Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Shroomism]
    #1580280 - 05/27/03 12:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sources. Sources. Sources?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Sclorch]
    #1580412 - 05/27/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I do most of my research through books.. but here are some online
Sources
Sources
Sources
Sources
SourcesSources
Sources

That's just what I found in a few quick searches.

Also..remember when I said a few years ago that chambers would be found under the Sphinx?

http://www.lyghtforce.com/Giza/ -
Seismography. The seismic survey indicated the existence of several unexplored tunnels and cavities in the bedrock beneath the Sphinx, including a large rectangular chamber at a depth of some 25 feet beneath the monuments front paws.
And http://www.csd.k12.wi.us/pyramid.htm

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (05/27/03 01:23 AM)

Anonymous

#1580991 - 05/27/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well done Co-Mod! Good stuff!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1581056 - 05/27/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I did not say saucers lifted the blocks,
Not in this thread, but you have stated in nearly identical threads that you believed that aliens built them. Please clarify your stance.

I said the Egyptians did not build them, because they existed 4,000 years or more before their first society.
So it was technologically impossible for the Egyptians to build them in your opinion, yet an older, which historically means technologically inferior, civilization of men made them? That doesn't make any sense.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Swami]
    #1581083 - 05/27/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

... yet an older, which historically means technologically inferior, civilization of men made them?

Older does not equal technologically inferior. It conceivable that certain knowledge is lost with the loss of a civilization, sort of like the dark ages.

I remember reading some years ago where a person came up with the theory that the blocks of the pyramids were actually poured and formed in place similar in some ways to concrete, this would explain the close tolerances between the stones.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1581086 - 05/27/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The pyramids are nifty and all, but the math and all the amazing numbers surrounding them aren't special.

The reason so many nifty little coincidences were found? Hundreds and hundreds of idiots have wasted their time finding them. You could find equally amazing math in any structure on the planet, it's just you don't have such a huge following of new-age nutbars pouring over the numbers.

There never was any reason to believe that aliens had anything to do with the pyramids. The best information suggests that the pyramids were built by the Egyptians over a long period of time, we aren't exactly sure how they do it, but that doesn't mean you have to jump to conclusions.

I'm not exactly sure how they make Twinkies, but I think it's a safe bet that the people in the factories are using normal technology; no telepathy, no aliens.

As for the claim that the pyramids are more amazing than anything we could possibly construct today, I should point out you're sitting in front of a piece of technology that is a million times more advanced than the pyramids.

With todays technology, we could easily make pyramids. Huge slabs of stone are not hard to get, and we could just use cranes to lug it around.

We could probably even do a better job, the outside of the pyramids was extremely well measured and constructed, but nobody ever mentions the fact that the blocks on the inside aren't very well measured, and not well laid out.

So while the exact construction methods remain a mystery, there really isn't any good reason to believe that they were created by aliens.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1581094 - 05/27/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"Nor did I say there was, besides stating the fact that the chambers were pointed towards certain star systems. "

If I were to randomly point my arms into the sky, I would be pointing directly at certain star systems. This is not evidence of ANYTHING.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Phluck]
    #1581134 - 05/27/03 10:39 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Just a bit more:

http://www.catchpenny.org/pyramid.html

http://www.catchpenny.org/ has lots of great pyramid information. It's not ridiculous pseudoscience, which is damn refreshing.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1581136 - 05/27/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Not in this thread, but you have stated in nearly identical threads that you believed that aliens built them. Please clarify your stance.

Yes I did, but I specifically left that out of my post in this thread because I was stating facts, not opinion.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1581139 - 05/27/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Not in this thread, but you have stated in nearly identical thr

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Evolving]
    #1581144 - 05/27/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Older does not equal technologically inferior. It conceivable that certain knowledge is lost with the loss of a civilization, sort of like the dark ages.

Stone age, copper age, bronze age, iron age, steel age... There may be small temporary setbacks, but the thrust of technology definitely moves forward. There is no historical evidence (other than speculation) that a pre-Egyptian dynasty was in any way superior.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1581151 - 05/27/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not exactly sure how they make Twinkies...

Twinkies is a shortened version of twinkling stars. How can you say that has nothing to do with outer space?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1581157 - 05/27/03 10:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If I were to randomly point my arms into the sky, I would be pointing directly at certain star systems.

Can you do this for us? I would assign extreme significance to whatever star system you point to.

--------------------

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1582031 - 05/27/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Strumpling:
Quote:

I liked your connection between physical man-made pyramids and the "pyramid" structure of various "hierarchies" which manage most man-made "organizations" or "civilizations" or "associations" or "corporation" or whatever..

Yes, check out the illuminati symbol, actually i don't think there is only one meaning for it, but many. To me the floating top piece of the pyramind represents, atlantis, and god. (3 sided eye, 3rd eye??) (not to mention the concepts of one and many)

shroomism:
What about the underwater pyraminds? Atlantis, i know of one, but im betting there are alot more.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (05/27/03 04:16 PM)

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1582991 - 05/27/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

(3 sided eye, 3rd eye??)

The Pyramids aren't three sided fella

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Viveka]
    #1583036 - 05/27/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think he was reffering to the "illuminati pyramid"

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1591889 - 05/30/03 12:14 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Then why no record of the construction of the pyramids, when they left many records of all their other great achievements? Surely such a feat as building the Pyramids would elicit some many manuscripts and data from their construction? There is none.

once again we find ourselves refering to thousands of years of history as "them." There were generations and generations of egyptians. Each one would have been different.. think amenhotep.. very different direction. Who says there couldn't have been a group in power in egypt for 50 years who was different from the hundreds of other leaders throughout egyptian history? Maybe this group didn't want to leave records for whatever reason.

There is graffiti out there in egypt by ancient scribes.. they write their name and some dates down on rocks, but there is no graffiti from the post-pyramid egyptians of the pyramids. Don't you think they would draw the pyramids just cause they're fun to draw?

Have you ever seen images describing how to build the world trade center? Well, how many records would you leave of how to build it if you had to take forever carving it out of rock? Not many.. maybe one. Why bother doing it twice? Easy to lose stuff like that over millenia. Also, not having a record of how it was done falls into my paradigm that I started this thread off with. They wanted to leave a crazy puzzle. They didn't want to make people think humans COULD have built the pyramids, that's the whole point. They wanted to leave behind no record of them being built. They wanted to wipe out the memory of them being built so that the pyramids could begin inspiring awe as soon as possible. By 100 years after the pyramids were built I bet people didn't remember them getting made.

So yeah, the whole thing about the pyramids is that there are all these ways to look at it as made by Gods or aliens or super humans or whatever, but that's the exact point of the pyramids.. to fuck with your brain. Humans are capable of so much shit. If you and a few thousand other people dedicated your entire lives to building a crazy pyramid, you'd figure it all out eventually.

Also, Graham Hancock checked out that block inside the pyramid that has khufu's name on it and concluded that it would have been impossible to write that on the block after it was in place, which means that somebody signed a block with the pharoah khufu, or Cheops, before it was placed. This dates the pyramid fairly well. Remember Hancock used to be big on saying that the pyramid was way older and that the writing they dated it by was a hoax

As for it being a burial chamber.. no way. If you spent decades building a tomb then would you forget the final touch (your dead body?)? Not likely..

also the rooms inside have mottled walls so that sound resonates a certain way.. I bet it has cool acoustics.

I can't remember the stories, but there are 2 people we know of who have slept in the great pyramid. Napolean was one of them. I think he was the one who wouldn't say a word about it. The other guy said it was some crazy shit, and I bet it would be. Pretty fucked up place to be sleeping I bet (or trippin).

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals