it as true will as opposed to free will. True will is bypassing the ego and letting "god","higher conciousness", or whatever metaphor floats your boat, act through you. Free will is the ego choosing to satisfy itself above the common good and blocking this connection to "the divine".

I understand what you are saying but it just doesn't play out that easy, or at least it has not in past history. How many times have terrible things been carried out in "God's will"? I agree if everyone acted on true will the world wouldn't need laws. However, a lot of people do and will (IMO) act in a way that they feel like it and then just say they are acting on their "true will"...and who's to say they are wrong? Who's to say it is not true will? Who should make those judgements?

I am much against the idea of law and order but the issue is much more complex then simply two extremes of law equals control which equals Totalitarianism 100% of the time or the other extreme of let everyone do what they want equals world peace 100% of the time.

I don't like government, or censorship (AT ALL!). However, I am just playing devil's advocate to show that if you are going to tear down government and have peace, it is going to take a lot of thinking things out.

Know what I mean?

--------------------

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world... [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #983718 - 10/22/02 04:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Very true words.
How to make the world a better place? stop mirroring negativety. We all have the capacity of generating positive energy simply by transforming negativety through this. If someone is angry, dont get angry with them, just see that inside is a person suffering. Have compassion. We are all in a mode of ignorance, some of us to a lesser extent then others, realise that when dealing with people, some may or may not have had as many opportunities as you for personal and spiritual growth, realise this when dealing with yourself also. We are all dealing with the karmic web of our previous actions, it prescribes our behaviour. So each time you see in yourself reflected something negative, be and stay aware of it, be true to yourself and others about it, dont hide it in the shadows so it can start to exert an influence over you, push it into the light of awareness and let it be absolved by it. Then make the commitment to not do it again, thereby clearing your karma.

--------------------
Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

OfflineShroomalicious

Re: Thoughts on how to achieve the perfect world... [Re: BBin]
    #983768 - 10/22/02 04:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think another way you could put it is...you never know why a person is being "mean"...so don't be so quick to assume that it is because they just enjoy ruining other people day, it may not be so personal.

--------------------

OfflineKemist

#983828 - 10/22/02 04:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i had no intention of coming off as an asshole Shroomalicious.

all i ment to say is that there is no right or wrong. i don't believe in killing, infact my one rule is don't kick other peoples dirt pile because i dont want them kicking mine. murder to some people is OK and i can see it why they believe that ... it is OK for them but not for me. so i wont do it .... im just judging myself. i've had people murdered in my family ... i've had my home invaded twice and held captive till they filled thier cups with our valubles ... i've been jumped numerous times ... i went through an ordeal where my uncle and brother were beaten up and threatened to be burned in front of me (the home invasion, first time)

i have seen all of this and it doesn't bother me. i wouldn't do these thing because i see the harm it's done to my mom but my mom (along with the rest of the family) have this really high moral code ... which i dont have for odd reason.

with the communist, nra, etc etc ... what i ment by that is people get really emotional about an ideal or concept dealing with politics, religion, or science. its all the same to me ... your dedicationg all your energy into one political, religious, or scientific dogma. spend enough time in one train of thought and thats how you will see the world. perfect example: i was watching the 700 club the other day (its on the christian channel TBN ... and its a show like 20/20, 60 minutes but with a christian theme)

well in india, schools have been put under privatization recently and a fundamental hindu group is taking most of them up. they enforce prayer to hindu gods and intolerances to any other religion. they teach thier kids is good to die for india. they were interviewing a speaker from inida (he a christian) and asked what they have to do. he hit many of good points ... the fundamental schools were teaching intolerance of other religions. this can cause a civil war in india between the muslims and hindus, their tensions are already high enough.

then he was asked how can we save india ... his answer "the gospal and teaching all of india the teaching of jesus, we have to save thier souls"

a whole 30 minutes of agreeing with the guy and at the end he missed the whole point. no religion is for all and forcing christian dogma on the whole of india is just the same as doing the same with hinduism and islam.

but then again its how he sees the world and i can see why he answered the question, his solution. his tunnel vision is just really strong one and so his answers come off strong. his universe, his earth, his country, his home, his social group ... himself. thats all it really is.

but thats what causes pain and strife .... and the truth is we need pain and strife to work against. progression! the reason thers so much drama in the world is because there really isn't really anything to do. remember playing house ... thats all life is, you play house your entire life.

its all just one big story to me and im playing my part. like i said the world is already perfect ... i have no problem with the world. its the best story ever.

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineKemist

#983838 - 10/22/02 04:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

now im not pretending to be the next jesus ... just today i flipped some guy for cutting me off. im imperfect and i'm just trying to practice what i preach.

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineShroomalicious

#983906 - 10/22/02 04:49 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am really glad you explained yourself because after you did I can see that me and you see eye to eye for the most part. :smile: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom